Bang!

Trouble in Paradise

The next morning, when I go to open my eyes, relief stirs in me, at the thought of not having to go to work today.

Being effected by Yongguk from yesterday's event had caused me to constantly twist and turn in my bed, making my attempts on falling asleep, to be a very unpleasant one. Himchan was rather oblivious to my dull mood (and probably enjoyed it), as I didn't really argue with whatever he said, by letting a majority of his spiteful comments slide by. A sigh comes out of me, as I eventually force myself to leave my bed, and then head over to the bathroom, for my daily morning routine.

When I'm finished, and feel refreshed, I then head out, where my feet automatically begin to lead me over to Himchan's whereabouts.

And once again, he's in the kitchen, in the midst of preparing something for us to eat.

I walk over to the fridge to grab out the jug of water, and proceed to pour it into a glass for me to drink.

"Yah, what's wrong with you?" questions Himchan, from out of the blue. "You're still mopey?" My odd look encourages him to continue on; "I admit, there were heaps of times, where I wished for you to stop yelling at me, and just be quiet, but then I realised how boring it is, when you don't talk to me."

Himchan continues to coax me (or more like hassles me) into informing him of the reasoning behind my blank mood, but I choose not to say anything, and begin to wash up my used glass, as a way to occupy myself from him for a bit.

When the glass is clean, I then set it down onto the drying rack, and turn to him. "I'm just feeling a little under the weather," I lie, with a casual shrug of my shoulders. Changing the topic, I then nod towards the pan in front of him; "What are you making?"

The blonde blinks at me for a bit, just before turning his attention back to the stove. "Pancakes," he brightly announces. "And you better eat a lot of them, since you barely ate anything from dinner last night."

I don't say anything, and just continue to watch, as he smoothly scoops out the evenly cooked slices, out onto a plate.

As Himchan goes to turn off the stove, and then place the used cooking utensils into the sink, I then take the plates of food, and place them down onto the table for us to eat. The cutlery has already been laid out beforehand, so I don't need to worry about that. It's still a little abnormal, but the small gesture of having the table already set out, is a really nice change. Taking my seat first, I then wait for Himchan to join me, just before actually cutting into the food.

And just like every other time that he goes to cook me something, I can feel his expectant stare on me, eyeing me down, as I go to taste the food.

"It's good," I eventually say, after swallowing down the pancake.

Himchan lifts his chin up in his usual smug manner, as he goes to proudly cross his arms together. "Obviously, since it's made by me," comes his conceited response. But his cocky expression then quickly turns into a grumpy (yet playful) looking pout. "So because you say it's good, then I'm expecting you to eat every piece," he orders. "And just to make sure of that happening, I even went and cut up some strawberries for you."

Moving my eyes over to the sliced up fruit, I stare at it for a bit. 

The thought of someone waking up a little earlier than usual, just to make sure that I have the 'best' looking cut-up strawberries, makes a tiny smile itch itself onto my lips. "Wow, you really went all out on this, huh?" I muse. "But...I actually just like my pancakes with syrup."

An alarmed look flashes onto Himchan's face, as his jaw pretty much drops down towards the table. "So you're saying that I woke up extra early, just to make sure that these stupid strawberries look decent, are all done for nothing?!" he yells out, in disbelief.

His outburst causes a giggle to slip out of me. "I'm afraid so," I sheepishly admit.

"Ugh!" groans the blonde, in frustration. "You know what? This gives you even more of a reason for you to eat every bite, because you can't just let my effort all go to waste like that." 

Laughing some more, I just nod my head at him, and go along with the flow, grateful for his effort.

Maybe I should have just lied to him about liking fruits with my pancakes.

———————————————

By the time the two of us have finished all of the housework together, I decide to relax a bit on the couch with the television, as Himchan buries his nose into a fictional book that he had found in the house, when cleaning. I had completely forgotten about owning this book, but he seems to like it quite a lot, so I guess it's a good thing, that I have it. As I continue to watch the random Japanese drama that I had been able to stumble across, my non-existent knowledge of the language, prevents me to fully enjoy what is currently happening.

And because there are no subtitles, I'm just forced to guess what is taking place.

A group of guys are speaking to each other, and judging by the tone of their voices, I'm assuming that it's probably something important. Two female manikins are suddenly pulled out into the scene, and the leader-looking guy points towards them, while holding out a digital camera in his hand. It's odd though, because a string is tied to the device, which makes me arch an eyebrow at what they're possibly planning.

The three guys talk some more, and then the one holding the camera rises up a hand at the other two, as if signalling for their full attention.

"What...the heck...?" I slowly mumble to myself, as the scene unfolds before me.

The guy with the camera is now seen using the rope, to fling out the device towards the manikin’s legs, treating it as though it were a whip of some kind. Snapping noises is heard with each pull, and I find myself feeling more confused, at what they're doing, when the other two guys who are observing from afar, begin to clap and applaud the camera-guy.

"That guy’s a genius!" comments Himchan, while laughing away.

I blink at him, just before bending an eyebrow. "Wait, you understand this?" I ask, with puzzlement.

Himchan nods his head at me, and my eyes enlarge.

"Huh?" I can't help but blurt out; "You understand Japanese?!"

The blonde nods his head at me once more. "Yeah, I tried to tell you before," he says, with a displeased frown. "I knew you weren't listening, even though you said you were."

I scratch my head a little, with a sheepish grin. "Sorry, I was...uh...preoccupied with my thoughts," I apologetically say. I then quickly shift the topic over to the show in front of us; "But anyway, what's happening? What are they saying?"

"That guy—" begins Himchan, while pointing to the camera-guy, "is teaching those guys—" he says, while gesturing towards the other two left; "—how to stealthily take photos of girl's underwear."

My brows crease together, feeling absurd, at this bizarre ‘technique’; "Seriously?"

"Dead serious," he replies, sniggering slightly. "It's such a unique method; I actually want to try it out."

I shoot him a disgusted look; "Well if you do—"

My sentence is suddenly interrupted, by the sound of a knocking.

The two of us blink at each other, sharing a similar look of bafflement, just before turning our gazes over towards the front door. We stare at it for a bit, until we hear the knocking commence again, except this time, it’s a little louder. Himchan lets out a sudden sneeze, and cringing away from him, I then scold him for wearing such thin layers of clothing. I then advise for him to go and get a sweater to put over his head, just before making my way over to the door.

Himchan grumbles at me, but the sight of my folded arms, force him to reluctantly place down his book, and then head into my room, for the closet.

And when I finally take a peek through the look-out hole, to see who may be on the outside, I instantly gasp, at the sight of a certain blonde-haired male.

What is Yongguk doing here...?!  

———————————————

A/N: I'm not sure why, but I get a really weird feeling that you all don't really like Yongguk...? :'D LOL, I mean, even Youngjae got more love than him, and he was only seen once! Hahahaha, but anyways! Um, just in case you guys think that I don't notice, but on top of you all reading, subscribing, and commenting, I am also very happy to see you upvoting and tweeting about this!

Thank you all so much, I really didn't think many (or any, haha) would upvote or share this out on Twitter ;__;