The Other Side

Trouble in Paradise

"My feelings...my feelings for you are genuine. I sincerely do care about you, because...because II love you," she shakily chokes out. "I'm in love with you, Himchan..."

With crumpled eyebrows, his eyes now slowly open, to see that it's morning—that the voice which had echoed inside his mind a split second ago, was all a part of a horrid dream, that has been disturbing him, for the past week, and he hates it. He hates how throughout these seven days, of trying to adjust back into his home, a piece of his mind, has not been able to completely block her out, like how he wants to. He hates how his mind would project her smile of approval, or echo her words of praise, because they would make him feel confused, and clash with the bitterness, in him.

Just the other day, his sleep was interrupted, by a dream of them cooking together. It happened to be chicken, and although he tries his best to avoid thinking about her in any way, he much rather prefers something as simple as this, compared to those other ones—the ones where her hands would be roaming his chest, as little pleasurable mews, go to softly utter from her, as his lips would graze, and kiss, and nibble, along her smooth skin. And it would only get worse, when clothes began to disappear, with her mews gradually turning into loud content moans, due to his lower half, pushing himself into her. 

But most of all, the one thing that he despises the most, about remembering her, is how his heart would eventually constrict and tighten, into a painful ache.

Despite the one or two strange things that he had noticed, throughout his time with being with her, he still convinced himself to believe her every word, and to basically, trust her. He's angry at himself, for being too naive, and not listening to the odd suspicious feeling, deep within his being. A low, frustrated, growl would always emit from his throat, whenever his mind would happen to bring him back, to those times where he could have done something about it. For example, there was that time where he happened to be vacuuming the floor in her room, and something had become lodged into the pipe.

Because when he had turned off the machine, to unclog the cleaning tool, he came face to face, with a poster that advertised about people who needed to be found.

"It's probably just something that an advertiser had given her," was his blasé thought at the time, as he carelessly tossed it aside, and into the trash.

There was also that other time, where he was placing away her clean laundry, and happened to notice the empty tissue box on her desk. Grabbing it, to take it out, so that it could be replaced with a new one, his elbow had accidentally bumped into a book. It was her diary planner, and it had fallen onto the floor, where the tumble had caused the bookmarked date of the time, to be shown. Picking it up, curiosity began to stir within him, when his eyes read "meet with Youngjae after work", neatly written on the far top hand corner, of the page.

"It's probably just a work related thing," was his innocent thought, as he had remembered seeing something similar, being written about someone named Woohyun.

But when he happened to see Youngjae's name flash on her phone, as she was in the shower, he couldn't help but read the text being sent.

And when he saw, "Noona, are you free to meet me tomorrow?" he was suddenly blinded with green, where the tiny, jealous twinge, stirring in him, had caused him to hastily delete the message, as the water in the bathroom gradually stopped running.

Giving his head a shake, Himchan now forces himself to discard these thoughts, as he finally slips out of his bed. He makes his way into his bathroom, to commence through his daily morning routine, except a little angrier today, than yesterday—the memories of her appear to plague him more heavily today, and because he had allowed for himself to sit there, and watch those moments be replayed out in his head again, it explains why his mood is a little more sour than usual. After picking out an outfit from his huge, walk-in closet, the dark haired male, then makes his way down the staircase, and into the vast kitchen, for a cold, glass of water.

As Himchan sips away the cool liquid, he finds his irritation slowly dissolving, as he is now greeted, by a maid. The woman bows her head at him, where she then goes to inform him about his prepared breakfast, which is waiting for him, on the dining table. Himchan, still (somewhat) finding it a little odd to have food always ready for him, stares at her for a moment, before uttering out a small "thank you". She bows her head at him once more, just before disappearing off elsewhere—most likely to continue cleaning the non-existent dust of this huge household, all while (still) pondering over his unusually polite behaviour.

When Himchan is finished with his meal, he then puts on his shoes, and makes his way outside, towards a black car, waiting for him. The chauffeur greets him with a nod of courtesy, to which he responds with a polite response of his own. Himchan is soon driven out of his house, and due to the lack of sleep he has been getting, the trip is shorter than he remembers. With a minor "thanks", the dark haired male now steps out of the car, to be greeted by the sight of a huge glass building. Two security guards go to him inside, and no matter how many times he's told them that their company is not needed, they would go into a long rant about safety and whatnot.

