Underwear Shopping

Trouble in Paradise

More underwear?” I warily repeat.

I know how vital underwear is, which was why one day after work, I quickly went to buy some for him, only to realise how hard it is, to have no knowledge of his size. So I grabbed whatever looked decent enough to fit him, and when I went to go and pay for them, the checkout guy gave me the strangest look, when he was putting them in the bag for me.

"They're a little uncomfortable," Himchan says, taking me away from my thoughts.

A nervous chortle comes out of me. "Oh, okay then," I sheepishly say. "Um, I guess we’ll go and buy some more, then?"

Himchan follows me, as I lead the way, all while trying to calculate how much money I would possibly be using. When we enter the place, I then tell him to pick out what he wants, while making sure to stress the point about quantity. But as he looks around, I realise that what I’ve just said, has most likely gone in his ear, and then straight out the other, so I shake my head at him, grumbling to myself.

Standing there for a while, I notice that he’s taking a while to browse, so I then tell him that I'll be over in the women's section, but he refuses.

“No, stay here and help me pick out the designs,” he orders.

I frown at him, “No one’s going to look at what you’re wearing underneath, so just pick whatever.”

Himchan then wriggles his eyebrows, with a sly smile. “You never know,” he sings, in a shifty tone.

“No,” I robotically say. “You’re not going to be prancing around the apartment in just your underwear.”

“But what if I’m dying of dehydration?!” he debates.

“Then you drown yourself in water!” I defend, with a huff. “Goodness, what does dying of thirst even have to do with this?”

“Yah,” he boldly calls out, and then holds up something for me; “Stripes or spots?”

In his hands, are two pairs of boxers; both white, but one has blue stripes, while the other is decorated with green spots. Himchan begins to alternate between the two, switching them back and forth on himself, as he waits for my answer.

I stare at them for a bit, before deciding; “Stripes.”

“Yeah, I think so, too,” he quickly agrees, while putting the other one back. “The spots look a little weird.”

I shake my head at him, as my hand meets with my forehead. “Honestly, no one cares, so just—“

My sentence is suddenly interrupted, as Himchan excitedly calls me. “Hey hey hey,” he eagerly says; “Leopard prints or checkers?”

I give him a strange wary look, and my lack of response causes him to shrug, where he then decides to take them both. With the way that Himchan is handling this, (as in he’s leisurely taking his time to pick and choose what he thinks looks good) I have a feeling that I’m going to be stuck here for a while.

And I’m right, because I find out that it takes him fifteen minutes to decide between two different patterns, but then he then takes another fifteen minutes, to strike certain vain poses with it, and it’s exceedingly painful, when he ends up deciding that he doesn’t want it anymore.

Which means that we end up wasting roughly half an hour, of him realising that he’s (as quoted from himself), “not feeling it”.

And I swear, every time when those words would come out of his mouth, I would have the urge, to just bury him in all of the underwear from around us.

“Hey, do you think I could be an underwear model?” asks Himchan, from out of nowhere.

“Um...” I slowly begin, “Underwear models are usually...uh, toned?”

“What is that supposed to mean, huh?” he snaps, not looking very pleased.

I give him a shrug. “That you’re not exactly built?” I nonchalantly say, “I mean, if you were more like Yong—uh,” My eyes widen, and I immediately bite down my tongue.

Himchan gives me a pointed look. “If I was more like what?” he probes.

“Nothing,” I reply, with a synthetic smile. “Um, I’m just going to be over there, now, so I’ll meet you near the escalator thing, yeah? Awesome, cool, see you.”

But after I take a step, my flustered feeling disappears as I’m suddenly reminded about Himchan’s hopelessness at deciding of how much ‘a lot’ is. I swiftly turn around to strictly remind him to not bring me the whole stall, and make sure to stress on the part about running low on money.

"Seriously, if you bring me back a thousand pairs of briefs or boxers or whatever the heck you prefer to wear, I will throw you off the Namsan Tower!" I threaten.

