Destiny

Forever and Always

 

“ ‘Destiny’ has been an all-kill in the charts for over a month. This phenomenal hit is a duet created by Hitman Bang to blend two beautiful voices together. The song’s story is about a love that surpassed hardships, a lost love and a love found again. Kwon and Celeste seem to quite live and breathe the song’s characters. A captivating chemistry can be seen between the two, makes the netizens think if there is something going on…”

JeA turned the television off. She looked at Ga-in worriedly who was, for some reason munching happily on her breakfast. She would often glance at the television and smile. BEG’s leader could see her through peripheral vision. Why is she this calm? The last time there was news about this duet she was cold towards Kwon. Weird. She thought. She got up and looked at her maknae who was calmly sitting and occasionally glancing at her phone. She’s kind of weird today, she thought as she was making her way to the kitchen to get something to eat.

Miryo glanced at Ga-in and turned to listen at her iPod. She swayed her head back and forth as she closed her eyes. The song really did feel like the singers are madly in love. Where did those feelings come from? She thought. She wasn’t an expert ballad singer but she knows and feels if the songs are sung from the heart.  This is for working with 3 ballad singers for years, she thought as she glanced once again at their maknae.

No one seemed to dare and ask Ga-in what she thought about the song. They all knew what happened last time. It was obvious that everyone in the room wanted to talk to her. JeA, on her way to the kitchen, slowly passed by their maknae while glancing at her; Ga-in looked at her unnie and smiled. Miryo stole glances from her as she continued to listen to the song and sighed.

“Yah, Ga-in ah! Have you seen this news?” Narsha said as she came rushing by their maknae.

Narsha sat down beside her and placed the paper in front of her. Jea looked at what Narsha has been pointing and sighed. How come you could be insensitive, Hyo Jin? She thought as she was looking at Narsha. The latter just looked at her and rolled her eyes. What do you mean? It’s not like you and Mi Hye aren’t curious about last time’s drama? She thought.  Narsha looked at Miryo who was looking at them with questioning eyes. What? Why are you looking at me? Miryo thought.

“Are you guys having your telepathic conversations again?” Ga-in said blankly as she continued to munch down her breakfast. All three unnies looked at her, shocked. “Come on unnie, you don’t have to gossip behind my back.”

Miryo, Narsha and JeA all gathered around their maknae. Narsha being the bolder one from the three slid the paper in front of Ga-in. The latter looked at it and laughed. The unnies looked at her in awe.

Jo Kwon and Celeste’s “Destiny”, Netizens wonder if there is something more.

Ga-in looked at her unnies with amusement. “Well? What do you all want to know?”

“Ga-in ah, remember 2 months ago last winter? It seemed like you and Kwon had problems because of the duet song. Were you jealous?”

Miryo nudged Narsha for being somewhat insensitive. The latter looked at her with widened eyes while JeA waited expectantly for their maknae’s answer.

“Unnie that was over 2 months ago, what do you want to know now?” she calmly said and looked at her unnies.

“It seemed like there was something wrong last time. Why don’t you tell us?” JeA said.

Ga-in shook her head. After the drama 2 months ago, her unnies never once asked about it and she was grateful for that. Seulong was the only one who knew the real reason why she was giving Kwon the cold shoulder. The weird thing was, her unnies would often flinch whenever the song is being played or the there were articles about the song.

I thought I never gonna fall in love...But I’m in love ‘cause I wanna love you baby…

“Hey that’s my song!” Narsha exclaimed and looked at their maknae lovingly.

Ga-in looked at her unnie and shook her head, smiling. She then turned to her caller id and smiled; just the person I wanted to hear from, she thought. She got up and and went to answer the call.

The unnies that were left behind gave each other a confused look. Narsha took the paper and was about to bug BEG’s maknae about it when Miryo stopped her. The former glared at her, What is it now? She thought. Miryo looked over at Ga-in id she was out of earshot. Sensing that their maknae would hear them, she just looked at Narsha. Hyo Jin, please leave her alone. If she wants to tell us, she will, she thought. Narsha stuck out her tongue Which Hyo Jin are you referring to? There are two of us here Mi Hye and besides it’s not like you aren’t curious. Narsha looked at Miryo in triumph while the latter sighed in defeat. The important thing now is she’s happy ok? Jea thought. Narsha looked at her disbelieving, Yeah right Hyo Jin, you aren’t curious. She thought sarcastically.

