Where Did You Go?

Trouble in Paradise

As I finish organising how much of my pay check to leave aside for the bills and whatnot, I let out a hum of content, to see that I have quite a bit, to treat myself with.

And since I haven't exactly gone out shopping for myself in quite a while, I think I might just do this soon.

With that happy thought in mind, I then begin to contemplate on possibly going out tomorrow, when the sound of something sizzling from within the kitchen, breaks me away from that idea. I get up from my spot, and slowly creep towards the source of the noise, and when I see the cause of it, I find my facial expressions softening at the sight.

Himchan's back greets me, as he can be seen cooking a couple of eggs, in a frying pan.

I find myself quietly watching him for a while, until my gaze slowly lowers itself back down onto the cash in my hands.

Rolling it up, I then hastily tuck it into the pocket of my pyjama pants, just before Himchan turns around, to greet me.

I respond to him with a small smile, and when I see how he's wearing my strawberry-patterned apron, I can't help but giggle a little to myself. Himchan blinks at me, and then goes to bluntly ask me why and what I'm laughing at, but I shake my head, telling him that it's nothing. The food he ends up setting down for us to eat, (an American styled breakfast) looks rather decent, and it's only then, that I've realised just how much (and rather quickly), his culinary skills have improved.

Impressed, I find myself a little surprised, to approve of the taste, and when I go to compliment it, Himchan obviously eats the praise, which makes his (already) big ego, bigger than it already is.

"So, I was thinking," I begin, after taking a sip of some juice.

“Oh, that doesn’t sound good,” snorts Himchan.

I give him a pointed look, but go on, to dismiss his sassy comment to the side. "Anyway, since I don't have work today, why don't we go out?" I suggest.

Surprise appears on his face. "Really?!" pipes up the blonde.

I nod my head. "Yeah, you've been really good lately, by helping me out with all the house work, so I want to treat you," I enlighten.

Himchan's eyes begin to sparkle; "So...that means that you'll buy me, anything?!"

I blink at him for a bit. "Uh...I guess...?" I unsurely reply.

Hearing this makes him immediately hoot out in excitement, and I can’t help but shake my head at him, as I go back to eating my food.

———————————————

So instead of using the extra money to spend on myself, like how I had originally planned, I decided that it wouldn't hurt to use it on Himchan instead.

And because of that, I then tell him that he can pick wherever he wants to go, (which made him perk up even more than usual) but I think I'm starting to regret this, because he has just dragged me into an expensive branded clothing stall.

I force a smile over at the cashier when we meet eyes, just before making my way over towards a certain blonde, at one of the clothing racks.

Himchan pulls out a nice looking sweater. “I want this one,” he notifies.

I’m about to agree with him, until my sight lands on the price tag, making me involuntarily squeak out a gasp. “No,” I instantly say, with a firm shake of my head; “Put that back.”

Hearing this automatically makes his eyebrows crumple together in discontentment; “What, why not?”

I jab my index finger towards the ridiculously high priced label. “Look at how much it costs!” I hiss. “Come on, we can find a better one, where the fee isn’t so insane.”

But Himchan proceeds to shake his head, not agreeing with my offer, and yanks the jumper away, before I can reach out for it. “No, I want this one,” he stubbornly claims. “You said that you would buy me whatever I wanted!”

My teeth grit together, as I let out an exasperated sigh. “Yeah, but I don’t exactly have 100,000 won lying around, for a stupid sweater!” I growl. “You can buy a decent one, for just 30,000.”

Himchan rolls his eyes at me. “But this is good quality,” he attempts to reason, with a huff. “Here, feel it!”

ing the garment out towards my face, I’m forced to touch the soft jumper, and even though it really does feel like decent material, I just honestly can’t find it being worth this much.

“I’m still not paying for it,” I grumble. “So put it back.”

Himchan makes a frustrated sound. “Ugh, you don’t know anything,” he mutters, just loud enough for me to hear.

This makes me let out a scoff. “Excuse me?” I say, with a raised eyebrow.

