8

Just A Bet ?

"At last ! We reached the library ! Oh godd . So hot !" Taeyeon said as he enjoys the cool air in the library .

"Wooo ... At last ." Tiffany sighed in relief and took off the cap . "Here . Thanks for the water , tissue and cap ." Tiffany said to Taeyeon . "It's okay ." He smiles back .

"Let's go to the second level . Second level is much cooler ." Taeyeon continues . They then walked to the elevator .

"How did you know ?" 

"Well , I'm the library regular customer ." Taeyeon joked . "Come on ." They reached the second level and Taeyeon brings her to the usual spot where he use to study . 

"You're true . This spot is much cooler . Hmmm ... Nice ~" Tiffany said as she closes her eyes , relieving the heat . 

"Let's rest for few minutes first ." Taeyeon suggested . He stared at Tiffany who is still resting her eyes for a while . 

She looked so beautiful even she's perspiring . 

 

After a few minutes later ,

"Alright , let's start ." Taeyeon's voice broke the silence among them , making Tiffany to jump a bit in surprise and opened her eyes . "Okayy .." She weakly said .

"Are you sleepy ? Did I woke you up ? I'm sorry . You can continue sleeping if you want. " Taeyeon said . "It's okay . I'm not that sleepy ." Tiffany answered .

"So , let's start ?" Taeyeon took fulscap and his pencil case out . "So , what are we going to do ?" he continues .

"I don't know .." Tiffany said as she really have no ideas and she's not the type of person who goes for volunteer works . "What is your suggestions ?" She said again .

"Suggestions ? I think Mr Choi's suggestions are quite good too . You know giving happiness to kids that doesn't have parents or something like that ? How would you describe happiness , Tiffany ?" Taeyeon asked .

"Happiness ? Hmph ." Tiffany scoffed ."I don't believe in happiness because I don't have happiness ." She rolled her eyes , remembering her parents always ignored her for work work and work .

"What do you mean ??"

Should i tell him my personal life ? Argh , whatever 

"I'm the only child and yet I have no attention from my parents at all. I admit whatever I want , I will get . But actually in reality , what i really want is attention from them . After since they expanded their business overseas , they only think about work .I think it's been 5 months since I saw them . Why ? They went overseas . Well , actually they did come home within the 5 month but it was just for a day or few hours before they travel back out . The only attention I get were from my maids . That's all . I play alone , sleep alone and everything alone . There's no happiness at all . That's why I kinda dislike kids because at their age , they get a loooot of attentions from their own parents and I'm jealous . I rarely do housework because my parents also doesn't let me . I always relies on my maids . Because of that , I'm used to it until I disliked doing things that makes me perspire or make me feel tired . You know what , I'm a girl and yet I can't even cook or do housework . " She said sadly . 

"When I dated Siwon , he's an bad boy type . He also don't give me much attention , well only sometimes . I told him before this but he doesn't care . He's more to have fun out there with his so called buddies . But what to do since I loved him .. I already get used to it . In my whole life , there's no happiness at all . I even never celebrated my birthday with my parents before . There's only once and that when I'm one year old . Even though that's hard to believe but that's true . Siwon also never celebrate it with me . Again , the one that celebrates with me are my maids . Do you know what my wishes are ?" Tiffany asked Taeyeon . At this moment , she just revealed her true feeling and personal story to Taeyeon , not caring that she's not really close with him or doing this because of the bet.

"Wish ? Celebrate your birthday with parents ?" 

"That's one . Another is , I want to go to amusement park with someone . My parents or someone . That's my wish since I was little and yet it didn't happened " Tiffany sighed .

"Didn't happened ? Why didn't you bring Siwon ?" Taeyeon asked , making Tiffany to shook her head .

"Don't you tell anyone about this . Even though Siwon is a muscular guy , he's afraid of rides . Rollercoaster , haunted house and more . He has phobia on those . So I can't bring him there of course ." Tiffany answered.

Taeyeon muffled a laugh hearing that about Siwon . "Really ? He's scared of those ?" Taeyeon asked again , earning a nod . "Ooohhhh ...." He also nodded .