And so because of that, he's now slightly given up, and just proceeds to try his best, to block out their presence, as well.

Speaking of safety, there has been one person that he has been meaning to speak to, but the man happens to conveniently, be on a business trip. Park Kyungwook, has been the only person who Himchan has not been able to speak to since his return, and surely enough, he's also the one who he needs to talk to (or more like confront) the most—because since Kyungwook holds all of the answers that relate to Himchan's incident, it's only wise to question the one who is the cause of it all. Himchan's eyebrows now draw together, as he continues to think about his harmless assistant, who had never really meant anything to him before.

Because when someone tries to kill you, you can't help but begin to take more notice of them.

Setting these unpleasant thoughts to the side, Himchan now attempts to submerge himself into that mood, where the only things that matter, are himself and his work, as he finally enters into his office.

———————————————

A breath of relief falls out of him, as he now loosens up his black tie. Himchan is satisfied, to see how the meeting he has just held, to discuss the ideas of a possible new car design, had gone by rather smoothly. His father was impressed by his sophistication, and his mother was ecstatic, to see her (according to Himchan's grandmother, from his father's side) 'lazy' son, so absorbed in the project—even Hyosung was present, and her shinning eyes throughout the whole talk, easily reflected how proud she was feeling.

Ever since Himchan's reappearance, things seemed to slowly make a turn, for the better. Sales were beginning to lift back up, and due to his personality change, everyone around him, were starting to see him in a new light. Instead of easily dismissing him to the side, as 'that boy who just likes to play', they now look at him with glowing eyes, of amazement. Himchan has explained to his family, that his accident was not an 'accident' at all, and they were shocked. They immediately demanded to know what had really happened, but his cunning side, managed to coax them all into waiting for a little more, as "not everyone is here", because "Kyungwook should be around to hear this, too".

And thanks to Himchan's stubborn personality trait, his mother, father, and grandmother, are now forced to wait for a little more.

Aside from wanting to know about this, his mother has also questioned him about his whereabouts, and this is where Hyosung comes in. Instead of letting everyone know where he had really been staying, Himchan decided to (amazingly) lie. By telling his family how the perky woman was the one who had found him, and did whatever she could, to help him regain his memories, without worrying them, it made them all the more thankful of her, for being in their lives. And for this, Himchan's mother has been constantly praising her son, for dating “the right girl”, as she is "definitely a keeper".

And even though lying is the one thing that he absolutely detests, the bitterness in him much rather prefers to deliver a false tale, as the hurt in him can't bear to talk about her.

It's hard, he learns, to keep up this fake facade, and the more he struggles to continue on with his story, with how Hyosung was his 'saviour', his mind would slowly (out of pure curiosity) begin to wonder—how did she constantly lie to me like that?

It was something else that continuously boggled his mind, along with this uncomfortable pang, that he strangely still feels, whenever thinking of her.

"Channie!" calls out a sudden voice.

The cheeriness in it, pulls him out of his thoughts, as he now turns over, to see a shoulder length, wavy-haired brunette, beaming up at him.

"It's time for lunch," comments Hyosung. "So let’s eat together!"

Himchan's semi blank expression stares at her for a bit, before he eventually agrees with a nod, and, Hyosung, seeing the agreement (although appearing to be oblivious to the dullness of it), instantly links her arm through his, with a delightful cheer.

Hyosung is now animatedly talking away, happily praising him for how he had handled the meeting just then, as the two now begin to make their way out of the huge building together—she's all smiley, and is filled with absolute joy, while Himchan continues his neutral features. The two eventually come to settle down in a classy cafe, and are instantly directed towards a table, as soon as their presence is known. Himchan is still rather wary in the jump of environment, from ordinary meals from just as ordinary eateries, to very beautifully presented dishes, from just as beautifully decorated places.

"Aigoo, I'm so hungry, I just want to eat everything," groans Hyosung, with a pout. "What are you thinking of getting, Channie?"

Himchan blinks at her, just before bringing his attention down towards the fancy menu. "I don't know..." he slowly says. "Don't they have anything more...normal?"

