Should we just stop?

Forever and Always

 

“What the--…” Ga-in exclaimed.

“…”

“Agh! Let me out of here!!!” she banged at the door. “I promise when I get out yah, Seulong-ah you are going to be dead big time.” She opened her phone. “Drats, no signal.”

She looked at the person sitting at the far end and sighed. What the--- “You know, you should be helping me.” The person just looked at her then looked away.

You are such a child! She thought. “Stop being so immature Kwon-ah and help me!” she yelled in frustration.

*****************************

It was Minho’s birthday and he personally invited the BEG and 2AM members to his home.

“Yah, Kwon ah! What do you mean you can’t come? You aren’t sick or anything right?” Seulong said.

“That’s right Kwon, hyung specifically invited all of the 2AM members to his birthday party.” Changmin said.

Hyung, hyung…they all call him older brother. What is that all about? Kwon thought, irritated.

“We know Kwon-hyung, that you and Ga-in noona aren’t talking for months now, but it should not have anything to do with us being friends with the other BEG noonas right?” Jinwoon said.

Kwon glared at him. “If you want to go, then go. Nobody is stopping you.” Kwon said trying to head back to his room.

“You are going.” Seulong said but Kwon just ignored him. Changmin grabbed his arm and led him to the door which made everyone surprised because normally he is composed.

“Changmin-hyung, I don’t want to go…” Kwon said.

“Stop whining…” Changmin said, “You may be 2AM’s leader and I respect you for that, but I’m still older than you…” he said with finality in his voice. Seulong and Jinwoon followed behind 2AM’s oldest.

----------

“Unnie~~ I’m tired. Can’t I just stay home?” Ga-in told JeA giving her the puppy dog look.

“Oh, come on Ga-in ah…you are not really tired. How about Minho? It’s his birthday.” JeA pointed out.

“Yeah, you’re not coming? Even it was for me?” Minho said.

“Oppa~~” Ga-in said.

“Yah! Ga-in ah, stop laying around and let’s go!” Narsha said behind Minho while Miryo smirked.

“I don’t wanna….” Ga-in said stubbornly and hid beneath the bedsheets.

“You are still so stubborn…” Minho said. He carried Ga-in onto his shoulder like a sack despite the latter’s protests. “Well, let’s go…” Everyone laughed and followed him.

----------

“Yah oppa~~~!! How dare you carry me like that? My back hurts so much…” Ga-in said as they went in the gate of his house.

“Ga-in ah, why are you yelling at me? You are still so stubborn…” Minho said laughing.

“I’m impressed Minho-ah, you have a lovely house…” Miryo said.

Everyone looked around in awe. His house was spacious, Ga-in was especially dumbstruck at the spacious garden he has.

“Oppa~” was all she had to say.

“Yeah, well I guess I got my mom’s gift of gardening…” he said chuckling.

“Hyung!”

Everyone looked and saw the 2AM members walking towards them. Behind them was Kwon who was seemed distant.

“Happy Birthday hyung!” Seulong said as he handed him the cake.

“Thanks. Let’s go to the living room…” he said and everyone followed. Kwon glanced at Ga-in and was shocked at the sweet smile she was giving Minho.

Why am I so irritated all the time? Kwon thought.

----------

“Hey what’s wrong?” Seulong said. Changmin, Jinwoon, Narsha, Miryo and JeA were all in the kitchen.

“Agh, this is making me frustrated!” Narsha exclaimed.

 Minho came in and looked at them weirdly. “What is wrong?”

“That’s what I was asking them hyung…” Seulong said puzzled.

“Look at them…aaaghhhh…. This is really making me frustrated!” JeA said. Everyone looked into the living room and saw Kwon and Ga-in sitting far away from each other as possible. Neither is looking at one another or talking to one another. Every once in a while one of them would glances at the other while they are looking away.

“They don’t talk to each other these past months, when we ask them about anything they just shrug it off. I don’t know what happened or what’s happening but let’s put an end to this.” Miryo said.

“But that would not be nice…why won’t we just let the two of them talk this through…” Jinwoon said.

“If we wait for them to talk, it would just leave us more frustrated. And it is bad to have any awkward feelings between us, just because the both of them are too stubborn.” Changmin said. Everyone looked at him and sighed.

“I have an idea…” Seulong suddenly said, Minho looked at him and smiled mysteriously.

******************************

“Stay there till the both of you figure out everything. Understand?” Seulong said as he locked the door.

