Jealousy and more

Forever and Always

 

“And then hyung said that the song will be daebak.” Kwon told Ga-in one day. Both BEG and 2AM were one of the performers of a winter open concert by MBC. Kwon was currently in the BEG’s dressing room.

“….”

Kwon continued his story, “I guess the title ‘Destiny’ really suits the song. Chae rin ah really has a great voice and it compliments mine well. I’m excited for its release.”

“Right.” Ga-in said blankly and started texting. Yah, Im Seulong. Quickly, come here and help me. TT TT

“Yeobo?” Kwon said worriedly.

“Huh?” she said, looking at him.

“Is there something wrong? You seem not yourself.” He said, searching her face.

“I---“ she started to say, when her phone alerted a message from Seulong. Yah, talk to Kwon. I can’t believe you’re jealous. ^__^

She tapped in her message Just hurry!! >_<

Kwon looked at her weirdly “Yeobo? Who are you texting?”

Seulong replied You owe me one Son Ga-in!

“Yeobo?”

“…”

“Yeobo?”

“…”

“Ga-in ah!” Kwon said, irritated.

“Huh? What did you say?” Ga-in stopped texting and looked at Kwon.

“Who are you texting?” he said, still irritated.

“Nobody.” She said blankly.

Kwon looked at her irritated. Who the hell is she busily texting that she wouldn’t pay attention to me? He thought. He grabbed her phone to her protest. He looked at the screen and saw the last message on the screen.

He looked at her suspiciously. “Seulong-hyung?”

Just as she was about to protest, Seulong came in peeking from the door. “Yah, Ga-in ah come here. You left your script with me.”

Kwon looked at Seulong then at Ga-in suspiciously. She was about to stand up when he pulled her down, she glared at him as Seulong looked at them weirdly.

“Stay here, we rarely get to meet each other.” he said.

“Well?” Seulong said.

“I’ll come back okay?” she said as she stood up and followed Seulong out. Kwon looked at them with a grim look in his face.

As the door closed, the other BEG unnies who were watching the scene earlier looked at Kwon oddly.

“Yah Jo-seobang, is there anything wrong?” JeA asked.

He looked at them with a confused look. “I don’t know noona…”

“Oooh, trouble in paradise…” Narsha teased but Miryo gave her a warning look.

What did I do? Why is she treating me that way? He thought as jealousy starts to creep in.

******************************

“You owe me one Son Ga-in.” Seulong said as they walked towards 2AM’s dressing room.

Ga-in continued walking, malicious thoughts bothering her.

“Yah! Are you listening? Seriously, what is wrong with you? If I were Kwon-ah I would definitely dump you.” he said. “But I’m not love-sick Kwon…” he added silently

That snapped Ga-in into her senses. She looked at her friend worriedly and said, “Did you think I was too harsh? I didn’t mean to act that way, it’s just that…”

He looked at his friend in a weird way. “Where did that chic Ga-in go? I didn’t know you would be like this when in love.” He said, teasing her.

“…”

“And if you are asking me if you were too harsh, yes you were. That guy couldn’t think of any reason why you would treat him that way.”

“What should I do?” she said as she opened the door to 2AM’s dressing room.

“Figure it out. It’s too simple.” He said.

“Hello Ga-in ah, did you come here for a visit?” Changmin greet her as she went in. “Why the long face?”

“Oppa~” she said as she slumped herself on the sofa. I can’t believe I’m acting this way. I wasn’t like this before. Ugh.

Seulong sat beside her and patted her in sympathy. “Yah, I think you should talk to him. He would be too puzzled on why you are acting that way” he said, Ga-in looked at him and sighed.

“What happened noona?” Jinwoon asked innocently.

Ga-in just groaned and leaned on Seulong as he laughed back at her.

“Ga-in ah, why the heck did you walk out on me?” Kwon said as he abruptly opened the door. He saw her leaning onto Seulong shaking her head as Seulong was grinning back at her. Changmin and Jinwoon looked at Kwon with widened eyes as he practically dragged Ga-in out of the dressing room.

