When the best friend meets the girl

Forever and Always

 

“Where have you been?” Seulong asked.

“Your dinner is becoming cold…” Changmin said.

Ga-in unnie is getting married? Sunye thought as she sat down. But I thought she and Kwon were like an item? Maybe everything was just for the show. But they looked so real. She glanced at Kwon who was looking at her worriedly.

“What’s the matter Sun?” Kwon asked.

“What took you so long? Did you do a dump?” Seulong said smirking, and Changmin glared at him.

“For the first time tonight, you have gone quiet noona…” Jinwoon said.

Sunye looked at them blankly and suddenly asked. “Have you heard from Ga-in unnie lately?”

“You know Ga-in ah?” Seulong said, shocked that Sunye even knew Ga-in. Everyone looked at her.

“The last time we heard of her was more than a month ago.” Changmin said breaking the silence. “Is there anything wrong?”

“Why do you know Ga-in?” Seulong suddenly asked.

“We were in a showcase together a long time ago and she was really nice. I would definitely love to have an unnie like her. She and the other BEG unnies were so kind to me. She also cooks good food.” Sunye said smiling. Kwon smiled, he was happy that his closest friend likes the girl he loves.

“Yeah, she does cook good food. She loves to spoil the maknaes.” Jinwoon said, revealing his eye smile. Kwon glared at him. “What?” 2AM’s maknae said innocently.

“She and Kwon looks good together right?” Seulong teased and the other AM members smiled.

“They do look good together. They were so real in the show.” She said.

“You watch it?” Changmin said disbelieving

“I do, sometimes I watch it online with the other members and they also feel like they are real.” She said.

Kwon smiled. I have to set a dinner with the both of them; he was glad at that thought and continued eating.

“Too bad she’s getting married.” She said sadly.

Kwon choked at his food, the rest of the AM members looked at Sunye their eyes wide.

“W-what did you say?” Changmin said not believing what he was hearing.

“I’m kinda sad she’s getting married…” she said cutting her steak. “Kwon and she looked good together. Too bad she’s getting married.”

“Married?” Kwon said disbelieving. What is she saying? And Ga-in is getting married??

“Yep, she is getting married.”

“Wait a minute, you just got back home. How in the world would you say that she is getting married?” Seulong asked.

“I’m confused.” Jinwoon said.

“I saw her earlier.” Sunye said. “Don’t you all believe me?” she looked at them.

“I don’t believe you…” Kwon said.

“But she was here. That was the reason I came back late from the comfort room. I saw this amazing ballroom, I even thought that the people who would get married there would be so lucky. I saw this couple who were busy talking with the coordinator.” She said.

“You were snooping around?” Seulong said shocked.

“Ssh, let her finish hyung.” Jinwoon said.

Sunye glared at Seulong, “Anyway, I thought that the bride was so lucky, she was marrying the person she loves in a place so enchanting. At first I couldn’t see the face of the bride clearly; she had her back to me.” She looked at Kwon, who was obviously having a hard time letting the news sink in.

“Okay, so I was about to go when I heard the bride walking towards the door and I saw Ga-in unnie… she was blushing and she looked so happy.” She said.

“The guy, what does he look like?” Changmin asked, glancing at Kwon worriedly.

“They guy is tall and he looks cool. He is so handsome, unnie is lucky to have him. He obviously is happy with her because they were both smiling secretly. It’s like the whole world belonged to only the two of them, I was so envious; I wish I had a love like them. And I think the groom is older than her, she keeps calling him oppa.”

“I don’t believe you…” Kwon said.

“What if the time we didn’t get to see her, she got herself a groom? Maybe we would just suddenly get a hold of a wedding invitation out of the blue.” Seulong said and Kwon glared at his hyung.

“I’m so envious. I wish them happiness on their married life…” Sunye said dreamily.

“I still don’t believe you…” Kwon said blankly.

“Why don’t you believe me?” she stood up and grabbed Kwon’s hand. “Come, we might see them.” She added and hurriedly led Kwon out the hotel’s restaurant.

“Yah, pay for your food.” Seulong said as he followed them.

Changmin sighed and motioned the waited to come to their table. He paid for the food and followed his dongsaengs.

“Thank you for the food hyung…” Jinwoon said as Chagmin shook his head.

****************************

“Here… I saw them here.” Sunye practically dragged Seulong and Kwon at the ballroom she was talking about while the rest of the AM members were following closely behind.

Seulong looked at the surroundings and stared at it in awe “Gain does really have a good taste. It’s a chic and glamorous venue.”

