Getting Along

Trouble in Paradise

As I go to unlock the front door, and step inside, the effects of Yongguk’s contagious happiness, is still felt inside me.

Not that I have anything against Jieun, but Yongguk just looks a lot more happier now, and knowing this, I can’t help but join in, with the cheerful smiling, and joyous mood.

And the comfortable feeling of content in me becomes even better, when I turn around, (after taking off my shoes) to see that the house is (amazingly) nice and tidy.

Although, I’m not completely convinced (as it might be too good to be true), so I begin an inspection, starting with the coffee table. My eyes scan over the somewhat spotless place, with it only containing a tissue box, the remote controls for the television/DVD player, and a bag of chips, which is currently being snacked on, by Himchan.

“You annoying woman, can’t you see that they obviously love each other?” he growls, while giving the cushion in his hold, a light punch. “Ugh, I don’t care if he’s rich, and she’s poor; just let them be together, you stupid old hag!”

Hearing his muttering continue on makes me quietly laugh to myself, as I then silently go to check the state of the kitchen.

Everything is miraculously fine, and the same goes for the small laundry room, when I poke my head inside the place. Curious of how he handled the laundry, I then head towards the small balcony, and from where I’m standing, everything is hung up the way it should be. I then turn back to the pouty blonde on the couch, as a wave of relief washes over me.

Thank goodness he didn’t ruin the place again, because if he did, then I don’t think I would hesitate to kick him out.

With a subtle smile of appreciation, I then head into my room to grab a new change of clothes, just before heading into the bathroom for a hot shower.

———————————————

When I’m finished, I then make my way out into the living room, and with nothing else better to do, then decide to join Himchan, by plopping myself down beside him, on the sofa.

And with the way that his eyebrows are scrunched together in clear annoyance, I think he desperately wants to have a punch-on, with some of the characters in here, because of how ruffled his hair is currently looking.

Amused, I then go to reach out for a chip, to crunch into.

“Yejin-ah,” mumbles Himchan. “I don’t like that guy’s mother; make her go away, so that she can stop ruining the love that the main couple obviously have for each other. And while you’re at it, make the second guy go away too, because he’s just killing everything as well.” He then lets out an unhappy huff, while sternly crossing his arms together; “You hear that, pretty boy, she’s not supposed to be with you!”

An entertained laugh comes out of me, as I then slowly shake my head at him. “Himchan, it’s a drama,” I calmly point out. “They will have their happy ending, eventually.”

The blonde continues his sulking; “Well I demand for that to happen, right now.”

I smile a little, with a roll of my eyes. “Yeah, it’s frustrating, but then where’s all the fun in that?” I say, while gesturing my hand out. “The conflict is what makes you appreciate their relationship in the end, because you’re then able to see what he or she would do for the other, to let us know how much they care for each other. Because without that, then it would be…a little empty, don’t you think?”

Himchan makes a face, and then frowns, with a grunt. “I guess...” he eventually says, still looking not so impressed.

“And besides,” I add, while taking another chip. “It wouldn’t be a drama, without any drama, right?”

He slowly nods his head at me in a hesitant agreement, just before munching onto another crunchy crisp.

The two of us now sit there in silence, as our attention are both focused on the show in front of us.

That is, until the second male lead comes onto the screen, and I feel myself the need to voice out my thoughts on the guy. “You know, I kind of feel bad for him,” I casually announce.

Himchan turns over to me, with squinted eyes. “No, I refuse to let you sympathize with him,” he stubbornly says. “You can only be on my side, and love the main couple. They should have babies or something, because that’s how much I want them to be together.”

I give him a weird look; “You’re only on the seventh episode, and you want them to have kids, already?!”

He shrugs his shoulders at me. “What can I say, they’re just a flawless pair,” he replies, with a nonchalant shrug.

With the weird look still on my face, I don’t say anything else, and just go back to picking at the chips.

Another moment of silence passes by, until the house phone begins to ring, making me automatically get up from my spot, to go and answer it.

It turns out to be one of the hosts that I know from one of the clubs nearby, and he’s asking me if I’m interested to sing tonight. He then tells me about the mini competition that they're having, and how it would be great if I can join, with the possibility of winning some prize money. I contemplate on his offer for a bit, wondering if I have anything else to do, but when nothing comes to mind, I merrily agree. He’s happy to hear my okay, and then tells me to be there at 8:30, to which I’m fine with.

Saying our goodbyes, I then smile to myself, as a feeling of excitement begins to bubble within me.

It’s been a while since I’ve had the chance to go on a stage, so reuniting with it again, is making me fired up, with anticipation.

But my smiling soon stops, when I turn over, to see Himchan cleaning away the chip crumbs that the two of us had been making, and with the more I watch him, the more strange my chest feels, at the sight.

“Himchan,” I begin, while making my way over to him.

He looks up at me, with a blunt, “What?”

I feel a little bad for always leaving him at home alone, so…

“Do you…want to come and watch me sing?” I cautiously ask.

He blinks at me for a bit, until astonishment appears on his face. “You sing?!” he exclaims, with bewilderment.

I give him a nod. “Yeah, I do,” I answer. “That’s why I sometimes come home a little late.”

An incredulous expression then takes over his surprised one. “Wait a minute, hold up here,” says the blonde, as he signals for me to stop speaking, by holding up his palm. “So let me get this straight,” he begins. “You’re a wonderful waitress during the day, and a y singer, at night?!”

My eyebrows slowly crease together at his way of wording things; “Um…”

But Himchan immediately starts talking, before I can say anything else, to his weirdness. “Since you sing at clubs, it means that the place will be filled with attractive girls, and dayum—I am definitely going!” he happily concludes, with a sparkle in eyes his.

I flatten my eyes at him, in skepticism.

Why am I not startled, to hear something like that to come out of his mouth...?

Laughing to himself, he then begins to head over towards the bathroom, as I make my way into my bedroom.

And as soon as I hear him close the door, where the shower can then be heard turn on, I can’t help but slightly smirk to myself.

Himchan is going to be quite surprised.