I would've understood

Forever and Always

 

“Is he still sulking?” Seulong said one day as they rested in their dorm.

“I bet he still is…” Changmin said.

“Hyung~ your phone is ringing…” Jinwoon said as he knocked on his door but didn’t hear any answer. Seulong grabbed the phone, looked at the caller id and sighed.

“Yah! Look what you did. Don’t announce it on national television without us knowing it.”

“Im Seulong, just give the phone to Kwon.” Ga-in said on the other line.

“He still doesn’t want to talk about it…” Seulong said hoping to about it.

To his surprise, Ga-in sighed. “I guess I’ll let him cool first. Please tell him to call me if he wants to talk now.” She said as she hung up.

To Seulong’s irritation, he knocked hardly on Kwon’s bedroom door. “Yah! Its been 3 days already, talk to Ga-in she’s been calling nonstop.”

“Give him a break Seulong…” Changmin said.

*****************************

How could she not tell me? was all that Kwon would ever think about these past days. He knows that sulking wasn’t being mature about everything, that this was part of their job and would be great exposure for the group. But he couldn’t help on thinking how much he would miss her, especially that she would be gone for the longest time. He can’t help himself to be selfish this time. He loved her too much.

“Yah! Its been 3 days already, talk to Ga-in she’s been calling nonstop”, Seulong shouted from the other side of the door.

Just this time, let me be selfish. He thought as he succumbed to the serenity his bed gave him.

******************************

Why isn’t he still picking up? Ga-in thought to herself. She tried calling him the whole day but to no avail.

“Aish…” she said giving up as she tossed her phone on the sofa.

“Still no answer?” JeA said worriedly at her dongsaeng, by how she looked she was unsuccessful. The BEG leader could only comfort their maknae.

“You know Ga-in ah, you have to admit that it is partly your fault.” Narsha pointed at that made the BEG leader glare at her. “What?” she retaliates, “What I mean is, if she told him personally, it wouldn’t be a shock to him. Imagine him knowing like the rest of the fans”

“Stop it Narsha, she is depressed as it is.” JeA said sighing.

“I know that unnie, but I was too scared to tell him…he was exhausted all the time, I didn’t know how to start it.” Ga-in said, tears b.

“You have to leave him alone for a while, but remember Ga-in ah if you do not sort this out immediately…” Narsha said.

“Will he break up with me?”  BEG’s maknae asked.

“What are you, kids?” Narsha said which earned her another glare from their leader.

“What Narsha wants to say is, you have to leave him alone in the meantime but you have to remember that we have to prepare and leave soon. Of course he wouldn’t break up with you. You have to understand him, he was hurt” JeA said.

“That’s what I wanted to say…” Narsha pointed out and Ga-in just shook her head.

*****************************

The 2AM members were looking at their depressed leader. They were about to record a song for their new album but it seems like he wasn’t in the mood.

“Is there something wrong Kwon-ah? You aren’t like that, okay take five every body…” JYP told the other members.

Kwon just stayed in the booth lost in thoughts that JYP called out to him. “Kwon-ah, we need to talk”

Sensing that worry in JYP, he finally went out “Hyung I’m sorry if I messed up the recording, it won’t happen again…”

“Is there something wrong Kwon-ah? You are out of it these past few days…” JYP asked worriedly “I know that you wouldn’t do this without any reason, you are one of the most responsible artists I know”

“It’s just something on my mind; I promise that it won’t happen again…”

“Don’t promise because I know you will still think of it. Is this about Ga-in touring with her group overseas?” JYP asked.

Kwon looked at him abrubtly and asked “Did the members tell you?” he knows that he promised his hyung he would take care of his career in turn of his blessing on their relationship.

“Kwon-ah, I didn’t ask you to reprimand you. I know how much both of you love each other and everyone has seen it. It doesn’t matter who told me or how I knew, I just do.” His hyung pointed out.

“Hyung, am I too selfish if I didn’t initially understand her?” Kwon asked.

“I know that you’re hurt Kwon-ah and that is the initial reaction, but haven’t you realized how hard it was for her to tell you about this. Maybe she attempted to, I’m not saying I’m on your side or hers, but to make this relationship work…you both need to understand each other’s careers.”

“I don’t know how to approach her now, since I’ve been brushing her off recently…” Kwon said sighing.

“You know how to, you are just scared…just do it. Talk to her soon before she goes. She needs to be reassured since you will not see each other for the longest time.” His hyung said.

