46

Just A Bet ?

"With Tiffany 

Next Morning

 

"Mmm..." Tiffany stretched her body and yawned . She fell asleep while waiting for Taeyeon and his mum to come back . "Baby ..." she mumbled as she rubbed her sleepy eyes while using her right hand to touch Taeyeon's side of the bed , thinking that he's there .

"Baby ??" She turned to her right and saw no one beside her . Her bed seems so cold and spacious without Taeyeon .

Tiffany sat up and frowned . She took her phone at the nightstand to check calls from either Taeyeon or Mrs Kim . No missed calls nor texts .

"What is this ??? Where the hell is he ?!" She shouted in frustration as she missed him badly and yet Taeyeon disappeared without notice .

She furiously dialled Taeyeon's number .

*the number that you have called is currently unavailable . Ple-* Hangs up

"Urgh ! Kim Taeyeon . Pick up the phone , you idiot !" She exclaimed and called again but yet unavailable .

"Where did you goooo ??????" Tiffany bit her lips , trying to control her tears . It's the first time that Taeyeon is behaving like this .

"AHHHHHHHHH !" She screamed in frustration while punching Taeyeon's side of bed .

Tiffany then went up from bed and walked to the bathroom . After showering and getting ready for school , she went down for breakfast .

"Morning , sweetie ." Mrs and Mr Hwang smiled at her .

Tiffany threw her bag to the next chair before taking a seat . The maids who are serving their breakfast get surprised and looked at her . She never looked that angry or frustrated before .

"What's wrong , sweetie ?" Mrs Hwang asked in concern .

"Nothing ." She frowned and said .

"Does Siwon did to you anything ?" Mrs Hwang asked .

Siwon again siwon again siwon again . CAN'T YOU STOP WITH YOUR SIWON ???? I WANT KIM TAEYEON ! *wails*

"I said , nothing !" Tiffany exclaimed . The maids went back to the kitchen .

 

"What's wrong with her ? Why is she so angry and moody ? And by the way , where's Mrs Kim and Taeyeon ??" Seungah , one of the maid asked .

"I don't know. Both of them are not home since yesterday ." Eunji , another maid replied .

"But but but , I saw the car that Taeyeon always use outside . But he's not here . That's weird . I miss his laughter in the morning ..." Gain , another maid pouted .

"We too .... sigh ..." Seungah and Eunji said in unison .

 

"Tiffany Hwang . Your tone ." Mr Hwang sternly said .

"Sorry ." Tiffany apologised . "I'm leaving for school now ." she quickly said and took her bag . 

"Already ? You just ate a piece of bread ." Mrs Hwang looked at her .

"No appetite ." Tiffany replied moodily as she walked to the door . She took her shoes and wore it before opening the door .

"Tiff . Send my hello to Siwon !" Mrs Hwang smiled .

Tiffany who was facing outside rolled her eyes and said ,"Hmm." 

"Uncle Im !" She exclaimed to Uncle Im who is relaxing at a chair at the backyard while reading newspaper . .

"Yes yes , Ms Hwang ?" Uncle Im quickly rushed over while smiling .

"Send me to school ." She said frustratedly .

"Eh ? Where's Taeyeon ?" Uncle Im looked around .

"Taeyeon ? Even I'm looking for him . Let's go ." She pouted and frowned .

"Oh alright alright . You wait at the car . I'll take the car keys ." Uncle Im said and rushed into the house . Tiffany walked to the car that Uncle Im using . Then a car caught her attention .

"EH ? Isn't this the car that he use ??? Why is it here ??" She said in surprised and frowned even deeper . "Why is the car here but the driver's not here ??? Kim Taeyeon , you will die the moment I see you at school ." She breathes in and out furiously . She softly punched the car .

 

"Ms Hwang ! Let's go ." Uncle Im came back as Tiffany just nodded and entered another car .

 

With Taeyeon

"Taeyeon-ah ..." Mrs Kim shook his body softly .

"Hmm ...." He groaned .

