Breaking up is hard

Forever and Always

 

“Uh.. so I guess this is goodbye then, noo—yeobo.” Kwon said sadly.

It was their last filming for WGM. They were filming at Okgedong Park, the place where they first met as “husband” and “wife”. Thinking back it was pretty ironic that they would end their “marriage” at the place where it started. Even though they were informed months before, they couldn’t help but be sad. It was the first time that Gain couldn’t say anything.

“Kwon-ah…I---“  Ga-in began to say but Kwon stopped her.

“I just wanted you to know that the time we spent was one of the happiest in my life. You showed me what it means to care for someone. You showed me a lot of things and it made me mature a lot. I wanted to say thank you. I will never forget the moments that we had together.” He told her holding back his tears.

Ga-in couldn’t speak. Looking back at the months that they have spent together, what he said was definitely true. She wouldn’t forget the moment she spent with him. If those made him mature, at the same time it made her realize the things she could do for someone. Gone is the woman who acts so chic to shelter her heart from pain. Gone is the one who isn’t showy with her feelings. What is left is a person who is ready to give her heart, only remnants of the person long before remained. She wanted to tell all of these to the man standing before her but for some odd reason she can’t say it.

Sensing that she became uneasy, “Aish, Ga-in noona, till the end you still haven’t learned the art of reacting to anything.” He shook his head and held out his hand. “So..goodbye?”

NO! I don’t want to say goodbye. I want to continue this, even though we both know this is virtual reality, I want to spend it together like this. Ga-in stared at his outstretched hand.

“Noona, if you’re not going to say anything, at least a handshake would cover up your lack of emotions” Kwon said. When is she ever going to change? I don’t know what she’s thinking.

The whole staff of WGM laughed at his remark. Ga-in looked around. She would definitely miss the “family” feeling they shared while filming, then she looked back at the man who was her “husband” for a long time. He looks so pissed, maybe partly the reason why we bicker so much is because his angry face looks so cute.

Sensing that he couldn’t get a reaction from her even if hell freezes over he started to withdraw his hand. “Aish, woman. I don’t understand you” he said as he looked her surprised to see the grin that crept to her face.

He was about to walk away when she suddenly hugged him. Startled from what she did, his face became red.

Even though I’m still learning to convey what I feel, I hope you would receive it with this hug. She pulled away from him but still with her arms wrapped around his waist. She looked into his eyes and said “Kwon-ah, no yeobo…even though this were to end like this, always remember that I will be here for you no matter what. If you need anything I will always be here.”

“Noona---“ he said. He was startled with her reaction, yes he wanted her to react and show her emotions even a tiny bit but he always is surprised whenever she does. If this is how you show emotions Ga-in ah I wouldn’t mind receiving them anytime

“No please, this is the last time. Don’t call me noona today.” She said still looking at him. “We wouldn’t know, maybe this would be the last time you would call me yeobo.” Of course, in the future you would have comfort in hearing “yeobo” from someone else.

“Yeobo, whatever happens. And even in the future we would both have someone else..” he shuddered at the thought of this, of course the possibility of them ending up with other people is severely high. He shook the thought of it. “You will always be my original yeobo. And what I said way back when we were guests at “Come to play” is true. I couldn’t bring anyone else to the places we have been together because I would only think of you”

She looked at him, tears starting to form in her eyes. “Yeobo---“ she put her hands around his neck and whispered to him. “I will miss you my husband.” With that her tears that threatened to fall that whole time failed her.

I love you. He said silently and cried with her, holding her close.

They stayed that way for quite some time.

CUT!

PD Jung felt the tears from her eyes. During the whole time she was with WGM, it was the first time she had a couple who had so much honesty. She looked at the two still wrapped in an embrace and cried for them silently.

All good things always come to an end.

She enjoyed the days when they were filming for they never cease to amaze her. Their carefree attitude makes the filming much more fun, their honesty in the backroom interviews makes her job easier. This couple had been through so much and never once did she hear them complain. She would definitely miss “her kids”. She looked around and saw that the staff was preparing for another location. She knew that even though a chapter has to end, they were reminded that there are still other couples on the show. I would definitely miss them, she thought.