“You’re excused,” sneers the blonde.

I brush that know-it-all remark out of the way. “I’m pretty sure I know more than you,” I angrily retort. “Now come on; put this back, so we can get a move on.”

Reaching out for the sweater, I attempt to pull it out of Himchan’s hold once more, but he doesn’t let go.

“No!” yells the persistent male, very crossly. “You don’t know anything, because this is the best sweater ever!”

As the two of us go to engage into a mini tug-o-war, I can sense more attention being drawn towards us, making me furrow my brows together, in seriousness.

“Himchan,” I calmly begin, but in a strict voice. “People are starting to stare, so you better stop this right now.”

But he's unaffected by my stern command. “Oh, are they, now?” he replies, in an equally low murmur. “Good, let them stare; I don’t care.”

“Himchan!” I hiss. “Listen to me—“

“Yah!” shouts the blonde, making me slightly jump, with the sudden increase of volume in his voice. “You don’t know anything!” He continues on; “You don’t know anything about life, but more importantly, you don't know anything about love!”

Taken aback, his random comment makes me shriek; "What?!"

By now, the curious pairs of eyes from various people inside the huge shop all direct their gaze towards us, from their spots.

“Omo, what’s going on?” ponders a woman, from nearby.

Her friend shrugs her shoulders. “A lover’s quarrel?” she guesses.

As the people begin to whisper and murmur amongst themselves, I can feel my face start to become flush, from anger.

And I’m not sure how they came to this conclusion, but from what I’m overhearing from the many conversations, the people appear to believe that I am the one who has done wrong, and heck; some of them are even feeling sorry for Himchan! 

A victorious smirk decorates his face, as he smugly stares me down, and it only grows, when I slowly let go of the jumper in defeat.

I let out a small sigh, and then straighten myself up. “Fine,” I surrender, as coolly as I can. "Do whatever you want; I'm going to the bathroom."

Himchan lets out a snicker. "Well hurry back, because my sweater and I will be waiting here for you," he says, in a sing-song voice.

I roll my eyes at his mocking comment, and then quickly exit the shop, with a mental groan at the eyes still on us.

———————————————

When I'm finished with my business, I find myself grumbling, at the thought of going back to Himchan and his stupid, overly-priced jumper.

I bet it's something that he won't even wear twice, so it's even more of a reason for me not to buy it!

Letting out a frustrated huff, I find my annoyance slowly dissolve away, as the sight of a cute accessory store from a few feet away, suddenly catches my eye. I slowly start to make my way over towards it, and once I'm close enough, I see that the table is decorated in many, many, intricate objects.

The designs all vary in shapes and sizes, yet they all hold a quirky (yet beautiful), 'historical' look to it.

"Hello," says a voice. "Do you need any help?"

I look up to see a male wearing a bandanna, with braided hair. "No," I politely decline, slightly taken aback, by his strange hairstyle. "I'm just having a look, thanks."

He shows me a kind smile. "Alright then, take your time," he says, and then goes to approach another customer, on the other side.

I watch as this odd-looking character happily serves the girl, as she questions him about the necklaces being on display. He has a soft-looking face, but his bizarre hair sort of confuses me. As I begin to busy myself with trying on a couple of the rings, I see another male enter behind the stand, with a huge box. He lets out a grunt, followed by a huff of air, as he eventually manages to place down the heavy supplies.

And just like his co-worker, this guy is also sporting a somewhat unique hairstyle, under his black baseball cap; caramel dyed frizzy hair.

When our eyes meet, I politely smile at him a little, just before returning my attention back to the rings.

"Do you need any help?" offers the male, as he pushes up fake black-rimmed glasses.

I shake my head once more. "No, I'm fine, thanks," I assure. "I'm just having a browse, and...I can't help but notice how vintage your things are, it's really nice."

He smiles, pleased to hear the compliment. "Thanks," he says. "These things actually date back to the 19th century."

My lips form into a circle of surprise; "Whoa, really?"

Suddenly, the two rings on my fingers, feel much more precious than I thought they were.

