Hungry Himchan

Trouble in Paradise

After trudging up those last few steps, I can't help but let out a pained noise, as I unlock the front door.

If only the construction workers could quicken up their pace somehow, with fixing the broken elevator, so then maybe, just maybe, the entire block wouldn't be complaining so much, because I feel their pain.

Literally, I mean, I feel as though my legs are about to break off!

Entering the place, I carelessly toss my things onto the couch, but then get the shock of my life, to see a figure all sprawled out, on the other couch. Himchan is practically a starfish with how his limbs are positioned, and with the way that he's currently lying faced down, I'm starting to wonder how (or if) he was even breathing.

A mixture of panic and worry begins to pulse through me, as I frown to myself; if I managed to forget about him, then maybe this was a bad idea.

Maybe I shouldn't have helped him out, and brought him here with me.

Maybe I should have just left him there at the hospital?

Or maybe...I should have just thought things through more carefully, and not let my habit of impulse lying take over me.

Because after all, no sane person would bring a complete stranger into their home like that.

But then again, if you're the type of person to somehow always land themselves into sticky situations without giving it much thought, then I guess it's possible.

And he just looked so sad, andah, my bike!

At the thought of that, I then find my head begin to slowly clear itself from my concerns; I've stumbled into this mess on my own, and the only one who can get myself out of it, is myself.

And it's also decided that my motivation will be my bike.

Clutching onto my chest, I take in a few deep breaths, as an attempt to calm down my worried heart. I then walk over to his body, and give his arm a quick poke. "Yah," I call out, "Are you alive?"

Himchan reacts to my touch by letting out a small hum.

With no other responses after that, I shrug it off as him just sleeping, but the assumption instantly changes, when I hear him suddenly mumble out something else.

"So...hungry..." comes his slightly muffled voice.

My ears perk up at the last word, and I stop at a halt. "Wait...you haven't eaten anything...?" I slowly ask, with widen eyes.

Himchan gently shakes his blonde head, and I start to panic.

"So you haven't eaten absolutely anything, from since I left?" I question, (or more like state) with beweilderment.

Seeing Himchan move his head from side to side once more, makes me let out a gasp. "Why didn't you cook something?!" I shout, "You know how to cook, right?"

Another shake of his head is enough to make me grab a fistful of my hair. "How about pizza?" I prompt. "Why didn't you order something on the phone, or better yet, go out to find something to eat?"

"No money," was Himchan's weak response.

Is it possible to be charged for murder with this?

The thought of Himchan dying on me from starvation, sends me flying to the kitchen, where I then fling open the refrigerator’s door. My eyes scan for anything that he can eat right away, but there's nothing. I haven't cooked anything recently to be able to have leftovers of some sort, to heat it up right away. And I think that by the time I'm able to freshly make something for him, he would have probably dissolved away into a crisp.

My panicky eyes then travel towards my ramyun box, and they automatically light up; it's not much, but it'll do for now!

With a spark of hope, I hastily grab a few packets, and then quickly take out a pot, to heat up some boiling water.

Twenty minutes later, I gently bring the steaming pot out into the lounge room, and then carefully set it down onto the coffee table. I then take off my oven mitts, and then go to nudge the supposedly 'dead' male on my couch. Himchan stirs a bit, but once his nose manages to get a whiff of that noodle's aroma, he magically raises up from his spot.

Now revived, he begins to sniff the air like a dog sniffing for some evidence. "What is that delicious smell?" he demands, with bright eyes.

"I made you some ramyun," I answer, and then nod towards it.

Himchan's eyes trail over towards the pot, and seeing it, then causes him to happily bounce over to it. He gingerly lifts up the pot's lid, and upon breathing in the scent, he lets out a happy cheer.

I can't help but sit there and watch him hungrily slurp away those noodles, and seeing this, it makes me feel a little guilty.

"You know, for someone who complained about my messy apartment, you're sure a messy eater," I muse.

"Shut up, I'm hungry," he says, with his mouth full.

I roll my eyes to his rude reply, wondering why I'm even bothering to make small talk with him. And amazingly, Himchan has managed to devour the four packets, before letting out a satisfied burp.

"Excuse you," I say, with a wrinkle of my nose.

But he just ignores my comment, and then proceeds to lean his head back against the couch.

Seeing him now content, causes me to shake my head in amusement, as I pick up the ramyun pot and chopsticks, to place into the kitchen sink. This is odd, but I feel like his mother. Or sister. Or some kind of carer, but I guess it's because of his lack of manners. But then again, if I ever had a child who turned out like him, I would be wondering where I went wrong in raising them. So note to self, Yejin; if you ever have a child in the future, make sure they don't turn out to be a spoilt whiny thing.

As I'm scrubbing the pot away with my thoughts, Himchan makes his way into the kitchen, to pour himself a glass of cold water. I can feel his eyes watching me, as he drinks away, but decide to ignore it.

