Misunderstood

Forever and Always

 

Why isn’t he answering? She thought as she was pacing the room. It’s been 2 weeks since we last talked, and that was just a phone call. This is too weird, normally he would—

“Yah maknae! Will you stop circling? You’re making me dizzy.” JeA reprimanded her. “Who are you calling at this hour?”

“Isn’t it obvious? She is missing Jo-seobang, yah, if you continue to make us jealous I will lock you in your room.” Narsha said obviously annoyed.

Ga-in looked at her unnies and glared at them, “Fine, I was calling him but he’s not answering.”

“Ah, he’s giving you the air of mystery for the times you weren’t the one calling him. Our Jo-seobang is just too clever.” Miryo said grinning.

“It’s not like that!” Ga-in said, irritated. She went to her room and slammed the door. How dare the unnies think of Kwon like that? He isn’t like that; maybe he’s just too busy. That’s right, why am I worrying? He’s just busy. She got to sleep with that thought.

******************************

“Thanks for your hardwork” the director told the AM members as they were wrapping up with the CF’s final touches. It was a long day for them as they shoot their newest CF.

“Who are you calling my dear, dear dongsaeng?” Seulong asked their leader but the latter just glared at him. “Ah, feisty today…” he added, laughing.

Sometimes I feel that I’m older than him. Kwon thought.

“Surprise!!!”

Everyone looked at the direction of the voice and they lightened up.

“Sunye!!!!” Seulong said ecstatic. Kwon looked behind him and he brightened up.

“Sun, what are you doing here?” 2AM’s leader asked, smiling.

“Yah, Jo-balaeng! Aren’t you happy that your best friend came to visit you? You must be honored.” Sunye reprimanded him.

“It’s not that, I thought we were going to meet tomorrow.” Kwon quickly said.

“I was visiting Sunmi and coincidentally your location is quite near, so here I am.” Sunye said.

“Don’t mind him Sunye, he is just too overjoyed.” Changmin said.

“How are you Changmin-oppa?” Sunye said, “Remember your promise to treat me…” 2AM’s eldest just smiled.

“Noona~ how are you?” Jinwoon said, revealing his adorable eye smile.

“Awwww… Maknae you are still too adorable.” She said pinching the youngest cheeks.

“What is it with noonas loving our maknae…?” Seulong said wondering and everybody laughed.

“Moreover, how are you guys?” she said and looked at Kwon “Yah, Kwon-ah you are exceptionally in a good mood today.”

“Of course, why wouldn’t he be? His life has been wonderful lately, firstly you being here again, and most importantly he being happily in lo---“ Seulong said before he was interrupted by Kwon.

Kwon stopped Seulong by putting his hand over his mouth. Sometimes, Seulong-hyung is such a blabbermouth, he thought embarrassed.

Hmmm… you are quite weird Jo-balaeng, she thought smiling mischievously.

“It’s nothing!!!” Kwon said, embarrassed.

“Whatever Kwon-ah…I’m going to find out soon enough.” She said as her stomach rumbled. “And because of that, all of you will treat me to dinner.” She added as she hurriedly pushed them out the door.

“Nothing’s changed Sunye…you are still so demanding…” Changmin said laughing.

“Yes, of course…” she smirked and looked at Kwon. “Don’t think that you can escape me Jo-balaeng, because you are going to tell me everything.”

Kwon gulped.

******************************

“Oppa, where are we going?” Ga-in said.

Minho dragged Ga-in to accompany him in selecting a hotel for his wedding reception.

“Come on Ga-in ah, you sort of owe it to me….” Minho said smiling.

“Owe you what?” Ga-in said irritated. She was sitting comfortably staring at her phone for some reason in BEG’s dorm when Minho dragged her. The next thing she knew she was sitting in the passenger seat of Minho’s car.

“Ga-in ah you should be thankful I got you out of your dorm, you were staring at your phone for a long time.” He said chuckling.

“Oppa~ I wasn’t staring at anything. I was just sleeping…” she said embarrassed.

