Questions

Trouble in Paradise

I can't help but notice how his eyes land on Himchan's arms, which are still encircled around me.

A strange uneasy feeling begins to stir itself inside my stomach, when I see how his gaze scans over Himchan's jacket, (which is technically his) and for a split second there (I think he knows it too), as a look of curiosity flickers in his dark orbs. This makes me feel a little awkward, so I quickly nudge myself out of the embrace, and luckily, Himchan cooperates with me this time, by letting go.

Clearing my throat, I then take a step forward to the other blonde. "Uh, hey, so what brings your here?" I meekly ask, with a timid beam.

Yongguk shows me a small smile. "Oh, I just wanted to come by for a visit, but I guess you're kind of busy," he sheepishly says.

I then see how his eyes glance back over to Himchan, where he gives a polite nod of acknowledgement.

His attention then returns back to me. "Maybe next time?" he proposes.

I give him a secure nod. "Of course," I reassure. "I'll talk to you later, yeah?"

Yongguk smiles at this, and then bids us his farewell. I give him a small wave as he leaves, and when he's completely gone, a tiny sigh comes out of me, as my shoulders plummet down a little.

Why do I feel so sad all of the sudden?

I then turn over, to see Himchan's gaze still fixed on the direction of where Yongguk had just left.

"Who's that?" he finally asks.

"My friend," I answer.

"Oh," he says. “Well, tell your friend that he copied my hair colour.”

Making a face at him, I then give him a slight push; “Tsk, anyone can dye their hair blonde, okay?”

Himchan shrugs his shoulders. “That’s true,” he calmly replies, as we both begin to ascend towards the top level, of the building. “But only I can rock that colour.”

I give him a weird look, as he beams back a rather arrogant grin at me.

We soon reach the apartment, and after unlocking the door, I watch as Himchan prances into the room, as though he owns it. The act makes me shake my head, as I go to slip off my shoes besides him. Himchan then mumbles something about taking a shower, so I nod, deciding to head into the kitchen to start cooking up the rice.

And by the time the clock hits 7:30pm, I have everything set out on the small table in the lounge room.

Himchan soon makes his way over, and I frown. “Does it really take you that long to have a shower?” I question, feeling slightly annoyed; “I wanted you to help me bring out the food.”

He looks somewhat horrified that I even had to ask him this. “Obviously, I have to have my hair dried to its perfection,” he answers, with a scoff. He then perks up almost immediately. “Anyway, this looks good!” he comments, while clapping his hands together.

Untying the apron around me, I hang it back in its place, just before sitting down in front of my bowl. Himchan is already sampling every little bit he can get, and I let out a tired mental sigh, feeling too worn-out, to retaliate to his little comments about this tasting a bit bland, or how this would look better chopped like that.

But as we continue eating, the sound of his voice then switches into an unusually serious one.

“Hey...” speaks up the blonde, sounding somewhat weary. “Do you think I’ll eventually remember?”

I slowly lower down my chopsticks, and my curious gaze signals for him to continue.

“It’s just—“ He pauses for a bit, “—what if I never remember? What if I never remember who my family and friends are? How are they going to feel?” Himchan continues on, and I’m taken aback at how out of nowhere this all is. “There’s also us, and...since we’re partners, you must be really sad about this, huh?” His shoulders slump down a little, as he begins to pick at his rice, with a humourless smile. “I’m trying though, but it’s really hard, since nothing seems to be clicking to me,” he softly says. “But I do feel that I know you, so at least I’m sure that I’m not in the hands of a complete stranger, right?”

Himchan chuckles to himself at this, as I feel a guilty piercing sting, at his last sentence.

And because of this, I find myself not having much of an option, but to spin out another one of my deceitful lies, by giving him a false smile.

“You’ll be okay,” I say, trying to reassure both him and myself; “Because we’ll get through this together.”

Himchan gently nods, looking somewhat comforted. “Yeah...” he murmurs. “I really hope so.”

The sad look on his face makes me frown, feeling blue.

“But I’m kind of curious, with how you’re handling this,” he says, now sounding more light-hearted. “I mean, I would be devastated, to lose someone as handsome as myself, you know?”

I stare at him for a bit, as that gloomy feeling inside of me, instantly disappears out the window, along with my concerned thoughts for him. “Oh my goodness,” I mumble, as Himchan’s egotistical-self returns.

