Unexpected

Forever and Always

 

“Why are you suddenly nice to me?” Kwon said to her in confusion. They were currently having a day-off at Minho’s place. “Did I do anything wrong?”

“Are you hungry? What do you want to eat?” Ga-in said as she looked at him with her eye-smile.

He looked at her weirdly. “Last time I checked, today isn’t my birthday. Why are you so nice to me yeobo? It’s really freaking me out.”

“Why can’t I be nice without you being suspicious of me? Aish.” She said as she stomped her way to the kitchen.

“That’s the Son Ga-in I know.” He chuckled. As she was out of earshot, he looked at his Minho-hyung and asked, “Why is she acting weird today?” Minho just looked at his dongsaeng and shrugged.

******************************

“Why can’t I be nice without anyone being suspicious? Ugh.” Ga-in said. She got the pots and pans she needed and stopped and leaned at the counter remembering a certain conversation days ago.

“Unnie, guess what? I’m here at the coffee shop and guess who’s here?” Sunye said.

“Sun, I’m really not in the mood to talk today…”

“Kwon-ah is here…” she said.

Ga-in’s ears perked up at the mention of his name. “Is he alone?”

“Huh? Anyway unnie, he’s not alone. He’s with Chae Rin. You know the singer Celeste?”

A lot of scenarios flashed through her head. Is he happy with her, are they on a date; those kinds of things.

“But what is weird unnie, it seems like Kwon-ah is just listening. And I think Chae Rin is crying…”

Ga-in shook her head to take her back to reality. I shouldn’t think of those things right now. I should trust Kwon-ah.

Suddenly a pair of hands wrapped around her waist hugging her. She looked back and smiled. Kwon came in when she was not looking and hugged her from behind.

“How long have you been here? Did I tell you that I would cook something?” she said.

“Well, I saw you leaning in the counter, your thoughts seems so far away. I would see you sigh once in a while. Is there something wrong?” He said.

She broke free from his embrace and turned around to meet his eyes. “Nothing is wrong.”

“Good so I would be free to do this…” he said as he gave her a light kiss. She was shocked and her face was red. He laughed back at her.

“Yah! Get out of here…” she said as she chased him out. He was laughing the whole time.

What the hell? She thought as her hands flew to her face which was red the whole time.

“Well, what do we have here?”

Ga-in looked up and saw Seulong leaning on the doorframe grinning back at her. He saw the scene earlier and smirked. He loved teasing them but was genuinely happy for their couple and would do anything and everything to protect the happiness they share.

“What do you want now Ong?” she said as she opened the fridge. Seulong stood beside her and leaned at the counter. She took a peek at him and said, “By the way, why the hell are you here?”

“Let’s just say, I wasn’t doing anything. I’m bored.” He looked at her with mischievous eyes “What the hell was that with Kwon earlier? Go get a room.”

She looked at him her eyes widening and felt her face going red.

“See? Why are you being embarrassed?” he said teasing her.

“Yah! I hate you Ong!” she said as she hits him with ham.

“Yah, you are going to far Ga-in ah!” he said irritated.

“Well you deserve it, giant!”

“Midget!”

“Noona~~”

Both of them stopped from their bickering and looked at the person who called her, Ga-in smiled and welcomed 2AM’s maknae.

“Oh, Jinwoonie you are here too. What do you want to eat?” she said smiling.

“You’re cooking? Yea~ I want Garlic Ham noona and Kimchi Rice please….” Jinwoon said as he gave her his eye-smile. She smiled at him back.

Changmin did a double take and went in. “You’re cooking Ga-in ah? At last we will experience your cooking once again. I’m going to anticipate it.”

“Thanks oppa.” She looked at the 3 members weirdly. “Wait a minute, why are all of you here?”

“Well we didn’t want the both of you to grab all the fun. So we invited ourselves.” 2AM’s oldest told her laughing as she became red.

“Translation, we want to taste your cooking so please start right now?” Seulong said laughing.

“Yah!” she said glaring at him; when she saw that all of them were laughing heartily, she laughed at their sillyness too. It has been a while since we did gather like this in a light manner. She thought, smiling.

“What do we have here?” Kwon said as he went in the kitchen.

“Yah, Kwon-ah please let your members get out of here? They are cramping my workspace.”

“Alright. Alright. We know when we aren’t wanted.” Seulong said looking hurt.

“Let’s just wait out okay? We don’t want to irritate our cook.” Kwon said. He pushed the members out and looked back at her, winking.

Ga-in, who was embarrassed, glared at him in return.

Kwon laughed and mouthed, “I love you”

******************************

Ga-in went out and saw a ruckus. She glared at her Minho-oppa who just shook his head and obviously trying to stop himself from laughing hysterically. What have I done to deserve this? She told herself. She looked at the living room and saw the 2AM members busily playing go-stop. And behind them were, unfortunately, JeA and Narsha shouting loudly giving instructions to Seulong. Guess I better whip up another batch, Ga-in thought as she looked at the food she prepared. Jinwoon saw Ga-in trying to exit the room and he nudged Kwon.

“Yeobo~ why don’t you join us?” Kwon said. He stood up and helped her carry the food.

“But I have to cook again, I didn’t expect too many guests.” She said as she glared at her unnies who just shrugged.

“Come on In-Ah, lighten up. Aren’t you happy to see us?” JeA said as she pouted cutely at their maknae.

“And its not like we came here empty handed.” Narsha chuckled as she showed them the box of chicken the BEG unnies had.

Ga-in sighed and slumped on the sofa, obviously tired. Kwon sat beside her and put his arms around her; she leaned onto him and closed her eyes. Everyone looked at the couple. Sensing that everyone had their eyes on them, Ga-in glared at them and said “Just eat.” which made everyone laugh their hearts out. Instead of retorting back she just snuggled closer and smiled. “I wish it was always like this…”

*******************************

“Why didn’t want me to bring you home yeobo?” Kwon said, whining.

“Everyone would be suspicious okay? And besides it’s not like we’ll see each other anymore.” Ga-in said smiling. “Got to go, talk to you later.”

“Okay, take care…” he said.

Ga-in pushed the end button with a smile. Eventhough Kwonnie would sometimes be ever so childish, it’s the one of the things that I love about him.

“Unnie?”

Author’s Note:

The long awaited chapter. And I know its lame. It’s definitely lame. I apologize from the bottom of my heart. *kneels*