“Thank you hyung…”

“And besides, I like Ga-in too much as a sister-in-law and you better get your act together and finish the song today or else…” JYP said as he reverted back to his CEO mode which made the 2AM leader laugh.

******************************

“Still nothing?” Miryo asked their maknae. Ga-in just looked at her and shook her head.

Nothing. Its been almost a week and their bound to start their tour in two days time. Still nothing from Kwon. Is this the end? She shook her head to remove those thoughts. After all we’ve been through, this isn’t the end.

“Just call him again…” Narsha chipped in.

With a sigh, she tried one more time.

******************************

“Stop sulking Kwon…” Seulong told their leader irritated.

“And stop pacing hyung, you are making me dizzy…if you wanna call noona~ do it soon. They will go in a few days time.” Jinwoon added.

Ring…

Kwon looked at the called id and hesistated a bit. He badly wanted to talk to her but somehow was still a bit sulky.

“Oh, give me that…” Seulong said as he got his leader’s phone from him pushed the answer button and put it in Kwon’s ear. Just talk to her, he mouthed as he went back watching TV.

“Kwon-ah~ you don’t have to say anything just listen, okay?” Ga-in said tears evident in her voice which made Kwon want to be with her so badly. “I know I made a mistake and I know that you are angry right now, but I want you to know that I want to fix this so badly. Our relationship is one of those rare things I treasure very much and I don’t want to leave with us in this situation. I know you are hurting and I am too but you have to understand that I didn’t want to do this intentionally.” She paused while she masked her quivering voice. “I want to fix this more than anything else in the world, and if you want it too…meet me at the BEG studio…I’ll be there till midnight. Just remember that I love you so much.”

“Noona~” Kwon said but she hung up.

The 2AM members looked at their leader expectantly but he just stood there frozen with his phone still in his ear. And just that he dashed off getting his car keys.

“Finally…” Seulong said as he smirked to himself.

****************************

11:45 PM

Ga-in was waiting for Kwon ever since she made the call and she was losing hope. She gave him till 12 MN but she knew that she wanted to wait longer. Looking at the clock was like looking at her life line.

She was about to give up when she heard a click. The door opened slowly revealing the anxious Kwon. She sighed in relief and just stood there staring at him as he closed the door. He sat down and she also did at the far end of the couch.

“Kwon…”

“Noona…” they both said at the same time.

“I want to apologize first Kwon-ah before we say anything that we might regret. I know that me not telling you beforehand was a fault at my part but can you blame me? With you being exhausted at work, how can I add something like this?” Ga-in looked at him, eyes pleading.

“Noona~”

“What I want to say is, I don’t want to leave with this burden in my heart. If you think that it is best we try to concentrate on our careers first  and if you think that it is best that we should not continue with…” she was about to finish but Kwon hugged her.

“Don’t say anything else noona, don’t say that…don’t even think about it. I know that it was a bit selfish in my part not to listen to reason…” he said.

“No, not selfish…” she said as she buried her face in his chest.

“Let me finish Ga-in ah…I know that it seemed a bit selfish in my part, but that was just my initial reaction. I got hurt that you didn’t tell me beforehand. And it seemed that I knew it the same time as everyone knew about it. What was I supposed to feel? I was supposed to be someone close to you…” he said.

“Yeobo~”

“But now I know, this is something your group has been waiting, that you deserve everything you are reaping right now and as a leader, my instinct tells me that I should understand the situation.” He said as he looked at her lovingly “I love you yeobo~ and you know that I will always support you. After all, I’m your number one fan”

Ga-in hugged Kwon, thankful that he understands and she is too lucky to have someone like him. “I’m sorry for these past few days Kwon…”

“No more apologies noona, we wasted too much time because of that. When are you going?” Kwon asked.

“In two days time…” she said. She was happy that the worst is over. She is now contented in his arms.

“So that means we have to make fullest of what we have. So don’t miss me too much okay? And no good looking men Son Ga-in…” he said glaring at her.

She chuckled at his jealous nature and she loved him for that. “Well~ I don’t know about that” she said teasing him which resulted to him pouting at her that she laughed. “How about you, no flirting okay? I’ll have Ong give me a report on everything.”

“Now, who’s the jealous one?” he said smirking.

“Shut up…” she said blushing as she buried herself in his chest.

“So it means we need to spend those two days together yeobo~ where should we start?” he said eyes gleaming.

“Let’s just stay like this a little while longer~” she says holding him closer.

Author’s Note:

I know…I know...this chapter seems a little darker that the rest, but isn’t the ending a redemption? LOL~