I'm Sorry

Trouble in Paradise

When the two of us arrive back home, I go to sort out my working schedule, to get myself organised with the times of my work. Himchan helps me sort out the bills, where he then goes to do a bit of cleaning. These separate tasks help time fly by, because night eventually falls, where we then go to cook our dinner together. I smile to myself a little, when I go to make the rice, remembering Himchan's first (and quite bitter) reaction, ("I don't understand this stupid box,") to the rice cooker.

And because I happen to be a little preoccupied by that amusing thought, the swishing of the water somehow splashes a little onto my top, making me instantly frown.

"Tsk," clicks Himchan's tongue. "Didn't I just tell you to put on an apron?" He stops his nagging to put down his knife, grabs some tissue, and then takes a step over to me, to dab my top. "Hmm, it's a shame that you're not wearing white," I hear him say.

His comment makes me blush a bit, where I then go to shuffle myself backwards. "You know, just because of that, I'm going to make it my mission to never wear white in front of you, ever again," I say, with a flattened expression.

But Himchan just innocently blinks at me, as he slowly goes to arch up an eyebrow. "Then what are you going to wear, when we get married?" he innocently asks. His puzzled face then lights up, as he goes to give his fingers a swift click. "Oh, I know!" he animatedly exclaims. "You can go in your birthday suit."

I give his beaming face a weird look. "Do you hear how crazy your suggestion sounds?" I skeptically ask.

Himchan sniggers a little. "And you're crazy enough to even consider it," he chimes.

I let out a sigh, with a dull frown. "I never agreed to go on my own wedding," I blandly say.

"Good," chirps Himchan. "Because I just realised how horrible that idea is; do you want to know why?"

"Hmm," I uninterestedly wonder out loud. "Maybe it's the fact that I'm awfully presented, at such an important event in my life?"

Himchan blinks at me for a bit. "Uh...not quite," he leisurely says. "It's more like because I want to be the only person—well, aside from your parents, with them taking care of you, when you were younger—to see your beautiful body."

Unsure of how to reply (and the fact that I can feel myself blushing again) I shift my gaze elsewhere, and resume back to preparing the rice.

"So," perks up Himchan's voice, after no response from me. "I've been thinking of names for our future children—"

The rice cooker container almost slips out of my hold. "What?!" I squeak out, clearly surprised by the choice of topic.

Himchan laughs, looking entertained, by my mortified face. "Hey, relax," he playfully commands. "Just because I've been thinking about that, doesn't mean that I'm going to stick a baby inside of you, any time soon."

My eyes narrow a little, with mock anger. "You better not," I jokily reprimand.

Because for some strange reason, the idea of having a mini Himchan to cradle in my arms, doesn't feel like such a bad idea, all of the sudden.

Turning on the tap, I then go to give my hands a wash, and after having them clean, I pat them dry.

But as soon as I spin around, to see if Himchan needs help with the cutting, I'm surprised to see him standing there, waiting.

He shows me a small smile, just before he little by little, reaches out for my hands. "To be honest, becoming a father has never crossed my mind," reveals the dark haired male. "But you've slightly changed my thought on that, you know?"

I'm aware that he has more to say, and so I just keep quiet, for him to go on.

With that fond look on his face, Himchan lifts a hand up, to delicately caress my cheek. "If we ever have a daughter, I want her to look like you," he warmly says.

Feeling my facial expressions softening, my heart does an odd flip, as I patiently proceed to listen to him.

"I want her to have your beautiful eyes," he murmurs.

And when he bit by bit, inches forward, I automatically flutter my eyes shut.

A very fragile kiss is felt on my eyelids, and after a few seconds, (when I feel that he's leaned back) I then gradually open up my eyes again.

Himchan continues on, with that warm twinkle in his tender gaze. "I also want her to have your cute nose," he comments.

Leaning down, he then goes to give the tip of my nose a chaste peck, and the gentle action, causes a tiny giggle to erupt from me.

