Sixty

Just A Bet ?

Taeyeon wandered in circles on the busy streets all day after meeting Sooyoung . Sooyoung ended up went to training because Taeyeon did not want both of their girlfriend to suspect anything.

As he walked lifelessly with sore eyes , he noticed that the sun starts to set and realised that he has switched his phone off . "Shoot,Tiffany must be looking for me." he mumbled. The moment he switched his phone back on , the notifications starts to spam , who else can it be except his beloved girlfriend and few missed calls from his mom. 

Taeyeon stared at his phone few minutes before he just keep it back into his pocket without replying to any of it. He continues to walk and walk , watching everyone around him especially towards people who are with their family . Taeyeon sighed deeply and bit his lips. Why ? WHY MUST HE RETURN ? WHY IS HE LOOKING FOR ME?

Taeyeon then started to walk towards the direction back to home. It;s just a 20 minutes walk . After he left the busy streets and walked at the alleyway ,he then felt something dripped on his head , his shirt ,making him to look up. "Great.. It's going to rain and there's no shop nearby and I've got no umbrella and this is just great." he said sarcastically.

Taeyeon just kept walking , ignoring the drizzle which starts to become heavy. He crossed his arms and speed walking until he feels that there's someone walking behind him. He just shrugged it off , maybe it's just some random people walking by until he noticed the rain stopped . Oh , it's just someone beside him , holding the umbrella to cover both of them. 

With a slight smile , he was about to thank the person . The moment he turn his head , the smile immediately disappeared and switched to anger. GREAT ! WHAT A GOOD FU***** DAY FOR ME! SERIOUSLY!

In a instant, he just walked away fast from the person but the person still catches up and tries to cover him with the umbrella. "Wait up." the person said.

You're lucky I'm not running right now . If not because of the rain!

Taeyeon just ignored the person . The more the person catches up , the more he walked faster. "My son . Please wait up."The person holds his shoulder. With a immediate reaction , Taeyeon turns and pushed the hand with the umbrella away roughly . "Get off your dirty hands of me." He glared."Who are you calling your son? You have no right to call me as your son. Understand ?" Taeyeon gritted his teeth and said it softly yet can hear the anger with a teary eyes.

"Taeyeon-ah .Yes, you h-have the full right to be mad,angry or hate with me but p-please listen up. If you do not want to listen up , I will keep looking for you. I got something to tell you." Taehyun looked at him with the same teary eyes. It's been so long since he saw his son and the hatred from his son towards him was heartbreaking as a parent but still he cannot blame Taeyeon for anything.

"Oh yeah? You keep looking for me , I will call the cops for harassment." 

"What can they do? W-whatever it is , you are my son . My flesh and blood."

Taeyeon glared at him with speechless look. "Wow. I am your son ? I AM!? Then where were you?! Where's your responsibilty as a  father ?! What happened back then?! WHAT HAPPENED TO MY SISTER !? Why the hell must you return?! JUST GO AND BE HAPPY WITH YOUR OTHER FAMILY!" Taeyeon shouted and pushed him back. 

Taehyun just keep quiet and looked down . Without realising , the rain gets heavier and both of them are starting to drench wet ."L-look. It's raining heavily. Let's go in a shelter and we talk more? Please? I don't want you to get sick. " He begged.

Taeyeon gripped his fist and sighed deeply , cannot disagree with Taehyun with that.

Seeing Taeyeon somehow agree, Taehyun smiles." Come . I'll drive you . I've got a penthouse nearby. It's good to talk there." He raised his umbrella again to cover them both from the rain. Taeyeon walked away from him coldly , "Just lead the way."

Taehyun bit his lips ." O-okay. Let's go."

 

 

"Here you go." Taehyun put a cup of hot chocolate on the dining table for Taeyeon after both of them cleaned up and changed into a dry clothes. Taehyun has kept some of his clothes for himself and some clothes for Taeyeon. "I'm glad the shirt and pants fit you perfectly . I was walking around the town and saw these teenagers clothes and decided to buy for you . Luckily I bought the right size." Taehyun smiles.

"Don't get too comfy . As if I got a choice what to wear." Taeyeon said without looking at Taehyun. He didn't even touch the drink.

"He's just like a young me." Taehyun mumbled as stares at Taeyeon's face.

Taeyeon noticed the stare on him and coughed it out. "Straight to the point.What do you want from me??" He had no choice but just to let Taehyun tell him whatever he want instead of him continuing to disturb him.

"O-oh yes. Hold on." Taehyun stood up and walked over to a room . He went back out with a file on his hand , causing Taeyeon to frown. "Here." he said as he sat beside Taeyeon. Taeyeon then stood up and walk up to the seat opposite him. He just don't want to sit beside him. 

Taehyun gave a hurt smile and breath deeply . "Listen , alright?. As you know,  I own a company. M-my company invested on a lot of companies , business , tradings and all . You know KM Mall ? I invested on those as well. You don't know my company well because we are investment firm . I don't want you to think I did some stup-"

"Just get straight to the point. What do you want? I don't want to waste t-" 

"I'm sick." Taehyun cut his son off as well. "I've got a stage 2 Lung cancer. I don't know if I will survive that's why I got no choice to go to you." Taehyun said.

Taeyeon looked at Taehyun with a slight surprise look. "What's got to do with me??"

"Here. Open it." Taehyun gave him the file and Taeyeon starts to read.

"Inheritance?!"

"Yes , my boy .. I want you to inherit my business and continue the Kims' business. Can you?"

"No!" Taeyeon immediately stood up . "You have the other children . Go to them." He said coldly.

