What happens in Jeju, stays in Jeju

Forever and Always

 

 “That was fun!” Narsha said as she stretches during their break time at the photo shoot.

2AM and BEG were currently on a magazine pictorial shoot. The concept is about a medieval rivalry between the 2 families, Oh Hwa and Yeol Sub. Oh Hwa consists of Narsha, Jinwoon, Kwon and JeA while Yeol Sub consists of Ga-in, Changmin, Seulong and Miryo. The storyline is that the two families were rivals since way back then; Kwon and Ga-in fell in love which resulted to adding more fuel to the rivalry. Seulong being the protective brother he is; didn’t want Kwon for his sister that he killed his sister’s lover. Ga-in depressed by what her brother did and upset on how their families were behaving, jumped over a cliff, killing her.

It was the break of dawn when they started to prepare for the shoot. The first scene, which they finished, depicted on how happy their families are while having this arrogant feeling of being the best against their rival.

Kwon stared at Ga-in intently, he remembered how shocked he was when he saw BEG coming out from the dressing room, particularly in what Ga-in was wearing. She was wearing a red off the shoulder dress which expresses a royal look. She’s so beautiful. He thought.

This gown is too heavy and too hot. Ga-in thought. She was about to complain further when her eyes darted upon the person who was staring intently at her and she could feel the faint blush slowly forming. She looked away trying to hide and looked at others busily chatting. At least they didn’t see me, or they would torture me with the teasing for a long time. She thought.

“There she is…my dear, dear sister…” Seulong said as he approached Ga-in. “Well, look at you all dressed up”

Everyone looked at their direction, adding to her embarrassment. Kwon automatically approached her.

“Look at Jo-seobang, mesmerized by our maknae…” JeA teased.

Seulong put his arms around Ga-in’s shoulder to Kwon’s irritation. “Come on my dear sister, you can’t go close to that family. Don’t ever talk to Kwon. Do you understand me?” He playfully said and the others laughed. He was oblivious to the fact that what he was doing is irritating Kwon.

Ga-in glared at Seulong’s foolishness at the same time embarrassed at JeA’s side comment.

“Ga-in noona….” Kwon faintly said.

Ga-in was about to turn when Seulong grabbed her.

“Yah, Ga-in ah. We have to start the shoot, don’t go wandering around.” Seulong said playfully. Now let’s see how Kwon-ah will react. He thought smiling.

Kwon was about to retort and give his hyung a good nagging when he saw Ga-in glaring at Seulong.

“Yah, Im Seulong. How dare you grab me like that! Look at how red my wrist is!” she told him leaving the BEG members laughing and the other 2AM members shocked.

“Yah, you were about to flirt with Kwon-ah, I was just saving you the embarrassment.” Seulong said grinning to himself. Narsha who can’t control her laughter, exploded.

“Aigoo~ you two, stop being such children. Really you remind me of me and my brother.”

Ga-in just glared at the tall man before her and stomped away, irritated.

“Aren’t you going to apologize hyung?” Jinwoon worridly asked Seulong.

“Nah, just let her be. She’ll calm down in minute.”

“But what if she stays angry at you?” 2AM’s maknae reasoned.

“Don’t worry Jinwoonie, she is just like that, but most of the time she is very adorable indeed” JeA told Jinwoon and Seulong just patted him in agreement.

All of them started to prepare for the next shoot unknowing that there is a person who witnessed the whole scene.

Kwon looked at them not believing on how jealous he is on Seulong and Ga-in’s comfortable relationship. This reminded him on the time when Ga-in visited the 2AM dorm for the first time.

“Yah! Wake up!” Ga-in said as she was about to sit on his bed.

Seulong just groaned while Ga-in kept pestering him.

Kwon was slightly jealous at how close the same-aged friends are, he didn’t know why he felt that way. What he only knew was, he had to block Ga-in from casually sitting on a man’s bed. She is his wife! How dare her be comfortable with another man?

At the Backroom interview, when the episode was aired, he heard Ga-in say, “It doesn’t matter if he is a man or I am a woman that is how comfortable we are.” On the label it said Same-aged best friends. That made him wonder on how close they are.

Kwon looked at the group casually laughing. He saw how right JeA was, Ga-in was again casually joking around with Seulong and the others, and he was jealous of the fact that there were sides of her that he didn’t know.

Seulong saw Kwon in a corner, dazed. He called his dongsaeng and when Kwon looked at him, he saw a hint of jealousy but it quickly disappeared. Well this is interesting, he thought. He motioned him to join them and Kwon agreed.

Kwon was jealous, and he was confused. When Seulong called him to join them, he smiled.

What was I thinking? He thought as he shrugged off his jealousy.

******************************

“Kwon look at her eyes. Pretend that both of you are really in love” the photographer told the two of them.

They were shooting the last scene. This is the scene where Kwon and Ga-in was supposed to convey a happy couple. They already ended the other scenes including the one which Ga-in died in the end with ease. For some reason, they couldn’t imagine why the photographer wanted to shoot this scene last.

This is harder than I thought. Kwon thought. He tried looking at her, he really did. But every time he did, he could feel his face becoming warm so he ended up looking away.

“Ga-in, please try to caress his face and look at him lovingly. Try to convey a woman who is deeply in love and has eyes only for the person in front of her.” The photographer said.

But Ga-in couldn’t stop laughing when she is looking at Kwon. Why am I so giggly? She thought. This isn’t me at all.

“Let’s take a short break.” The photographer said, exasperated.