"Hmm?" ponders Hyosung. "What do you mean? This is normal."

The dark haired male finds himself frowning a little, and when Hyosung manages to catch that, worry shoots across her face.

"Ah, do you not like it here?" she hastily asks. "We can go somewhere else, if you like?"

Himchan gently shakes his head at her. "No," he quietly says. "Here is fine...I'll just get this."

"Okay then!" chirps the brunette. "And I'll get this."

With her hand now high up in the air, Hyosung quickly catches the attention of one of the waitresses around, who immediately makes her way over to take their orders. Himchan silently watches, as the girl goes to tap in their dishes with the electronic device in her hands, but as soon as she looks up to show him a smile, he finds his heart halting with semi shock. This girl's features look completely different to the female that he's thinking of, but her smile—her smile, is the same. Not exactly the same, but because the resemblance of it is so heavy, it's enough to stun him for a moment.

"Would you like anything else with that?" asks the waitress.

Hyosung shakes her head. "No, I'm good," she answers. "Channie?"

Feeling a little disorganised, Himchan blinks a little. "I'm fine," he nippily responds.

With a polite nod of her head, the waitress now excuses herself, to go and hand in the order. Himchan's eyes seem to be glued to her back, and seeing that his attention is not on her, Hyosung suddenly gives a clear of , to have him redirect it back to her. The brunette now engages into a conversation about how happy she's been lately, and although Himchan knows that the right thing to do, is to be, well, happy for her contentment, he finds it really hard, to not have his thoughts wonder off. And although Hyosung's appearance is glowing, and radiating with joy, she knows that deep down inside, Himchan is not himself.

The brunette knows that he's still angry, and hurt, and because of that, it explains why he hasn't been his usual sassy self. Hyosung knows that Himchan is often distracted by a certain someone, and since it's not her, it makes her heart sink in melancholy. She knows that the old flame that they had once shared, will continue to stay as old flames, and for that, the ache in her continues to throb throughout her chest. And even though Hyosung knows that Himchan is the type of person to easily discard things to the side, she knows that it's not the same with this, as a section of his heart is still missing.

She knows that it will take a while, for him to attain back the piece, but she prays for it to be soon—she hopes for the obnoxious male to return quickly, as it pains her to helplessly see him like this.

And because she loves Himchan very dearly, and doesn't want to burden him anymore, with her one-sided feelings, Hyosung knows that the only thing she can do, is to plaster that sunny smile onto her face, and look oblivious to her surroundings.

Because she prays that by doing this, it will make him fall for her, like how he did in the first place.

"Oh, food's coming," points out Himchan.    

Snapping out of her thoughts, Hyosung instantly lights up. "Aish, it's about time," she mumbles, with a frown. "Because I can feel my stomach starting to eat itself."

The two watch their meals now being carefully placed down in front of them.

"Please enjoy your food," bids the waitress.

And just like before, Himchan finds his chest constricting a little, in a rather strange way, from the smile on her face.

He nods his head at her with a small "thanks", as Hyosung shows her gratitude, with a perky, "we will!" that eventually makes the female now approach another table, to serve the couple there.

And because she knows that Himchan is once again, thinking about that particular someone, the little envious feeling pinching at her, makes her say out his name, to bring his eyes over back to her.

"Omo, doesn't this look really good?" says Hyosung.

Himchan nods his head in agreement, just before quietly nibbling away on his pasta dish.

———————————————

"We should head back soon," states the dark haired male.

"What?" Hyosung blinks a little, and then goes to check the time on her phone. "Aw, time went by so quickly!" she blurts out, with a sulking expression. "Then do you want to go and get some coffee, before we go?"

Himchan says yes, and together, the two are now greeted by the scent of coffee beans, as they soon step into the nearest coffee shop. Hyosung thinks it's a little small, but Himchan thinks that it's just perfect—the atmosphere is warm, and the place is rather cosy. His eyes now travel across the huge menu boards, that are decorated with adorable little chalk drawings, and without knowing it, it makes his lips quirk up a little. But when his gaze comes across a certain drink written there, it makes him stare at it for a little longer, where the amusement on his face, slowly begins to revert back, to that blank face that he was sporting, just a second ago.