"But don't you have other friends ?" Taeyeon asked .

"I have but they are not like me . They are just ordinary people , not rich friends . Their parents bring them away from me because they always though rich families like mine are calculative , arrogant and snobbish . So I grown up without much friends ."

"At least , you have parents . Your parents did all that to give you an easy life , to allow you to live in big house , have big cars , a lot of maids , driver and like that . At most importantly , they still love you . Not like me ." Taeyeon tried to give positive thinking to Tiffany .

"Why ?" She asked . 

"I don't have a dad and I never did ." 

"Huh ?"

Taeyeon paused for a while . " Last time , I have a perfect family . Well , so called perfect. We are family of four . My parents , me and my youngest sister . He owns a business and in fact that business belong to my mum but they become the owner together after marriage and we were quite well financially back then . What I've heard was now the business had continue to soar and he's become famous but I don't want to know more about that . My sister was quite close to him . Suddenly , our happiness crashed just like that. Apparently , he found another woman in his life and seldom come hom . My mum gets to know about his doing of removing her name from the ownership and change the name of the business company but she can't do anything because everything was already in his name . He then began to forget us . My 2 years old sister that time even cried and begged him to be back but still he didn't care ." Taeyeon paused again as he felt tears almost fell down . He cleared his throat and make sure his tears didn't drop.

"So where's your sister ?"

"She's ... she's dead . And all of that because of that stupid father ." Taeyeon gritted his teeth , making Tiffany to become surprised . "What has happened to her ??"

"He was not home for 6months . We called him , he rejected the calls . Out of sudden after 6 months , he returned . BUT he came with his new woman with a newborn twins in the woman's arms . I was 11 years old then . I have 9 years gap with my sister . I overheard that they keep talking about 'moving out' , uhhh .. 'new family' . My mum was crying so bad when she came back to us and told us to pack our stuffs . And obviously , my sister resisted . She wants her father . My mum grabbed her and said this , 'Your father has abandoned us .' Only I understand that as my sister was only 2 years old and was ignorant ." Taeyeon sighed .

"Hey .. It's okay if you don't want to continue ." Tiffany said softly . "It's okay . I'll finish the story ."

"That time of moment , I hate my dad so much ! I still remember those looks when he and his new woman stares at me and the looks when they stares at the newborn twins . It's totally different . When we are going out from the mansion , my sister still doesn't understand and ran to him while hugging his legs tightly . He ruthlessly tries to push her away but my sister's grip was tight . When he pushed a little bit more harder , my sister was about to release her grip from him but that push was strong enough that he pushed her to a statue that we have at the door entrance of the mansion . She hit her head very hard on the rock statue and bleeds profusely ." Taeyeon paused again .

"My mum and I ran to her . But that stupid guy and his new woman just ignored us as they just went in the mansion without looking back and close the door . He totally disregard us . We quickly called the ambulance . When we reached the hospital , it's too late . For a two year old kid , that blood loss were too much and she died . Since then , I really really hate that guy . What I know is currently he still lives there. I saw him couple of times . Those twins already grown up . He never ever visited us . Even for my sister's funeral , he didn't came . I hate him to death . Since then , my mum and I became independent . Luckily , there's a quite a big empty basement that my mum and I can make as home. We just did a little bit of house makeover , that's all. Now , she's the only one that I have thats why I have to take care of her properly as she's a bit sick these days ." Taeyeon said . "Oh yes , I'm also sorry if I smells when I sit beside you sometimes . We have to save water . Well , water is precious for us . Don't worry , I'll be using deodorant now . haha .... So , yeah ..." He apologised and keep quiet . Tiffany just stared at him .

"Haha .. I'm sorry for this stupid story . Okay , let's forget about our sad and hatred story . Be positive and let's just start on our project ." Taeyeon cleared his throat and smiles .

"No no no . It's not stupid at all ..." Tiffany said and stared at him . I misunderstood him all this while for that smelly smell on him .... I didn't know all this .... 