“Guys we need to wrap up. Thanks for the time you spent with us.” She told the couple as she approached them.

They looked around. The couple saw that they are already wrapping up the location in preparation for another filming. And it wasn’t theirs.

Sensing that they were still wrapped in each other’s arms, they pulled away abruptly and looked at PD Jung in embarrassment. She smiled at them.

“Ehe--- we didn’t know that it was all over.” Kwon said breaking the awkward silence.

“It’s okay. It’s normal to feel sad.” PD Jung reassured them.

“We are going to miss you, unnie” Ga-in said with a smile.

PD Jung just smiled and said “Of course I’m going to miss you too. Now then, this isn’t goodbye, we might bump in each other in the future, or I might be a guest to your wedding.” She winked as she walked away leaving the couple with red faces.

“Ehehehe--- what is she saying?” Ga-in said nervously. “It’s not like she’ll be coming to our wedding.”

Kwon smiled at her, she’s too cute when she’s flustered. “Oh come on, Noona, maybe you are wishing it to happen.”

She looked at him with her usual glare. “Don’t be too sure Kwon-ah, remember we just divorced.” Divorce. The pain that stabbed while she said that was unbearable. Why are you like this Ga-in? It’s not like you were really married. Are you confusing virtual and reality? Aish.

Divorce. That word stabbed through his heart. Come on Kwon. Get a grip, it’s not like you were really a couple. It was just for the show. “So this is goodbye?”

“Why are you saying goodbye all the time? It’s not like we would not see each other again, we would always bump into each other on music stations.” She said.

“Nothing, come on Gain-noona you are ruining the mood”

“And you are too dramatic. At least we are both single again. You could go play with your Oh Bangshil.” She said playfully teasing him.

But he wasn’t pleased. Part of him wanted to scold her for thinking such things, but part of him was saying that it was true. They were not playing the “husband” and “wife” game anymore. They were now just friends.

“Kwon-ah, are you okay?” she told him, she was looking at him intently and noticed that he was spacing out.

“I’m okay.” He hugged her one more time, afraid that this would be their last. He was about to say something when her phone rang.

“It’s JeA-unnie” she said and answered the call.

“Where are you maknae? You have to get here to the showcase fast.” BEG’s leader told her. They were in the middle of their comeback and things were so busy. Their scheduled was packed.

“I’m coming. We just finished filming WGM” she said. Kwon looking at her.

“Oh, Jo-seobang is there? Can I talk to him?” she said cheerfully.

“Aish unnie. Telling me to hurry up but wanting to talk to Kwon-ah.” Ga-in put her phone in speaker phone.

“Nice to hear you are okay JeA-noona!” Kwon said cheerfully.

“Remember Kwon-ah even though you are not Ga-innie’s husband anymore, you will always be Jo Seobang to us.”

“Thanks noona.” He said looking at Ga-in.

“And Ga-in ah hurry up!” JeA said as she hung up.

“Aish unnie, you were the one who wanted to talk to Kwon-ah then you tell me to hurry up.” She said to her phone.

“Come on hurry, Ga-in noona. You might be late, and good luck on your showcase.” He said smiling at her.

“Kwon-ah..”

“Like you said, it’s not like we wouldn’t be seeing each other anymore right? See you around and take care of yourself. I will keep in touch and nag you if I have to” He said hugging her one last time.

She laughed at his remark; he’s still such a nagger. But that is what I’ll miss the most. “Me too...” She said as she hugged him back.

They both got up and went their separate ways. Sunset beaming at them, this was the beginning of the new chapter in their lives.

Author’s note:

Yes, Forever and Always is the title of my fan fic and No, it is not inspired with Taylor Swift’s song (although I love her to bits). This is my first fan fic ever, I’m used to writing short stories. Please don’t hate me if the first chapter is about the end of their couple-hood in WGM. I just wanted to create a fic that would concentrate on the “after” part. I will appreciate the comments and suggestions. And I will try my best to update this everyday. I hope you all like it. ^^