49

Just A Bet ?

That night

 

Everyone in the mansion just finished their dinner and right now the maids are doing the dishes as Uncle Im already went home . However , only Tiffany and Mr Hwang had their dinner together as Mrs Hwang has a last minute plan to have dinner with the Choi's .

The dinner unexpectedly went very well . Tiffany has started to open up to her dad and Mr Hwang of course can't stop giving his fatherly smile to his precious daughter . 

As he talked to Tiffany during dinner , it makes him realised how much he missed talking randomly to her daughter . Usually Mr Hwang does anything for Tiffany as she is a daddy's girl . For Mrs Hwang , she always think that her husband will do the playing and she will only do the housework and taking care of Tiffany . Because of that , Tiffany are more comfortable towards her dad instead of her mum .

 

"Daddy ! Come !" She grabbed her dad's hand and lead him upstairs into the music room .

"Ohhh . I've checked this room last night . It's super clean and neat , huh ?" Mr Hwang nodded his head approvely.

"Of courseeee ! I'm the one that cleans it ." Tiffany giggled .

Mr Hwang playfully raises his eyebrows . "Are you sureeeeeee ?" He teased . "I'm pretty sure that Taeyeon does everything to this ." He laughed again .

"Daddy !" Tiffany cutely pouted . "Fine ! He does . But at least I helped him . I took out the vacuum , mop and everything for him ." She said . "But ..... hedoeseverything." She giggled innocently in the end .

Mr Hwang looked at her with wide open mouth . "As expectedd ." He playfully shook his head .

"Whaaaaat ? Well , I improved a loooooot now . I even cooked breakfast for them ." Tiffany proudly said as she sat on the grand piano's stool .

Mr Hwang sat on the chair beside the piano . He again stared at Tiffany with wide open mouth while clapping slowly . "*clap*.....*clap*.....*clap*.....*clap*...... woaaaahhhhhhhhhh , veryyy goooooood" He then showed a thumbs up while nodding his head , earning a non serious glare .

"Are you being sarcastic or are you being funny ?" Tiffany playfully glared and asked .

"................. Well , I don't know actually . " Mr Hwang said , causing both of them to burst into laughter .

"Soo , daddy . Do you remember when you teach me how to play the piano ?" Tiffany asked excitedly as she opened the piano's cover .

Mr Hwang beamed a smile . "Of course I remember , silly . You made a lot of mistakes at first . Too many ."  He said .

Tiffany giggled . "Solllllyyyyy" She apologised as she cutely saluted to him .

"Aigooo ."Mr Hwang grinned and ruffled her hair . "Can you play any song for daddy ? It's been so long since I heard you play the piano ." He requested .

Tiffany looked at his dad before nodding . She immediately pressed on the first key on her right and left hand to get ready . After getting the keys right , she started to press continuous key , creating a melody while pressing the correct pedal for suitable note .

She played 'River flows in you' . The first song that Taeyeon played for her in the piano . She closed her eyes while professionally pressing the keys , to make her feel the mood . (If you want to find the real mood , go and listen to this song .*grin*)

As she plays , her mind suddenly starts to replay her memories with Taeyeon . Seeing Taeyeon's dorky face, kind personality , funny behavior makes her unconsiously smile .

Mr Hwang saw her smiling . He stared lovably at her and suddenly his stare became a surprised stare . Tiffany who is smiling suddenly has a tear rolling down from her left eye .

Mr Hwang saw that Tiffany stopped smiling as she starts to bit her lower lips and her lower lip shivered ,as if she wants to start crying .

Tiffany slowly opened her eyes and suddenly another tear rolled down from her right eye .

With that , Mr Hwang stopped her from playing . "Heyy heyy heyyy . Shh shh shhhh...." He quickly tries to soothe her as he turned her to look at him . He immediately hugged her . "You miss him again?" He softly whispered .

Tiffany just nodded . 

"Okay okay okayy . Shush now , okay ? Stop crying . I think Taeyeon don't want to see you cry either ."Mr Hwang pulls from the hug and wipe her tears .

Mr Hwang sat back down properly and looked at her . Tiffany looked down to avoid her dad's look . He then sighed . 

"Bring Taeyeon here tomorrow ." Mr Hwang said .

Tiffany looked at him . "H-huh ? W-why ?" 

He smiled . "I just want to see him . I won't be going to work tomorrow . "

"H-he probably d-don't want .... I m-mean he surely don't want ." Tiffany said sadly .

"Well , just tell him there's important thing at here that he needs to see personally . Just tell him that it's really really reaaally important ." Mr Hwang suggested .

"B-but how's about your work ?? Mummy will su-surely ask whyy ." Tiffany exclaimed . She's half excited of her dad's suggestion but yet afraid if her mum knew it .

