Amusement Park

Trouble in Paradise

The three of us soon exit out of Yongguk's car, with him leading the way, down this familiar looking path.

Himchan seems genuinely confused, and although I'm not quite certain of our location, there's still this tugging feeling in me that I should know about it. It's not long, before we all reach a colourful entrance of some sort, where a wave of nostalgia suddenly washes over me, at the welcoming sight before my eyes. The happy music playing from that merry-go-round, the different scents of hot food, being carried around from the passing people here and there, and the sounds of animated shrieks, coming from the various rollercoasters—I instantly remember this all, and the acknowledgement sketched upon my face pleases Yongguk.

"I—" My sentence stops for a second, as I continue to gaze at the amusement park in front of me. "I haven't been here in so long, I..."

With my voice trailing off, this allows Yongguk to easily finish off the rest of my sentence; "—almost forgot about it?"

Blinking a bit, I then return my gaze back over to him. "Sort of," I sheepishly say. "But really, the last time I was here...was when I was with you, trying to forget about how badly I had hurt Suho."

This makes him lift an eyebrow. "But that was when you decided to break up with him, right?" he asks. And when he sees the nod from my head, the confused expression stays on his face. "Wow, it really has been quite a while, since you've been here, then," he notes.

The three of us gradually enter the place, but just before I can take another step, Yongguk offers to go and purchase the tickets. Unfortunately, he's fast with his actions, because before I can pull out my wallet for him, he's already jogging off towards the ticket booth in the distance. I frown at his disappearing figure, just before making a mental note of slipping my money into his wallet later on, without him knowing.

Suddenly remembering about a certain someone else, I then spin over to Himchan, and gently nudge his arm. "So have you been here before?" I lightly probe.

Himchan is unusually quiet, as his eyes wander over the place for a few seconds longer. "I think so," he slowly replies. "I think I've been here before, but...hey, are there two entrances to this theme park?"

I give him a nod. "There is," I say. "We're at the front, if that's what you're wondering?"

Absorbing in this piece of information, Himchan then soundlessly nods to himself. "I see," he eventually murmurs. He then looks at me, and then tilts his head, ever so slightly, with a questioning look; "We haven't been here together, have we?"

"No," I truthfully respond. "We haven't."

This makes Himchan scratch his chin in thought for a bit. "Ah, that makes sense," he says. "I can't seem to remember ever coming here with you, but...I remember coming here with someone else."

His comment makes my curiosity stir, as I wait for him to continue on.

"I think...I think she might have been my noona?" he softly says.

This further pipes up my interest, and it soon gets the best of me, by making me voice out my assumption. "So you were here with your older sister?" I guess.

Himchan has an older sister? I wonder what she looks

"No," says the blonde, with a shake of his head. "I wasn't here with my sister; I was here with...a woman."

"A woman?" I repeat, not being able to hide my surprise.

"Yeah," says Himchan. "A woman who...I was probably dating, before I had met you."

I'm not sure why, but hearing that makes me feel a little uneasy. "Do you...remember anything more, about this...woman?" I carefully ask.

Himchan ponders for a bit, until he eventually turns his head from side to side, signalling me no. "I don't," he says, with a frown. "It's a little hazy..."

I'm a little disappointed, but because I can see Yongguk making his way over to us, I then decide to end the conversation. Himchan really does look like he might start pulling out his hair, from trying to un-blur these thoughts, and right now, the thought of a bald Himchan, (who will most likely be blaming it on me for making him like that) doesn't seem to be a very inviting idea.

"Alright," I finally say. "When you remember some more, then tell me, okay?"

My request makes Himchan rolls his eyes at me. "Duh," he says, in a matter-of-fact tone. "Of course I will, I'm not stupid."

The return of his pigheaded self makes me sigh.

Yongguk is now here with our tickets, and when he helps me turn it into a wristband for me, I can see Himchan sulking away with his own. I give him a stern look, to which he returns with a dissatisfied scrunch of his face, but when I go to help him turn his ticket into a wristband like my own, his sour mood suddenly brightens up. I notice that he's a little fidgety while I’m helping him, and I soon understand why, when I gradually look up. Himchan is currently pulling faces at Yongguk, and it's only then, that I realise how he has probably pulling faces at the other male this whole time, which explains him suddenly being all wiggly.

Giving him a light hit on the arm, I then give Himchan a harsh look. “Behave,” I instruct, through gritted teeth.

In no time, the three of us begin to venture deeper into the theme park, all excited about what to do first. Yongguk snaps a few photos of us standing in front of those funny mirrors, and Himchan would tease me with how unflattering they’re all making me look. I would then use those words right back at him, and it's as though he was so busy teasing me to actually look at himself, (shockingly?) because when he does, he lets out a horrified gasp. His reaction makes me laugh, but then I stop, when he out of nowhere, reaches out to cover my vision with his palm.

"Yejinnie, don't look at me!" orders Himchan, rather dramatically.

Taken aback by his outburst, all I can do, is attempt to peel away his fingers from my eyes; "Why, what's wrong?"

"These mirrors are evil," he declares, and I can practically hear him narrowing his eyes at them. "They make me—" A slight pause then takes place, to emphasis the next part of Himchan's sentence; "—ugly."

I ultimately swat his hand away, and then click my tongue at him for being so silly. "Aish, these mirrors are distorted on purpose," I say. "They're called 'funny' mirrors for a reason, you know."

Himchan frowns, with a fake sniffle. "Well I don't see anything so funny about having my height being cut in half," he mumbles, with a pout.