"Are you going to school today ?" She worriedly asked . 

Taeyeon sighed and slowly opened his eyes . His eyes were puffy after crying so much last night . He spaced out for a while , thinking whether he wants to skip school or not . 

Taeyeon rarely skips class because he also treasures studies but at the same time , he knew if he went to school , he will see the face that he do not want to see who is Tiffany .

He sighed again . 

"Do you just want to rest for today ?" Mrs Kim suggested as she sat beside Taeyeon .

"...... It's okay ... I don't want to skip any class ..." Taeyeon slightly smiled .

Mrs Kim shook her head as she acknowledged that sometimes her son can be quite stubborn . "Okay then . Go and get ready for school then . Breakfast is ready ." Mrs Kim Taeyeon's hair before getting up .

Last night , they went for grocery and necessities shopping and some outfits shopping using Taeyeon's money after they cleaned their basement house full of dust .

Taeyeon sat up and ruffled his hair . Arghhh.... I'm not ready to see her .... I don't want to see herr ! Can I ? CAN I ?? *cries* 

"It's okay . I will sit away from her and for the whole day , just do my own business . That's it ." Taeyeon mumbled to himself .

 

At school

"So Ms Hwang . Do I pick you up from school or ?" Uncle Im asked as he parked the car outside the school gate .

"Just pick me up ." She said moodily and grabbed her bag before gets down the car and slammed the door close . She's still pissed off because of Taeyeon .

Uncle Im shook his head and smiled . "Aigoo . Must be couple fight . She really can't control her mood without Taeyeon ."

 

Tiffany quickly rushed to the classroom , not because of late but because she wants to find Taeyeon . She enters the classroom and half of her classmates already settle down on their respective seats . Tiffany's gaze immediately went to the back of the classroom as they always sit there . However , instead seeing Taeyeon's face , she saw Sooyoung and Jessica waving at her .

She frowned and walked to the back . 

"Morning , Tiffany !" Sooyoung greeted her .

"Morning , Tiff !" Jessica followed . 

Tiffany ignored and sat down at the back . The moment she sat down , she plopped her face on the table and starts sobbing.

Sooyoung stared at Jessica as he don't know what to do . Jessica then moved to the back and sat beside Tiffany . "Tiff .. W-what's wrong ??" She Tiffany's back softly .

Tiffany didn't reply and sobbed harder .

Sooyoung went to the back and sat down on the floor , in the middle of the two girls . "Is this because of Taeyeon ??? Tell me what he did . Let me punish him !" He exclaimed .

Tiffany continues sobbing . Their classmates heard the sobbing sound and everyone's attention is at them .

"Y-yahhh . Tell me what happened . I can help you , Tiff .. Where's Taeyeon ?" Jessica patted and Tiffany's back .

"I w-want T-ae-Taeyeon ..." She muffled in her cries .

"Huh ? Where's him then ?" Sooyoung asked .

"Alright alright . Shhhh stop crying . Let's go to the toilet , okay ? Come on ." Jessica helped Tiffany as they walked out the classroom while Sooyoung following them .

Everyone starts to whisper among themselves , asking what happened . Luckily the class will start in 15 minutes .

 

"Tiff . Can you tell me what happen ?" Jessica asked worriedly as they sat at the bench . Sooyoung came back with tissue in his hand and give it to Tiffany as he sat down beside Tiffany .

"Yeah . Tell me what's wrong . What did Taeyeon do ? I can help you to punish him ." Sooyoung said , trying to help her .

" I want himmm ........." Her sobs become louder .

"Where's he ??" Sooyoung asked while Jessica helped to wipe her tears .

"I don't knoww ! He do-doesn't pick up my calls last night , didn't reply to my texts and never came home . Even Mrs K-kim too ." She exclaimed while crying .

"What ?? Then how about yesterday ? Did he ignore you or what ? " Jessica asked .

"Nooo !" She exclaimed loudly . "He replied me continously hours before but suddenly he stops and rejected my calls !" She cried .