Mr Hwang suddenly smirked . "Well , I know what to do . Just see tomorrow . " 

Tiffany stared at him . "O-okay ..... I'll try then ..."

"Great ! I can't wait to see him . I want to look how charming he is and why is my daughter can get attracted to him ." Mr Hwang teased .

Tiffany shyly smiled .

"Hmmmm .... but you can't blame me if I suddenly fall in love with him ." He joked , earning a disgust yet jealous look .

"EWWWW ! Daddddy ! NO WAY ! Taeyeon's mine !" Tiffany exclaimed as she cutely pouted and squinted her eyes to him . "And for your information , Taeyeon does not swing to that kind of thing ." She crossed her arms .

Mr Hwang laughed towards her daughter's possesiveness . "Alrighttt okayy alrighttt okayyy . Don't worry . I don't swing to that kind of thing either . If I do , you won't be in the world ." He joked again .

"EWWWWW ! DADDDDYYYY !" Tiffany whined as she laughed .

"Okayyy okaaayyy . Go and do your homework . Sleep early and don't forget to bring him to see me tomorrow . " Mr Hwang said .

Tiffany nodded . "Thank you , daddy .." She said , earning a faint smile .

"Don't mention it , sweetheart . You know that daddy loves you more than anything . I don't care about anything as long you are happy . Alright , sweety ?" 

Tiffany nodded again .

"Good then . Well , go back to your room and see you tomorrow morning . Goodnight ." Mr Hwang then stood up and leaned to Tiffany , giving her a forehead kiss like usually he does to Tiffany in the past .

Tiffany grinned . "Good night !" She excitedly said as she looked at her dad walked towards the door .

"Nighty nightt ." Mr hwang said as he went away . 

Tiffany smiled . She never expect that her dad will approve that she loves Taeyeon who are not in the same level as them . "Yes ! At least daddy approved. About mummy .... I'll just deal with that later . but now ...... YAY !" She exclaimed quietly . She then happily went into her room .

 

Next day 

"Morning , mummy !" Tiffany exclaimed to her mum who already finished eating her breakfast .

"Good morning . Why do you look happy all of the sudden ? Well , you looked so unhappy yesterday ." Mrs Hwang smiled .

"Well ... nothing ." Tiffany innocently giggled.

"Did you argue with Siwon and now have you guys have made up ?" Mrs Hwang chuckled .

Siwon siwon siwon . URGH ! I don't want to hear his name in the morning . URGHH ! Don't ruin my perfect mood because of him .

"Ohh ..." Tiffany just let an awkward giggle . 

"Oh yes , where's daddy ?" She frowned and looked around . And at the same time , she tries to change the topic .

"Ohh , he's in the bedroom . He's sick ." Mrs Hwang said .

"Huh ? Sick ???" Tiffany asked surprisedly . Daddy . What are you up to ? hahahaha

"Yeah . Mummy's going to work by myself today ." Mrs Hwang said . "Oh , I got to go . Look after your daddy and I might be home a bit late . Okay ?" She asked .

Tiffany nodded .

"Okay , byee ." Mrs Hwang said and gave her daughter a kiss on the cheek before leaving .

As soon Tiffany heard her mum's car engine started and drive off , Tiffany suddenly heard a slow walking sound from the stairs . She turned and looked at the stairs , earning a laugh from her .

"Oh my god . Daddy ? What happened to you ?" She laughed . Their maids laughed along .

Mr Hwang were sneaking downstairs as he looked outside to make that Mrs Hwang has left . He covered himself with thick blanket and use a fever patch with a thermometer stucked in his mouth . He looked a bit pathetic .

Seeing that her dad are cautious about her mum's presence , Tiffany said "Daddy . Mummy already left . Can't you hear her car going off ?" She laughed again .

Mr Hwang then playfully scoffed and removed the fever patch as well as the blanket . He threw on the sofa . He also took out the thermometer .

Under the blanket , Mr Hwang were wearing a hoodie with track pant . He took off the shirt except for his tank top and folds the pants to his knee .

"Woahhhh ! I thought I'm gonna die of sweating ." He joked as he pants and sat on the dining chair .

Tiffany is trying to supress her laughter . "Daddy . Can I ask you what are you doing ?" She bit her lips with a smile .

"It's your mummm ! She forced me to wear alllll this. Tsk !" Mr Hwang whined . 

"Oookayy . but what's the story that caused mummy to force you ?" Tiffany covered to prevent her from bursting into laughter .

"Uhhh ....... "

 

 

FLASHBACK

 

It's already 12:30 am and Mr and Mrs Hwang haven't fall asleep yet . Right now , Mr Hwang is about to enter his room as he returned from the kitchen and he mumbling something and it seems like he's silently praying . 

He slowly turned the knob , entered the room and saw his wife already lie down on the bed , reading a book . 

Mr Hwang then started acting . 