“What happened?” Changmin asked Seulong. He just looked at 2AM’s oldest and started laughing.

*****************************

“Yah, let go of me. It hurts.” She said as Kwon dragged her to the tent outside. The winter chill didn’t help much either. As soon as they walked into the tent, he let go of her a grim look on his face.

She never saw him in that state. She was almost scared to talk to him as she caressed the wrist he was holding earlier; a faint red mark could be seen.

“What is your problem?” she told him.

“What is your problem?” he asked her back.

Ga-in looked at him, bewildered. She never saw him in this state. It was not the way he was angry at her that time they had their first major fight after practicing for the gayo daejun, but it was awfully close.

“I don’t know what you’re thinking. I don’t even know why you are acting this way. Have I done something wrong to offend you?” he said right back at her.

“I don’t even know the reason why you’re acting this way. Have I done anything wrong?” he turned his back at her. “Are you breaking up with me?” he said. The last sentence was like a knife stabbing his heart.

No! She thought. She looked at his back with tears suddenly blinding her. She stared at his back for a long time.

He was waiting for the worst that would come, if this is the end let it end quickly was all he ever thought. He was anticipating her walking out on him for the second time this day when he felt her coming closer, hugging him from behind.

I won’t break up with you. I’m sorry Kwon-ah, those were the words he wanted to say to him but she got choked up. She felt tears running down her eyes. She hugged him tighter and said a muffled, “I’m sorry...”

Kwon was shocked at her gesture and removed her from him. She was anticipating this. This was for the times I ignored him and treated him coldly just because of my stupid jealousy, she thought.

He turned around and looked at her. She had her head lowered. She couldn’t let him see her in that state. He lifted her head so that she could look at him. He softened as soon as he saw her tear-stained face. She tried to look away in embarrassment but he hugged her. They stayed that way for a long time.

“I love you so much Kwon-ah, I didn’t know how it became like this, so please don’t think I would break up with---“ she said but he stopped her as he kissed her aburuptly.

She was shocked at first with his sudden gesture but she gave in, all her insecurities faded away with that kiss. Moments later, he pulled away from her and smiled.

He wiped the lone tear that escaped. “You scared me yeobo~ I thought you wanted to get rid of me.”

She put her arms around his neck and pulled him closer, her forehead leaning on his. “Don’t ever think of that because I won’t let you get rid of me, whether you like it or not.” She said.

He chuckled, “That’s what I wanted to say to you…”

“How did we become this way Kwon-ah? I’m too scared.” She said worriedly.

“Just remember how much I love you; you don’t need to be scared.” He said. He moved closer to kiss her the second time that day.

“Oops~~ omo….unnie????”

Ga-in looked from behind and saw Celeste to her dismay. Great the person I’m not prepared to see. She put on her best smile and Kwon looked at her weirdly.

“Unnie~” Chae Rin approached a nervous Ga-in. “I’m such a fan of BEG. It’s such an honor to meet you…” she looked at Ga-in then at Kwon, then back to Ga-in again. “Are the two of you…”

“No!” she said abruptly, embarrassed. Then she added, “Hello Chae Rin, nice to meet you, I’ve been hearing so much about you from Kwon-ah.” she said chicly.

Huh? Kwon wondered.

“Omo~ if I had known that I would meet you here right now, if only I had a pen….” She started searching her pockets.

Ga-in shook her head. This kid is weird, she thought. She looked back at Kwon who was giving her a questioning look.

“I’ll see you later.” She whispered. She took his hand and squeezed it as he smiled back at her warmly.

Before Kwon could react, she smiled at Chae Rin and walked away. All Ga-in could hear is the latter’s chime of “I can’t believe I saw unnie today.”

*****************************

Silly, silly me. Ga-in thought as she walked back to BEG’s dressing room. I can’t believe I’m capable of this kind of jealousy. Being in a relationship is kind of scary.