Greeting the cashier with a bright smile, Hyosung now goes to place in their orders, but is interrupted midway, through saying Himchan's usual drink.

"I don't want an Americano," he unexpectedly informs.

The brunette blinks at him, and when he goes to tell the cashier the beverage on his mind, it makes Hyosung lift up a perplexed eyebrow.

After their drinks are made, the two collect it, to then exit the store together. Hyosung makes a comment about the water fountain that they've just walked past, but Himchan's attention is far too distracted by the drink in his hand. He's not sure what’s possessed him to want to order this, (since according to him, nothing can go wrong with an iced Americano) so he's decided to say that it was his 'curiosity'. Bringing the cup up to his lips, the dark haired male now takes a tiny sip, and when the warm liquid, melts itself over his tastebuds, he can't help, but cringe a little, at the taste of it.

His verdict is that it's too sweet—the nice smelling vanilla latte, is much too creamy, and milky, and most of all, sweet, for his taste.

And because of this, he's now wondering how a certain individual can drink this, and silently vows, to never leave his usual Americano drink, again.

"I didn't know you like vanilla lattes," comments Hyosung, from out of the blue.

"I don't," is Himchan's simple reply.

Hyosung tilts her head at him. "What?" she says. "Then why did you order it?"

The dark haired male shrugs his shoulders at her. "I was just curious," he plainly responds.

"Hmm, do you want to buy another drink, then?" she offers. "Since you don't like it, you can just throw it away."

Himchan shakes his head at her suggestion. "It's fine," he says. "We need to get back, anyway."  

Breathing out a small sigh, Hyosung can't help but wonder if Himchan's sudden interest in this drink, may have anything to do with who he's been distracted by, as she now soundlessly follows him, without another word.

———————————————

Crossing his arms over his chest, Himchan now leans back into his leather chair, with his eyes still fixed on the diagram sketch in front of him. He has been planning out the appearance of a new car lately, and it has been coming across rather smoothly. Due to his thoughts being immersed in all of the paperwork around him, the past couple of hours have easily blurred past him. He can now feel the tiredness little by little, creep up on him, as the sun has been replaced by the moon. Curious, Himchan now quickly turns his attention over towards the clock on the wall, to see it read 8pm.

Perfect.

The dark haired male now begins to neatly assemble his papers and files together, into a simple folder, as the pens and pencils that he had been using, get placed back into their rightful drawers, one by one. Now that Himchan goes to properly close the blinds, he pauses for a bit, to let his gaze become lost amongst the city lights, of Seoul. His sharp sight allows him to spot a couple of nightclubs that he had used to attend, to playfully surround himself with all the females there. It might have been fun for him at the time, but now that he thinks of it, it makes him frown with disappointment.

Pushing that thought to the side, Himchan now grabs his things, just before switching off the light, and then exiting the room, with a soft click of the door. A few workers are still here, most likely due to his father's orders, as he would give them a polite bow of his head, whenever he happened to pass by one. Himchan has told his chauffeur to not pick him up today, as he will be making his own way back home, so for that, instead of heading outside like how he usually would, the dark haired male's feet lead him over towards the awaiting steel elevator.

It takes him all the way down onto the ground floor within a minute or so, and once the car park comes to view, Himchan begins to make his way over towards a dark blue car. He unlocks the stylish vehicle with a simple button from his electronic keys, and is soon sitting himself down into the driver's seat. The work folders get placed down onto the passenger's spot, and with a click of his seatbelt, Himchan then turns on the engine. The car lights up, and once everything is set, he then smoothly reverses out of his spot, with the exit in his mind.

And as this happens, the dark haired male, gradually finds his blank facial features, dissolve into one of ease.

Because one of the things that he finds himself missing quite a bit, is the presence of his car.

Himchan treasures this vehicle, and to be reunited with it again after so long, he can't help but feel a sense of comfort, despite the amount of sullenness, that has been pulsating through him. He misses being in control of the smooth steering wheel, and to surround himself with the expensive quality leather of the seats. Himchan also misses the feeling of the wind rushing through his hair, as he would speed down the highway, with the top roof of his car being exposed. He just misses being able to drive in general, but the one thing that makes him feel slightly uncomfortable about his car, is how it makes him think of her.

