Chapter 23

Popular Trash

 

-HYEMI’S POV-

I slowly opened my eyes and woke up in a bed that was quite familiar to me. I looked around the room and found YoungJae and DaeHyun sitting by the bed looking down at the ground. I got up and sat on the bed with an emotionless face.

“Oh HyeMi-ah, you woke up. Gwenchana?” YoungJae worriedly asked. He got up and went over to the bedside table to get a cup of water and medicine. “Here, drink the water and take the medicine.” He urged. He placed the cup in my hands and smiled. I groaned and held onto my stomach tightly. “Are you feeling ok? How’s your stomach?” he asked.

I shook my head, “No… it hurts…a lot.”  I moved a little and felt more pain. I whimpered. DaeHyun got up and walked out the door in silence. YoungJae sat by my side and held onto my hand. He looked everywhere around the room trying to help me.

“I swear to god, they will pay.” He muttered. As he said that, DaeHyun walked in with ointment and a roll of bandage in his hand.

“Can you sit HyeMi?” DaeHyun asked. I nodded and tried getting up in an upright position. I lifted my shirt slightly so I was able to see the marks. I gasped, it was horrifying. My abdomen was red all over. There was dried up blood from the kicks I received from them.

“YoungJae…. Can you get me a wet towel.. please…” I asked. He looked at me then nodded. “Thanks.” I whispered. I scrunched my face together so I couldn’t see it.

“Are you ok? Lemme see it.” He said and walked over to my side. His eyes widened when he saw my cuts. “I’ll take care of it for you, I think you should just try to relax..” He chuckled from being nervous. YoungJae walked in with a wet towel in his hand and handed it to DaeHyun. DaeHyun wiped the dried blood away. I whimpered loudly.

“It hurts.” I said.

“I’m sorry HyeMi but I have to do this. I don’t want you to get an infection.” He said. He continued wiping the blood away softly. I went through the pain and kept it in until he was done. He finally finished wiping it away and I let a sigh of relief escape my mouth. He chuckled, “Sorry to tell you but we’re not done yet HyeMi-ah.” He said, I groaned in frustration and closed my eyes again. “I’m going to put the ointment on and then the bandages ok? Just a little bit more.” He reassured.

It felt good and bad, the ointment. It felt refreshing but I was also able to feel a searing pain. But that ended after he put the bandage on my stomach. “Thank you DaeHyun.” I thanked. YoungJae looked at me hoping I was gonna mention him too. “A-and YoungJae.” He smiled and I chuckled. My smile later turned into an expressionless face again. “I don’t want to go home… I’m afraid I’m going to get hurt more.” I confessed. They looked at each other. “Do you think I’m going to be ok?” I asked. 

“What’s going to happen at home?” YoungJae asked.

* * “N-n-nothing.” I stuttered and looked down. *What did I say? Aishh!*

“Tell us.” DaeHyun demanded. “Is it HyunA and her friends? D.O? What’s gonna happen at home.” He questioned.

“It’s nothing.” I replied. “Thanks for taking care of me…You’re probably sick of me. I’m sorry.” I apologized trying to change the subject. “I’m gonna go now. Thank you.” I said and tried to leave.

“Na-uh. You need more rest AND you have to tell us what’s gonna happen. We can prevent it from happening.” They said. My eyes watered because of what they said. No one ever said that to me and it felt…special.

“It’s not that easy and you can’t do anything. But thank you. I seriously mean it.” I thanked and left. *That was close.. I have to be more careful. I can’t let people know that Dad… abuses me. He’s my dad, my only family, I can’t do that.* I thought. I then went home and wuietly opened the door so I wouldn’t disturb my dad. But he heard everything.

“LEE HYEMI!” My father roared.

“Ne?” I whispered.

“Where the hell were you?? You didn’t make anything. What am I supposed to eat?” He asked angrily. I hung my head low and shrugged.

“Molla..” I answered.

“Molla? Molla? What kind of kid are you? I swear to god you’re a disgrace to be a ‘Lee’. Not make anything for your own dad. Aish.. chincha..” He muttered. I was pissed. Beyond pissed, I did not want my dad to call me a disgrace. What did I do to deserve this?

“What do you mean disgrace?? I never did anything to you. Why do you do this to me?? You don’t know what kind of life I have. It’s worse coming home, everythings the same. My school, my home, my everything. I don’t have anyone or anything and you won’t even do anything to help me!” I screamed. I stood up for myself and I was proud. My dad blinked and stood still, shocked that I said something for once. HE scoffed.

“All you do is go to school. Nothing happens all you do is learn. What are you crying about now? God dammit, Just leave. I’m getting pissed, you’re pissing me off. Leave!!!” He yelled. He shoved me and punched my stomach. “Here, your goodbye gift.” He said and poured a can of beer on my head.  He shoved my head against the wall and stomped off in his room. 

I bursted into tears and ran to my room. Limping along the way, I grabbed a suitcase and shoved my clothes in and a picture of my mom. I put all of my important things in and grabbed my school bag.” I HATE YOU!!”I yelled at my dad and left the house. I looked back, tears filling up my eyes and sighed. I walked to the main street and sat down near a bus stop.

“Eotteokhaji?” I mumbled. I felt immense pain on my stomach and held onto it. I crouched down on the ground and looked down. I then saw a pair of feet right in front of me. I slowly looked up and found Kai looking at me. “Please.. just this time don’t do anything. Please I beg you. I can’t move and I don’t have any money for the hospital. I can’t just please.” I begged. He stepped closer and crouched down. I flinched immediately.

“I won’t do anything to you… I learned my lesson.. from Suho hyung. I’m sorry.” He said. “What are you doing…here by yourself?” He asked. “It’s not safe for you to be here.” He murmured.

“I know.” I replied. “What about you? What are you doing. It’s late..” I asked.

“I was coming back from dance. You still didn’t answer my question.” He pointed. I tried avoiding his gaze. He still stood there waiting for my reply.

“I don’t have a place to stay.” I confessed. Kai made a face, “Where were you for the past 17 years. Where were you sleeping and stuff” He asked.

“A house.” I said.

“And?”

“And….I don’t have one anymore.” I replied. “I’m sorry but you should go. It’s getting late and.. it’s getting late.” I said.

“Get up.” He ordered.

“Eh?”

“Get up, just sleep at my place. I have an extra room. And don’t worry I won’t do anything to you.” He said.

“But-“

“You don’t have aplace to stay. Correct? So stay at my place, I’ll let you stay there.” He mumbled. He was watiting for me to get up.

“Is it really ok?” I asked.

“Yes, I’m serious. Its like a payback. I did a lot of things to you so now I’m making it up.” He answered.

“Okay. Thank you.” I bowed. *Can I trust him? * I got up and tried to walk but I couldn’t ove from the pain in my stomach. I fell down when I tried taking a step. “You know what its ok. I’ll just rent a motel or something.” I called.

“Wae?” He asked, realizing I was on the ground. “Get up. What are you doing on the ground?”

I shook my head. “I can’t get up..” I replied.

“Why?” He asked.

“HyunA.” I simply replied. “My stomach hurts too much, I can’t move.” I said. Kai walked over to me and then bent down in front of me.

“Get on, I’ll carry you.” He offered. “Ill hold your stuff too.”

 

 

Hey guys! In the plane xD like I said.

SO hows the chapter?? Thank you so much for subscribing. The last time I checked I got like 80 subscribers. How crazy is that?? Thank youuu!!!

I hope you like this chapter!!