“I’m sorry…” both of them said, the photographer just nodded at them. They are such an interesting couple. He thought as he walked away, hiding a smile.

“Yah, what is the matter between the two of you? You couldn’t even get a shot right.” JeA said worryingly.

“Sorry…” the both of them said faintly, bowing their heads.

“Maybe they were just conscious of each other.” Miryo said blankly which made everyone look at her.

“Come to think of it, it was like this when we shot our music video, right hyung?” Jinwoon said to Changmin.

“Only this is much worse…” Changmin said and everyone laughed.

Kwon and Ga-in were red with embarrassment. They didn’t dare to look at each other.

“Yah, I’m so proud of the two of you.” Seulong said as he put his arms around them.

“I don’t care if you two really love each other. I don’t care if you two kiss in front of us. So what if, both of you are conscious of one another? I don’t care if that is the reason both of you are like that, but please try and finish this scene okay? I’m kind of hungry.” Narsha said smirking.

Everyone looked at her and started laughing. Truly an adult-idol indeed, Changmin, Seulong and Jinwoon thought.

******************************

“It’s a relief that’s done.” Miryo said, tired.

“Blame it on the two of them there.” Narsha said pointing at Kwon and Ga-in who still have a faint blush visible on their cheeks.

The shoot which conveyed them as a couple, was done. Everyone was tired and frustrated when Kwon and Ga-in kept on being conscious with each other.

Kwon looked at Ga-in and remembered their conversation earlier.

“Let’s get this over and done with” Ga-in whispered to Kwon. “Imagine yourself in love; I don’t care if you think of Oh Bang Shil.” She said, smirking.

“Noona…” Kwon said, How dare she think that I’m thinking of Bang Shil? If she only knew..., he thought.

“Okay, look at each other’s eyes…” the photographer said.

They looked at each other, closer they went.

“I didn’t know how beautiful her eyes are till up close.” He thought.

“I didn’t know how charming he is…” she thought.

“Okay, that’s a wrap…” the photographer said, bursting their bubble. They looked at each other then looked away. “I can’t believe we were this close in….” they both thought, embarrassed.

The photographer looked at the last picture shot and said “I don’t know why I’m saying this but, if I didn’t know better, this shot looked like the two of you are really in love.”

The rest of 2AM and BEG looked at the picture and he was right, it looked like the two of them are madly in love. They looked at the “couple” smiling knowingly while Kwon and Ga-in looked away embarrassed.

“I’m hungry…” JeA said and everyone agreed.

“Since this is our last night here, why don’t we have a party?” Narsha said.

“But what if our managers would not agree?” Jinwoon said.

“Don’t worry, why don’t we invite them? That way they wouldn’t worry too much and they wouldn’t have thoughts of people trying to date.” Seulong said, and then looked back at the persons who were still quiet the whole time.

Kwon looked at Ga-in but she wasn’t looking at her.

“Yah, Seulong-ah, who are you talking about?” Ga-in said irritated.

“Why are you so guilty?” Seulong said but Ga-in just glared at him.

“Either way, I’m looking forward to a fun night.” Narsha said and everyone agreed.

This is going to be a long night. Kwon thought.

******************************

Kwon slipped away from the crowd. He was earlier surprised that both of BEG and 2AM’s managers agreed at Narsha’s request of a party. There were lot of chatting, loud music and alcohol. The music was too loud that he went to go get fresh air for a while; he sat at the bench near the pool and looked at the stars. He was contented at the fact that s and the noonas get along great. This feeling is great, the feeling of being part of a very loud family. He smiled at that thought.

“Oh, there you are…”

Kwon looked at the person standing and smiled.

“What are you doing here Ga-in noona?” he said as he motioned her to sit beside him and she did.

“Narsha-unnie and Seulong-ah were so loud, I think they drunk. They even are singing loudly. Who even thought of bringing the karaoke machine to a party?”

“I think that would be JeA-noona’s idea…” Kwon said. Both of them heard JeA singing her heart out, obviously tipsy. They looked at each other and laughed.

“I can’t believe my unnies are that loud, sometimes I think I’m actually older than them.” She said shaking her head.

He looked at her and smiled, “I think you are drunk yourself.”

“Yah! Who told you I’m drunk? It was just a can of beer.” She told him.

“Definitely drunk.” He said chuckling but she just glared at him.

“So what is your reason in being here?”

“I just wanted some time alone…” he said, she was about to stand up when he grabbed her wrist. “It’s okay you can stay here if you want.”

“It’s so refreshing here.” She said as she looked at the stars. Kwon looked at her and smiled warmly. She’s so beautiful.

“…”

“Are you cold?” he asked her.

“No…”

He took off his jacket and put it on her. She looked at him and blushed.

“There…you can borrow it for now…” he said smiling.

Both of them continued to look at the stars when she noticed that he was cold too. She moved closer to him and hugged him. Kwon was startled at what she was doing but she just smiled. They stayed that way for a long time until he felt that she was staring at him. He looked at her and saw her smiling as she leaned against him.

 “Oh what the heck...” was the last thought he remembered as he was about to move closer to the object of his affections.

The night was cool and the stars’ shine reflecting against the pool was romantic as the “couple” moved closer to one another oblivious to the faint sounds their friends where making at the party. For tonight, it was just the two of them.

 

Author’s note:

Sorry if I posted this late TT^TT. Just as promised this is quite a long (?) and interesting chapter. Hehehe…

I wanted to build up a comfortable relationship between Ga-in and Seulong here, but don’t worry you won’t hate him here. :P