Behind that smile

Forever and Always

 

Sometimes things don’t exactly turn out to be the way you want it to be.

Sometimes things happen beyond what the mind can comprehend, but most of the time you end up being hurt.

“Yah!”

Kwon looked at his girlfriend in disbelief amidst the laughter of his 2AM members. He glared at Seulong who was laughing the most.

Ga-in looked at Kwon, who sat at the far end of the room in embarrassment. She felt sorry for Kwon but at the same time tried hard not to laugh.

“Rule number 1, Kwon-ah. Don’t you dare approach Ga-in from behind because she can be a tiger and bite you.” Ong said in between laughs.

Kwon just glared at his hyung and whimpered like a hurt puppy. This is the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to me…to date. He thought to himself.

Ga-in who kept looking at Kwon couldn’t contain her laughter. She burst out leaving all of the 2AM members speechless and Kwon even dreaming of digging up a hole to hide in.

Kwon embarrassed, tried to get away but Ga-in pulled him in for a kiss which made the other 2AM members whistle.

“Getting too bold now Ga-in ah?” Changmin jokingly said.

*flashback*

“Oppa, I want that lunch box; give it to me” Ga-in said as she tried to reach for the sumptuous looking one.

“That is for Kwon-ah. If you like I would make you one later on” Changmin said to her calmly. Ga-in was currently in the 2AM waiting room.

Seulong, who was chomping down the food that the oldest AM member made, stuck his toungue at his friend. “Sad to be you Ga-in ah” and that remark earned him a glare from her.

Kwon quietly stepped in the room and saw that Ga-in’s back was on him. Jinwoon who saw his hyung was about to greet him but stopped when he saw Kwon trying to sush him.

Kwon silently crept in on Ga-in while shaking his head on his other two members. He whispered on her ear and said “I love you” then tried to kiss her; but to his dismay she did not act the way he wanted her too. Instead, she had her eyes wide as she turned and slapped him on his head. He looked at her disbelieving while she tried to say sorry a million times.

*end flashback*

Kwon looked at the small frame that just kissed him and now looks at him apologetically and sighed.

“You know Kwon-ah, Ga-in hates it when someone surprises her like that. That is her normal reaction” Seulong said still trying so hard not to laugh. “Imagine, you trying to be romantic then she slaps you. Ah, Ga-in ah that was amazing! I wish I could record it, it’ll be in my memory forever” Changmin glared at his most tackless member.

Kwon glared at his hyung and thought Of course you knew that, and you didn’t warn me. He sat on the couch exhausted but mainly because that embarrassment could last a lifetime. He leaned on the couch and closed his eyes. He could feel someone sitting beside him and hugging him.

Ga-in was feeling apologetic and looked at Kwon’s exhausted state. She knew that she embarrassed him big time in front of s no less. Imagine the great Director Kwon slapped by her. She sat beside him and when she saw that he wouldn’t budge she hugged him.

Kwon looked at her and smiled. Why is it that with just a smile you could melt my heart? He thought.

“Sorry.”, Ga-in said and pouted cutely at him. Kwon smiled and brushed the loose strand that was dangling on her face. “Look, Changmin-oppa made lunch. You should eat now yeobo, you look exhausted.” She said as she handed him the lunch box that she was angling over since a while ago.

With 2AM’s preparation for their album and their concert, Kwon was the stressed one. Being the leader could sometimes be stressful and insane. If not for her, he would work to the death that is why the other members were so thankful of the wonderful thing Ga-in and Kwon shared.

Kwon grabbed her hand and intertwined it with his he sighed and closed his eyes. Ga-in who saw how tired he is, tightened their intertwined hands hoping that she could at least give him strength. He leaned his head on top of her head and sighed. The other AM members who were witnessing this subtle romantic exchange couldn’t help but smile, this is what their leader needs; although it’s good, sometimes their leader would be a crazy workaholic.

“Oppa~ we need you at the recording studio right now.” Chae Rin said as she peeked in the waiting room. She looked at the other AM members and then at Ga-in. “Hello~” she said as she bowed her head. Kwon sighed before opening his eyes and looked at Ga-in’s worried face. He smiled at her and patted her cheek before reluctantly letting go of their intertwined hands.

Before Kwon stood up, Ga-in pulled him into a hug and whispered “I love you” in his ear. He smiled genuinely at her and whispered the same thing. Seeing him smiling like that is more than enough for her.

She gave the lunch box to him but he said “You go ahead eat it; I’ll grab something on the way”

“Promise me, you will eat?” she said with aegyo.

