Hiding behind the smile

Forever and Always

 

Brown Eyed Girls back in Korea.

After the successful tour, the Brown Eyed Girls are now back in Korea to start their activities. “They are now preparing for the next album” a representative of Nega Network announced today.

“Yah, Kwon-ah, it seems that Ga-in and the BEG noonas are back in town.” Seulong told their leader who just looked at him blankly.

“Really?” he said nonchantly.

2AM members just looked at their leader, worried.

******************************

“It’s good to be home!” Miryo told her members as they went in the Nega Network studio.

“Why don’t you call Kwon? We have a day off tomorrow; you could use that time to be alone with him.” Narsha suggested.

“We’ll cover for you” JeA said.

“I guess so….” Their maknae said as she dug her phone.

RING…

RING...

The number you dialed is out of reach.

“I guess I’ll call later…”

********************************

“Thanks for the hard work guys.” Kwon said that night.

“Do you have any plans tomorrow Kwon-ah?” Seulong teasingly asked their leader while he Kwon just looked at him confused.

“I guess I’ll stay at home. I’m too exhausted this week” Kwon told his hyung.

“But didn’t you know that Ga----“ Ong was about to tell his dongsaeng when Changmin stopped him and gave him the look.

“You should just rest Kwon-ah, we have the day off tomorrow”

******************************

RING

“Why hello Ga-in ah, I missed you!” Seulong said as he answered Kwon’s phone.

“Shut it Ong Ong, where is Kwon?” she asked.

“Mind you that I was your friend first?” Seulong said teasing her. “Anyway Kwon is resting right now. But if you want I could wake him up.”

“Not now Ong, anyway I’ll call later.” She said as she hung up.

Well that was weird, was all Seulong could ever think about.

******************************

“Have you seen this photoshoot Ga-in ah?” Narsha said one day as she was browsing the internet.

“Uhn” was all Ga-in could say as she sank deeper into the couch.

“I knew Kwonnie had a nice body but this is WOW~” Narsha took a peek at her dongsaeng who didn’t move at all. She sighed and scrolled down further. “OH MY GOD~”

That jerked Ga-in awake “What happened unnie?”

All Narsha could do was let Ga-in see the picture that made her heart faint a little bit. Confused, Ga-in approached her unnie and looked at the screen. True enough, it could faint one’s heart. Not only Kwon is almost on the bed, he was with Chae Rin in the shoot. They were both lying and making sultry faces at the camera.

Narsha could only look and find reactions from her dongsaeng but it seemed like she was apathetic on the whole thing.

Ga-in went back to the couch, grabbed the remote control and started flipping channels. Well, that wasn’t the reaction I expected, thought Narsha. “Yah, Ga-in ah~ aren’t you at least a bit jealous?”

“You know unnie that is for work so I understand it. One way or another it’s not like I haven’t done pictorials like that before” Ga-in said nonchantly.

“But all the time, Kwon was jealous…” her unnie pointed out.

“Yeah…well…whatever.” BEG’s maknae said that her unnie threw a pillow at her.

*******************************

“What the hell is this all about Jo Kwon?” Sunye said while she entered the studio slamming the picture at Kwon’s desk.

“I guess we’ll come back Kwon-ah” Changmin said while pushing the protesting Jinwoon and Seulong out the studio

“But we want to watch this…” Jinwoon said as Changmin shook his head and closed the door of the studio. No one should ever cross the path of a fuming Sunye, everyone in JYP knows this. She is one of the patient leaders they have and when she is angry, she is definitely angry.

Jo Kwon looked at the picture his best friend Sunye slammed into his desk and sighed. “It was just for work Sun, no need to get worked up about it.” He said as he rearranged the files. “And besides don’t act like a jealous girlfriend”

Sunye reddened at his statement and slammed her palm on his desk to get his attention. “Come on Jo Kwon there is something wrong with you. You don’t accept photoshoots like this since our debut and this kind of concept with Chae Rin no less! What is going on?”

