Learning The Painful Truth

Im Yoona; My Roommate

 

 

~~~

“Whoa! You brought her back to Dobong-Gu? Wae? You should’ve given me a head start. Because there’s this one guy in our old group, he was so flirty and nasty, I woul-” Taemin said, rather quickly that it seemed that he was rapping with a different beat.

Obviously he was talking about Park Taekyung. Luhan just brushed him off, “Its okay, Taemin. I know who you’re talking about-”

“Park Taekyung,” They said simultaneously.

“Oh, dude. Your date must have been a bad one,” Sehun said, gently patting Luhan’s back, "But, hey, at least she stuck by you,". Kai was nodding his head and tuck Luhan’s head in between his neck and shoulder, and patted his head, “Cheer up hyung.”

“What are you guys talking about?” Luhan freed himself from his two dongsaengs, “My date went fine, and Taekyung did nothing to ruin our date. Yoona and I even kissed-”

“What?!” Taemin sprang up to his feet and yelled. His eyes said everything, “You kissed my noona?!”
And his face also told them that he found it very hard to believe.

“Was it an innocent kiss or a mak –make –Oh, I can’t say it,” Taemin paced around the room and finally back to the sofa, where he sat down, burying his face.

Sehun and Kai was nudging Luhan to say, as they mouthed, “Innocent kiss or you’re dead,”
 

Luhan said softly, “Innocent kiss, nothing big happened. I swear.” Luhan couldn’t understand why he was more scared of Taemin than Yoona’s dad. It was like Taemin was the second father, or third. The way he protected Yoona was really something, but Luhan couldn't even finished that sentence, in that state, he became too narrow minded to even think of an adjective to even describe that man.

“Oh my god, okay this is a lot to take,” Taemin said,

“Yah, Lee Taemin. This is not your relationship, its Luhan and Yoona’s. What’s wrong with you?” Kai knocked his head.

“Yea, Kai is right. Stop being so … err… help me out here guys,” Sehun swung his gaze from Kai to Luhan, back and forth.

“Over protective,”

“Overly dramatic,”

“Sehun, Kai. You both have a sister. How would you react if they are dating?” Taemin pointed out with a stone-face.

“I would freak out-” Sehun stopped before Taemin could interrupt his explanation, “But if she’s happy then I don’t wanna be the bad guy and wreak her relationship, her chance of happiness.”
 

Taemin sighed, “Okay, fine. I’ll stop being so overly dramatic and overly protective.”

Sehun and Kai went over to him, and patted him on the back, “But if anything goes wrong, you are more than dead to me.” Taemin added.

Sehun and Kai rolled their eyes in annoyance, “Okay, let’s celebrate! Luhan hyung is all grown up and has become a person’s man! Congrats hyung.”

“I’ll get the beer!” Sehun continued, as he made his way to the kitchen.

“You guys have beers in your freakin’ apartment?!” Luhan’s eyes widen.

“Hyung, we’re eighteen. It’s okay for us to drink beer. Plus, Taemin was the first one who brought them home once Sehun turned 18.” Kai said, pointing at the trembling Taemin, who had his waving his hands and mouthed “No” but obviously Kai didn’t see it which made Taemin palmed his face once Kai finished his sentence.

Luhan’s glare shifted to Taemin, “They’re legal now, so why not?” Taemin shrugged but his face clearly said that he was nervous of Luhan..?

Luhan shook his head, he kept forgetting that Sehun and Kai were eighteen now. He bet that Kai even watched , but Sehun might not. Well, knowing Sehun a long time, he just couldn’t imagine the picture; he still thought that Sehun was the same fourteen year old boy who called him just to make Luhan hear his cracked voice. Oh Sehun.

“Okay, I’ll let this one slide,” Luhan said finally, although Kai didn’t really cared, but he was feeling a little touched by Luhan’s gesture of being the older brother to them both.

“So anything interesting happened on your date?” Kai changed the subject.

Luhan thought for a moment and nodded, “Yea, in fact, Taemin, can I talk to you for a minute?”

Kai nodded his head to the kitchen and mumbled that he would help Sehun.

“What is it?” Taemin asked, once Kai was out of the room.

“When we were at your place, your mom showed me a photo album with various pictures of Yoona, her sister, your brother and you-”

“Wait a minute, you saw a picture of me when I was a kid,” Taemin rephrased,

Luhan just stared at him dumbly and mumbled, “Yes, you were adorable. Happy?”

“Anyway, Yoona pointed out this one necklace; a silver necklace with small diamond pendent, shaped likes a tear-drop.

Taemin widen his eyes, “How did my mom react?”

“Your mom. Yes, that was exactly what I wanted to talk about, when Yoona left the room; your mom started talking about saving Yoona from getting herself hurt or something like that. Do you know what’s going on? If Yoona –no, wait scratch that, I know that Yoona is involved. It worries me a lot, if anything happens to her. Please, tell me. Your mom looked pretty scared back then, why is that?”

Taemin sighed. Shifting in his seat, fidgeting with his fingers before voicing out, “I may have heard from umma something, but I’m not sure if this has something to do with your –I mean noona’s situation,”

Taemin took a deep breath before motioning Luhan to draw nearer as he whispered, “Every year, at around mid autumn, uncle would always go to Paris, France. Over the same excuse year after year; work. But even I know he was lying, but noona believed him. I never really know the solid reason since I was still young then.”

“But one day,” Taemin continued, “Uncle got a call while I was playing hide and seek with my brother, Yoona noona and her sister. I was hiding underneath the kitchen sink, so I can hear uncle picking up the phone and by the sound of his voice cracked; like he could comprehend –or chose not to that is. I sneaked a peek, and saw him on his knees on the floor, clutching his chest as tears rolled down his cheeks uncontrollably but he bit his lips, like he didn’t want other people to hear him crying.”

“Two days later, uncle announced that he had to go to Paris, saying that it was urgent.” Taemin ended.  

“I also heard my mom talking to uncle, saying that he needs to pull himself together and be strong for both his daughters. Right at that moment, I knew that Yoona’s birthmother was somehow involved. Because he kept mumbling why did she left them at the first place. Whispering a female’s name repeatedly, like it could bring the person back to him. I had to actually hide myself in order to find this information. At first, I wanted to help noona. But I think agree with my mom. I seriously don’t know how she’s gonna handle it.”

Luhan looked, down to his feet. Taemin didn’t need to say anything. Luhan knew that there was a high possibility that Yoona’ mom was not even around anymore.

“I remember when she showed me the necklace. She was so happy.” Taemin smiled at the memory, but suddenly frowned, “I can’t ruin that for her.”

“So you let her stay in her fantasy land, where she doesn’t have any clue to these happenings?” Luhan shot a question.

“It’s better,” Taemin said, briefly.

Luhan beg to differ, he was ready to defend Yoona’s side but Sehun and Kai came back with four cans of beer.

~~~

Happy Birthday Kim Jong In! 

The man is 19! 

20, in korean age! 

May Exo and other SM bands and artists will be blessed with great success!
<3 <3 

 

Anyways, comment and subscribe! 

Love, The Author <3 

Just so y'know. I would like to sinerely thank all of you who supported me! 

I'll work harder in the future.