The cat's out of the bag

Forever and Always

 

“Who gave you the right to talk to me that way?”

“You weren’t answering!”

“I’m still older than you!”

“You weren’t answering!!”

“YAH!”

“You aren’t answering, you just get angry… that’s your problem, NOONA!”

*****************************

Jinwoon pressed his ear against the door. What is happening over there? Is this really bad? He asked himself and ran towards the others.

“Hyung~ Hyung!” he said to Seulong and Changmin, panting.

JeA who saw him hurrying to talk to the other 2AM members got curious. “What’s the matter maknae? You look like you saw a ghost…”

“Yeah, we just asked you to get towels and you come back looking like that.” Narsha added.

“Noona~ you see, on my way back I walked past the room where Kwon-hyung and Ga-in noona were locked in…”

“Yeah? Heard anything interesting?” Seulong asked smirking. Everyone looked at Jinwoon with curiosity.

“Well---“ he looked at everyone’s smug faces. “No…not like that!” he said shaking the thought. “They were both shouting at each other…” he said worried.

“Uh-huh… that’s normal…” Miryo said, bored. Everyone went back to what they were doing.

“No, not that talking…they were literally shouting at each other, like they were killing each other.”

“At least they are now talking; if that is normal to them, let them resolve it.” Minho said.

“But---“ Jinwoon said.

“Oh, lighten up maknae… let them resolve it themselves, if they have to shout at each other so that at least finally could finally talk…then…” Narsha said.

“Lighten up everyone; this is the reason why we locked them up, so that there wouldn’t be any party pooper around us…. Let’s forget about them and enjoy!!” Seulong said and everyone agreed.

But I’m still worried about them. Jinwoon thought.

******************************

“You’re still not talking to me…” Kwon said.

“You didn’t just raise your voice at me JO KWON!” Ga-in said angrily.

“You are still NOT talking to me…”

“Who would like to talk to you, you ignore me than you nag me???”

“I wasn’t nagging woman; I was trying to make a conversation?”

“How was that making a conversation? You were constantly saying the same thing, over and over again…” she said angrily. “Like how you used to…” she added, murmuring.

“See? That’s what your problem is; you get angry so easily that you don’t listen!”

“AAAAAGGGHHHH!” she retorts as she digs deeper and hides herself in the sheets.

“…”

“…”

Kwon sighed and sat upright, he had his head leaning back on the headboard. He glanced at Ga-in and shook his head. She was keeping still. She peeked and saw Kwon staring at her. She glared at him and turned to the other side.

“Ga-in noona…”

“…”

This is going to be a long night. He thought.

******************************

Ga-in removed the sheet covering her. I feel suffocated, she thought. She stared at the ceiling for a long time. Feels like I forgot something.

“Looks like you’re back in the land of the living…”

Ga-in was startled and looked at the direction of the voice.

Crap, I forgot I was angry. She glared at him and turned away.

“Come on, we did this already…” Kwon said, sighing.

“…”

“Why did we become like this?” he looked at her, her back still facing him. “Noona~ I’m tired. I don’t want to argue anymore…”

“…”

“Noona~” he sighed. “You know what? If this is the situation that we would be facing every day after WGM, I think it’s better to not talk anymore…” Kwon said, he prepared to stand up and get back to the place where he was last sitting before he approached her when she grabbed his arm.

He looked at her with questioning eyes. She stared at him blankly and pulled him back. He sat down beside her and waited.

“…”

“Well?” he said impatiently.

“Will you stop talking for a second?” she told him.

“If we are going to argue again noona, let’s better call this a night shall we? It’s too tiring.”

“That should be my line…” she said sighing.

“I’m too tired to argue… I waited 2 hours for you to wake up…”

“So what?” she said and did a double take. He what? “You sat there waiting for me to wake up?” she said startled.

“Of course…I wanted to talk to you, that is the reason why I sat here, but all we did was argue, I forgot my purpose just because we got caught in the heat of the moment.” He pointed out.

She looked at him and laughed. He looked at her like she was the craziest woman in the world. She continued to laugh till tears ran out from her eyes but he still looked at her weirdly.

“Oh, that was a good laugh…” she said wiping her tears.

“What in the world was that all about? I was starting to open up and be serious and you ruin it…” he said.

“I was just laughing because I realized that what we argued about is absurd.” She said. She leaned on the headboard beside him. “What happened between us?” she said looking at him.

