Disaster

Trouble in Paradise

Opening the front door, I tiredly make my way inside, just before closing it behind me. A groan comes out of my lips, as I carelessly kick off my shoes, and then collapse onto the sofa. The restaurant was packed like crazy today and running back and forth, has made me exhausted. Even though I had an early start, I'm lucky that my shift went for only five hours, so it wasn't too bad.

Closing my eyes, I allow myself to absorb in the peace to soothe out my aching self (and mind), but it’s shortly interrupted by a burst of laughter.

It’s Himchan, and he’s laughing at something on the television.

He must be so amused at the show, because even though I am literally a couple of seats away from him, he doesn’t acknowledge my presence, to say a polite hello of some sort. My eyes then slowly take a look at our surrounding, and I suddenly feel tired all over again.

There’s a mini pile of snack wrappers building up on the coffee table, along with some used tissues. DVDs accompany this mess, and not to mention, a few empty mugs, being placed here and there. I look into the direction of the kitchen from where I’m sitting, and silently groan, when I'm reminded of the pile of dishes that need cleaning.

The weary feeling becomes worst, when I then remember how I also have to give the place a vacuum, fold the clothes, and put the worn ones into the washing machine.

And not only do I have to worry about those, but I also have to think of what to make for dinner tonight, and then calculate the amount needed for the upcoming bills, along with figuring out how much to further subtract from that, to put aside for my university fund.

My gaze lands back on Himchan, and I frown.

“Why can’t you help me with anything?” I exasperatedly voice out, rather loudly.

Himchan’s eyes are still stuck onto the television screen. “Huh, help you with what?” he distractedly says.

I roll my eyes at him; “Help me with keeping the apartment tidy!”

This manages to break his focus on the TV, as he then finally gives me all of his attention. “What, why do I have to do all of the cleaning?” he says, not looking very pleased.

My eyebrows rise with skepticism, as I then let out a scoff; “Because I’m out earning money to keep a roof over our heads, and put food on the table!”

That’s it.

Something inside me snaps, and I continue to yell at him about how much money I have to pay, blurting out the bills that I could think of at the top of my head, and how it’s not fair to see him lounging around like a couch potato, while I work my off. Himchan (being the stuck-up thing that he is) replies to me with the most childish comebacks, and it just makes me angrier about this whole thing.

Unbelievable.

So this is what I get, for wanting to do a good deed, by helping someone out, only to get screwed over by them in return, for mooching a place to stay?

Exhaling out slowly, I then get up from my spot. “I should have just left you at the hospital,” I angrily mutter, before going into my room.

Slamming the door shut, I then walk over to my bed, and lie down on it.

I'm too cross to do anything right now, so I shut my eyes, and allow sleep to take over me.

———————————————

The next time I go to open my eyes, they slowly flutter open, and I blink for a bit, until my vision clears up. I then let out a small yawn, and roll over onto my other side, to see how the clock on my nightstand read 4:30pm.

Considering how I slept for an hour and a half, I feel great!

Getting out of my bed, I stretch out my limbs, and then gradually make my way out into lounge room, for a glass of water.

Although, after a couple of steps, surprised-confusion hits me, as I am met with a very tidy-looking apartment. I'm taken aback by the sudden neatness, and for a split second, I’m worried that I might have just woken up in the wrong apartment. The mess on the coffee table is cleared, and even the cushions have been nicely placed, to compliment the couch.

Oh, except for this one.

My hands reach out to fix the positioning of it, but then something shiny from underneath makes me lift a curious eyebrow.

And to my horror, there, behind the cushion, is a small pile of the empty snack packets.

Seeing this, my wary mind then tells me to go and knock off all of the other cushions, and when I do, I end up finding more hidden trash. None of this was on the couch that Himchan would usually sit on, but I’m sure there was more than this.

So if he hid these here, then where could he have hide the rest?

Praying that I wouldn't find any more, my answer is soon discovered, as I accidentally stick my hand in underneath the coffee table, to be met with a whole bunch of plastic wrappers, and used tissues.

And as I push the coffee table over, I manage to unearth the rest of the trash, which makes me narrow my eyes.

What has this crazy boy gone and done to the place?!

I leave the mess behind, and then make my way into the kitchen. The stack of dishes has been finished, but upon closer inspection, there are bubbles everywhere. They have obviously not been properly cleaned, and when the corner of my eye catches sight of something white on the smooth floor, I gasp.

It’s a broken piece of glass, and with furrowed eyebrows, I try to decipher if it’s from a plate, a bowl, or a drinking glass.

But it’s hard, because as I back away from it, to make sure that I don’t cut my feet, I step into something wet. It makes me jump with a slight cringe, and when I become aware that it’s coming from the small laundry room, I gulp.

Sliding the white door open, I then switch on the light, and the sight before me makes me want to cry.

Tonnes of bubbles spill from the open mouth of the washing machine, as the floor is covered in a small layer of soapy water. I groan to myself with a whimper, and decide right there and then, that I have to find the culprit, before he continues his path of destruction.

Exiting the room, I then find myself power-walking over towards the small balcony, and with a harsh slide of the door, I step outside to see dripping clothes in the process of being hung on the clothes line. Himchan picks up an extremely soggy jacket with a pinch of his fingers, looking as though the thing was going to eat him, and then goes to fling it onto the line with a grunt. I watch as he lets out a huff, and then proceeds to shake his hand, with a wrinkle of his nose.

He then turns around to stretch for a bit, and when he sees me, he pouts.

“Yejin-ah,” he begins, sounding defeated. “This cleaning stuff hurts, and I’m tired.”

But my mind immediately dismisses that. “Yah!” I sneer. “What have you done to my home?!”

Himchan knits his eyebrows together. “I’m cleaning like how you want me to, since you were complaining that I don’t do anything,” he explains, as though it was very obvious.

My hand meets with my face, as I begin to shake my head. “I think I prefer you not doing anything instead,” I mumble.

Himchan clicks his tongue in annoyance. “Aish, make up your mind!” he retorts. “You yell at me when I’m innocently watching TV, but you still yell at me, when I try to make an effort to help you!”

I look up in time to see him turn away with a grumpy expression, and strangely enough, it makes me chortle.

The sound of my giggling makes him snap at me. “What?” he roughly demands.

I shake my head, and with a small (yet tired) smile, then let out a sigh. “Nothing,” I murmur. “You just have a lot to learn.”

———————————————

A/N: My parents have actually imagined me to be THIS bad with household chores, and even though I heard them talking to each other about this a long time ago, I still shake my head at their crazy assumption, (because it's like; wow, do you guys really think that low of me?! LOL) and just thought it would be funny to add it into the story. So I guess we can all thank them for me finding ~inspiration~ from that or something, hahaha.

Because remember, so far, aside from being able to see how picky/whiney/needy Himchan is, it's also hinted that he's from a wealthy background of some sort, meaning that with the way he is (you know, complaining about things being dirty, but then contradicts himself, by making a huge mess, and not cleaning up after himself) he probably wouldn't have ever had to touch a single soiled plate, right? ;D

Anyways, I love you guys so much for reading, subscribing, and commenting, ugh; I don't know how else to show you all my appreciation, except maybe aerial-dive into you all or something, LOL.