“Oh come on unnie!! Just stop with your telephatic conversations! It really gives me the shivers.” Ga-in said as she glanced back and shook her head, she then entered her room.

Narsha looked back at the other two as soon as their maknae was out of earshot; she said “I can’t believe she knows us too well.”

“I can still hear you!” Ga-in said for the last time as she sat her room leaving her unnies in awe.

***************************

“What was that all about yeobo?” Kwon said. 2AM was busy with their respective solo ventures especially on variety and drama. Kwon was presently promoting the hit duet ‘Destiny’ and was proud of the fact that everyone gave them a positive response.

“Ugh. Don’t remind me. Sometimes my unnies are such nosy children, remind me who the youngest one here is?” Ga-in said in defeat.

Kwon chuckled.

“How is your schedule today, yeobo?” she asked.

“It was tiring but fun.” He said. “I just wished we were still filming WGM. I miss the days where after a long day I would see you even if it is in a ‘virtual reality’ world.”

“Well we aren’t ‘virtual reality’ anymore right?” she said softly.

Kwon smiled and she was right. What they have now is much lovelier than being in a ‘virtual reality’ but it seems like they have seen more of each other when they weren’t officially together.

“Kwon ah?”

I just wish that she was in my arms right now, he thought. When she’s near, all the hardwork and stress for that day would instantly melt away with her smile. Yes, Son Ga-in you are my source of strength. He smiled at that thought.

“Kwon ah? Is something wrong? Should I just let you rest? We could talk again later.” Ga-in said worriedly.

No! “I’m sorry yeobo. I just want to hear your voice. It’s stronger than my health drink.” He said teasing her. He could feel her stammering at the other so he laughed.

“What the hell is funny?” she said, irritated.

He smiled and began to sing, sensing that he was singing the song ‘Destiny’ she sang the other part:

“You are my destiny (I am yours)

I love how our hands slip together perfectly (Perfectly together)

In my darkest days you are my strength; never do I want to loose you.

(Be by my side forever)

We experienced many hardships and now it has come to this.

I love you, can you feel that? (I really do feel your love)

Even though years past, you are still the one (my heart feels the same)

Because now and forever, you are mine. (and I am yours)

“Did you like it yeobo?” Kwon said with a smile. “This is our song”

“…”

“Are you having an anti-climatic expression again? Yeobo? Are you still there” Kwon was teasing her but to no avail. He was worried when he heard a sniff coming from the other end of the line. “Yeobo”

“Kwon-ah, what did you do to me? I’ve become so emotional lately.”

Kwon chuckled, “Oh my, the chic and cool Son Ga-in has become a cry-baby. This is a miracle.” He teased.

“Keep teasing me and I’ll hang up…” she said, embarrassed.

“You ARE amazing…” he told her.

She cleared and said, “Congratulations on the success of the song. There are rumors that there was something more between the two of you.”

He smiled. “Are you jealous?”

“Keep thinking of silly things.” She said, irritated.

“Don’t worry yeobo~ I was thinking of you whenever I sing this song.” He reassured her. “Aren’t you really jealous?” he asked, teasing her.

Before she could answer, Seulong popped in out of nowhere. “Yah Kwon-ah, where is my scarf?” he said. The older AM member looked at his dongsaeng who was busily chatting on his phone.

Kwon looked at him and said, “Hyung, don’t you remember? Jinwoonie borrowed it this morning.”

“Wait till I get my hands on that guy…” Seulong said, he looked at Kwon once again and asked, “Is that Ga-in?” Before his dongsaeng could answer, he grabbed his phone and said, “Yah Ga-in ah stop flirting with Kwonnie and get ready. There is filming today, have you forgotten?” he gave back the phone to his bewildered and irritated dongsaeng.

“Goodbye dear dongsaeng.” Seulong said, chuckling as he floated out Kwon’s room.

“Omo~ I completely forgot the time….” Ga-in said at the other line.

“Do you really have to go?” he said, displaying his aegyo completely.

“I have to, talk to you later yeobo~” she said.

“Saranghae…” he said.hhyg

“Saranghae” she said softly, but he could feel her being embarrassed.