How it was what had helped him trash her bike, as a response of his anger, for their not-so-nice first encounter.

A scoff comes out of him, as he remembers the silly memory. It makes him mutter to himself, and because he doesn't want his head to continue filling itself with her, his hand now reaches out, to switch on the radio, where the music now begins to blare itself out of the speakers. Himchan finds the loud music good, as it's completely different to the type of genre that she would sing, and—

The dark haired male's grip on the steering wheel tightens, as he finds his mind now starting to cloud itself with her, and her voice. Himchan clicks his tongue in irritation, because right at this moment, there is something else that he should be placing his attention on. It's something that has been constantly nagging at the back of his head, ever since all of the missing pieces, have been returned back to him—Himchan just hopes that the plan that he has been formulating within his mind for the past couple of days, will go according to how he wants it to, in order to get the answers that he seeks.

Because he needs to know exactly why he was purposely pushed into the waters on that night, and what that person's true intensions were.

With a huge motivational boost, Himchan's feet now adds a tad bit more weight onto the accelerator, allowing for him to reach the airport faster than usual.

———————————————

Stepping out of the car, he then shuts the vehicle's door, where a 'click' is heard right after, to indicate that it's locked.

Himchan now begins to make his way into the airport's entrance, and towards a specific gate number. He reaches the area just in time, as the passengers of the landed plane, are beginning to file out of the tunnel, bit by bit. The corner of the dark haired male's lips twitch up by a fraction—forming a smirk, almost—when he finally manages to spot the one who he is waiting for. Dressed in his usual crisp attire, Himchan can feel the resentment towards this man, slowly bubble itself within his chest, but he knows that it's best to refrain himself, from doing anything too drastic.

And so he waits—he waits for the older male's gaze to somehow land on him, and because Himchan makes sure that it actually does happen, he almost accidentally allows the secretive smirk, to become known.

Because the dark haired male can't help but feel somewhat satisfied, to see the complexion on Kyungwook's face, abruptly pale itself with dread.

"Himchan-sshi...?"  queries the older male, in bewilderment. "What are you doing here?"

An overly pleasant smile now appears on Himchan's face, because it's just oozing with sarcasm. "It's been a while," he calmly (too calmly) says, while gradually approaching closer. "Hasn't it?"

Kyungwook clears his throat rather awkwardly. "Yes," is all he says.

Himchan continues to let that so called 'delighted' expression, occupy his face. "I know Sungwon is the one who's supposed to be here right now," he begins, in a reasonably casual manner. "But since I've been away for quite a while, I just thought that this would be a great opportunity, to...have you tell me exactly what I've missed out on."

Several seconds pass by, as the two males silently exchange a telepathical message, knowing clear well, of where this is heading.

Because with the way that Kyungwook's eyes had quickly flickered over to the people walking by, and then back over onto Himchan, it tells the younger male, that the older one is aware of how careful he needs to be with his responses.

With a nod of his head, the two now begin to make their way out of the airport, and towards Himchan's car. The younger male is clearly enjoying the older one's stiff expression, as he continues his 'oblivious' facade, by chatting away, and pretending to be interested in how his life has been. Himchan can't help but sneakily enjoy the short replies from Kyungwook, as he now goes to unlock his vehicle, for the man to place his luggage into. Although, because Himchan is currently far too entertained, by his taunting act, and subtly scornful words, he fails to notice just how quiet and empty the car park is.

He fails to see how the only things being heard, is his obnoxious voice, and the wheeling of Kyungwook's suitcase on the concrete floor, to be aware of the sudden dark glint, that swiftly appears in the older male's eyes.

Because as Himchan now turns his back towards Kyungwook, he sees this vulnerable sight, as a sign to finally strike.

Pulling out the small pocket knife, that is carefully hidden behind his blazer, the older male swiftly unleashes the blade, to slash it across the younger's arm. The cut isn't as deep as he probably wants it to be, but it's enough to inflict quite a bit of pain. Luckily, Himchan is able to block that out for the time being, as he now sharply whirls his body around, to grab a hold of Kyungwook's wrist, to prevent the blade from piercing into his face. The warm blood from his fresh wound, can be felt seeping through his dress shirt, and gradually spreading outwards, as he struggles to keep the point of the object, away from his eyes.

