Day Out

Trouble in Paradise

Taking a sip of my drink, I watch as Himchan nibbles away on his piece of toast.

It's been a couple of days since he's lived here with me, and I’m still finding it a little hard to get use to the idea of someone sharing the place with me. There has been a few times, where I would wake up in the middle of the night with a jolt, whenever I heard the bathroom being used. Or like how I would have to take those risky (almost ) trips back into my room for some clothes, because I’m so use lazing around in just a towel, after my shower for a while.

But anyway, the strange part about this whole thing, is how there still hasn't been a report of a missing person, and I'm starting to grow a little more concerned.

Maybe there actually is someone looking for him, but I'm just not aware of it, because I haven't seen the notice yet?

Himchan seems to be slowly adjusting to his lifestyle with me though, but I don't know how to feel, as my lies are slipping out more easily as the days go by. Half of the time, I feel as though I should really stop this, but the other half of me knows that I've already gone too deep to do so.

I just really hope that someone finds him soon.

"So have you remembered anything yet?" I ask, after taking a bite of my toast.

Himchan shakes his head with a frown. "You would think that staying with you, and being around you, would have sparked something by now, but I don't feel or see anything," he says, and then scratches his head with a puzzled expression. "It's odd."

I avoid his eyes, and then take another sip of my drink. "Maybe home isn't enough?" I fib. "Maybe I need to take you out or something?"

Clapping his hands together, a happy twinkle shines in his eyes. "Hey, maybe you're right!" he chimes, liking the idea.

I can't help but cheekily grin at his response; "And since when have I ever been wrong?"

Himchan rolls his eyes, and then dismisses my playful comment with a flick of his wrist. He then quickly finishes off his breakfast, but then stops midway, and then turns to me with a displeased frown, as he points to his attire. "But there is no way I'm leaving the house in these clothes," he states, looking rather sour.

"What's wrong with—" I pause for a bit, and then gesture towards his mismatching outfit as casually as I can, "—those?"

A huff escapes his lips, "This outfit is a disaster!" Slamming his hands onto the table, he then stands up from his seat, suddenly looking determined. "I still refuse to believe that I use to dress like this."

I blink at his dramatic statement, and then slowly bite into another piece of toast, feeling a little wary.

Why do I have a weird feeling about this?

Himchan then gets out of his seat, and begins to make a beeline towards the direction of the bathroom.

But as I watch him go, he doesn't really enter it, and actually walks pass it, and that's when it hits me that he's heading towards my bedroom. So I leave the food, and quickly hop out of my chair, scrambling after him. When I arrive inside my room, Himchan practically dives into my closet, throwing my clothes all over the place, and spreading them everywhere. I yell at his crazy act, but he just ignores me, and keeps going, as I try to put everything back.

He probably thinks that I'm hiding some of his 'normal clothes' inside my closet, which was why he appears to have his mind set on finding something there.

Letting out a annoyed sigh, I eventually just plop myself down onto my bed, not having the energy to stop him any further. At one point, he had almost pulled out my underwear drawer, but luckily, I managed to slip out a screech so loud, that it paralysed him for a second or two. With a grimace, Himchan then goes back to searching, and surprise fills me, when he actually succeeds in finding some black trousers, (it must have been my fathers, but I’m not so sure, since I don’t remember ever seeing it?) a plain white shirt, (wow?) and a bright red varsity jacket.

A very familiar one, too, and as my eyes immediately widen at the sight of it, my hands instinctively reach out to grab the clothing.

"You can't wear this," I quickly say, while attempting to take the jacket out of his hold.

Himchan raises an eyebrow, and then successfully yanks the garment out of my fingers. "And why is that?" he questions, while holding the apparel closer to his body.

"Because," I lamely reply.

Drawing my eyebrows together, I try to my best to conjure up a fib of some sort, but fail miserably; how am I supposed to explain to him that this is Yongguk's jacket?

Himchan lets out a scoff at my response. "This is the only decent thing that I can find in this apartment, so I'm going to wear it, no matter what you say!" he stubbornly proclaims.

And with that, I watch as he exits my room, and paces towards the bathroom with his new outfit in hand.

I cringe as the door closes, and a small sigh comes out of my mouth.

Let’s just hope Yongguk will never see Himchan in his jacket...

———————————————

Now outside, I slowly begin to lead Himchan towards the direction of the shopping centre.