“I don’t know…” he said

“Come on, you were the one who started it remember?” she pointed out.

“I can’t recall anything of that sort” he said pretending to not know.

“Aish, don’t be ridiculous… everything was perfect when we left Jeju.” She said. She looked at him and he was staring at her. She looked away, faint blush staining her cheeks. “But suddenly, I saw you again and you were like some stranger. You were distant. Didn’t you know how much that confuses me?”

“Noona I just---“

“What happened? Did I do something?”

“No, you didn’t do anything….”

“Then why?”

“I guess I was jealous.” He said softly.

He was jealous? Ga-in heard what he said but she wanted him to tell her out loud. “What was that?” she asked again.

“I said was jealous. Happy now?” he said pouting.

Ga-in laughed for the second time that night and Kwon just looked at her weirdly.

“Why are you laughing? I was pouring my heart out in the open and you just laugh?” he said.

“Yah, Kwon-ah, I was just cracking up because what you said was ridiculous.” She said. “Why in the world are you jealous? Are you jealous because we won a mutizen is that it? But you had 9 mutizens since your last comeback…”

“This is why it’s hard to create a conversation with you sometimes. You are so dense.” He said.

“What?” she said, she looked at him and he was still staring at her. “Don’t tell me you are…you’re jealous of oppa! That’s it isn’t it?” she said.

Finally, he thought.

“Come to think of it, you were cold to me the first time when oppa came back! Whenever we cross paths and oppa was there, you would ignore me.” She pointed out. She tried to look at him but he looked away, embarrassed. “That is so ridiculous.”

“Okay fine, I was jealous. I was jealous of the fact that he knows you better than me.”

“Of course he does, we practically grew up together.” She said.

“I was jealous because you seem to rely on him more… I’m jealous because he is older than you that is why you rely on him more.” Kwon said.

“What?”

“I’m jealous because sometimes I feel like I can’t do anything, because I’m younger than you, I feel like that’s the reason why you can’t rely on me.” He said.

“Kwon-ah…”

“There I said it, it’s kind of absurd right?” he said. “I’ve said my piece. Let’s just call this a night. See you in the morning.”

She held to his arm and looked into his eyes. “Why do you want me to rely on you?” she asked. I really want to know why Kwon-ah.

“I want you to see me as a man for a change. I don’t want you to see me as just a dongsaeng.” He said.

“Kwon-ah…”

“I like you…” he said then he continued, “I had this absurd thought that if you relied on me at least I had the assurance that you aren’t treating me just like a younger brother.” He said. He patted her hand who was still holding onto his arm and said “Let’s call this a night. I’ll see you in the morning noona.”

She held on his arm tighter and sat closer to him. She placed her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes. “Don’t call me noona…”

“What?” he said surprised.

“Just this once, please don’t call me noona...” she said.

“Then what should I call you?”

“Ga-in ah…  I like it when you called me Ga-in ah, even though we were arguing, I liked it.” She said embarrassed.

Kwon was surprised at her. She opened her heart and both of them knew that she wasn’t normally like that. He turned her till he was looking at him.

“Ga-in ah, I like you…” he said.

She smiled and leaned against him. “Don’t you know? I never considered you as just a younger brother. If I did, then I wouldn’t be able to be in a ‘marriage’ with you right?” she looked at him and smiled and it was his turn to laugh.

“Why are you laughing?”

“Nothing, it’s just that I’m not used to you acting like this.” He said.

“Get used to it…” she said smiling. He looked at her with love in his eyes and smiled.

Then he kissed her.

At last you know now how to be a man Kwon-ah. She thought as she kissed him back.

******************************

Jinwoon, who was a little tipsy, walked past the room where Kwon and Ga-in was locked up, pressed his ear on the door for the second time that night and all he heard was silence.

Well, maybe they got tired of arguing and just slept. He said as he went back down.

Jinwoon collapsed on the couch along with the other persons in the party.

The party that night ended with all of them tipsy, being unable to go home, so they decided to stay for the night.

Little did they know that amidst the night’s festivities, a couple was all snuggled up sleeping peacefully after a tiring night.

Author’s note:

And I give you all a lover’s quarrel (sort of…) nothing happened between them, or something did? OHOHOHOHO~ I promise that the next chapter would be exciting