"You never answered my question," mutters Kyungwook. "Why are you here?"

Himchan lets out a low growl. "To tell your lousy face, that you can't easily get rid of me," he responds, through gritted teeth.

The blade is now dangerously drawing closer, and closer, towards his eyes, but at the very last second, he manages to steer it over towards the left. Kyungwook is taken aback by the abrupt motion, and through this split second, it allows Himchan to further catch him off guard, by landing a punch on him. A grunt chokes out from the man, as the knife now slips from his hold. Himchan takes the opportunity to hastily kick the weapon away, so that it's now out of the other male's reach. It makes Kyungwook's expression scrunch even more, now that he's regained himself, to continue his dark glare.

Returning the equally piercing stare, Himchan boldly takes a step forward. "That night, when I went out, to relax on my own; you drugged me, and then tried to drown me, didn't you?" he openly demands.

The corner of Kyungwook's lips lift up a little, as he lets out a scoff. "And what if I did?" sneers the man. "What if it was me? I was only doing everyone a favour, since you're such an ungrateful brat."

Himchan is unaffected by his comment, as he continues to look at the older male, with his steely expression.

"Everyone in the company hates you," spits Kyungwook. "And I've put up with your spoilt ways for far too long, as there's only so much that I can tolerate, before wanting to take action." The man continues on, allowing for the anger within him, to voice out his inner, and most bitter, thoughts. "You don't deserve the life that you have," snarls Kyungwook. "You don't deserve to be spoon fed, because you don't appreciate the things being handed to you. It makes my blood boil every time, to see how your non-existent efforts, manage to bring you all of these opportunities, which I would kill to get."

And with those words, Kyungwook now makes a sudden dash towards the knife, to then charge back over towards Himchan.

"I will never understand, how I have to put in twice the amount of effort that you do, just to get my message across!" growls man. "I'm constantly reading, and researching, and attending meetings, and exhibitions, just to gather as much information as I can, but all of my hard work, always becomes tossed to the side, by you—! You are uninformed about what people want, and have absolutely no idea, about the graphs that get presented through our talks—it's probably also a miracle, whenever you actually turn up to the meetings that are hold, instead of 'playing' around, like how you always do."

The murderous look continues to darken on the older man's facial features, as his attempts on plunging the knife into Himchan's flesh, now become more rapid.

"Which reminds me," says Kyungwook. "I forbid you to be involved with Yejin."

It's been a while since he's heard her name being voiced out, and because of his body's minor pause, Himchan now has a small cut, right across his left cheekbone.

The new injury makes Kyungwook's eyes light up with satisfaction. "You've already taken my ranking, and the praise that I deserve, so I can't allow you, to take her away from me, either," he states. "If Namjoon had told me that you were clinging onto her sooner, then I wouldn't have hired those people to—"

He doesn't need to even finish off the next part of his sentence, for Himchan to feel a surge of fury, rush through him.

"Bastard!" he barks out. "So it was you, who planned to have that car crash into us?!" Himchan uses his leg to knock Kyungwook over, where he then jumps onto him, to reach out for the weapon, to unarm the man once more. "She could have died that day, and it would have been all your fault!"

"My fault?" repeats Kyungwook, rather incredulously. "Don't you mean your fault? It would be your fault, because you weren't supposed to be there—you're not supposed to be anywhere near her, or here—which is why I've decided to dispose of you on my own."

With a sudden strength that he didn't think was possible, Himchan now finds himself knocked over, where the impact of the fall, temporarily stuns him for a second.

Himchan opens his eyes just in time to see Kyungwook now raise the blade up high, and even though he tries his best not to react to it, he still finds his eyes widening just a tad bit. Kyungwook's hand only gets to inch forward by a bit, before a loud gun shot is heard. The weapon falls out of the elder’s hand, as a pained cry, emits from him. He goes to protectively cradle his wounded hand, all while wondering where the bullet had come from. And then before either of them know it, they're suddenly being surrounded by numerous police cars, who are all aiming their guns towards the man.

"Park Kyungwook, you are under arrest, for attempted murder," states a young, brunette male. "Anything that you say, can and will be used against you, so I advise you to think wisely, before speaking."