Himchan gives me a smirk. "Then I'll just bring back nine hundred, and ninety nine pairs," he smugly replies.

"Ugh," I groan, "You know what I mean!"

Giving my head a shake, I then begin to walk away, before his laughter can be heard. I find my annoyance slowly decreasing, as I now start to busy myself with a couple of bras and undies. Most of these are so pricey, so in the end, I agree to just take two sets with me. And it’s not like I’m in desperate need of new underwear, so I allow myself to pick out the ones that I think are cute, since everything else that I have is just plain.

I'm about to start heading back over to Himchan's side, when I am greatly startled, by a bra and underwear set, being shoved into my face.

“Get this one,” orders the voice, and my brows instinctively join together, upon realising who it is.

Pursing his lips to the side in thought, Himchan casually begins to look through the section of bras, and when I actually take a proper look at the one that he has given me, I mechanically rotate my head towards him.

“Leopard print,” I mutter. “Really, Himchan, really?”

He blinks at me, just before breaking out into a grin. “What?” he innocently says. “We’ll match!”

I gape at him for a bit, not knowing what to say. “Well,” I begin, feeling not as chirpy as he seems to be. “It’s the wrong size, because I’m actually a C.”

Himchan’s eyebrows rise in amusement, as the corner of his lips then curve up into a devilish smirk. “Oh, you’re actually bigger than I thought,” he cheekily muses. “I would have remembered if we, you know, had more y time or something.”

With creased eyebrows, my cheeks begin to pink from embarrassment. “Me, you, and ‘y time’, don’t all go in the same sentence, together!” I yell.

He frowns, and the way that he does it, I can tell that he’s mocking me. “Yejinnie, why are you so shy?” he teases. “Did we use to do our underwear shopping separately, or something?”

I decide to ignore his question, and take in a deep breath, to slowly exhale out; “I told you to meet me near the elevator.”

“But you were taking too long,” he complains, and then adds; “And the bras you picked out are so boring.”

“They’re not boring, they’re cute!” I angrily reply. “Tsk, why am I even yelling at you about this, it’s not like you’re the one who’ll be wearing them.”

“Yeah,” he agrees. “But I’ll be seeing them around...and will eventually be taking them off of you...so yeah...?”

“Yah—!” I shriek, only to get it muffled, by him dropping all of the underwear in his hold, into my arms.

I growl at him, but he shrugs it off, and then begins to make his way over towards the counter.

This makes me even more annoyed, and I'm not sure whether to picture me socking him in the face, or be relieved that he miraculously brought back a decent amount of underwear. I decide to save the first option for later, as I soon reach the counter, to be greeted by a perky worker. She's all smiley, and cheerfully points out her liking of the sets that I have picked out, but then makes it really awkward, when she gives me a mischievous wink.

"I'm sure your boyfriend likes them too," she hushes, with a giggle.

Thankfully, Himchan is occupied by something from afar to hear this, and I try my best to hide my cringe with forced laughter.

When everything is paid, she hands me the bag, wishing me to have a good day, and I thank her, telling her the same thing as well.

I grab Himchan on the way out, shaking my head at the cheery worker, as I can feel her eyes on us.

Why can't I ever buy underwear, without it being awkward?

The ones that I picked out aren't even ual in any way, (the only 'decorative' thing about them, is that tiny bow!) so why is she even thinking of us having y time?

Oh God, 'y time' with Himchan is a no-no.

"Yah," snaps a voice, followed by the sound of a click of their fingers.

I blink, and then turn towards them. "What?" I reply, in the same tone.

"Geez, someone's snappy," comments Himchan. "But did you hear me?"

"No," I sharply answer.

With a roll of his eyes, Himchan then lets out a sigh. "I said," he begins. "Where are we going now?"

I shrug my shoulders. "I don't know," I nonchalantly say. "How about we sit down somewhere, for a bit?"