“I still have a hard time believing Sun” Kwon said.

“It was true, and I wasn’t hallucinating at that state.” She said. She looked around and spotted the coordinator.

“There she is…” Sunye approached the coordinator and asked. “Excuse me; did the couple rent out the ballroom?”

“I’m sorry ma’am, but we do not divulge our clients.” Sunye looked at the coordinator.

“Just one question, is the girl with the guy earlier, Son Ga-in?” Sunye continued to ask to Kwon’s annoyance.

The coordinator just looked at them and sighed “…”

 “Just this question please and I promise to leave…” Sunye continued to say.

The coordinator looked at her and Kwon, she sighed and said “She was here a while ago but unfortunately they didn’t rent the ballroom” Sunye smiled and the coordinator bowed as she exited.

“What happened?” Seulong asked.

“Well…she was here. I told you so. She’s so lucky.” Sunye said smiling and she froze when she saw Kwon’s grim face. The rest of the AM members were shocked as well.

“Who is the groom?” Jinwoon began to break the silence.

“Let’s go, suddenly I want to go home…” Kwon said with much finality that the others followed suit. She’s getting married? What was that all about? Is she playing me?

The 2AM members and Sunye followed Kwon’s trail as they left the hotel. On the other hand Minho and Ga-in began to enter the restaurant.

“Remember oppa, you owe me. Now you have to buy me the most expensive thing on the menu.” She said smiling devilishly.

“Whatever you say my dear dongsaeng…” he said laughing at her.

******************************

“Why don’t you try to call her?” Changmin told Kwon one day, the 2AM members were enjoying a free day. 2 days has passed since Sunye told them that Ga-in is getting married. Kwon continued to stare at his phone and he looked at 2AM’s eldest. “Come on Kwon ah, I know you want to talk to her.”

Kwon sighed and began to dial. The phone rang three times, he was about to hang up when…

“Unnie, I’m coming! Hello?” she said.

“…”

“Hello?”

“Noona—-“ he said.

“K-kwon?” she said a smile in her voice. “I haven’t heard from you a long time. Why don’t you answer my calls?” she asked grumpily.

She was calling me? He thought.

“Is there anything wrong yeobo?” she said worriedly.

She’s still the same Ga-in. he thought, smiling. “Yeo---“ he began to say, he really missed her.

“Yah Ga-in ah..you have to try on the dress…” JeA called her in the background.

“Unnie I’m talking to Kwon.” She said grumpily “Aish, couldn’t it wait??”

“You have to try it on!” JeA demanded.

“I love my bridesmaid dress…” Narsha said

“Ga-in ah, come over here! It’s too bad she’s getting married before me…” JeA shouted

“Don’t be so bitter..” Miryo said laughing.

On the other line, Kwon couldn’t believe what he was hearing.

“Aish, my unnies are so demanding. Kwon ah, I have to go. Talk to you later okay? Love you.” Before he could answer, she hangs up.

Kwon stared at his phone.

“Well, did you talk to her?” Changmin said as he entered the living room.

“I don’t know anything anymore hyung.” Kwon said as he lied on the sofa, his arm over his head. Changmin just looked at him and sighed.

*****************************

Kwon seemed so distant. Was there anything wrong? Ga-in wondered as she stared at her phone.

“Yah, Ga-in ah….try on the dress.” JeA said.

Ga-in shook her head and looked at the dress. “I already tried it the last time, unnie why are you stressed?”

“I can’t believe he got two maids of honors.” Miryo said laughing. She was looking at JeA and Ga-in who was busily arguing.

“The wedding is a month away. It should be perfect.” JeA retorted.

“Why are you stressing out? Let oppa and Hye Min handle their own wedding.” Ga-in said as she walked away. She looked back and said “You are only acting like that because your younger cousin is getting married before you.” she said laughing. JeA glared at her and everyone laughed.

“Where are you going?” JeA asked irritated.

“I’m going out. Too much stress.” Ga-in said smiling and JeA just glared at her.

“This dress really suits me.” Narsha chirped as BEG’s maknae closed the door.

******************************

Why isn’t he answering? Ga-in thought. she was irritated that Kwon wasn’t answering his phone. What is his problem? Alright fine, if he’s too stubborn to answer it, then he should be the one to try to call.

Ga-in walked into a coffee shop. I need to relax a little she said smiling.

“One iced mocha please for here…” she told the cashier, smiling.

“Do you want any cake to go with that?” the cashier asked.