"Come on . So what's the ideas ?" Taeyeon asked .

".............." Tiffany spaced out . 

"Hello ?? Ms Tiffany ??" Taeyeon waved his hand in front of Tiffany's eyes .

"Huh ?"

"Ideaaaas ?"

"Oh yeah .. Ideas . Why don't we go for a different thing than others ?" Tiffany suggested .

"What different ?" 

"You know that we're having a week school holiday next two weeks right ?" Tiffany asked , earning a nod . "Uhuh .. Let's go to Kenya !" She suddenly shouted , making everyone in the library to stare at her . "Ooops .. Sorry ..." She apologised .

"Heh ?? Kenya ?" 

"Yup , Kenya . We can help homeless kids there . We can teach them english and korean . Then , we can play games that we used to play here at there . Give them happiness ." Tiffany said .

"But I thought you told me you hate perspiring and you dislike kids ? Furthermore , I have no money to go to Kenya . How about my mum ? And don't you think it's too extravagant to go overseas just for a little project ?" Taeyeon shook his head .

"I will pay for it and maybe I can start to like kids . Well , it's kinda extravagant but it's a chance in a lifetime ! Furthermore , it's a good place to do volunteer work , you know . Tell your mum to stay at my house for time being . I don't mind ! So how ?" Tiffany smiles . This is really not going according to her plan . She never plan of having Taeyeon's mum stay at her house or going to Kenya for volunteer work . She just blabbers these idea spontaneously .

"Wha ? No no . I don't think she wants ." Taeyeon shook his head .

"Come on . That will also increases our life experiences and we can get extra big points ! I'll talk to your mum . " Tiffany said excitedly .

"Bu-?" 

"Not but ."Tiffany interrupted him . "Before dinner , I'm going to your house ." She said sternly .

"Heyy ~ You're not gonna come uninvited ." Taeyeon squinted his eyes . "What ??" Tiffany glared at him playfully but it's still scary .

"....O-okayy ..." Taeyeon straight away accepted . "Wait , I'll call my mum ." He took out his old Nokia phone .

A few minutes later , "Alright . Now , you can come invited ." Taeyeon said dorkily . 

"Good . Since we can prepare the preparation next week , so how about I tutor you in english now ? You're in Mr Wang's class right ?" Taeyeon nodded .

"Come . Do you have any confusion about past and present tense ?" Tiffany asked .

"Do you think I'm a elementary student ?" Taeyeon stared at her . "Whatever . tch ." Tiffany rolled her eyes .

"Now , read this sentence for me" Tiffany pointed a sentence on the english book .

"Urghh ..... Today is a guud day for me . It's amajjing day but it'z so hot here . Where should I buy some water ? I'm so thisthy" Taeyeon said with his totally broken pronounciation , causing Tiffany to stare at him speechless . "Really ?" Tiffany raised her eyesbrows .

"There's not a lot of mistake .Write it down ." Tiffany become a strict tutor now . "It is not 'guuud' . It is g-o-o-d . 'Good' . Repeat that ."

"G-o-o-d , good !" Taeyeon write down like obediently .

"Good ." Tiffany praises him .

"Good ." But Taeyeon thought that she asked him to repeat again .

"Good good." 

"Good good ." He repeated again . "No no . I just praised you ." Tiffany said . "Ohhhhhhhhhh ~"

Suddenly , Taeyeon reminded of something . "Wait . Tiffany , you confirmed that we are going Kenya on our school holiday right ?" He asked , earning a nod . "I'm afraid I got soccer training ."

"What soccer training ? HEVS XII ?" Tiffany asked . "Uhuh ."

"You joining the inter-region championship ?" Tiffany asked curiously but she did not have the intention to tell anything about this to Siwon . "Yup" Taeyeon answered . "I will have trainings ."

"They will understand . School is more important right now , okay ?" Tiffany ensured .

Taeyeon sighed and nodded . "Ahh . Whatever whatever ."


The story is too fast ? Comment ! The second and last update for today ~