She hung up and it left him staring at his phone. He placed his phone in his bedside table and slumped in his bed. Later this afternoon, there would be schedules for him. Not to mention being at JYP this afternoon for his latest endorsement contract signing. He looked at the ceiling and sighed. Sure, he wanted a normal relationship. Dates at the park, walking hand in hand without anyone watching and watching movies like any other normal couple. But they weren’t a normal couple. They were celebrities. They had to juggle their work and their personal life, although many would want them to date for real, even their bosses aren’t bombarding them with questions on their real status, he would still wonder the what ifs. What if we get tired with each other? What if the time we have for each other would be a mere speck in the piled-up schedules? He closed his eyes and brushed off that thought. He needed rest, he didn’t need those thoughts. He needs his energy to go through another hectic schedule. I hope I could see her soon, I miss her so much, he thought as he went into the dreamless slumber.

******************************

Ga-in ended her conversation with a smile. Sleep well yeobo and do well, she thought as she prepared for filming. She opened and her door and to surprise her unnies were standing by the door, leaning on it that as soon she opened they almost fell, Narsha in fact was the one who suffered the most.

“What are you doing? Are you eavesdropping?” BEG’s maknae said, disbelieving.

“I tried to stop them Ga-in ah but they were too curious, this kids.” Miryo said as she stood at the back covering her face in embarrassment.

“Don’t be such a hypocrite Mi Hye, you were curious too…” JeA retorted.

“Well???? We are still waiting.” Narsha asked her dongsaeng.

“Unnie, nothing is wrong okay? I have to go right now. I’m late for filming.” Ga-in hurriedly got out of the dorm leaving her unnies confused and curious.

“I told you we should’ve pressed her for an answer more.” Narsha said as she broke the silence.

JeA and Miryo looked at each other and shook their head. They both went to the table and began eating breakfast. Narsha followed them while complaining.

*****************************

“Why are you looking at me like that Ong?” Ga-in said later that day as she glared at him.

“You and Kwon are such love-sick brats” Seulong said, teasing her.

“H-how can you say that?” she stammered.

“I know that he was the one who texted you, you smiled like an idiot. Come to think of it, both of you has this idiotic smile.” He said, laughing.

Ga-in glared at Seulong and slyly glanced at Kwon’s last message: Just got up. You’re the first person I wanted to talk to. Good luck on your filming yeobo~ Fighting ^^ I’m on my way to JYP later on. I miss you and I wanna see you soon. Saranghae ^^

“See?” Seulong said as he poked his friend’s face. “That smile is what I’m talking about. What the heck did he message you?” he was about to grab her phone when she stood up.

“Just practice your lines, Im Seulong” she said irritated as she walked away from him who was laughing.

****************************

“What did you say? What did I do to offend you? Where can I see you? I need to talk to you, please don’t treat me like this…” she said her voice full of urgency. The pain in her heart was not helping. How could he do this to me? Was all she ever thought. Unexpectedly, tears were flowing down her cheeks. If this is what love is supposed to feel like, it hurts too damn much.

She sat leaned on the wall for support. “Please don’t do this. Is she the one?” she asked. “Is she the reason why you are being like this?”

“Yes, she is. I can’t do this anymore. I love her. Sorry.”

“Why did you have to do this to me? You are a coward, do you know that? I hate you.”

“That’s it, hate me. Hate me, so that you could let go.”

“I love you…” she said, pain clearly in her voice but he hung up. If this is what being broken-hearted feels like, I rather not breathe.

“Hey you!” somebody was calling her but she could not look back, she could not let them see how vulnerable she was right now.

“Why aren’t you answering us? Don’t be too high-headed missy or you’ll fall from your high horse so hard.” They said sarcastically.

She stood still her back to them as she continued to lean for support. If I turn now, they’ll see my state and continue to be rude. I can’t let them see me like this. She could hear their footsteps coming closer. She was preparing herself to run. I really can’t let them see me like this.

“Chae Rin ah?” A voice said.

She looked at her rescurer and he was taken aback at her tear-stained face. “Kwon-oppa…”

Author’s Note:

Yey~ another update. LOL~ This is the reason why I was hiding tonight. :p I used BEG’s real names, yea~~ Oh, and the exerpt of the song ‘Destiny’, LOL~ it’s fictional. I sort of “composed” the lyrics. Maybe I can become a lyricist. Yey~