"And finally," he says, after moving back a bit. "I want her to have your perfect lips."

Himchan's mouth soon presses down onto my own, and I can't help but smile into the kiss, as the feeling of bliss goes to engulf me.

The exchange is slow and unhurried, allowing us both to savour the moment, as though we have all the time in the world to do this. I feel a combination of giddiness, and can feel my heart gradually go to melt into a puddle of warmth. Because when we both part away, I realise that the corners of my lips have seem to put themselves in a default-like mode, as I just can't seem to stop smiling at the dark haired male in front of me. And when I remember how he had said that having a daughter isn't the only thing he wants, my curiosity gets me to go and slowly ask him about his hypothetical son.

"Hmm, well..." Himchan thinks for a bit. "I don't really mind who our son looks like; we're both hot, so he'll be hot either way." He gives his shoulders a shrug, to show his indifferent mood with his remark. "I guess the only thing I have to say about him, is that he must be our first child, so that his sister will have someone to look out for her."

My mind quietly awes at this, finding Himchan's thoughts to be very cute and sweet, until—

"—You know, to scare away her admirers and whatnot," he concludes.

The happy look on my face instantly morphs into an odd one, as I now go to give him a strange look. "Thinking about having kids is one thing," I point out. "But thinking about them getting possibly married, is a bit a stretch..."

Himchan laughs. "Silly Yejin," he coos. "I wasn't implying that; I meant as in if someone is picking on our princess, then her brother can come and be like bam!" Himchan lightly punches the air, to emphasis his point. "And then tell off the weirdo who keeps picking on her, because that annoying boy secretly likes her or something, like how most love stories start out. But you know what I mean, right?"

I blink at him a little. "I...think so...?" I slowly say.

My response is obviously not convincing, and it makes Himchan pout. "Babe," he whines. "You have to stick on the same wavelength as me!"

Entertained, a chortle comes out of me, making me giggle at his adorable displeasure. "But it can be a little hard, with how weird you are," I jest.

"I'm not weird," replies Himchan, with a huff. "I'm just exotic!"

Laughing some more at the smug look on his face, I then go to lightly shake my head at him. "Well, then I suggest you get your exotic back to cutting those tofu," I playfully say. "Or we'll just be standing here all night, and never get our stew done."

Himchan makes a face at me, but just before he returns back to his task, he then gives me a small, sheepish beam. "Cut with me?" he sweetly asks, with a charming tilt of his head.   

I roll my eyes at him in sarcasm, as I go to grab a hold of a chopping board, but through my actions, Himchan knows my answer.

Because honestly, even if he didn't ask, I would have helped him anyway.

———————————————

After our dinner together, I then go to wash the dishes. Himchan has been doing almost all of the cleaning lately, and because of that, I decide that I should have my fair share of the chore tonight. The utensils and cutlery soon get cleared out, and when I head outside to look for Himchan, I spot him watching something on the TV. It's a magic show of some sort, and as I go to take a spot next to the dark haired male, I hear him start to tell me how obvious everything is. Himchan goes on to complain about how the cards being used, have a specific mark on them, to let the magician know which ones they are, and how the assistants can sneakily crawl away, when being placed into those 'magic' boxes.

I laugh at how he continues to pick at the cheesy show, and because of this, I then suggest for us to change the channel.

So we do this, but are suddenly met with some giant shark, in the middle of tearing this middle-aged man's body apart. I flinch a little, at the startling scene, with all of the blood, spilling all over the place, but Himchan just gives the gory scene, a skeptical look. With an unimpressed frown on his face, he then goes to tell me how artificial the shark looks, and that the man's eaten limb, was "so obviously plastic". So then we decide to switch the channel once more, and are now set with a calm gardening documentary, of some sort.

And because there doesn't seem to be anything for Himchan to complain about, I assume that he's finally satisfied.

"Photosympathy is so weird," comments Himchan, from out of the blue.

I turn to him, with a bent brow. "Photo what?" I ask, feeling somewhat confused.

