Chapter 13

Popular Trash

-HYEMI'S POV-

I was sitting in the ice cream shop where D.O first took me. He was ordering the ice cream while I sat down. He came back with my favorite; coffee almond fudge ice cream. I took a small bite and D.O opened his mouth to explain.

"Ok..so.. I want to apologize for what happened. My hyungs.. they were really getting on my nerves. Because they teased me when I was going out with you and stuff so I lost it. I wasn't thinking and I wanted to...break up with you. So they would stop.. I was a coward.. and I still am. I didn't know how I was gonna do it.. so I thought of making out with someone to make it look like I was cheating onyou. I'm sorry Lee HyeMi." He said and deeply bowed.

 I couldn't forgive him.. I did'nt expect that to be the reason. I thought D.O was  more than that but clearly I was wrong. I left my ice cream on the table and ran out of the shop crying. While I was running, I bumped into someone. "I'm sorry.." I mumbled and tried to run away but hearing this voice made me stop. It was DaeHyun. "HyeMi?" he called. I turned around and stood there. D.O was running trying to catch up to me. DaeHyun stepped in front of me to block him from me.

"What did you do?" DaeHyun growled. He was pissed. He didn't want me to cry because of D.O anymore. "Don't... stop hurting her. You don't understand her. You made it worse. Just..stop." He said.

"No... I was tellig her what happened.. I wanted her to know why-"

"Don't! Just leave now!!" DaeHyun spat. I was crying harder and DaeHyun embraced me into his broad arms. "It's ok HyeMi..I'm here for you. I won't let someone ever hurt you..especially that bastard." He soothed. I dug my face deeper into his shirt, making his shirt soaking wet from my tears.

"I'm sorry ... I cry all the time and i just--" I sobbed.

"Shh, it's ok" DaeHyun reassured. "I will protect you." He sat me down on a bench and we stayed there until I calmed down. "U ok?" Daehyun asked. I nodded. "Do you want coffee? I can buy you coffee" He warmly smiled. I eagerly nodded.

"Yes please~" I followed him to where the coffee shop was. DaeHyun pulled out a chair and waited for me to sit. HE then sat down and ordered coffee. "DaeHyun..I'm sorry for making you shirt ruined.." I said. DaeHyun chuckled.

"It's ok HyeMi-AH" He cupped my cheek and it with his thumb.

-DAEHYUN'S POV-

What am I doing?? her cheek.. I'm being such a creep. But she didnt move. Why do I feel like this? Why do I have the urge to protect her from everyone who gives her crap. Usually people would just leave it but..it's different. I need to protect her. I think I like HyeMi. Yoo YoungJAe, you now have a rival. A love rival.

The coffee came and we sipped it slowly, little by little. She was more relaxed, probably because she was with me and felt safe. "How's the coffee?" I said to break the silence.

"It's good.. gomawoyo Daehyun-oppa" SHe replied. Oh! Did she..call me oppa?

"Did you say.." I started but I decided not to ask. I widely smiled, happy that she called me 'oppa'. We made small conversation and were giggling, laughing, and having fun. Too much fun that I didn't notice someone was watching us. HyunA and D.O.

THe next day at school, I was excited to see HyeMi. I was walking in the hall when I heard a girl scream. I ran to where the sound was coming from and I saw HyeMi being dragged by HyunA.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Who are you to be talking to MY DaeHYun oppa? Huh !" HyunA shoved her to the ground, kicking her stomach with heels. HyeMi coughed and blood came out of . "This is what you want right? You asked for it! Drinking coffee with DaeHYun yesterday. You are an eye sore. Don't bother him!" HyunA screamed. SHe kicked HyeMi one more time before I stepped in.

"WHo the do YOU think you are? To treat someone like that. " I gritted. "You!" I pointed my finger at her, "Don't touch her. Don't call her an eye sore either, she's the last thing to an eye sore." I said. HyunA gasped.

"Oppa~ Did she brainwash you?" HyunA asked, searching my head to see if anything was wrong.

"Don't touch me." I smacked her hand away from me. I turned around to go pick HyeMi up but she was gone. "HyeMi? HyeMi??" I called for her but she was no where to be found. I then left the scene and went to go look for her. I went to the rooftop to see if she was there and yep there she was. D.O taking care of her. Ointment, bandage, and ice with him to help her. She passed out.

"I will take it from here." I whispered harshly. I bent down to see where she was hurt. There was a hand mark on her face, as if she was slapped across the cheek. A cut on her nose and red marks on her stomach.  D.O hesitated but I forced him to leave.

"Please.. take care of her.." He said and left quietly.

"HyeMi... Im sorry I wasnt there for you. But Im here now, I'll be there. I love you." I whispered. *I have this need to protect her. After all... I know this feeling. I can't let it happen to someone else this time. Last time... they disappeared from this world because of bullying.* My best friend, WooHyun, he was bullied. I stood up for him as much as possible but he couldnt do it anymore. He committed suicide. I was devastated but I knew I had to move on so I transferred to this school.

I didnt think there would be bullying like in WooHyun's case but I guess I was wrong. I never intended to fall for HyeMi but her courage, Her persoality, the way she is... thats what I fell for. I kissed her forehead and fell asleep with her head on my lap.

Double update!! Ok well I am going to Japan tomoro morning so I dont think I can update as much during the break. Im sorry but I hope you like this one. :) Comment subscribe and share this story please!! Love you all AFFers ;)