"Okay okay okay .. Chill chill . What if his battery are running very low ? And by the way where did Mrs Kim go last night ?" Sooyoung said .

"Mrs K-kim *sob* Taeyeon said that *sob* she went for a community *sob* service until late night .." 

"Ahh . Who knows if Taeyeon helped Mrs Kim and because of too tiring , they slept there or rent a hotel ?" Sooyoung tried to calmed Tiffany down .

"Then Mrs Kim could have called me to inform me !"

"What if they are too busy ??" Sooyoung tried another solution .

Tiffany glanced at Sooyoung as her sobs starting to stop . "R-really ?" 

"If you see him , ask him , okay ? Alright , stop crying ." Sooyoung smiled .

Tiffany nodded and Jessica patted her back . Jessica smiled at Sooyoung , thanking him for calming the situation . "You , JJANG !" She mouthed and used her free hand to show thumbs up .

Sooyoung who saw that froze and smiled shyly while scratching the back of his neck . YESSS !

 

 

 

The three of them came back to the class and apparently their teacher is still not in . They walked back to their seats . All of their classmates stared at Tiffany as her swollen eye are visible .

Ignoring them , Tiffany looked around for Taeyeon but no sign of him .

Soon later , a familiar guy enters the classroom who makes Tiffany to start smiling and bit her lower lips . "Baby ...." She mumbled .

Tiffany was waiting for Taeyeon to sit beside her but her smile immediately fade when she saw Taeyeon sits at the front row , not glancing at her .

Tiffany don't know how to react . "Baby ...." She mumbled again . This time , with sadness . Tears filled her eyes . She then knew there must be something .

Sooyoung and Jessica who also saw Taeyeon sitting far away from them , then glanced at Tiffany . Their classmates also glanced at Tiffany and Taeyeon .

For Taeyeon , he just ignored the stares and breathes out as he took out his book .

Tiffany keeps staring at Taeyeon . She almost stood up to walk to Taeyeon but it was interrupted by their english teacher who entered the class .

 

SKIP

"Alright , class . That's it for today ." Mr Wang, their teacher said . "Oh yes , about the presentation , I will start it by this Thursday which is two days later . I hope everyone has prepared for their presentation . But everyday , only 10 pairs will present . So the next lesson , the next 10 pairs and so on . Remember , this has grading ."Mr Wang continued .

Taeyeon looks at him surprisedly . No no .... this means I must see her and spend time with her again ..... No !

"By the way , Sooyoung and Jessica . " Mr Wang called out .

"Yes ?"

"Have both of you finished preparing for the presentation ?" He asked as they just recently came in .

"Fortunately , yes Mr Wang ." Jessica replied .

He nodded . "Good. Okay then . See you on Thurs ." Mr Wang smiled .

Seeing Mr Wang leave the class , Tiffany stood up again to approach Taeyeon but then their next lesson teacher came in . Tiffany frowned and sat back down .

She totally can't concentrate throughout the lesson and just staring at Taeyeon . She wants to know why is he behaving this way .

 

SKIP TO LUNCH

After hours of unable to approach Taeyeon , at last lunch is the only time . All of their classmates already rushed out the classroom to the canteen , leaving Taeyeon , Tiffany , Sooyoung and Jessica .

Tiffany purposely wait as she knows that usually Taeyeon will be last one to go for lunch .

Sooyoung and Jessica looked at Tiffany . 

"You guys can go first ." Tiffany mouthed at them .

Sooyoung then went to Taeyeon . "Hey Tae , are you joining us for lunch ?" He put his arms around Taeyeon's shoulder .

"Umm .... nope . I don't think so ." Taeyeon looked at his bag as he shook his head .

"Why ??" 

"Uhhh .... I'm not hungry . I want to sleep ." Taeyeon slightly smiled at Sooyoung . With that , Sooyoung sees Taeyeon's face and notices his swollen eyes . What's going on ??

