Spontaneous Decision

Trouble in Paradise

"Huh?!" Himchan almost falls off of his bed.

Right now, I'm not sure if I should praise myself for being able to think of a lie so quickly, or just claw my eyes out.

Ugh, just think about the bike, Yejin!

Think about the bike, and how much this jerk owes you, for all of the trouble he had caused!

My fingers find themselves tightening together, and I can tell that all of the pressure with them being firmly balled into a fist is going to leave me little crescent moon shaped nail marks, in my palms. Amnesia or not, what if he sees through this white lie, because it just sounds so unbelievable?

So does that mean that I'll have to wait until he gets his memories back, to be able to bug him to death about my damaged bike?

I brace myself for what would happen next, when a pair of arms wrap themselves around me. Blinking, I look down at them, and then carefully turn my head over to my right.

Himchan's chin is resting on my shoulder, which makes my eyes almost fall out of their sockets, as I resist the urge to not puke right then and there.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" he murmurs, in such a husky voice, that it scares me.

I gently push him away from me, and then get up from my spot. "I-I thought your parents would come here and...yeah?" Clearing my throat, I then clap my hands together, and continue to speak, before he could question me about them. "But that's okay, because you can come home with me instead!"

He stares at me for a bit, before shrugging. "Okay!" he chirps.

Wow, this was easier than I thought it would be.

Himchan's eyes then slowly narrow at me again, telling me that he is suspicious, once more. "Wait a minute," he says. "How do I know that you're not taking advantage of me, for me and my good looks, huh?"

My hand meets with my forehead. "Oh geez, even with temporary memory loss, you're still as cocky as ever," I mutter to myself.

"Hey!" he yells, and then proceeds to throw a pillow at me.

The white cushion completely misses me, and I slowly shake my head at it, with a click of my tongue. "Yeah, you still fail..." I mumble, just loud enough for him to hear.

He lets out a huff. "Okay then," says Himchan, while crossing his arms. A smug look then appears on his face; "If you really are my girlfriend, then how did we meet?"

I tense up slightly, not expecting that at all.

Stupid, stupid, stupid; I knew something like this would eventually be asked!

"Um," I finally manage to find my voice again, "W-We met at a club."

Well, that was true.

He arches an eyebrow at me, looking amused. "A club, huh?"

I nod, hoping the twenty questions would stop now. "Yeah," I say.

"Then how did we get together?" he probes, which makes me want to cry.

But I stay strong, and keep on my poker-face. "You approached me, introduced yourself, and yeah," I shrug my shoulders, "We eventually decided to keep in touch."

Himchan slowly nods, taking that in. "Right...just one more question though," he carefully says.

"What is it?" I ask, slightly curious.

"Have we had ?"

"E-Excuse me?!" I splutter out, chocking on my own saliva.

He gives me a careless shrug, and then repeats his question once more, making me cringe. "Have we had ?" he casually says, but a little louder this time.

I quickly shush him, and he gives me a weird look. "Be quiet, we aren't the only ones in this room, you know!" I hiss.

Himchan chuckles at me, as a sly smile slowly forms on his face. "Judging by your reaction, I say we have," he loudly whispers. "That, or we haven't and are about to?"

I groan as he ponders about it to himself. "We...we..." I was probably going to hate myself for this, "...we have, and you're...great."

The cocky male in front of me smirks, as he his chin. "Yeah, that sounds like me, being good in bed and all," he comments. "Okay, you've got me convinced!"

Himchan happily springs out of the bed, and goes to press the buzzer, as I inwardly groan to myself.

Maybe this was a bad idea, but is it too late to back out now?

———————————————

After Himchan manages to tell his nurse about the situation, she seems very happy to see him leave with me. She wishes the two of us the best of luck with recovering his memories, just before we exit the place.

As we leave the hospital, I take a quick glance over at him, to see him happily walking next to me. He appears to be in awe with a lot of the things around him, and I was starting to wonder just how much he has forgotten. And then for some reason, Himchan begins to make his way over towards an expensive looking car, with this ogle look in his eyes.

They sparkle as he gets nearer to the vehicle, and I had to literally grab onto his arm, and yank him away, to get a move on.

"Whoa, that car is amazing," he marvels. "Whoever gets to own a car like that, is one lucky person."

Curious, I turn back to get a proper look at the it, and it makes me snort, as it reminds me of his own car. The same car that he had used to trash my bicycle and remembering that made me really angry. After a while, Himchan notices that we aren't getting into a car any time soon, and decides to ask me about it. I tell him that I don't live too far away, and that we would be taking the bus instead. He ends up repeating the word, as if it were a foreign object of some sort, with the way he sounded somewhat confused.

When we eventually arrive at the bus stop, it was just in time for us to catch our needed bus. 

A puzzled look occupies Himchan's face, as I take out my bus pass to scan it for the two of us. I then pull him into one of the empty seats, and let him have the window spot, not really trusting him on the edge to possibly run free.

Who knows where this guy could run off to? He needs to work off what he owes me, and it's final.

"This thing looks so fun!" Himchan exclaims, with bright eyes.

I give him an odd look, "What's so fun about the bus?"

He beams at me, looking like the happiest child in the world, "Just look at it!"

I don't want to continue this anymore, so as a response, I just nod at him, with a small wary smile. Maybe he actually has a very rich lifestyle, where he has actually never taken the bus before? I quickly shake that thought away. Psh, that's just ridiculous, because everyone has to take the bus at least once in their life, right? Or maybe this amnesia was just really bad, to the point where he is now the equivalent of a new born puppy. No wait, maybe I should change that to a rat. Or a bunny. Yeah, I think that suits him better, with the way his teeth look when he smiles.

"By the way," he says, with a little nudge. "What's your name? I think it's weird of me not to know the name of my own girlfriend."

"Yejin," I respond. "Seo Yejin."

Himchan nods, and then begins to test out my name, by letting it roll off of his tongue a couple of times. I watch him, as he continues to ponder about it to himself, and was starting to wonder if my name could have possibly helped trigger something.

"Seo. Ye. Jin," he softly pronounces. "Seo Yejin...I like it."

This unexpectedly makes the corner of my lips curve upwards slightly.

He then turns his attention back to me, and points to himself. "And what's my name?"

"Kim Himchan," I reply.

Himchan receits his name a few time, and then goes on to mumble to himself about the familiarity of it. "Kim Himchan and Seo Yejin," he chimes. "I think our names sound nice together."

Not knowing what else to say, I reply with just a weak nod. Himchan seems to be oblivious to my being uncomfortable, as he flashes a grin at me, just before turning to face the buildings passing by us, outside the window. I let out a small sigh, as the bus continues its drive. Taking in a complete stranger underneath my roof, because I didn't want to see him alone, and that he owes me a bike...is too much. Was this the right thing to do? I don't quite think so, and I blame myself and my bad habit of lying.

Thinking about how silly this whole plan sounded, I shake my head, with a bitter smile.

What have I gotten myself into?

All I know is that this is going to be one heck of a rollercoaster ride.