"Photosympathy," he repeats. "You know, that thing that plants do, when they eat or something?"

I blink at him, as the crease in my eyebrow goes to deepen a little. "You mean...photosynthesis...?" I slowly say.

All is quiet, except for the geographical voice on the screen, as Himchan goes to blankly stare at me for a bit. "Whatever," he eventually says, with an irked expression. "At least we now know that when plants get sad, then they can photosympathize together." He then nudges my arm a little, with an exaggerated wink. "Eh, get it?"

My hand meets with my forehead, as I go to shake my head, at yet another one of his corny jokes. "Honestly, you are just so..."

"—Amazing?" blurts out Himchan, rather cockily. He then places his hands onto his cheeks, in a way that he thinks is supposed to make him look 'cute'. "Aigoo, Yejinnie always knows how to boost up the Himbear's confidence," croons Himchan, with a happy beam.

My eyes crease at him, but in a bizarre 'what-the-heck-are-you-on-about' look, as he continues to chuckle away, in his 'aegyo’ mode.

Soon, the two of us then decide that it's time to get some sleep, as it's now quite late into the night.

And as I'm now struggling to brush this knot out of my hair, while standing in front of my vanity desk, Himchan decides to make himself cosy, in my bed.

"Oh, I read this really weird story the other day," he suddenly announces.

Too annoyed about the tangled loop in my hair, it just makes me hum out an idle sound as a reply.

"Well," begins Himchan. "There was this guy, right? And apparently, he would always go to visit this girl at the bookstore, because he liked her. So then one day, when he found out that she really likes flowers, he then went and gave her a bouquet. Cute, yeah?" Himchan doesn't give me a second to agree (or to say anything, really) as he suddenly springs up into a sitting position. "Wrong!" he dramatically reveals. "That's what the author wants you to think," he sulkily says, with narrowed eyes. "Anyway, they went out for some hot chocolate, and then she said something about always wanting a garden, but because she lives in an apartment, she can't exactly have one."

I absentmindedly mumble out an "oh?" and a "really?" here and there, as Himchan carries on, with his tale.

A surge of relief now runs through me, as I’ve finally managed to untangle my hair, but when I turn my attention over to my bed, I see my blanket being wrapped around Himchan, so that the only part of him that's visible, is his face.

The burrito-looking male, then frowns an upset frown at me. "And then you know what happens?" he quietly asks, in a slightly whiney tone.

I stare at him, before I bit by bit, turn my head from side to side.

"He kills her!" exclaims Himchan, with a deepening frown. "I thought he was cool, but he turned out to be a psycho, who only took her home, to kill her." 

I watch as Himchan now goes to lie back down, to curl up on his side.

He continues moping for a bit, but right when I'm about to ask him to get out of my bed, he opens the blanket, and then pats the empty spot next to him.

"Lie with me for a bit," he sulks. "Just until I can forget about that story. Pretty please?"

I pause for a second, but then gradually find myself climbing in next to him.

Himchan immediately goes to cuddle against me, and even though my back is facing him, I can feel my heart doing some really strange beats. The fluttery somersaults go to increase, when Himchan begins to draw some vague swirly patterns, on my upper back. It’s ticklish, and the touch makes me giggle, as I squirm around a little, but this only makes Himchan slip an arm over my waist, so that he can embrace me closer to him. My hand then goes to hold his, and this simple gesture is enough to make me smile.

But after a while, I slowly feel it withdraw from my own, as the blanket gradually leaves my body.

Himchan is sitting up, and when he sees the quizzical look on my face, he chuckles a bit. "Okay, I feel better now," he informs, with a happy smile. "Night-night."

The warmness against me slowly starts to leave, and when I look down at the vacant spot next to me, it makes me frown a little.

Because as I watch him go to gradually walk out of my room, the probing of this distressing feeling inside, finally overwhelms me enough, to call out his name.

"Himchan-ah," I utter out, loud enough for him to hear.