The police don't exactly give him enough time to respond, as they harshly connect those metal changed rings, around his wrists. Kyungwook is bewildered, to the point of confusion, but refrains himself from uttering a word, as he's now being shoved towards one of the vehicles. The flashing colour of the sirens, swirling away, grabs the attention of a couple of people from within the airport, as they ponder to themselves, at what had happened, for there to be such a sight. Himchan is gradually helped up, and the person is careful, about his injuries.

"What took you so long?" complains the dark haired male, with an unamused expression. "For a second there, I really thought I was going to die!"

Youngjae blinks a little, before a small smile, tugs on his lips. "You demanded that I come out at exactly 10," he says. "And you were complaining that you wouldn't have it any other way, even though I told you the risks of me not arriving earlier."

Himchan frowns, but keeps quiet, as he knows that the brunette is right. A paramedic now approaches the two, to assist with Himchan's wounds, and the reminder of his cuts, now makes him slightly wince. Youngjae's eyebrows crease a little, as the dark haired male's jacket is now removed, to expose the huge dark red stain, on his upper arm. Seeing this, Himchan smirks a little (despite the stinging from the medicine being dabbed on), to casually inform him that the injury is 'nothing'. But because Youngjae has been trained to be a close observer, he can easily tell that Himchan is faking his confidence.

Shaking his head a little, the brunette now sees a small, listening device, being handed to him. Himchan signals for him to take it, and then goes on to explain how everything that Kyungwook had said to him, had managed to be recorded on there, like how they had hoped for—it will be a vital piece of evidence, if the man happens to ask for a lawyer. While still on the topic of Kyungwook, Youngjae now tells Himchan about the undercover worker, who had been informing the man about Himchan's rough whereabouts, which explains the sudden disappearance of those files, that was supposed to kept by Youngjae himself.

The two gradually fall into a silence, as the paramedic now smooths out the tiny bandage on Himchan's cheek. He thanks the woman with a civil nod of his head, who in returns shows him a kind smile, just before packing away her things. Youngjae advises that Himchan should probably go to the hospital, to get his cuts further checked, but the dark haired male shrugs it off. The brunette can now hear him mumbling to himself, something about him liking his shirt, and that it's quite a pity, to have the high quality garment, be marked like this.

A small sigh falls out of Youngjae, as he wonders how Himchan can be thinking of such a thing, right at this moment. He then advises for the dark haired male to follow him, as he's worried that his condition isn't suitable for driving himself home. Himchan frowns a little, before finally deciding that it's best to corporate—his car will be delivered home to him, and he figures that it's best to have Youngjae there with him, to help explain to his household about all the blood, Kyungwook's intensions, and pretty much, everything.

"Have you seen Yejin noona lately?" speaks up the young, police detective.

But all Himchan does, is glance over at him, before redirecting his gaze back to the front, to continue walking.

Youngjae can feel the awkwardness creeping in, but he chooses to set it aside, and proceed on. "She seems a little preoccupied lately," comments the brunette. "And I'm not sure why, but something tells me that she isn't exactly herself."

Feeling irked, Himchan's expression now become firmer with annoyance, and the discomfort in his chest, makes him further frown with that pinch of guilt. "I haven't seen her," he states, after letting out an irritated sigh. "And I don't plan to, for as long as I live."

Youngjae is taken aback by the older male's sudden seriousness, and the harsh words that he has just said, makes him feel extremely perplexed.

Another aggravated exhale groans out from Himchan, as he now gives his tongue a bitter click. "You know what?" he lightly says. "I think I'm well enough to drive myself home."

The older male's airy tone makes the younger one's expression crinkle with a bit of wariness, as he can see that there's something wrong, although he's not exactly sure what. As Youngjae silently watches Himchan's figure leave him, one of the officers now approach the brunette, to question why the dark haired male is not coming with him. Youngjae can only respond with a frown, as he doesn't know the answer, but the worker takes this as a sign, to now approach Himchan himself. Although before he can even take a step, he's stopped by an arm being placed out in front of him.

"Don't," says Youngjae. "Just let him."

The man is about to open his mouth to say something, but then chooses to remain silent instead.

"He'll be okay..." is all the brunette eventually murmurs.