Chapter 28

Popular Trash

-HYEMI'S POV-

Jung DaeHyun. He's been helping me alot these days. Little by little, my heart beats faster for him. Ever since my father's passing he has been there for me the most. When I needed someone he was there. WHen I was on the ground he was there to pick me up. YoungJae would do the same but it wasn't the same feeling as me being with DaeHYun. Why? Why is it like this? EXO stopped bullying me but 4Minute were still there to bully me. DaeHyun would stop them from doing it by asking them to stop and of course HyunA would stop for him. She worshipped him but I knew he had no interest in her whatsoever.

It was a Saturday and we were gonna graduate soon. I recieved a text from DaeHyun when I was in the middle of my study session for Finals.

From DaeHyun: Hey. You wanna hang out?

I glided my thumb over the Slide to unlock button and replied to his text instantly.

To DaeHyun: Umm... I don't know... I'm kinda studying :3

I wanted to hang out with DaeHyun but I had to study. So I could get into a good college for my parents. I wanted to make them proud. This was one way, I'm not really good with social activities and technology. But I love to cook. I always made food with my mother but after my mother died, I kind of gave up on cooking. I would mak food for my dad occasionally but his comments made me want to stop. Now, this is what I want to do in the future. To cook. I want tp learn more about cooking and managng a restaurant. I was gona study and then go to college and one day open up a cafe or restaurant.

From DaeHyun: Oh really? I was studying too~ You wanna study together?

I looked at the clock and then my phone. I replied to him saying yes and continued studying for 15 minutes until I heard the bell ring. I descended the stairs quickly and opened the door.

"Hi DaeHyun." I greeted hiding behind the door.

"Hey HyeMI~ I brought some snacks to munch on." DaeHyun said while handing me a bag. I thanked him and took it in my hands and carried it over to the kitchen. DaeHyun was standing in front of the door awkwardly.

"Here, you can sit over here." I said pointing to the couch. he nodded and walked to the couch sitting down.

"So.. what do you wanna start with?" DaeHyun cheerfully asked.

"Umm... Science?"

"Ok!" He reached for the science textbook that was on the other side of the couch and placed it on the coffee table. We were studying for a good 2 hours when U realized that we should be eating soon. It was 11:45.

"Are you hungry?" I asked rubbing my stomach. He slightly nodded.

"Sorta... You?" I nodded back. "You wanna go out to eat?" He offered. I shook my head rejecting his offer and suggested to make something instead. A payback from all the things he did. "Then let's make it together." I agreed and we both walked to the kitchen. I went tot the fridge opened it and looked through the fridge carefully to see what we could make. Good memories were flashing back from when I was a kid. Something my mom made all the time was teriyaki chicken sandwich and salad. That idea of making a sandwich and salad wasn't so bad so I grabbed the lettuce, bread, chicken, sugar, and other ingredients from the kitchen andplaced it on the counter.

"What are we gonna make Chef HyeMI?" DaeHyun asked. I raised my eyebrows looking at him strangely. I shook my head to forget about what he had just said (the Chef HyeMi part) and answered his question.

"Do you wanna make Salad and Teriyaki Chicken SandWich?" I asked. He nodded and widely smiled.

"I love teriyaki and salad and sanwhiches!" He beamed. "I can make the salad and you can make a mean teriyaki chicken sandwich." I cocked my head and chuckled. He frowned, "Did I say something?" I laughed more.

"That joke... it's so lame!" I laughed. He pouted. "Anyways ok DaeHyun, I'll make a MEAN teriyaki chicken sandwich." I mocked and cut the bread in slices.

"Aish.." HE grumbled and started tearing lettuce leaves. It took us a good 30 minutes to get everything ready and set. We were happily making lucnh and finaly finished. I smiled to myself and looked at DaeHyun who was looking at me. "I think we did an okay job" He said. I grinned, "Yeah." I sat down while DaeHyun went to get the drinks. After he sat down, we both put our hands together and said, "I'll eat this well." and dug in. It was delicious. THe first bite of the sandwich was amazing. Savoring every bite, being able to see the juices of the chicken was incredible. After a bite of the sanwich I would open up to eat salad. The salad was good too. I gave DaeHyun a thumbs up and ate more.

After we finished, I patted my stomach and rubbed it. "Thank you for the meal." I said. He smiled at me which made my heart flutter. He and I both got up and went to put our dishes in the sink. We washed the dishes together like husband-and-wife. "Thanks for today HyeMi. It was fun studying and making food with you." He thanked.

"Thanks for coming... I had fun too." For the first time in a while, It was a real smile I gave him. A sincere smile. He turned around to leave as I waved good bye. After he left I went back upstairs to study for another subject. Being the nerd that I am ;)

--------- GRADUATED FROM HIGH SCHOOL -------------

and

------ 3 YEARS LATER -------

I never went out with DaeHyun, althugh I wished there was a chance for us to go out. But I never had the guts to confess. He changed meinto a different person. I thanked him for that and I always wil. College ended and it was time for me to get a job. I started working at this cafe/restaurant when I started college. I'm now the head chef there. The restaurant was next to an entertainment company called TS. It wasn't a big company like SM and JYP but still a company where people trained and debuted. 

I was making food in the back when I heard somone call. "Excuse me?" I went to the front to see that no one was helping this guy. He was in his early twenties, broad shoulders, soft voice. I looked at him, "Yes, can I get you anything?" He looked up and to my surprise it was Jung DaeHyun.                                             

 "Jung DaeHyun..." I breathed.

"Lee HyeMi..." He said at the same time. I was shocked to find him here.

"DaeHyun... wh-what- how are you?" I managed to say. "It's been a while.."

 

 

 

---------------------------------------

Heyyy... Sorry its been 2 or 3 days... sorry I sincerely aapologize foer the late update. I was kinda tired and i didnt feel like going on AFF for a while because I was tired and having a major WRITERS BLOCK. like it ...balls. But I'm thinking of ending the story soon.. Idk when exactly but it will pribably be less than 3 chapters. Sorry but thank you for all the support you guys have been giving me. Im so grateful to have suppporters like you. thank you.

After this fanfic,Im thinking of writing another one so dont unsubscribe yet. haha if you want to read it ill add a link later so you guys can read it :)  and if you wanna send friend request sill gladly accept haha just saying *forever alone* jk

 

thankyou

lovee Crazy4BAP