“Or maybe you’re not bawling your eyes out, because you feel guilty for letting this happen to me,” he muses, with a pondering expression. It then turns into an unhappy pout, as he shakes his head in a scolding manner. “Aigoo, how can Yejinnie let this happen to Himchannie?” he says, while clicking his tongue in disappointment.

“I don’t even know what happened, you did this to yourself!” I grumble. “All I got told was that you were in a boating accident, or something.”

“A boating accident?” repeats Himchan, sounding surprised. “What was I doing on a boat?”

“I don’t know, you never told me,” I answer, with an uneasy shrug of my shoulders. “Anyways, come on,” I beckon, bringing his attention back to the food in front of us. “Let’s eat, before everything gets cold.” 

We gradually go back to eating, but while Himchan is telling me about a drama he had recently watched, my mind can’t help but slip away from what he’s saying.

I need to go back to the hospital, and speak to a few of the nurses and doctors, as soon as I can.

“Yah, did you hear me?” probes Himchan, bringing me out of my thoughts.

Feeling irked by his sudden rudeness, my eyebrows crumple together to show my irritation. “Yes,” I fib, through gritted teeth. “Can you just let me eat?”

Himchan rolls his eyes, not liking my response. “You’re so boring,” he mutters.

We soon go back to eating in peace, (with Himchan sulking here and there about it being too quiet) and even though I’m still planning out what to ask the nurses and doctors without sounding too suspicious, a yelp is suddenly heard from the male in front of me.

“Ow!” cries the blonde, with a wince. My confused expression signals for him to go on. “A fish bone is stuck in my tooth, and I can’t get it out,” he gingerly explains.

I watch as his eyes slowly tear up a bit, and for a split second, it reminds me of just how vulnerable he can be, which makes me soften.

Putting down my chopsticks, I let out a sigh, and then gently motion him forward; “Come here...”

Himchan obediently leans forward, and opens his mouth for me. I tilt my head, searching for the thread-like bone, and once I find it, I pluck it out for him. He lets out a satisfied sound, but once he sees the bone, he narrows his eyes at it, and then begins to scold the piece, saying how it could have ended his precious life right then and there.

“Stupid evil bone,” he bitterly mumbles.

I shake my head at his childish behaviour. “Just be more careful next time,” I advise.

“Well this wouldn’t have happened, if someone would have de-boned the fish properly,” he criticizes, with a huff.

I fume, “How hard is it, to pick out the bones yourself?!”

But Himchan goes on to disagree with something ridiculous, and I frown. “Well I'm sorry, that my cooking isn’t like a five star restaurant,” I sneer.

“You should be,” he snootily replies.

I narrow my eyes at him. “Fine, you know what, you can cook your own damn fish next time,” I grumpily say.

Himchan tilts his chin up in a snobbish manner. “And I will!” he declares.

When the two of us return back to eating in silence once more, I can’t help but think of how my life has suddenly taken a crazy turn, ever since I met him.

One minute, he's all conceited and up-himself, and then the next, he's all cutesy, and wanting skin-ship. He's quite moody and unpredictable, so I don't really know which side of him to expect, when he goes to say something. Himchan's personality does a really good job in keeping me on my toes, since I'm now forced to think for someone else, and not just myself.

But just how much more trouble will he bring me, by staying here?

———————————————

A/N: Hello, my precious little flowers, how are you all?! ^^ I hope you've been doing well!

Remember that warning in the foreword, about me updating like a snail? Yeah, it's actually happening now, so I apologise, because my life is currently being overflown with schoolwork and such, meaning that the only days where I could probably update, range from Thursdays to Sundays .__. If there's nothing on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday, then there will be something on Sunday, because I'm going to try and make Sunday a day where I definitely have to post something, so that way, I'll be updating at least once a week, because I don't like to keep you guys waiting.

Anyways, thank you so much for taking interest in this story, and I'm so glad that you're all amused by Himchan's character, hahaha. By the way, did you guys see one of his recent tweets, some time ago? How he said something like, "To BABY, I miss you all, so that's why I'm going to have to see you. See you Sunday. I miss you. From, Sad Himchannie, whose camera can't capture his good looks"? Because the last part made me laugh so much, haha, oh this silly weirdo, and his cute weirdo-ness LOL :'D