The truth will not always set you free

Forever and Always

 

“Where is Ga-in ah?” Narsha said as JeA went to join them for breakfast.

“Hi noona~” Jinwoon said as they joined the other BEG members with Sunye and Rin following behind.

“Where is Gain?” Seulong said looking around. “I haven’t seen her in the shoot last night.”

“She’s not feeling well…maybe she’ll join us later.” JeA said blankly while starting to dig in. Narsha and Miryo already knew what happened. The BEG leader looked at Kwon and she saw him looking around. At least we have a reaction, JeA thought.

*flashback*

“I can’t go and eat breakfast like this unnie, what should I do?” Ga-in said looking at the mirror complaining about her puffy eyes. She was pacing around their shared room. Narsha and Miryo were sharing a room next door.

“I’ll go and make up some excuse… just don’t go looking like that. Remember you need to talk to him without him questioning what happened.” JeA told her.

“Please explain it to Miryo unnie and Narsha unnie for me…thank you.” Ga-in said. JeA just smiled at her and closed the door

*end flashback*

I hope she’s fine, was all BEG’s leader could think about.

*******************************

Ga-in awoke for the second time that day. The sun was almost setting and she could almost feel her stomach grumbling in protest. I guess I should eat. She thought.

On her way to the hotel restaurant she saw Sunye and greeted her.

“Unnie are you okay?” Sunye asked her. She knew that even though Ga-in wouldn’t admit it to everybody, she was hurt.

“I am Sun, don’t worry…” Ga-in said smiling.

“Where were you? You missed breakfast and lunch.” Her dongsaeng stared at her worried.

“I was about to grab something, care to join me?” Ga-in said while Sunye followed behind her.

******************************

Sunye couldn’t take her eyes away from her Ga-in unnie. She seems fine, she thought. That earned her a confused stare from Ga-in.

“What’s the matter?” she said in between chews.

“Nothing…” Sunye said looking away, embarrassed.

“You know…I decided to talk to him, about us.” Ga-in pointed out which made her dongsaeng beam at her.

“It’s about time unnie~ you don’t even wanna know how tiring it is to look at you two and feel this awkward tense atmosphere between the two of you.” her dongsaeng said sighing then she looked at Ga-in apologetically. “It’s not what I meant unnie, I mean you should talk about things. Work things out.”

“Is it that tiring?” Ga-in asked her while Sunye nervously looked at her. “Come on, I’m not going to bite. I just needed to hear it out.”

“It is…” Sunye told her frankly.

******************************

Rin was walking near the hotel when she saw Kwon standing alone, looking far away. He seems to be deep in thought she thought. She stared at him and smiled.

*flashback*

Sunye sighed and sat on the couch. “Okay just tell me one thing, and tell it to me honestly…”

“What is it unnie?”

“Do you like Kwon?” Sunye looked at her.

“I---- I…” her hoobae looked at her face reddening.

“I thought so…”

“But unnie, it’s not like I would do anything about it.” Rin protested.

“I don’t know about that Rin. Personally from the way I’m seeing it? You want to. But you should tell that to yourself.” Sunye said as she walked away.

*end flashback*

Do I really want to do something about it? She thought.

*****************************

“Finally you grace us with your presence…” Narsha said teasing her while sitting beside her on the table.

“Are you okay?” Miryo asked her.

Ga-in laughed at her unnies and said “I decided to confront Kwon about our situation.”

“About time!” Narsha said amused. “The both of you make me so frustrated…”

“Yah, Son Ga-in where the hell have you been?” Seulong said patting his friend’s head. “Back from the dead?” he teased.

“Anyway…” she said as she glared at him. “Where is Kwon-ah?”

Her friend looked at her breaking into a smile. “Finally!”

“Shut up Ong Ong…” she said face reddening.

“I saw him alone near the hotel. I think you could find him there.” He said as Ga-in immediately went to find him.