*cough coughh coughhhhh* He started coughing and closed the door . Seeing no reaction from his wife , he started to cough harder .

"Honey ? Are you okay ?" Mrs Hwang asked .

"*coughh COUGHHH* Oh yeah y*cough*-cough* I think I will go to the bathroom first ." Mr Hwang said as he purposely walked slowly as if he's sick .

The moment he entered the bathroom , he locked the door first for safety precaution . He then took out something from his pocket . It's a 24hour heat pack which usually people use during winter . Mr Hwang removed the packing and starts to put on his forehead for a few minutes before areround the face , arms , legs and neck , to make sure he does look feverish . He puts it on for a few minutes until his face looks flushed . After that , he hid it back into his pocket . 

Mr hwang then brushed his teeth before going out . He walked towards his pants which is hanged up and quickly hid the heat pack in it as he saw his wife was engrossed reading her book .

After making sure that the heat is still on his body , he started to cough again . 

"Ahhh . I feel so cold. " He acted , causing Mrs Hwang to turn her attention to him .

"Omo . You look a bit flushed . Come here ." She patted the space beside her . After Mr Hwang sat on the bed , she immediately put her palm on his forehead . "Oh my. Your body feels so hot . Wait here ." She immediately turned to her night stand and took out the thermometer .

Oh mannn ! I forgot about that ! ..........Don't panic don't panic

"Say ahhh ." Mrs Hwang said as she pressed on to the thermometer .

"A..ahhh. H-honey ! Why d-don't you take my *cough* medicine ? I'll take this ." Mr Hwang then took the thermometer away from his wife .

"Oh okay okay . You lie down here . " She sternly said as she gets off the bed and went out to the kitchen .

Mr Hwang sighed in relief  . "Now how am I supposed to handle you ?" He said to the thermometer . Suddenly he remembered something ,causing him to grin . 

He switched off the thermometer and rubbed the tip on the blanket quickly . He does for a while before he stopped and switched it back on . He waits for the reading to come up . He then received a reading of 39.9 degrees .

"Perfectttt !" He grinned . Hearing his wife coming in , he quickly stuffed it back into his mouth and lie down .

"Here . Your medicine. " Mrs Hwang rushed in and took the thermometer . "Omo ! 39.9 degrees ?! Honey , do you want to go to the doctor ?" 

"Huh ? No no no no ! I don't want . Just *cough* give my medicine and let me sleep will do ."

After drinking his medicine , he lied down . "I don't think I will be able to go to work tomorrow ." 

"Okay okay . You just stay home and rest , okay ? Don't go to work . I will do your work ." Mrs Hwang her husband's hair and he just nodded . 

"Okay ...." 

"Good . Go to sleep , okay ?" Mrs Hwang smiled . As she wants to lie down , she stopped . "Eh , wait !" She said ,causing a shock from Mr Hwang . Did she find out ? O.o

Mrs Hwang then gets off the bed again and rushed to the closet . She took his hoodie and a extra thick blanket . "Here . Wear this ." 

"Huh?" Mr Hwang looked at his wife .

"What ? Wear this ! So it will prevent you from getting worse  . Since the air con is on ." Mrs Hwang sternly ordered and her husband has no choice but to obey .

Mrs Hwang then took a fever patch from her night stand and put it on the forehead .

"M-must I h-have this ???" Mr Hwang looked at her .

"Y.E.S ." Mrs Hwang nodded . About illness , Mrs Hwang is quite strict if she knew . She will make sure they eat their medicine no matter what and she will make sure to make them wear or use necessary things to reduce the illness . This also include to their maids .

Mr Hwang secretly pouted . AISH !

 

FLASHBACK END

 

Tiffany stared at her dad with blank expression . "Seriously , daddy ? You did that just because you want to see Taeyeon ??" She laughed . 

"Of coursee !" Mr Hwang exclaimed . "I rarely see your boyfriends excluding Siwon . And now i want to see and know your boyfriend more by myself , not your mum  . For this time , I will be the one to supervise your boyfriend . To see whether he passed my expectations or not . And I want to see how handsome he is . So I can starts to predict how my grandchildren looks like " he said .

"Daddy !" Tiffany exclaimed in embarassment .

He laughed . "Okay okay , I'm kidding . He will definitely pass . Right ? " He smiled .

Tiffany immediately nodded excitedly .

"Alright now . You should go to school now . You don't want to be late to see Taeyeon , right ?" He teased .

Tiffany looked at her watch . "Oops . I gotta get going . See you later , daddy . I'll be back at 1.30pm ." She said and took her bag . "Love you ! Bye !" She kissed her dad's cheek before leaving the house with Uncle Im .

Mr Hwang grinned . "Bye .... I love you too . " he whispered. Her daughter just said "Love you" before leaving . It's been long since he heard that words from .

