Chapter 16

Popular Trash

-HYEMI’S POV-

We left the school right after the bell rang.

“Kaja!” YoungJae said. I eagerly nodded and followed him. We were walking along the streets of Seoul when something caught our eye. It was a stand, a food stand. They had everything: from pizza to mochi ice cream. So many people were waiting in line for it. YoungJae looked at me and asked, “HyeMi, do you want to try it?”

I shrugged. “It’s up to you~ If you want it I’ll eat it.. If you don’t want to then I won’t eat it.” I awkwardly replied. I never saw a line this big for a stand. I honestly wanted to try it but I didn’t want to be demanding. I was staring at the stand for a long time. YoungJae noticed me looking at it.

“Let’s try it.” He warmly smiled at me and put his arm around my waist. I was a bit startled by his actions and tried to scoot away. “Oh! I’m sorry, I didn’t mean for you to be surprised…” He apologized. He looked down obviously regretting what he had done. I felt bad for making him apologize and didn’t know what to do. I shook my head slowly.

“No.. It’s ok. I mean I’m sorry for being surprised.. I guess.” I mumbled.

“Ok.” He chuckled. “Let’s go.” HE pointed to the last person in line. We went behind that person and stood there. It was a 30 minute wait. During that 30 minutes we talked. We talked about our lives. Our childhood life.

YoungJae seemed to have a loving family. He was always surrounded by people who cared about him. He had friends, something I never had. Well I did in elementary school but they all left me. I rarely ever talked about my family or my life when I was a kid but I felt comfortable around him. I told him about my mom. My mother whom I loved so much. My only support in life. I told him about the lunch she made for me, taking care of me. But that ended after she got diagnosed with cancer. She lost the battle unfortunately.

“I’m sorry to hear that.” YoungJae looked at me with pity.

“No.. Don’t be.. It’s the past. I’m ok now.” I replied.  I was thinking of all the good memories I made with her. *I love you mom. I’ll be with you soon.. I hope* I thought.

“Hello~ What would you like to have today sir, ma’am?” The guy said. We looked at the menu quickly and ordered.

“May I have…. Coffee almond fudge ice cream, dukbokki, and…. Cotton candy please.” YoungJae ordered. My eyes lit up when he ordered the ice cream. *How does he know that I like CAF? (Coffee Almond Fudge) He smiled at me and looked at the cashier.

“Ok so that will be $11.73.” The cashier said. I was in the middle of getting my wallet out when YoungJae stopped me. He pushed the wallet away and told me that he was gonna pay for it. I hesitated but he told me it was ok. The cashier handed us the plate of food and thanked us.

“HyeMi, did you ever try cotton candy? It’s really good.” He beamed. I shook my head.

“No~ I don’t go out a lot so.. Can I have a piece?” I asked. He nodded and gave me a piece.

“Yeah! Of course, take a lot. I got it for us!” I took a small piece and popped it in my mouth. The sweet treat melted in my mouth as I was about to bite into it. It was gone before I even had a chance to chew. I was amazed so I took another piece and put it in my mouth.

‘Woah! Daebak!! How? This is so cool YoungJae-ssi.” I said happily. He chuckled seeing my childish side.

“You’re so cute HyeMi.” I blushed from his comment. No one ever called me ‘cute’ “Eat all of it! I’ll buy you more at Lotte World.” He said. *Oh yeah~ I forgot we were supposed to go to Lotte World.*

“Ok gomawo!” I replied cheerfully. I was actually having fun. It’s been so long since I felt like this. I almost forgot what it was like to feel like this. “Let’s go to Lotte World! I can’t wait.”

He looked at me surprised because I don’t think YoungJae has ever seen me happy before. His face got brighter and led me to Lotte World.

                We arrived in Lotte World in 30 minutes taking the bus. We rode the merry-go-round. I never went to amusement parks so everything was different to me. He took me to a lot of the cute slow rides. He also took me to the fast rides but there was times when I would get scared. He would wrap his arms around me to make me less scared. I would look at him and he would give me a warm smile to make sure I was gonna be ok. I felt protected and safe.

It was really fun, and when it’s fun the time flies by.

“Oh wow, it’s already 9 o’clock.” YoungJae pointed out. I nodded. “We should leave.”  I didn’t want to go home, I was having a lot of fun with YoungJae.

“Yeah~” I said disappointedly.

“I’ll walk you home” YoungJae offered.

“No it’s ok. I can go home by myself.” I said but he insisted on taking me home. In the end he walked me home. “Thanks for today. I had fun.” I giggled.

“Yeah me too. Thanks for coming.” I stopped in front of my house and looked at him.

“Well.. this is my place.. Thank you. I’ll see you tomorrow. You should hurry, it’s getting cold.” I said. YoungJae nodded.

“Ok. Good night HyeMi.” He waved. I waved back and closed the door. I heard the TV.

“Who is it?? HyeMi?” My father yelled. I flinched. I forgot about my dad. ”Where the hell were you?? You didn’t make anything.” He wobbled his way over. I stiffened and stood still. “You gonna answer me??”

I didn’t reply. “I’m… sorry.” I apologized.

“Don’t apologize when you don’t mean it god damn it.” He slapped me and threw the remote control which were in his hands at me. The remote hit me on the head. I whimpered, “Oww..”

“Shiggeuro!” He barked. *I..shouldn’t have gone* I quietly crawled to my room and locked it. After I locked the door everything went black.

 

So~ I updated hehe

Hope you like it, please comment and subscribe ^^

Thank you~