"I want you ,Taeyeon-ah. You are my first son and I only want you to inherit. Please. I could gave it to them but I chose not. You fit to be my inheritor and take over me. By the way this penthouse is actually yours. I bought it few years ago and it's under your mom and your name. I actually bought clothes for you and your mom whenever I walked to town and kept it in the house. My son.. I really want to meet you but I did not dare at all but until I realise my illness which I have no choice but to come and talk to you personally.  "

"What?"Taeyeon scoffed. "No . Look ,I do not want to inherit anything . Do whatever you want but my answer will be no. Try someone else . I give you the permission to choose your other children and this house , you can give it to them. I got to go ." Taeyeon glared at him and take his bagpack .

"The clothes I will return to you after I washed it and my school uniform you can throw it. I got extra."He said without looking at Taehyun and walked out the penthouse.

 

With Tiffany

Tiffany grunted as she walked around her room frustratedly with her phone in her hands. "Urgh ! What's this boy doing????"

"Pick up, sweetie !" She exclaimed. Taeyeon hasn't been answering to her calls and texts . She pestered Sooyoung about Taeyeon until he got no choice but to tell Taeyeon that he didn't attend training.

 

"WHAT? Where did he go ? He told me he went training!" Tiffany frowned.

"Look. I c-cannot tell you . But listen, he's fine. Don't worry about him." 

"Why can't you tell?? Is he out with some girls??" 

"HUH? No ! He's not. Believe me , Tiffany . He's fine!"

"So where is he??" 

"Uhh . eh ? I got to go back training. Hehe bye Tiff . BYEEEEE!"

"Hello?! HEL- Urghhh"

 

"Don't be like this , baby . Oh my god . I'm worry.... where are you??" Tiffany mumbled as she can't get her eyes off her phone.

"Miss Hwang?" Auntie Jang interrupted.

"Yes , Auntie Jang?" 

"Your mom is calling for you in the study room." 

"Huh? Okay . Thank you."

 

The moment Tiffany entered the study room , she felt chills . She saw her mom sit on the desk chair with her dad opposite of her. "What's going on?" 

"Come here." Mrs Hwang looked at her. "Explain this." Her mom said to Tiffany while pointing to the pictures on the desk.

Tiffany frowned."You spied on me?"

"Correction. Watching over."Her mom stared at her."I thought you said it was a bet. What is this ?! You really fell in love with him? He has nothing on his name. He's just a poor kid , living in a basement home. He do not deserve you ! I already made my mind , you know right? The only person I approved is only Siwon. You hear me? I can't believe that you let that Taeyeon guy and his mom in this house , in your room for the past months !"

"How-"

"Of course I know. I got my ways!"

Tiffany looked at her dad. "Daddy-"

"Don't look at your dad. He's also in fault for keeping in a secret as he already knows about you."Mrs Hwang interrupted.

"I love him , mommy. I love him more than I love Siwon. He make me feel special. So what if he's poor? He got heart , that's what matter."

"How dare you answer back to me? Is it because of him you turned out to be like this?" 

"No . You do not know Siwon well enough. What's the point if I marry someone I do not like and live with that person forever??" Tiffany glared at her mom with teary flowing out her eyes.

"YOU ! Listen , Hwang Miyoung. You either break up with boy or I will personally find him to talk to you about it."

Tiffany gasped and cried harder . "No! Please , mommy. We love each other so much. Please. Let him prove himself as time goes by . Please , mom.. Give us a chance."

Mrs Hwang looked at her crying daughter silently. 

"Honey. Please. I saw how much they are in love. Imagine if it was us . What will you feel?" Mr Hwang asked his wife.

"I don't approve you guys , that's it." Mrs Hwang ignored her husband and told Tiffany before leaving the study room.

"D-daddy.. please.. I love him ."Tiffany cried.

Mr Hwang immediately hugged his daughter tightly ,"I know, sweetheart. I approve you and I like that boy. Trust me. Your mom will change one day , okay?"

 

 

The next morning

Taeyeon waits for Tiffany outside school gate. The moment he saw the car she's in , he smiles. Tiffany gets off the car and bid goodbye to Uncle Im before walking to Taeyeon with a frown look. Instead of scolding him , she immediately hugged him tightly. "I don't want to keep asking you but please tell me what happened yesterday if you're ready."

Taeyeon her hair ."Sorry to make you worry yesterday ,baby. I will tell you if the time is right." He gave her a forehead kiss. Tiffany just nod. "Come. Let's go in." he continued as he intertwine his fingers with Tiffany.

"Baby.."

"hmm?"

"M-mommy knew about us.." Tiffany spills it out.

"What?" Taeyeon frowned. "Oh man..." he lets go of her hand and swept his hair back while sighing. "Wh-what she says?"

"She spied on us and she already knew all from the start where you lived with us and all... and insisted me to break up with you..." Tiffany tells him the truth." But we won't right ? Again?" She bit her lips.

Taeyeon sighed again. "I.. I don't k-know."

"What do you mean by that? Do you want to break up with me??" Tiffany said with a loud voice , causing Taeyeon to frown. 

"What? No ..."

"Then what's with the reaction??"

"Sorry . You know what . I should just meet your mom personally. It's better." Taeyeon looked at her.

"A-are you sure?" Tiffany looked at him with teary eyes.

"Yes . I want to fight for our relationship. If you're okay with that..." Taeyeon said and earned a slight punch on his shoulder.

"What are you talking about?? I'm totally perfect with that. I love you , baby." Tiffany hugged him again.

"Yeah yeah . I knew that of course." Taeyeon jokingly said to lighten up the situation.

Tiffany stuck her tongue out . "Cocky." she laughed and walked ahead .

"Wait for me , princessssssssssss ~"