Minho just looked at her, disbelieving. I know you were waiting for Kwon to call Ga-in ah, you are just stubborn to admit that you miss him. He thought smiling. He did not dare to say those things out loud since he knew her character more than anyone. She was just too stubborn.

“If you call sleeping, looking at your phone… then you have gone weird my dear dongsaeng.” He said chuckling. She just glared at him.

“Why didn’t you take the unnies instead? You really had to bother me on my rest day.” She mumbled.

He just smiled and said, “Narsha noona had a prior engagement, Miryo noona had a meeting with the producers, JeA noona was quite free in fact….”

“See? You are marrying JeA unnie’s cousin… why did you have to drag me here? She is the perfect candidate to accompany you.”

“Actually it’s JeA noona’s idea that you should be the one to accompany me. She said she had to watch a certain drama series…” she shook her head and he chuckled while adding “And she told me you need to get out of the house.”

I think the unnies wanted to get rid of me to gossip behind my back, she thought irritated.

“So, is there trouble in paradise?” he asked smiling.

Bingo. I thought so… he would ask me that sooner or later.

“There is nothing wrong.” She said looking out the window.

“I’m pretty sure you are missing a certain person who is 2 years younger than you, dances kkap and calls you ‘yeobo’” he said smiling, glancing at her.

She wanted to die with embarrassment. Damn, why do oppa have to bring him up? So what if I haven’t heard from him for weeks now.

“Oppa~ let’s get this over with, I want to go home as soon as possible.” She said, irritated.

“Whatever you wish Ga-in ah.”

Minho drove them to a 5 star hotel and restaurant called “Blue Paradise”. Ga-in was still thinking about what her oppa said. Maybe he’s right, maybe I just miss him. It’s that simple. I’ll call him later. She smiled at that thought. Minho’s loud door slam woke her up from her thoughts. She glared at her oppa who was smiling back at her.

She quickly got out of the car, still glaring at Minho who was laughing back at her.

“You are going to be so dead, oppa….” She said glaring at him but he was still laughing at her.

She walked behind him and pushed him inside. Minho was still laughing at her.

“You are so easy to tease my dear dongsaeng…” he said still laughing.

Ugh. It’s hard to be the maknae. She thought, still pushing him in.

******************************

“Where are we?” Jinwoon asked.

“Because all of you will be going to treat me to dinner, and since we haven’t talked properly since I came back; I chose a nice restaurant.” Sunye said smiling.

“More like an expensive restaurant.” Seulong mumbled and Sunye hit him. “Yah, why did you hit me? May I remind you that I’m still older than you?” he said glaring at her “You seem like a certain person I know.” He added smirking.

“Hmmm… me? Then that person might have a great personality” Sunye said smugly.

“Actually she just has a certain temper and she’s stubborn too…” Seulong said laughing.

Sunye smiled at him mischievously “is she your girlfriend?”

Seulong’s eyes widened, he looked at Kwon who was also shocked; he laughed so hard that Sunye looked at him weirdly.

“Actually she’s….” he began to say but Changmin interrupted him.

“I think we arrived. Let’s go in…” 2AM’s eldest said to lighten up the situation.

All four members plus Sunye walked into the restaurant. All of them were in awe on the lovely, sophisticated ambiance of the hotel lobby.  Kwon remembered the last time he was with Ga-in in a hotel as beautiful as this. I’ll try to take her here next time, he thought smiling.

“The restaurant is over there…” Sunye said.

“Do you have a reservation?” the head waiter said.

“Yes, it’s under the name Min Sunye, table for 5 please.” She said to the waiter then she turned back to them. “Remember, you are buying this dinner.” She said happily as she ‘skipped’ through the crowd to their table.

“You are so gonna get it.” Seulong said irritated as he followed her. The other member shrugged and just followed them both.

“Now what should we order?” Sunye said happily looking at the menu.

“Don’t order the expensive one.” Seulong mumbled.

“I want the special please!” she told the waiter.