“One strawberry shortcake please…” the voice behind her said. Ga-in wondered and turned around.. “Nice to see you again, Ga-in unnie…”

“Sunye??” Ga-in said smiling.

******************************

“Where are you going, hyung?” Jinwoon asked.

“I need to clear head.” Kwon said.

“Is Ga-in really getting married?” Seulong asked, Changmin nudged him as Kwon glared at him. Kwon slammed the door shut.

“What is wrong with him?” Seulong asked blankly.

“Sometimes you are so insensitive…” Changmin said as he shook his head, with that the doorbell rang.

“Maybe Kwon-hyung forgot something.” Jinwoon said as he opened the door. “Hyung…”

Seulong peeked “Minho-hyung, what brings you here?”

“Hello…is everyone home?” Minho said smiling.

“Kwon went out for a bit.” Changmin said. “What brings you here hyung?”

Minho drew out an invitation. “I want to personally invite all of you to my wedding. And can I ask for a favor? Hye Min is really a fan of you guys. Could you sing at our wedding?”

Everyone looked at Minho weirdly.

******************************

Why am I so bothered? Kwon thought as he was walking in the park to clear his head. Why can’t I bring myself to ask her if it was true? He sat at the bench and looked at the sky. I’m afraid that’s why.

******************************

“So you mean to say is that you are the one who is getting married?” Seulong said as he wiped tears from his eyes.

“I’m confused. What exactly are we talking about? And why are you laughing?” Minho said. He looked at the AM boys weirdly. What is the matter with them?

“Hyung, were you at Blue Paradise recently?” Changmin asked.

Minho looked at them weirdly. “Yes I was; I was choosing the venue for the wedding reception. My friend recommended the place so I went there.”

Seulong laughed harder. “Oh, this is too good.”

“What is it that you find amusing?” Minho asked, confused.

Jinwoon stopped laughing and asked “Hyung, who was the person you’re with that night?” he began to talk like a real detective.

“You boys are so weird. Ok fine, just to fill in your impending curiosity, I was with Ga-in, she didn’t want to come at first but when she saw the ballroom….” He said.

Everyone laughed harder, especially Seulong but Minho just continued to look at them weirdly

“You boys really look like madmen. What is the matter?”

Changmin was the first to recover. “Hyung, we were there that night. You see our friend Sunye saw the both of you looking around the ballroom. Since the person you were talking to, mentioned bride and groom, she assumed that Ga-in was getting married.”

Minho looked at them wide-eyed then it was his turn to laugh loudly. When he recovered he said “Don’t tell me Kwon thought that Ga-in was getting married? Is that why he wasn’t answering her calls recently?” everyone laughed.

“This is just too good. Our Kwon is too worried that Ga-in ah fell in love with someone else.” Seulong said as he brought out his phone and tried to call Kwon. “His phone is busy.”

“Tell us more hyung…” Jinwoon said and Minho explained further.

“His phone is still busy…” Seulong said as he gave up and joined in the conversation. When he gets home, he will be so teased. He thought, amused.

*****************************

“How are you dear? When did you arrive?” Ga-in said as she sat down beside Sunye.

“I’m fine unnie. I arrived 2 weeks ago. It’s nice that we bumped to each other.” Sunye said smiling. She looked at Ga-in. “You seem in a good mood, are you happy?”

Maybe Kwon did tell her. Ga-in thought, she was aware of the close friendship Sunye and Kwon had. “I’m very happy.”

“So, when can I meet the lucky guy?” Sunye asked, smiling.

Huh? Gain thought, she was about to ask Sunye on what does she mean when she suddenly felt that she needed to go to the comfort room, she excused herself and got up.

After Ga-in got up, Sunye immediately dialed Kwon’s number.

“What is it Sun?” Kwon said.

“Yah, why are you irritated? Where are you?” Sunye asked.

“I’m at the park…” he said.

“I’m at this coffee shop, come quickly…” Sunye said.

“Why are you so demanding?” Sunye told him the coffee shop’s name “Okay, I know that shop, it’s nearby; give me 5 minutes.”

Sunye hanged up, and that moment, Ga-in walked towards her. She smiled and said to her. “Unnie, so tell me everything.”

Ga-in just looked at her, confused.

******************************

Kwon went in the coffee shop and searched for Sunye. He saw her with someone. That person has her back to him, they were both laughing at something. Sunye caught his eye while she was wiping tears from her eyes.

“Jo-balaeng, over here!” Sunye said smiling. Kwon smiled and started to walk towards them. The person she’s with turned around. Kwon’s smile faded.

Son Ga-in.

Author’s Note:

:)