Freezing in his spot, the dark haired male's back straightens up a little, and when he eventually spins around to face me, there's clear bewilderment on his face. Himchan doesn't say anything, as he goes to stare at me, with this strange surprised look on his face. And, judging by how high up his eyebrows are, he's probably too taken aback to say anything. His reaction makes me a little wary, and I start to wonder that maybe, I shouldn't have said anything...

Because after all, I've said his name countless of times before, so why does he look so shocked this time?

Giving my blanket a little squeeze, I then sit myself up, to firmly voice out my reason in calling him back.

And when Himchan hears what I've just said, he gawks at me a little, which is then followed up by an unsure look on his face.

"I...don't know..." he cautiously says. "Are you sure?"

With a small smile on my face, I nod my head. "Yes," I say. "It's a little cold today, so I don't mind if you sleep here with me."

Himchan slowly makes his way back over to the bed, but his tiny, and yet (out of character) hesitant steps, still tell me that he's a little uncertain. "Are you sure that you're fine with me here?" he asks, once more.

So to let him know how sure I am with my proposal, I reach forward, and yank him down towards the mattress.

His wide eyes make me chortle, but the baffled look on his face, soon dissolves into a devilish one. "Oh, someone's feeling a little dominant tonight," he slyly says, with a smirk.

My amusement stops, as I now feel a sudden heatwave, wash over my cheeks. "We're not going to do anything," I confirm, with a peeved crease in my eyebrows. "When I say that you can sleep with me, I really do only mean that you can rest with me."

Wriggling closer, Himchan then begins to nuzzle against my cheek. "Sure," he purrs. "Whatever you say..."

A small squeal squeaks out from me, when his hand goes to give my right a squeeze, and because of the sudden touch, my arm goes to elbow him, out of a reflex.

Himchan lets out a grunt, as he now removes his hand, to clutch onto the sore spot on his chest.

And as I watch him groan into my pillow, I frown at him. "Hey, don't make me change my mind," I sternly say. "I'm feeling a little nice today, so—"

My words get cut off, as Himchan's arms suddenly reach out, to envelope me into a bear-hug. "No!" he wails. "I want to stay here." Snuggling against me some more, he then lifts his head up to finally look at me. "Well, only if you're really, really, okay with it, though."

I flatten my eyes at him, and after a few "are you sure?" and "yes", being tossed back and forth from the two of us, Himchan finally settles himself down.

Once the light is switched off, I then shuffle myself over a little, when I feel him crawl back onto the mattress next to me. The way that we both automatically move into a comfortable position on our sides, feels all too natural, as though this happens every night. I secretly smile, when Himchan goes to place an arm over my waist, and with my back pressed against his chest, it makes me feel at ease. My heart seems to be fluttering so much right now, its making me wonder if I'll actually be able to get any sleep tonight.

And as I ponder about this, with my eyes closed, Himchan utters out something that makes the fuzziness even worst.

"You're always the prettiest, when you're in my arms," he softly says.

I keep quiet, but to show him that I'm listening, I then go to slowly place my hand on top of his own.

"You're the prettiest in my arms, because it's when you're the most honest," he affectionately states, and I suddenly feel this pang in my chest. "I like honesty, and because of that, I think it's one of the things that make you beautiful."

The beating in my heart halts for a split second, but it's not because of the giddiness that I was feeling a second ago. That happy feeling is now being replaced with this uncomfortable churning in my stomach, as I attempt to swallow down the constricting lump, that's growing in my throat. Himchan's tender tone tells me that he's softly smiling, and as much as I try to smile as well, I can't. With a heavy heart, my eyes just continue to stare into the space in front of me, and I'm just thankful that he can't see my face right now. Himchan soon goes to whisper me a soft goodnight, but the guilt in me, does its job, at keeping me awake.

And because of that, as soon as I'm sure that he's fallen asleep, I gradually remove my hand from his own, to breathe out a sad sigh.

I'm not as honest as you think I am, and for that...I'm sorry.