“About time…” was all she could hear as she left her friend and her unnies cheering.

**************************

Kwon was still staring out into space oblivious of the fact that someone was watching him. He was about to join the others for dinner when he finally saw Rin staring.

“Rin, I didn’t know you were there” he said smiling.

“Oppa, have you ever wished that you could fly?” Rin said looking up in the sky.

“Huh?”

“I mean it would be nice to fly and touch the stars right?” she said smiling.

Kwon looked up the sky and Rin looked at him, “It would be nice…”

“The feeling of flying above the clouds…the feeling of being in love…” she said, face reddening.

Kwon looked at her and smiled. “Have you made peace with your cousin? Their wedding is near right?”

Rin looked away and smiled “I want to make peace with them. I finally decided that I would go to their wedding. I was hurt yes, but I guess time heals all wounds…” she looked at Kwon and asked “Are you happy oppa?”

Kwon sighed. “I want to be. I know I could be…it’s just that…” he looked at his watch and said to her. “Come, the others are definitely waiting for us.” He said walking past her.

Rin held his arm and he looked at her puzzled. “Oppa, we need to talk”

******************************

“Have you seen Kwon-ah?” Ga-in said cheerfully as she saw Jinwoon and Changmin heading back into the hotel’s restaurant.

“I think I saw him back there noona~” Jinwoon said and winked “I think he is alone”

“Thanks Jinwoonie~” she said smiling.

“You seem rather cheerful today…” Changmin told her, amused but Ga-in just waved at them as she went to look for Kwon.

*******************************

Kwon smiled “What do you want to talk about?”

“I don’t know where to start oppa~ I mean…”  Rin said nervously.

“You know, you could always talk to me…” he said putting his hand on her arm for encouragement.

“I know this is wrong…I mean…”

“What’s wrong?” he told her confused.

“Oppa I think I….oppa, I like you….”

Kwon smiled and said “I like you too Rin.”

“I mean, I like you.” she said tears b. He looked at her speechless “I like you…” she grabbed his arm and hugged him.

“Rin…I--” he said sighing.

She looked at him and pulled him closer, staring into his eyes and finally pressing her lips into his.

******************************

“Where the heck is that Kwon-ah? Just when I wanted to talk to him finally.” Ga-in said as she looked around. She finally saw him, his back her. She was about to surprise him when….

“I like you…” Rin said. She saw as Kwon’s dongsaeng hugged him and pulled him closer, kissing him.

Ga-in couldn’t move, she was rooted to the spot.

“Kwon!”

Kwon looked at the sound of the voice and saw Sunye fuming. He was surprised when he saw Ga-in with her. He wanted to call out to her but no sound came out.

“What the hell was that Jo Kwon?” Sunye told her bestfriend angrily. She looked at Ga-in and gasped. “Unnie~”

Like being out in a trance, Ga-in looked at Sunye, a lone tear came out. “Sun—I, I forgot…” she said as she ran out.

“Ga-in!” Kwon cried out and ran after her.

“Oppa!” Rin said as she ran after him but Sunye blocked her path.

Sunye grabbed her arm and told her menacingly “You are going to explain what the hell is going on…”

****************************

Ga-in had to get out of there. She witnessed something she shouldn’t have seen. She wanted the tears to stop but it seems like it won’t.

“Ga-in. Wait!” Kwon said after her.

She stopped, it’s like her legs couldn’t run anymore. Kwon stopped panting and let her face him. He was surprised at her tear-stained face.

“Ga-in, what you saw back there was not what you think it is.” Kwon explained.

“What are…”

“You know how I feel and I…” he said worried.

“That what are we Kwon-ah? What am I to you? What are we?” Ga-in said running away from him crying.

I honestly don’t know.

******************************

“Where is Ga-in?” Narsha asked their manager the next day. “I haven’t seen her at dinner last night”

“She went home first thing in the morning.” BEG’s manager replied.

A/N:

The cat’s out of the bag. Finally.