I can't help but laugh a little at this, just before turning my attention over to Yongguk.

His gaze is currently focused on a ride nearby, and as we both watch the small slow cart suddenly swoop down from a high hill, causing the pair of people inside it to let out a terrified scream, I can tell that we're both thinking of the same thing.

"Mouse trap?" he casually offers.

I give him the okay, liking the suggestion. "Mouse trap," I agree, feeling excited.

Himchan suddenly materialises next to me. "Are we going on that?" he queries, while eyeing the mentioned ride.

I tell him yes, but then Yongguk points out something that stuns me for a second. "It's two people per cart, so—"

Out of nowhere, a pair of arms suddenly wraps themselves around me from behind, before he can finish off the rest of his sentence. "I bags Yejin!" announces Himchan, rather loudly.

I look up, and narrow my eyes at the cuddling blonde. "Bags?" I repeat, and then try to wriggle out of his hold; "I am not an object, you know."

But Himchan easily pushes my unsatisfied observation aside, and then prevents me from going anywhere else, by snuggling a little closer. "You're going to be my partner, right?" he expectantly says. He then leans in towards my ear, and softly mumbles; "Right?"

My eyes slightly enlarge at how husky his purring voice has suddenly become, and it makes me gulp.

And even though Yongguk's face is blank, I can feel a fairly threatening aura, silently emitting from him, and this makes me nervously bite my lip.

Letting out a forced laugh, I then eventually agree to pair up with Himchan, to which he reacts, with a joyful applaud. The loud blonde then twirls off somewhere else to continue his happy mood, as I wearily give Yongguk an apologetic look. It makes him soften when I tell him sorry, and it makes me feel a little guiltier, when he tells me that he'll be occupying a cart by himself. I tell him that he doesn't have to do that, and can wait for me to come with him right after, but he shakes his head, saying that it's fine.

"Really, it’s okay," assures Yongguk. "We can always sit together on another ride. As for now, I think we should hurry in, before he gives me those death eyes."

"Death eyes?" I say, somewhat amused. "Would you prefer bedroom eyes, instead?"    

My attempt to joke around sort of backfires on me, as Yongguk suddenly halt in his tracks. "He gives you...bedroom eyes?" questions the male, rather cautiously.

I stop my chortle midway, as his bewildered stare greets me. "Um," I manage to voice out, not sure how to reply to this.

And due to my lack of response, Yongguk automatically assumes that as a 'yes', as a serious expression now outlines his features.

"I've noticed how his use of excessive skin-ship makes you a little uncomfortable," he points out. "Do you want me to talk to him about it? You know, tell him to tone it down a little?"

I gape at him for a second, before repeatedly telling him no. "It's alright," I say. "Honestly, if Himchan can struggle with wearing a sweater, then I'm pretty confident in being able to take care of myself."

Yongguk searches my eyes for a bit, until he eventually breathes out a small sigh. "Okay," he gradually says, with a frown. "But if he hurts you in any way, then don't be surprised to suddenly find him in a hospital."

His comment makes me do a double take at him, but before I can say anything to that, I suddenly feel something hook itself around my left arm.

"Come on, lets go!" wails Himchan, as he then proceeds to drag me away.

I almost trip over from his eagerness, but eventually am able to separate myself from him with an exasperated puff of air.

The three of us begin to line up for the ride, and are soon allowed access towards the mouse-shaped cart; Himchan and I in one, while Yongguk is in another one from behind us. I show Yongguk a tiny smile, just before stepping into my cart with Himchan. The front seat is where I end up sitting, as Himchan sits himself down on the other seat, right behind me. The two of us then click on our seatbelts as we're instructed, and after listening to the safety tips by the worker, where they then go on to make sure that everything is good and set to go, a press of the button is all that's needed, for the cart to jerk forward, and start moving.

Not quite prepared, that swift motion makes me slightly jump, but then I start to ease down in my spot, as the cart is now steadily crawling across the tracks. My eyes then notice the giant slope not too far away from us, and I can feel the anticipation inside me building up, as we're now, bit by bit, climbing up the steep.

"I've always wanted to go on this ride with someone," says Himchan, from out of the blue.

Due to safety reasons, I continue to keep my eyes to the front. "So is this your first time?" I ask.

"No," he answers. "I remember being on this before, but whenever I would ask that noona to join me, she would always refuse."

That noona...

"Do you remember anything more about her?" I question, rather hopefully.

Himchan lets out a sigh. "I...can somewhat remember the sound of her voice," he begins. "But her face? I still have no clue. She would yell and whine at me a lot though, it's kind of like you, except not really."

This makes me arch an eyebrow. "I don't whine," I state, not so amused by this comparison. "And when I yell, it's for a good reason, so what is that supposed to mean?"

Chuckling is heard, as I then feel those arms slip around me once more, to embrace me from behind. "It just means that between the two of you, I think you're the better one," he cheerfully proclaims.

My grip on the metal bar in front of me tightens a little. "But how can you be so sure, when you can't even remember who she is?" I wearily say.

The movement of the cart comes to a gradual stop, as we're now at the very top of the huge hill.

At any moment now, the cart will do a dip, plunging us both down this thrilling steep peak, and the thought of when it will drop and start crazily zooming, is making my heart rate increase.

But on top of waiting for this to happen, the delay of Himchan's response is also making me a little squeamish.

"Because I just am," he finally replies, at long last.

And as soon as those words leave his mouth, I don’t have enough time to react, because I instantly feel the wind suddenly rushing through my hair, where the adrenaline rush of the ride, forces me to let out a delighted shriek.