Seulong and Minho tricked both Ga-in and Kwon into locking them in the guest room at the far end of the second floor.

“Yah! The both of you are making us so frustrated! How can we start the party if all we see is the awkward atmosphere between the two of you…” Narsha exclaimed.

“Unnie~~”

“Both of you should figure out what to do tonight.” Changmin said.

“Hyung~~”

“Let’s start the party!!!” JeA said.

“Unnie??? Oppa???” Ga-in said as she pressed her ear on the door but all she hear are faint footsteps. “What in the world did I do to deserve this?” Ga-in exclaimed. She looked at the person who is sitting at the far side of the room and sighed. “Yah, Kwon-ah, do something.”

Why in the world would they do this to us? Kwon thought. He looked at Ga-in banging at the door and thought Now what should I do? What should I say? She saw him looking at her so he looked away.

What the hell is the matter with you Kwon? She thought.

“Agh, they make me so infuriated!” she exclaimed. She looked at Kwon and saw him staring out the window. “Fine, if you want to continue to ignore me, then fine. No one is forcing you to talk to me.” She said and stubbornly sat on the bed.

 “I’m bored…” Ga-in said a few minutes later as she tossed the remote control at the far end of the bed. She kept changing channels and glancing at Kwon; unfortunately he wasn’t paying attention and kept on looking out the window.

She lied down on the bed, covered herself with the comforter and turned to the opposite side. Fine, be stubborn. She thought as she slowly gave in to sleep.

******************************

Ga-in squinted her eyes and tried to remember where she was. She looked out the window and saw that it was dark, and then she remembered. Wait till I get my hands on you Seulong, you’re going to be dead once I get out of here, she thought. Only the light of the bedside lamp beside her could be seen, she looked around and felt someone watching her as she sat upright.

Kwon was watching her sleep from afar. He wanted to talk to her since the time he saw her but his stubbornness got the better of him. I wish I had the courage, he thought. He saw her stir from her sleep and chuckled. She sat upright and looked as she was checking her surroundings until she finally saw him. Their eyes met, and then she looked away. This is the result of the way you’ve been treating her for the past months, he thought reprimanding himself.

Why is he staring at me like that? She thought as she looked away. For some reason, the way he was staring at her made her uneasy. He was sitting at the far end of the room, looking at her. She lied down again and covered herself up with the bed’s comforter. She took a peak at him and he was still staring at her then he sighed.

“Yah, Kwon-ah! What is the matter with you?” she said as she sat upright.

“…”

“If I did something wrong, tell me.”

“…”

“You know you act like a girl, it’s not like I did something to offend you to ignore me these past months! You act like I committed the biggest crime of the century!!”

“Noona---“he said, sighed and looked away. I wish I had more confidence like your oppa. He thought bitterly.

“Fine, if that’s what you want then fine!! Don’t talk to me for all I care!” she lied down again covering herself with the bed’s comforter. She took a short peek at him and said “I hate you...” and covered herself once again.

Kwon looked at her astonished. He didn’t know that he was that insensitive. He realized that what he had been doing is confusing to Ga-in, who in return didn’t do anything. Then why the hell do I ignore and brush her off whenever I see them with her ‘oppa’? He thought then it hit him. He realized something which he has been concealing for the past months. He was jealous. He was jealous because he likes her. Heck, maybe he even loves her.

He shook his head and chuckled at his stubbornness. He looked at her trembling with anger, face still hidden under the bed’s comforter. Well it’s now or never, he thought.

She felt someone sit beside her. She hid herself deeper in the sheets. Now what does he want?  She thought.

“Noona…”

“…”

“Noona~”

“…”

“Noona!”

Sheesh, she thought.

“GAIN-AH!”

What the— she sat upright so fast, someone would say she pulled a nerve. “What the hell is that all about?” she said.

“I was calling you and you were not answering…” he said.

“And why should I answer? Now do you know the feeling of being ignored? A taste of your own medicine perhaps?”

“You weren’t answering!”

 “And who the hell gave the right to talk to me informally, if you should know, I’m still older than you, so a little respect?’

“You weren’t answering!”

“Why are you shouting???” she exclaimed.

“You weren’t answering!!!” he exclaimed.

Little did they know, Jinwoon heard them arguing as he was walking past the room where they were locked in.

What is wrong with them? Jinwoon thought.

 

Author’s note:

I missed Kwonnie’s take on Ga-in’s attitude on not answering. The way he repeats everything she says. Annoying, but genius. That way she talked to him more.OHOHOHO~