“A penny for your thoughts?”

I can’t believe that I was jealous. Maybe this is for the times that I laughed at how jealous Kwon gets when we were filming WGM. So this is what it feels like. She thought, and I can’t believe that I was having fun back then. This isn’t fun at all.

A loud thump was heard as a large hand stopped Ga-in from walking by almost knocking off the wall and she was startled. She looked at the person in front of her, shocked but suddenly she glared at him.

“What is your problem, Im Seulong?” she shook her head.

Seulong just smirked at her and asked “So, what was Kwon’s reaction when you finally admitted that you were jealous of his duet?”

She just looked at him and continued walking but he was fast for her. “Get out of my way.” She glared at him and muttered under her breath “Some friend you are.”

“Well?” he persisted.

“I didn’t---“

“You didn’t what?” he didn’t catch that one successfully, and then it hit him. “Omo~ you didn’t tell him you were jealous? I can’t believe this.” He stood there laughing much to her irritation.

“How should I tell him? He was puzzled as it is, I couldn’t say that ‘Hey, you know what I was acting this way for the past few days because I was jealous.’ No I couldn’t do that. He even thought that I was breaking up with him.”

Seulong looked at her weirdly then he draped an arm around her shoulder. “Son Ga-in you are such a naïve girl in love. Of course who wouldn’t think that you wanted to break up with him, after all the times you rubbed him off?”

“I know. That’s the reason why I couldn’t tell him. Are you deaf?” she glared at him.

He looked at him with that mischievious smile. “I can’t believe the chic and un-cute Son Ga-in is capable of being jealous. And I thought Kwon was the emotional one.”

Ga-in pulled down his scarf so hard Seulong bent to her in surprise. “Mention that one more time in public, and I swear I’m going to kill you and dump you off the river in this freezing weather.”

He chuckled. “Alright, alright.” She let go of his scarf and smiled to herself “I can’t believe you are a girl. You are too much brutal to be one.”

“Whatever Ong, I warned you.” She gave him one last glare and walked away satisfied. Seulong just shook his head and laughed as he followed her.

*****************************

“Oppa~ sorry if I interrupted anything.” Chae Rin said.

Kwon looked at her with a faint blush on his cheeks. It’s good she didn’t see that I almost kissed Ga-in.

“Oppa?” she asked him worriedly.

“Yes?”

“You seem out of focus… I think we need to prepare right now.” She said as she went out of the tent first, Kwon followed her lead.

“I can’t believe I saw Ga-in unnie. I’m such a big fan of the Brown Eyed Girls. The other trainees and my friends look at me weirdly when I say that. For them, they are either fans of other boy idol groups, but for me I like the BEG unnies because they are truly talented. I like their debut song ‘Come Closer’” she looked at Kwon who looked at her smiling. “Omo~ sorry oppa if I was talking too much, it’s just that I’m upset that I didn’t greet her properly.”

She’s such a fangirl, he thought. “Don’t worry there would be a lot more occassions.” He smiled at her but she was looking at something.

“Omo~ is that Ga-in unnie? Why is she with Seulong-oppa?” she asked innocently.

Kwon looked at the direction she was pointing and she was right. Seulong was teasing Ga-in, who was obviously annoyed.

Seulong chuckled. “Alright, alright.” Ga-in let go of his scarf and smiled to herself “I can’t believe you are a girl. You are too much brutal to be one.”

“Whatever Ong, I warned you.” Ga-in gave him one last glare and walked away satisfied. Seulong just shook his head and laughed as he followed her.

“Are they close?” Chae Rin asked innocently.

“Yes they are. They were friends even before we were close.” Kwon said silently. Chae Rin just looked at him.

Author’s Note:

I know, I know. What a lame ending for this chapter right? It’s sort of lame. But I have this freeze frame in mind. Ga-in walking away while Ong was following her, laughing. Far behind, Kwon looking at Ong and Ga-in while Chae Rin is looking at her oppa weirdly. >,<