Along the way, I purchase a few snacks for us from the outdoor stores, and Himchan seems to be at awe with the street foods. His fascination reminds me of how much he enjoyed the ramyun noodles, and it makes me wonder what kind of life he was previously living, to not have seemed to be aware of the simplicity of these foods. As we walked and ate, I would occasionally ask him if he was remembering anything, or point to things that I think might somehow help him. He shook his head at everything though, but I kept trying, until we reached the huge shopping centre.

Maybe nothing around here seems familiar to him, because he doesn't exactly live in this area?

"Hey, what's up there?" asks Himchan, while nudging me.

I look up to where he's looking, to see his gaze focused on the shiny stalls above the escalator. "Oh, that," I say. "Don't worry about the shops up there. They're too expensive, and no one ever goes up there, anyway."

With a wave of my hand, I then gesture for him to keep moving onwards. Himchan lets out a small "Oh", and then proceeds to follow me, but his face still looks somewhat occupied about something. That pondering expression stays on his face for quite a while, and so I decide to ask him about it.

Maybe something about those stalls was triggering something?

"Are you okay?" I question.

Himchan nods his head. "Yeah, I'm fine," he murmurs, and then suddenly points to something. “I want to go in there.”

I direct my attention to where he’s pointing at, to see a small clothing shop. Giving him the affirmative, we then make our way over towards it, and then enter the place. Himchan doesn’t hesitate to start browsing through the things right away, and with the way that he’s doing it, it's making me inwardly groan.

Why do I have this strange feeling that my wallet is going to be so much slimmer, when we go home?

“Yejin-ah!” calls Himchan’s voice, from somewhere.

I make my way over towards him, “What?”

“Buy me this,” is all I hear, before something is being thrown into my face.

Caught off guard, I slightly jump, just before pulling the thing away from my vision, only to be attacked by another one.

“I want this one too,” adds Himchan.

I don’t get a chance to say anything, as I suddenly find myself balancing a whole heap of clothes in my arms. But the amount in my hold ridiculously escalates, to the point where I can’t even see where I’m walking anymore, and Himchan seems to be too absorbed in his shopping, to hear my muffled calls. With my patient now becoming non-existent, (due to my tired arms) I then the mountain of garments into his direction.

A little yelp comes out of Himchan’s mouth, as he almost falls over from the out-of-nowhere pile of clothes.

I then begin to scold him. “Himchan,” I sternly begin. “Are you crazy, I’m not buying you all of this?!”

Himchan narrows his eyes at me. “But I’m tired of looking like a hobo, so you have to!” he complains.

I let out a scoff, “Yah, do I look like I’m made out of money, to you?”

“Sort of,” he sarcastically mumbles, with a pout of his lips.

“Himchan!” I snap, with creased eyebrows.

In the corner of my vision, I can see the shop keeper’s eyes on us. Not wanting to cause a further scene, I force myself to take a deep breath, and then try to speak as calmly as I can; “Look, I’ll buy you some clothes, but only a few.”

“But this is a few!” argues the blonde.

His response doesn’t fail to make me give him a look of disbelief. “That is not ‘a few’!” I retort. “This—“ I say, and then bend down to pick up a couple of things, “—is ‘a few’!”

Himchan begins his whining, saying that what I had in my arms is barely anything, and so I told him that he either gets these, or we leave the place without a single thing. Grumbling and muttering to himself, he obviously chooses the first option, but still seems to have trouble cutting down his amount. So I help him, and end up generously picking out eight things; three jumpers, a jacket, two pairs of jeans, and two t-shirts.

When that’s over, I then try my best to neatly put away the other clothes, but as I’m doing this, Himchan is still debating whether or not he is satisfied with what I had picked out for him. I would have yelled at him for not helping, but the shop owner came over to give me a hand, and I didn’t want her to see my angry side. Once that’s finished, and I pay for the clothes, she thanks me, as I return to her the warm gesture.

Himchan is still occupied with the new purchase, but he does seem to be a little happier.

“You’re welcome,” I dully say.

He blinks at me, “Huh?”

I shake my head at him, suddenly feeling too tired to say anything more. “Never mind,” I mumble.

As we continue to walk pass a couple of more shops, Himchan then says to me from out of the blue; “I want more underwear.”

———————————————

A/N: He really is a handful, huh? LOL