“I will.” He said smiling, he stood up and went to a beet red faced Chae Rin looking at them. “Come on Rin-ah, let’s go”

“Y-yes…bye oppa, bye unnie” Chae Rin said as she closed the door.

“I’m so jealous…” Changmin said which made Ga-in blush. She completely forgot that the other AM members were in the same room with them and with that she covered her face.

“Yah, Son Gain! Do you have to display that in front of us?” Seulong said. “Get a room!”

“Yah!” Ga-in said as she tackled Seulong.

“I want to fall in love.” Jinwoon said.

**************************

“Oppa, are you okay?” Chae Rin asked Kwon. She noticed that even though he was driving, he would sigh now and then.

“I’m okay, just tired I guess.”

“We could tell Bang Shi Hyuk PD to re-schedule it for tomorrow” she said at of worry.

“No, don’t do that...we should be professional” he said as he turned back to the road.

Chae Rin glanced worriedly at Kwon.

******************************

“Yah, Ga-in ah are you listening to me?” JeA said, waving her hand on their maknae’s face.

Narsha, who was passing by sat beside Ga-in and began to poke her. “What is wrong with you maknae? Is everything alright?”

“Unnie…”, Ga-in looked at her unnies and sighed.

“She’s worried about Kwon...” Miryo suddenly said blankly.

Ga-in looked at her Miryo-unnie and sighed, “Yes, I noticed that he’s too tired lately. I mean, I’m very worried that he might faint due to exhaustion. I don’t even know if he did take his lunch. I mean you know how workaholic he is right?”

The three unnies looked at their maknae in disbelief, they were proud that she is now maturing in terms of relationships and at the same time kind of jealous.

“Wow Ga-in, you sound like a woman in a 30 year old marriage.” Narsha teased which earned her the famous Son Ga-in glare.

“What time is it unnie?” Ga-in asked.

“Its 3 in the afternoon, why do you ask?” JeA said but BEG’s youngest just shrugged.

“Go and call Kwon” Miryo said blankly while the other unnies looked at her confused. Ga-in smiled and went to the other room.

“Why did you even say that? Is there something that we should know?” JeA asked Miryo.

“Sometimes, both of you can be too dense.” Miryo said.

“But how do we tell her then?” Narsha said worriedly.

“I don’t know…” JeA said.

“You tell her, you’re the mother right?” Miryo said jokingly at JeA and Narsha nodded in agreement.

******************************

I love you.

Kwon looked at the last text sent to him by Ga-in. She was his strength. Sometimes he is too exhausted. He knows that he is a self- confessed workaholic but with her around he knows he can make it.

He dialed the one number he knows by heart, except his mother of course.

“The number you dialed is busy…”

Kwon smiled and dialed once again.

“The number you dialed is busy…”

Kwon became irritated and left his phone on the table

Ring..Ring..Ring…

“Hello?” Kwon said, irritated.

“What the hell Kwon-ah? Why can’t I contact you?”

“I was the one calling and you were busy!”but then Kwon laughed at their sillyness and said “Yeobo, what’s the matter?”

Ga-in softened and said, “Have you had lunch?”

Kwon suddenly became alert and lied “I just did…”

“You are lying”

“I did!”

“Spare me, I know you…yeobo, I’m just worried okay?”

Kwon softened “I forgot yeobo…”

“But you promised.”

“I did want to, but one thing led to another and then before I knew it, its 3 in the afternoon”

“Kwon-ah, it’s always a good thing to be the best in your work but sometimes you have to consider your health. I don’t want you to fall sick. I don’t want to worry that you might faint because you pushed yourself to much.” Ga-in said with sincerity that Kwon’s heart melted.

“I will, maam…”

“I don’t believe you...I’m coming over and bringing lunch.” Ga-in said.

“What will I do without you?” Kwon said, smiling.

“I know…” she said with a smile in her voice.

“I love you yeobo…but you know that right?” he told her.

“I love you too…” she said and hung up.

***************************

“Where are you going?” Narsha asked as Ga-in was busily preparing a lunch box for Kwon.

“Kwon forgot his promise; I’ll just go to him and be back soon.” Ga-in said.

Narsha looked at Miryo but Miryo said “You do it JeA, you’re the leader” and pushed JeA to Ga-in.

“What’s the matter unnie?” BEG’s maknae asked, puzzled at the unnie’s behavior.

“We have to tell you something.” JeA said.

“Well what is it? You guys are so mysterious.” Ga-in said.

“We’re going to be on tour overseas. For 6 months, maybe more.”

Author’s note:

On tour for 6 months, now what will our Ga-in do right? ^^