Payback

Trouble in Paradise

Exiting the place, I calmly slip my wallet back into my bag, and then start to head over to my bike.

The store was having a special ramyun sale, so I decided to buy a few packets of that, along with some necessities, such as milk, vegetables, and snacks. My feet suddenly find themselves stopping at a halt, as my eyebrows slowly draw together with confusion. What the, what happened? The empty bike rake makes me question the disappearance of my bike; where did it go? Did someone steal it or something because I made sure to tightly chain it there, so that it was only possible to get through it, with a huge pair of pliers?

Or maybe my head was playing tricks on me, and I had actually left my bike at another bike rack...?

Scanning the area, my gaze suddenly catches sight of something in the middle of the parking lot. I squint my eyes at it to get a better look, and once the recognition sets in, my mouth drops to the ground in shock.

"What the heck?!" I can’t help but blurt that out, as I dash over to the ruined object.

Now in front of it, I was able to officially confirm that this squashed and damaged thing is indeed my bike. Bit by bit, my heart sinks, as my eyes travel over the many dents, where they then eventually land on the flattened tires. It looks as though someone had repeatedly driven over it multiple times, and I could feel a sudden fire combust inside of me. Who would do such a thing? By now, I was pretty sure I had a good idea of who the culprit could possibly be, as my ears perk up on the sound of some cackling.

I look up, and my furious eyes are met with his sinister slits.

A smirk slowly decorates his face, as I start to fume, at the sight of him and his stupid fancy car.

"I told you I would get you back," sings Himchan, in delightful tone of voice.

"Yah!" I explode, "Do you have any idea how much this bike cost me?!"

Himchan scoffs, "Well judging from the brand and the model of it, I'm assuming my jacket is worth more than that piece of junk."

Did he just— Argh, how dare he!

My eyes narrow with a fiery glare, "Don't you dare call it a piece of junk, you jerk!"

He shrugs, with a mocking grin; "Ha, as if I'm listening to you, you peasant."

I grit my teeth together, and then advance towards him. "That's it," I growl, with a firm poke at his chest. "You owe me a new bike, mister."

Hearing this, it causes Himchan to burst out laughing, and I can hear the teasing in his voice. "Sorry princess, but that's only happening, if you apologise to me," he coos.

I shoot him a look of disbelief, "Why should I apologise to you, when you're the one who did wrong?!"

Himchan narrows his eyes at me. "Are you forgetting the part where you basically swung your two tonne bag at my face?" he hisses, venom dripping from each word.

"That was because you wouldn't leave me alone!" I retort back, "And then you resorted to touching me in an inappropriate way!"

He shrugs his shoulders, "Well that wouldn't have happened, if you would have just said yes..."

I take a deep breath, and then massage the bridge of my nose, feeling absolutely overwhelmed with anger by this male. My urge to kick him to the moon is agonizing, but I know that if I do that, then I won’t be able to make him pay for my bike.

And to make this worst, he suddenly decides to get into his car, and I am at a loss of words, as he starts up the engine.

"Y-Yah!" I splutter, "Where do you think you're going? You owe me a new bike!"

Himchan gives me a sarcastic smile, as he slips on his expensive sunglasses. "Only if you beg for it," he replies, with a smirk.

Beg? Really? Is he kidding me?!

"Fat chance!" I shout out with disgust.

He then casually adjusts his rear-view mirror, just before clicking in his seatbelt. "Okay then, no bike for you," he simply says.

And with one last annoying beam, he then begins to speed off into the distance, as I yell out a string of swear words at him. His howling laughter can be heard from afar, and as a result of that, I let out a groan of frustration.

How can someone be such a jerk?!

Giving the nearest object (which happens to be my squashed bike), a kick out of annoyance, I start to slightly regret that action, as a throbbing sensation now overtakes my foot.

I can’t believe it; never before, has someone made me dislike them so much, on our first few encounters.