Where Luhan Tried

Im Yoona; My Roommate

~~~

 

 

Yoona could feel her head spin

And the time slowed itself.

Her voice cracked and eyes watery as she dissolved the news. The great grief she tried to hold in couldn’t and wouldn’t calm down.

The painful clutch she felt in her heart just made her emotions to go crazy in sadness.

“I’m so sorry, Yoona. But it’s the truth,” Yeonhee said, quietly as she sank into her seat. Feeling so embarrassed that she would have the idea to keep the secret from her.

Truth?

Truth?!

No! Yoona shook her head. She believed that Yeonhee had gotten the wrong information.

There was no way that her dad would come to Paris to visit her mom annually.

There was no that her mom could have died over failed heart transplant.

That –that could not be possible.

It could not be the truth.

“You’re wrong,” Yoona said, weakly.

Yeonhee sighed Yoona’s name, begging for her to understand the situation, maturely.

“My mom is somewhere around Paris. Being part of the crowd. You got the wrong person.” Yoona protested.

“I’m really sorry, Yoon. I know that you never imagine this would happen–”

“No, I didn’t.” Yoona fought back.

Taking a deep breath and wiped her tears violently, she sighed, “I imagined seeing my mom, smiling. Breathing. Maybe even hug me if she accepts me, but no. I came all over to Paris to learn that she’s died several years back. And that neither of my family members even had the courage to tell me. I feel so betrayed right now.” Yoona’s voice cracked in the middle of her sentence but she kept on talking, saying what she felt at that moment.

Yoona stood up from her seat and walked passed her friend but Yeonhee stopped her before she could leave, “This is hard to believe but if you’re ready, I can show you where she is.”

“Maybe not now, Yeonhee. I need some space,” Yoona said, not wanting to look at Yeonhee in the eye.

Yoona tried to ignore her heart’s screams of disbelief and sorrow. The awful heartache was too much for her to handle that her knees were too weak to continue walking; losing her balance she nearly fell to the hard ground if it wasn’t for her savior.

“Yoona, are you okay?” Luhan held her into his arms, but her expression stayed the same, painful but still.

“My umma.” Yoona stared to the ground, completely dazed.

“Yoon-”

“She’s dead,”

Yoona looked at him, “She’s not here anymore. This whole trip was a complete waste of time.”

Luhan continued to hold her, he didn’t matter that they were still in the middle of the walkway. She needed a hug and he was giving her one, one that could assure her that no matter what he would still be there for her.

“Luhan, take me back to our room, please.” Yoona mumbled on, her head nodded from sudden dizziness and her legs wouldn’t cope with her any longer.

“Okay, okay.” Luhan carried her into his arms; it didn’t matter to him that all eyes were on them.

He didn’t care the slightest.

***

After slipping the card into the slot, and a green light gave them access to their room. Yoona, who was still in Luhan’s arms, had her arms weakly wrapped around her boyfriend’s neck. The whole walk they had –Luhan had, since he had to carry Yoona- was quiet as Yoona silently cried their way back. Her tears slid down her delicate cheek and every drop had hurt Luhan greatly, as if he was being stabbed in the stomach repeatedly.

Night after night, Yoona wouldn’t talk to him. She would just either shook, nod her head or shrug her shoulders. The latter was most frequently used. But there was no verbal response from her so far. And it worried Luhan. They would be leaving for Korea in two days.

And Luhan knew that he had to do something for her. Anything to make lift her spirits up. Any positive information from her birth mom. And there was only one person who could help him.

It was three in the morning, Yoona was asleep, with dried tears on her face. Luhan, who was wide wake, wiped the dried tears away and peck her forehead, her hair as he rested his head on his palm. A sudden blinking light lit the room and the vibration it made a small noise on the side table. Luhan reached over to his phone and half smiled after reading the text message. He sent a thank message to the sender and promised to meet up the minute the sun got up.

Yoona woke up feeling half dead.

Betrayed, yes.

Tired –of crying, yes.

Weak, very.

She didn’t suspect this at all. Although it all started to make sense. Taemin used to support her but all of the sudden he avoided every time she mentioned about the topic. Mr and Mrs.Lee would do the same. Her father would usually scold her but the most hurtful memory would be when her own sister slapped her once, when Yoona was very curious that she asked.

Yoona dragged her legs to meet the floor and straighten out her bed hair. A note with her name caught her eyes, and obviously it was from Luhan. She took the small note and unfold it.

Yoon,

I see that you’re awake –not really see, but you get what I mean. Take a warm bath and enjoy your breakfast. I’m sorry that I couldn’t be with you. But promise me that you’ll smile today. Even though I wouldn’t see it, I’ll be happy to know that you finally got your smile back.

I’ll be back to you soon, I have something to do for the time being.

Yoona sighed, why did bad things kept on happening in this trip? She blamed herself.

“Oh Luhan, I’m sorry that I’ve ruined our trip.” Yoona said.

He was probably walking around Paris, trying to get off of Yoona’s mess. Yoona clutched her fist, feeling so guilty but then read the last four lines.

And smiled.

I love you.

Luhan.

~~~

 

Okay I can't make Yoona hate Luhan

because Yoona is not like that

But the girl is upset

But she's smart enough to not do anything she would regret the next day, right?

Plus I won't, repeat, WON'T break Luyoon.

Why would I do that? 

:P 

Comment and subscribe! :D 

Love Saph.