Don't want to pry anymore , Sooyoung just nodded . "Okay then . Then would you like anything ? I can buy for you and bring up here ." 

"Nah nah .... It's okay .. You guys should go now before the canteen has very long queue . Oh yes , before you leave , help me to switch off the light . Just turn on the last row light ." Taeyeon said as he rested his head on the table and closed his eyes . 

Sooyoung and Jessica leaves the classroom . Taeyeon didn't notice that Tiffany is still at the back . Sooyoung switches the light off . "Talk to him ." He mouthed to Tiffany .

 

Tiffany cautionly walked towards Taeyeon . "B-baby ......" She called out .

Taeyeon opened his eyes and froze . 

"Babe..." Tears fell down from Tiffany's eyes and Taeyeon can hear slight sobbing sound . He felt Tiffany sat on the chair beside him . Tiffany put her hand on Taeyeon's back . With that , Taeyeon immediately sat back up and slightly shoved Tiffany's hand away .

"Baby .. What's wrong with you ??" Tiffany who was very surprised kept sobbing . 

Taeyeon kept mum .

"ANSWER ME , YOU STUPID !" Tiffany shouted in frustration . "I waited for you the whole night yet you rejected my calls and ignoring my texts ! And today , you ignored me and sat away from me ! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU , KIM TAEYEON ?!" Tiffany exclaimed as she punched Taeyeon's arms .

"WHAT DO YOU WANT ?!" Taeyeon shouted back , causing Tiffany to jump back in shock . It's the first time Taeyeon shouted at her . Taeyeon stood up and walked at the teacher's table . 

"Tiffany Hwang . You know what's going on . What else do you want from me ??" Taeyeon asked desperately and apparently his tears fell down .

"Stop acting , Tiffany . I don't want to hear anymore . Have you play enough ??? Are you having fun playing with my heart ????" Taeyeon exclaimed . "UNTIL WHEN YOU WANT TO CONTINUE WITH THIS ??" 

"The game is over , Tiffany Hwang . You won the bet , right ? Congrats to you ." Taeyeon exclaimed sarcasticly .

Tiffany looked at him shockingly . "How d-d..... Baby .. No ! It's not what you think ." Tiffany walked to him and held him arms but were pushed away .

"Do not call me baby . We are nothing in the first place . You have won your game and now it's game over . We are back to nothing . You know that I hate liars , right ?" Taeyeon's voice cracked as he said . 

"I believe you . I thought Siwon really broke up with you but ..... *smirks* I should have known . Why will you , a rich & beautiful girl should like me , a poor&nerd looking guy ??" Taeyeon shook his head . He walked to his bag and took out NOTE2 , the phone that Tiffany bought for him . 

"Here . Take it back . All of my things that you have bought , you can take it back . I'm sorry for wasting your money . And thanks for everything you've done for my mum . If you are not satisfied , I will pay you back monthly for the cost that you have paid for me and my mum ." Taeyeon put the phone on the table .

"From now , we are nothing anymore . I will move out from your place and I will take my and my mum only stuffs ." He wiped his tears and took his old wallet .

"Baby .... I'm s-sorry . Please . Don't do this to me . Y-yes , it's a bet . But now I really really love you . Please , baby boy ..." Tiffany cried desperately as she backhugged Taeyeon .

Taeyeon exhaled and pushed away Tiffany's hand . "WHICH PART DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT WE ARE NOTHING ?!" He shouted angrily causing Tiffany to cry harder .

Even though he's guilty seeing the one that he loves cries so badly , he can't control his temper when he thinks about being fooled .

"Don't worry . We will still do the presentation together . After school or what , we will discuss and prepare about it . After that , I d-don't w-want to see you an-anymore ." He stammered at the last sentence before leaving the classroom . He wiped his tears and rushed to the mens' toilet .

"Babyyyy ...... pleasee .... " Tiffany cried and plopped on the floor , regretting everything . She hates Siwon for making her like this .

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So how ? Is this update good or too dramatic or too boring ?