“It’s just for work Sun...You could understand that right? I don’t even know why I’m explaining to you” he said sighing.

Sunye, defeated sat at the couch, “Does unnie know about this?” she said searching for a reaction from her dearest friend but she got nothing.

“I don’t know…I haven’t talked to her these past few days…”

“Don’t you know that she’s back at Korea? What’s the matter with you?”

“Oppa, we need to talk about the CF.” Rin said as she opened the door. “Oh Sunye-sunbae you are there…”

Sunye just looked at Chae Rin and shrugged.

“Anyway, we need to go to the meeting to discuss the concept.” She said as she closed the door.

Kwon was about the turn the knob when Sunye touched his arm “I don’t know what’s going on Kwon-ah but I know you since way before and I know there’s something wrong.”

Kwon just looked at his best friend of years and closed the door behind him.

*******************************

“And a CF no less!”  Narsha told everyone at their Mnet waiting room. “Look at this…” she flipped the channel to an intimate beer CF between Kwon and Chae Rin.

“They look pretty intimate and in love…” Miryo said that BEG’s leader nudged her while she pointed at their maknae who was busily eating.

“You know Ga-in ah, you don’t have to watch this…” JeA said concerned.

“I already did unnie…” Ga-in said blankly.

“And???” the BEG unnies waited in anticipation but Ga-in just looked at them and shrugged.

“Unnie~~” Sunye said as she barged in the BEG waiting room.

“I didn’t know you had a schedule here Sun.” Ga-in said smiling.

“Well, the wondergirls were invited to….” Sunye said but she caught the CF being played. “Unnie--- I---“ she said stammering.

“No need to be all fidgety Sunye, apparently Ga-in doesn’t care.” Narsha said bitterly.

“Why don’t we get our coffee Sunye?” Ga-in said dragging the confused Sunye while leaving her meddling unnies.

*******************************

“You know I saw the new CF, and I think Kwon and Rin make a good couple.” One of the network stylists told her companion.

“I think so too, do you think they are dating in real life?” the companion answered.

“I would like to doubt that very much but it seems like…” the stylist stopped looked at the blank-faced Ga-in and fuming Sunye walking by. They bowed and Ga-in just smiled at them.

“Do you think she heard?” the companion asked.

“I can’t believe they are thinking that way unnie~” Sunye told her unnnie as soon as they were out of earshot.

“It’s okay Sun…I’m just ignoring those.” She said matter of factly.

“But isn’t it your right to get angry at all those rumors? You have the right unnie, you are the girlfriend. I know that you missed each other all those time you were apart.”

“Don’t worry about it Sun…”

“What I don’t believe is Kwon! He and Rin are always together in the studio. They are calling each other. What the hell is wrong with him? He should be with you not her.”

“I appreciate your concern Sun but I understand that it is all for work…nothing more.”

******************************

“Oppa~ I’m so sorry! All those rumors about us, I don’t know what unnie will think of me now.” Rin said bowing her head.

Kwon and Rin were talking at a coffee shop in the Mnet Studio for a break. They were supposed to go next but the network had a delay of 2 hours.

“Don’t worry too much Rin…everything is for work.” Kwon said smiling. “How are you coping up these days? Smile more often”

“I’m doing okay oppa thanks to you….”

“Are you going to talk to them?” he asked curiously.

“I guess for now I’m going to concentrate in my work till I forget about everything. Till my hair and eyes turn white.” She said smiling.

Kwon looked at her and started to laugh.

“Hey isn’t that Kwon? Why is he with Rin?”

******************************

“What do you think unnie?” Sunye said smiling but was confused at Ga-in’s dazed stare. She followed her eyes and saw Kwon sitting with Rin obviously having a hearty laughter.

“I missed that smile of his…” was all Ga-in could say and Sunye could swear she almost saw her unnie teary-eyed.

A/N:

And so it begins.