“Sunye, that’s too expensive.” Kwon said.

“Come on Jo-balaeng… we haven’t seen each other for a long time. It’s right for you to treat me.” Sunye said smiling.

“Yah, you are too much… you never treat us.” Seulong complained and Sunye just glared at him.

“Sunye, next time please treat us for dessert.” Changmin said and she just smiled.

“Excuse me a minute, I have to go to the comfort room…” she said as she walked away and the 2AM members were busily choosing their dinner.

******************************

“Oppa~ this is so nice…” Ga-in said as they walked in the 3rd room. She walked around and looked at it.

“I think something is missing.” Minho said. “Are there any other rooms left?”

Ga-in approached Minho, “What are you talking about? This is the best one so far!”

“I really think something is missing…” he said

“It’s either you have no sense or you need to have your eyes checked.” She said.

“Actually, there is a room here that is much spacious than this. We don’t normally offer this ballroom because it is quite expensive…” the hotel coordinator said.

“Can we at least see the ballroom?” he said.

“Sure, right this way please…” the coordinator said.

They went in a room that was spacious enough to accommodate a couple of hundred people. The chandeliers were exquisite. The tables and chairs speak of sophistication. And lastly the path at the middle is perfect for a bride to walk on. Ga-in looked at the room and was astonished. This looks like a ballroom straight out of a fairy tale. She thought.

“How much is the rental fee of this ballroom for the day?” Minho asked.

“Unfortunately sir, it would be 10 million.” The coordinator said.

“10 Million??? For a ballroom?” Ga-in exclaimed. She looked around the room and sighed.

“I think I would get the last room before this after all.” Minho said.

“Great choice sir.” The coordinator said.

Minho looked at Ga-in who was still pacing around the room and occasionally sighing, he smiled. “Can we have a few minutes more in this room?” he said.

“That would be alright sir, please do come by the office after for the final arrangements.” The coordinator said smiling. “The bride would be so happy” she glanced at Ga-in and added “I wish you and your bride a prosperous marriage life.” The coordinator bowed and exits the room.

“Thanks” he said and looked at Ga-in. She was still pacing the room and looking at it dreamily.

“It would be so nice to get married in a place like this.” She said as she began walking down the aisle. Minho walked beside her and held her arm. Ga-in looked at him.

“Pretend I’m Kwon.” He said smiling. She looked at him eyes widening, then she glared at him. What is he saying? She thought, embarrassed.

“Oh come on Ga-in ah, you are so easy to read.” He said laughing. She just looked at him, her face red. He went closer and whispered. “Should I contact Kwon and ask him to start saving up?”

Ga-in just looked at him blushing. “W-what are you saying oppa??” she walked past him to the door.

“Come on Ga-in ah, I know you are thinking of it.” He said teasing her more.

“I can’t hear you…” she said as she walked towards the door.

“Remember my dear donsaeng, ignorance is not an excuse.” He said laughing as he followed her.

******************************

“This place is really awesome.” Sunye said as she went back from the comfort room. She walked past the door and absentmindedly looked through the small space between the doors.

Woah, this place is huge. She thought.

“The bride would be so happy…” the voice said. “I wish you and your bride a prosperous marriage life.” The person said and bowed to the couple.

I’m envious of the bride; she has such a nice husband. She thought. She looked again and saw the coordinator walking towards the door; she bowed the former smiled at her. Sunye tried to look again. I know this is kind of rude, but I’m really envious of the bride.

“It would be so nice to get married in a place like this” the bride said. The groom whispered at her.

“W-what are you saying oppa??” the bride said blushing.

Who is that girl? She’s too lucky. I wish I could also have a love like that. Sunye thought. She continued to glance but the bride has her back to her, she could only see the groom. Even the groom is so handsome. She thought dreamily.

“I can’t hear you…” the bride said as she walked towards the door.

Sunye squinted her eyes to glance at the bride and was shocked.

“Ga-in unnie?”

Author’s Note:

There you go.