"So if they're as old like how you say they are," I warily begin. "Then how do you bring yourself to just...I don't know, pull them apart like that?"

The eccentric-looking male blinks at me for a bit, just before chuckling at my horrified expression. "We don't exactly 'take them apart'," he says. "We just spice things up a little, and make them somewhat more...interesting, I guess?"

He then pulls out a simple, generic necklace from nearby, to show me the bland circular pendant.

After that's done, he then pulls out the chain from around his neck, to show me the intricate design, to compare the differences of how the latter is much more pleasing for the eye. I nod in awe, as he then goes into further detail, of how he and his best friend, (who is the other guy in the shop, now known as Taeyang) often go thrifting (as a hobby), which is how they manage to find these quirky accessories, to turn it into their own things, and leisurely sell.

And I guess after seeing how indecisive I am, with picking out which ring to buy, I see how his eyes roam around for one, just before swiftly plucking it up from its spot.

"I think this one suits you," he says, while holding out his palm.

I take the ring out of his hand, and then slip it onto my index finger. "Hmm..." Holding my hand out, I then study it for a bit; "This one seems a little plain, because I like the ones with the little jewel."

"Really?" muses the guy. An entertained grin then forms on his face, as he then starts chuckling to himself; "You know, that's actually kind of cute."

As I go back to contemplating on whether to buy the one that he's picked out, or the other ring, that I keep finding myself coming back to, a sudden thought hits me.

Himchan.       

Oh God, how long have I been standing here for?

What if he's gone and done something stupid, oh my goodness—

I quickly put down the two items in my hands, with an apologetic expression. "I'm sorry," I say, feeling somewhat troubled. "I just remembered that I have to be somewhere right now, I'm really sorry."

The male shakes his head, with a comforting look. "Hey, it's alright," he reassures. "We're not going anywhere, so you can always come back; just go and do what you need to do."

But even though he seems to be fine with me not buying anything, I still feel somewhat guilty.

I know how aggravating it feels, to have someone stand there at your shop for a really long time, only to not buy anything in the end.

So I do the next best thing, and ask for their business card, which he willingly hands over to me.

And as soon as my eyes read the familiar looking logo's label, a sense of awareness washes over me.

"GD&TY," I mumble to myself. "Hey, don't you guys do some DJ-ing, for some underground clubs?"

His eyes light up with astonishment. "Yes, we do!" he cheerfully replies. "You know us?"

Ah, so that explains the interesting appearance, from these two; apparently GD&TY are said to be an exotic duo, who always manages to hold the best partying events.

"Sort of," I say. "You guys probably know a friend of mine. His name is Yongguk; Bang Yongguk?"

He thinks for a second, until something clicks within his mind. "Oh!" he exclaims. "Yes, we do! Yongguk-sshi is a very hard worker."

I smile a little, feeling somewhat proud. "Since he respects you a lot, he'll be happy to hear that," I say, with a chortle. "Anyway, I really have to go now, so I hope you and Taeyang-sshi have a nice day, and that you sell a lot!"

With a thankful smile, Jiyong then says his goodbye to me, just before gradually returning his attention back to the stand.

———————————————

Huffing and puffing, I finally reach the shop, where Himchan and his expensive sweater are.

Although, as I slowly enter the place, and begin to scan my eyes around the area, confusion slowly sweeps over me.

Where is Himchan?

My feet make a trip to every bit and corner of the store, until I eventually find myself back to where I had started, once more. Baffled, I examine the place one more time, but still feel as puzzled as ever. I think my confusion is quite obvious, because the lady at the counter suddenly pipes up, asking me if I'm “looking for my boyfriend”, and because it's just easier to nod and agree, she gives me a small smile, just before telling me how he had left the store a while ago.

Oh great, where did he go?

I then proceed to ask her if she has any idea of which direction he could have gone to, but she shakes her head at me, making me frown.

Thanking her for her input, I then leave the place, feeling unsure of what to do.

Kim Himchan, where could you have possibly run off to?

Because I honestly pray that you're not doing anything stupid.