Chapter 14

Popular Trash

-DAEHYUN’S POV-

*FLASHBACK*

My friend, Nam WooHyun was bullied as a kid. Just because he was a nerd. He lived right next to me ever since we moved in to this neighborhood. He loved learning and had big dreams but the only thing obstainging him was the constant bullying. He was a good guy, polite to others. I guess that's how my respect for people came from. WooHyun taught me a lot of things. I am really thankful for it. Without him, I probably would’ve been a very reckless kid.

I didn’t have a father because he passed away when I was two from a car crash. I never tried in school either but that changed in middle school when I met him. He was a really close friend of mine. He tutored me with the classes I didn’t have high grades in.

Whenever we were at school we were a pair, a pack, best friends. No homo to be intended but we were close. I even saw his just kidding! But we were close. At school he would be picked on because of his looks and personality, cuz he was a nerd. I would stand up for him but it never turned out too good.

The things 4Minute and EXO do to HyeMi were the same things that happened to WooHyun.To me, he was brave, courageous, and strong. I looked up to him because of how he took the bullying and would try to move on no matter how hard it was.

I was waiting for WooHyun to walk to school but he didn’t come so I figured he was sick. After school I walked home and I saw police, fire trucks, and ambulance sitting in front of WooHyun’s driveway. I hurriedly ran to see what was going on and I saw Mrs. Nam crying. She never cried in front of people, it was the first time seeing her like this. I went up to ask her what was wrong and she answered me saying, “M-my WooHyun-ahh…” She sobbed. “He’s gone.. Eotteokhae?? Wae wae?? WooHyun!!” I still didn’t understand what was exactly going on so I went up to one of the officers.

“Sir, what happened?” I asked looking around.

“Oh..umm do you know this person?” The cop asked holding a picture of WooHyun. I hesitantly nodded. “I’m sorry son but..he passed away.” He looked at me with pity. I was shaking, trying to keep the tears in.

“No! Don’t mess with me. What happened??” I furiously asked.  The guy shook his head.

“WooHyun.. committed suicide this morning. Are you by any chance.. Jung DaeHyun?” the policeman asked.  I sniffled.

“Yes sir. Wae?” I looked up.

“WooHyun left this for you.” The police handed me an envelope and a mask. WooHyun’s mask. It was black, very different from masks you would see in an everyday world. I accepted the letter and went to stand by a tree nearby. I opened the envelope and it said;

 

Jung DaeHyun,

Hey…by the time you read it… I’ll be gone. I just wanted to say thanks for everything. Thanks for being my friend until the very end. I can’t take it anymore DaeHyun. It’s too hard for me. I wanted to work and become a lawyer or something but I guess that won’t happen *chuckles*

Thanks bro for being there for me when I needed you most. This might sound gay but I really appreciated everything you did for me. Thanks for standing up for me, thanks for eating with me even when you had other friends. Thank you.   I had fun hanging out with you and tutoring you was funny haha.

Don’t change because of this, like go back to a delinquent and . You taught me a lot of things like farting in front of a lighter. No but on a serious note, you did teach me a lot. Gomawo ^.^

Sorry I didn’t say anything to you this morning. I didn’t want to say bye to you face to face. It would’ve been too hard for me.  I hope everyone else will be happy after I’m gone. That’s what they wanted right? Just tell them I’m gone so they don’t have to bully me anymore.

It was fun meeting you DaeHyun J I’m glad I met you haha my chingu~ I hope they gave this to you.. The cops or my umma. Please take care of her…umma. Tell her I’m sorry I wasn’t a good son but tell her I love her. I wanna give you my mask. Use it ok? Arasso? Just use it when you don’t wanna talk or something haha. I don’t know just use it. Anyways..DaeHyun thanks. Gahamsahamnida, I love you (as a friend of course)

 

 

Nam WooHyun

 

My tears came streaming down from my face as I read the letter. Nam WooHyun you idiot. Why did you commit suicide. Why didn’t you ask for my help. I told you I was gonna be there for you. You pabo. Why? I can’t believe it.. Nam WooHyun is gone. My friend, the closest friend I ever had was now gone.

I went to school and the news about WooHyun was everywhere. My other friends were there to comfort me but it didn’t work. B.A.P knew I was gonna have a hard time recovering so my mom decided to shift me to another school. The members wanted to be there so they were gonna transfer schools for me.