 

 

With Sooyoung 

Sooyoung just arrived at the school and he's about to walk into the compound where suddenly he heard a loud engine . He is wearing a earpiece as he was listening to blasting music but still he could hear the engine . He turned and saw a Ferrari car entering the school compound , stopping at the foyer . He took off his right earpiece .

All of the students there starts to look curiously at the car . When the driver who is a guy gets off , most of the girls starts to squeal . Sooyoung looked at the familiar face and frowned . 

The guy then opened the passenger door and a girl gets off .

Jaejoong closed the passenger door and leaned towards Jessica, whispering something sweetly to her causing her to smile . He then rested his palms on Jessica's cheeks before kissing her passionately . The way they kissed passionately is as if they were photoshooting .

"Omo . Isn't that the new student , Jessica?" "Who is she with?" "Wow wow . They kissed !" "Woaaahh they looked like a prince and princess couple ." "Omo omo omo . That kiss is so yyy ....." "Woww ......"

Sooyoung heard the commotions between the students and he rolled his eyes . *sigh* whatever

He saw Jaejoong gets back on his car before starting the engine loud and leave . Sooyoung totally lose his mood now . He put back on his earpiece and walked pass Jessica as he wants to go to the classroom .

"Hi ,Soo !" Jessica smiled and greeted but get ignored . She saw the earpiece and tapped Sooyoung's shoulder to call for him .

Sooyoung knew it's her . He didn't turn to her and just walked straight quickly ahead causing Jessica to frown .

"What's with him ?" She frowned .

Jessica then followed him from the back to the class. She saw Taeyeon already in the class and so does Tiffany but they still sat separately . She was thinking that Sooyoung will go to the back but she was surprised to see Sooyoung moved in beside Taeyeon and sat beside him in the front . 

Jessica stared at him as she walked , hoping that he stared at her back so she can ask why is he sitting there and not with her but Sooyoung doesn't look at her . That makes Jessica to frown even deeper and she glared at him before rolling her eyes angrily .

Jessica then walked to Tiffany's row and sat beside her .

"Jess . Why is Sooyoung sitting there ?" Tiffany asked .

"I don't know !" Jessica exclaimed . "He ignored me just now . When I tap his shoulder , he didn't even bother to turn and when I stared him , he again didn't even bother to greet and look at me back !"She frowned .

"Really ? What happen to you guys last night ??" Tiffany asked .

"I don't knowww . Yesterday , he quickly rushed home after he finished his slides as my fiance came to my house ."

"W-wait wait . What ??" Tiffany stared at her .

"My fiance suddenly visited my house yesterday and he will be staying about 2 days as he had off . Then I don't know why Sooyoung suddenly rushed home quickly. "

"Ahhhh ...." Tiffany nodded as she began to understood ."Then did you guys come to school together ?" She asked .

Jessica shook her head . "Nope . My fiance send me here . Then I saw Sooyoung walking pass ."

"Ahhhhhhhhhhh ."Tiffany nodded again . He must felt super jealous then . Poor Sooyoung .

 

"Oi. Why are you sitting here ?" Taeyeon stared at Sooyoung curiously .

"Ahh ! I have no mood . Don't talk to me ." Sooyoung immediately plopped his face on the table .

Taeyeon stared at him with raised eyebrows .

 

 

"Sica ! Woahhh . Who is the guy that send you to school just now ? He's so handsome !" Suddenly a group of girls who are their classmates came to Jessica and Tiffany's row . Their loudness filled the classroom

"Oh .. He's my fiance . "Jessica smiled .

"He owns a Ferrari ! That's awesome . And he looks like a prince with that milky skin and blonde hair ." One of the girls exclaimed .

"Yes yes ! The way he kisses you just now is like .... wow . He's a pretty good kisser we can see . We envy you !"They said .

Jessica giggled . "Well , thank you ." She just awkwardly giggled . She somehow doesn't feel that jealousy when the girls compliment her fiance .

The girls then went back to their respective seats . 

"Wow ... He owns a Ferrari ?" Tiffany asked Jessica .

Jessica nodded .

"Ahhh ....." Tiffany nodded again . No wonder Sooyoung feels jealous . Of course he would!

 

Taeyeon looked back to the front after looking at the girls talking about Jessica's fiance .

"ahhhhhhh ...." He also nodded after understanding . He then glanced at Sooyoung .

"Arghhh ! Aish ! " Sooyoung mumbled softly but still can be heard by Taeyeon as he ruffled his hair .

Woww.... His love story is more complicated than mine , i guesssssss . Poor Sooyoung .... eh wait wait .... I mean Poooor US ! *sigh*

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE ! So how's the story going ? Doing fine ?

 

COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT !

SUBSCRIBE SUBSCRIBE SUBSCRIBE !

UPVOTE UPVOTE UPVOTE !