Absence makes the heart grow fonder

Forever and Always

 

 

“Oh, shut it Ga-in ah…” Ong distanced the phone from his ear to not hear his friend’s nagging but to no avail.

“Ong, where is Kwon? I want to speak to him…” she asked.

“He’s busy for the photoshoot with Lizzy” he said smirking. “They look good together by the way” he said teasing his friend.

“Shut up Ong….” She said irritated.

“Jealous?” he said taking the teasing a notch higher.

“Hyung, give me the phone…” Kwon said and glared at him. “Yeobo~”

“Are you busy with the photoshoot?” she said a hint of jealousy in her voice.

“Well, they gave us a break. Don’t listen to Seulong-hyung, he is just jealous at us…” he said laughing.

“Hey!” was all Ong could say.

“So what are you doing right now?” he asked. It was almost 3 months since the BEG members started their tour that they have been calling almost everyday.

“Well, I’m going to start recording with JYP-oppa. Have you heard that we are going to do a duet?” she said, the fangirl in her excited.

“I know…” he said with a hint of bitterness in his voice. “I just wished that I was the one doing the duet with you”

“We’ll do one someday; maybe we could even do an album together. By the way JYP-oppa arrived a while ago…” she said.

 The BEG members were currently at US as a part of their tour and JYP insisted on having the song recording there.

“Ga-in ah, they are ready to record now…” the assistant told her.

“I’m sorry Kwon-ah, talk to you later? Don’t forget to eat and take care of yourself, okay?” she said.

“Yes, MOM” he said teasing her.

“Yah!”

“Ga-in ah…” the assistant said once again.

“Got to go, I miss you Kwon-ah, love you~”

“I love you too yeobo~ take care.” He said as they finished their call, counting the days when they would be together again.

****************************

“Ga-in ah its time to go to the studio, JYP-nim has already arrived.” Manager Kyun Sun told the BEG maknae as she was packing up after the dance practice.

As she arrived at the studio BEG’s maknae was greeted by a large flower bouquet and JYP’s smiling face.

“How have you been Ga-in ah?” he said with amusement then looks at the bouquet. “It came from someone in love back home”

“Kwon-ah?” she immediately said which made JYP laugh.

“Apparently I am now a delivery boy.” He chuckles which made her look at him apologetically. “He wants to give you this surprise for your birthday.”

“But my birthday is 2 weeks from now” she says.

“He said, he might be busy then so before he forgets, you get your advance birthday surprise” JYP says handing her the envelope.

As she reads the contents of the letter, tears fall.

“Well, it seems like the surprise was successful” was all that JYP could say.

******************************

She loved it

After reading the text from his hyung, Kwon’s heart did a double flip. What could be better than today?

Kwon looks outside and sees ChaeRin sitting on the steps he approaches her and as she looks up, he saw her tear-stained face.

“What’s the matter Rin-ah?” Kwon said, worried

“Have you ever loved someone so much it hurts?” she says which made Kwon seat beside her.

“I don’t understand”

“Who am I kidding; of course you are happily in love.” She says bitterly.

“Is something wrong Rin-ah?” he again asks as he lent her his shoulder while she let herself cry more.

******************************

“Are you okay now?” Kwon tell ChaeRin as he hands her coffee. She takes the coffee and nods. “Don’t lie, I know you’re not.” She looks at him and sighs. “What happened?” he says.

“Why did it hurt this much oppa?” she says tears threatening to fall “I wish I didn’t love this much”

“What happened?” Kwon asks.

She looked at him unwillingly and sighs as she starts her story

*****************************

“Unnie, what is Kwon-oppa doing there with Rin ah?” A JYP trainee askes Sunye.

She looks over at them and narrows her eyes. What the hell are they talking about?

*****************************

“I loved him but he betrayed me, with my own cousin no less! I trusted them.” ChaeRin says and Kwon could only symphatize.

“Didn’t they explain to you the situation at the time?” he asks.

“I wish they did. I wish they said it straight to my face but he was a coward. What hurts more is that I trusted them wholeheartedly without pretensions.” She says.

Kwon could only grasp Rin’s hand giving her support as she rants on.

“I’m sorry oppa for crying all this time…” Rin said as she wipes off her tears. “This is going to be the last time.”

“Don’t worry Rin-ah, you will find someone for you in the future just focus on the present and your work. This will get off your mind in no time.” Kwon said while smiling at her.

Rin looked at Kwon and blushed. “Th-thanks…oppa.”

******************************

“Ong, is Kwon there?” Ga-in asked.

“Ga-in ah, he went for rehearsals…” Seulong said to his good friend.

A/N:

How should I end this chapter? That has been on my mind the whole time.