*FLASHBACK END*

Nam WooHyun and Lee HyeMi. Two people that share a lot of pain. When it was the first day of school, I was nervous. I didn’t know what to do. How to make friends. I was scared something was gonna happen. But I was also excited to meet new people. The teacher assigned my seat next to a really pretty girl. YoungJae was seated next to a girl too. She was ok but she looked sad, depressed, hurt. I was going to introduce myself but the girl already did. After her little introduction she threw a piece of paper towards YoungJae’s direction. It hit the girl and a lot of other paper balls came flying towards her way. I felt bad for the girl. I didn’t know she was bullied all the time.

It was going to be lunch and HyunA, the girl sitting next to me, cussed the poor girl out. Kicking her and spitting on her until, 11 guys walked in the classroom. One of the guys poured coke on her head. I was shocked. I didn’t expect to see a girl being bullied like WooHyun.

She got up and left the class. I followed behind with YoungJae trailing behind. She was going to the rooftop. I was hoping she wasn’t going to commit suicide like WooHyun. I went up to her to see if she ok but I was stopped by a guy. It was her boyfriend?? I left thinking why he didn’t stop it But left it alone.

When D.O was making out with HyunA, I seriously wanted to beat the crap out of D.O. To make HyeMi suffer like that… I knew she looked forward to seeing D.O every day. You can tell by the joy in her eyes but when she was on the ground blood surrounding her, it changed. I ran up to her right away and then saw D.O and HyunA come with their hair messed up.  I knew something happened and HyeMi saw it.

HyeMi’s lifeless body was in my arms, she looked so depressed. I took her to the hospital and was there with her until she was able to leave the hospital the following day. While she was at the hospital, she told me what she saw. What she was gonna give to D.O on that day. She was crying nonstop, I couldn’t do anything to help her. She reminded me a lot like WooHyun.

WooHyun would cry too but would try to keep it in. Just one difference was that he never had a girl that was popular. He did have a girl but she left him cuz she couldn’t take the comments from other people. I remember he cried that night when she broke up with him. Déjà vu.

If WooHyun was still here… I think WooHyun and HyeMi would’ve been a good couple. Not because they get bullied but because their personalities suit each other. WooHyun’s strong mind and HyeMi’s courage. It would fit. I know they would be happy but this time I want to take WooHyun’s place. I will make HyeMi happy. No matter how hard it’s gonna be I will not give up just like that bastard, D.O

The day I saw HyeMi at the river, standing on the rail. It was The scariest moment of my life. I didn’t want someone to commit suicide because of bullying. EXO was there, watching the whole scene with SuHo, HyeMi and I. It was intense. I tried talking her out of it and then D.O came. Her tears were coming back , she looked at the river and I knew she was gonna jump. I didn’t want her to die. Not yet, she has a whole life ahead of her. She could do so much in life. It’s not her time yet. So I ran up behind her and grabbed her waist and pulled her down to the ground before she could do anything else.

I remember EXO asking me if I liked HyeMi. I didn’t like her at that time, I don’t think I did. I just wanted to protect her from these things but it was impossible. I don’t like it when people don’t respect each other. I don’t like it when there is bullying involved. Bad memories come back. I don’t want it to happen to a girl.   I don’t want it to happen to HyeMi.

I would try to comfort her and YoungJAe too. At first it was YoungJae and her eating at the rooftop and sometimes I would go up there to eat with them. Then one day, B.A.P was wondering where we would go to eat so we told them.

When HyeMi first saw the members, She was stiff. She wouldn’t move and flinch every time they would get up. But she slowly got used to them and is now more comfortable around them. Cuz she has friends. They would never bully anyone. They already know what happened and they’re not the type to bully people. I guess after she tried committing suicide was when my feelings began to develop for her. I want to make her happy, to protect her, to guide her, I want to be there for her.

I will make her happy, protect her, guide her, be there for her.

 

Hey guys! I’m in the plane right now >.< It 10 hours plus 6 hours so 16 hours sitting in a damn plane.

But since I have the time and I have my laptop.

I decided to write hehe I hope you guys like this and it’s not confusing.

If you don’t really understand just comment below and I’ll reply to explain what happened.

Sorry if it was a bad one

So yeah you know what to do

-Comment

-Subscribe

-Read

If you like it of course

LOVE YOU ALL AFF READERS! Merry Christmass <3

 

 

I just got 'home' at my grandparents' house. I was writing on the plane so yeah

 

 

Enjoy! ^^