When I finish with the cleaning, I then turn to him, and cross my arms. "You should have called me or something," I begin, in a stern voice.

"But I don't have your number," he simply says, right after finishing his drink.

I would have continued to further scold him for being such an idiot with starving himself, but then think better of it; he's a grown man, he should know how to do things, and take care of himself, like everyone else.

Himchan then places the used glass into the sink, and I let out a grumble, as I go to give it a wash.

"So where did you get the dress, huh?" he purrs, from out of the blue.

And that's when I realise that his arms are wrapped around me, from behind.

A startled squeal comes out of me, "Dude, what the hell?!" I quickly finishing rinsing off the soap, and then hastily place the glass down onto the drying rack, to wriggle out of his grip.

Himchan chuckles, and with a cheesy beam, shows me a thumbs up. "It looks good on you, I like it," he compliments.

I give him a wary look, and then unconsciously smooth it out; "Thanks, I guess..."

But then a sly smirk makes its way onto his face, erasing his chaste grin from two seconds ago. "But you know, I think you would look better without it," he cheekily says, and with a shrug, he then casually saunters back into the lounge room.

My jaw drops open, as I continue to blink at his direction, in disbelief. I think its official; once a grease-ball, always a grease-ball. Shaking my head, I then make my way into the lounge room, in search for my sticky note pad. And once I find it, I grab the nearest pen, and then smoothly write down my phone number. I then peel the note off of the pad, and then walk over to Himchan, who appears to be uninterestingly flicking through the channels on the TV.

At the act of me placing myself down next to him, it snaps him out of his thoughts, as he then turns his head over to face me.

"What's this?" he asks, with a quick look down at the note in my hand, and then back at me.

"It's my number," I reply, and then urge him to take the note.

He accepts the piece of paper, looks at it, and then slowly folds it in half. "So...if I dial this in, then you'll be here right away?" he asks.

I give him an odd look, "Uh, yeah, I'll be on the other line, but...not exactly in front of you, if that's what you mean..."

Hearing that, Himchan then proceeds to tuck the folded pink paper into the pocket of his pants. "Well if that's the case, then I'll make sure to keep it close to me," he says, with a wink.

I blankly stare at him for a bit. "Yeah okay, I'm going to go to sleep now," I casually say, and then get up from my spot.

"Speaking of sleeping, where do I sleep?" he questions. "Do I sleep with you?"

"No, you sleep on the couch!" I quickly yell back.

"What?!" he exclaims, obviously appalled by my remark. "Honestly, what kind of girlfriend are you, to let your y boyfriend sleep on the couch like that?"

"There's no room in here right now," I retort, with furrowed eyebrows. "And if you push for it, then I will ban you from the bedroom for a very long time!"

Ha, that fib should get to him.

"Yejinnie!" snaps Himchan, which makes me slightly flinch. "Why are you so mean to Himchannie? The Himbear does not want to sleep on this uncomfortable couch!"

Let’s just say, his attempt at aegyo, has just made my hand meet with my forehead. It's not exactly 'horrible', but it really is cringe worthy. I walk over to my closet, and then pull out a few blankets, along with an extra pillow. With those now in my arms, I then head back out into the lounge room, to dump them onto the whiny blonde boy.

"Here, the Himbear can adjust with these," I say.

When Himchan manages to pop his head out from the numerous amounts of blankets, he then narrows his eyes at me. "You are such an evil woman, why the heck are we even together?" he bitterly says.

I let out a snort, "Ha, you should ask yourself that, since you were the one chasing me, and wouldn't take no for an answer."

Pouting to show his displeasure, he then grumpily lays out the blankets onto the couch, and then puffs up the pillow with a huff. "I don't want to talk to you anymore, go away," he grumpily mopes.

I can't help but laugh at his childish remark. "You know, sometimes I really wonder who's the older one here," I mumble, just loud enough for him to hear; "You, or me?"

As a response, Himchan turns off the television, and then lies down on his 'bed', pulling the covers over himself.

A victorious grin spreads across my face. "Well, Yejinnie bids Himchannie goodnight," I say, in a mocking tone.

Himchan just mutters out a, "Whatever", as I slowly make my way back into my room, biting back the giggle that's just threatening to burst out.

———————————————

A/N: Hey everyone, how are you all?! ^^

Sorry about the wait; I wanted to update when the 'One Shot' MV came out to celebrate the wonderful video, but I was too busy squealing and kind of got carried away by it, and oh my goodness, our boys are amaaaaaazing!!!! ;__;

But on another note, I really hope Himchan gets better soon. He sounds quite upset for not being able to perform with the others, and it makes me sad too, (but I'm probably just reading too much into it lolol) because I feel as though he feels that he's let us BABYs down, and is pushing himself to quickly heal his injury...if that makes sense? 

Anyway, thank you so much for subscribing, reading, and commenting, I really appreciate it! Hehe, see you all in the next chapter ^^