Learning Something New About Luhan

Im Yoona; My Roommate

SNSD - Baby Maybe PICTURE DECODED // lyrics on the screen // Girls' Generation - YouTube

 

~~~

 

After spending the entire morning and early afternoon with Yoona, Luhan had learned a lot from her. How she used to go bowling in her free time. How she was a shy person at first but changed dramatically when she knew that person well.

They enjoyed their time together; exchanging stories and exploring her childhood. Bring her back to memory lane had really relax every tension that was building up; a get away from the city was all they need.

Luhan mentally complimented himself for bringing her here, it was refreshing to see more green than buildings and towers every now and then, a change in environment to clear out their day.

They arrived to the train station, only to be notified that their train had technical difficulties.

“Well, I asked that man over there, and he said that it might take them a few minutes, thirty-minute tops,” Luhan said to Yoona, as he took the seat next to her.

“Oh, I don’t really mind. Today turned out great. Didn’t expect this would be the place of our first date.” Yoona said with a smile, a thankful smile.

“Well, first dates are supposed to be about getting to know each other and what other way for a man to know his girl than by learning where she came from, where she grew up.” Luhan answered, patting himself on the back.

“But I don’t remember telling you about this place, where did you find out?” Yoona asked.

“Taemin,”

Yoona snapped her fingers, “I should’ve known. Where else would you find that info,” Yoona dumbly asked herself the rhetorical question.

A few minutes of swinging their legs on the metal bench on the subway platform, in silence and catching their breath, Yoona started to faced Luhan and poked his cheeks, “Lulu, we spent the whole morning together till now,” Yoona stretched her sentence.

Luhan just absent-mindedly nodded, let out a short hum in response.

“Tell me about yours,” Yoona said finally.

“Didn’t we get through this before?” Luhan arched his brow, looking at her quizzically.

“I know a little about your past and precious memories, tell me. I wanna know my own boyfriend’s highlight of his childhood memories.” Yoona pled, swaying his arm a little.

Luhan chuckled lowly; he was both pleased and stunned that Yoona was so interested of his past, if only he knew that he was a fascinating topic that she had ever paying attention to.

Luhan thought for a moment as he was going through a lot of scenes of his past and trying to find a good one to tell her, but there was one particular memory that made Luhan grunted and doubled over in embarrassment. Covering his face as he remembered how it happened.

“Oh, I sensed something,” Yoona waved her hands around like a mime in an imaginary box, with her lips crooked to the side ‘dorkily’ and lastly grinned as she continued to poke Luhan, this time at his side.

“I don’t want to tell you this one, cause, looking back, I looked like an idiot!” Luhan mumbled to his palm.

But Yoona insisted to know and after a while, he finally released a sigh in defeat.

“I will only tell you this once, so don’t bother asking for a second embarrassing flashback story form me, got it,” Luhan playfully held out his pinky to Yoona which she took.

 “This is my highlight of my seven-year-old memory, because of this, I couldn’t –no, I chose not to set foot onto the kitchen floor ever, but if I had to, I would run as fast as I can,”

Yoona nodded, although she didn’t know where he was going with this.

“Mama was cooking dinner, I remember that afternoon, because I kept going back and forth from my room to the kitchen just to ask when Sehun and his family would arrive,”

“Mama told me that I should clean my room so that it would look more welcoming or something like that, and I did that. But when I was tidying up my room, I threw all of the toys that I wanted to use to play with Sehun, that time he was still, three years old. And since I wouldn’t want to hurt a baby, I wanted to ask my mom what toys should I prepare for Sehun and I to play with togther.” Luhan’s hands were flinging around, as an attempt of hand gestures to add more ‘excitement’ to his story, to explain more vividly.

“I went to the kitchen and all I could hear were tins clacking, vigorously. Almost violently. Of course I became aware, I poked my head to the kitchen door, and mama wasn’t in there. No one was. But the noise didn’t stop, it made me wonder; who made that noise?” Luhan whispered his question in a hush tone, making a spooky and creepy effect to it, resulting Yoona to jerk backwards as Luhan leaned forward.

“I remember my knees were shaking like crazy, and my lips trembling in fear. Who wouldn’t? I knew that I was alone in that house only with my mother, no one else. But that noise was haunting and echoed and bounced back from the kitchen walls. Would you be freaked out over the two blinking lights; one red and the other green, gaping at you?”

“What was it?” Yoona squeaked,

“Oh, it was the rice cooker.” Luhan answered calmly.

Yoona had her eyes widen and mouth to the floor, “Are you kidding me?! You were scared over a rice cooker? How –why –what?” Yoona shouted but eventually ended it clueless mumbles.

“In my defense, I was seven-year-old, I believed in a lot of things, I was scared of a lot of things. And face it; I had a very unique and wild imagination. The rice cooker’s lid would start to shake uncontrollably but not too dangerous –okay, maybe I was exaggerating back then. But, with the lid shaking like crazy, the small circular light blinking from red to green and the old tag –that was partly ripped off- it looked like a mouth so all together, it looked like a monster and I –why are laughing like that?” Luhan stared at his girlfriend weirdly.

“You were scared over a –rice cooker! That is something you don’t hear every day!” Yoona gasped in between her laughter.

“Seriously how?” Yoona asked, somewhat seriously this time.

Luhan opened his mouth, but eventually closed it, he cocked his head to the side, “I’m not sure how to answer that, mainly because I don’t have my seven-year-old brain slash imagination to support that question,”

“Mama, who was just come back from who-knows-where, was shocked because I ignored her and just ran passed her and up the stairs to my room, screaming. I even stacked pillows on the side of my bed and would be in my solider costume –yes, complete with helmet and guns- just to protect myself from the ‘monster’, so I hope that little story satisfy you,” Luhan clapped his hands and a sign to officially end his flashback, and stood up to his feet and brushed off the imaginary dust on his worn-out jeans.

“Are you kidding? Now, I could blackmail you.” Yoona smiled innocently and wiggled her free foot.

Luhan gulped. *Why did I even tell her about it?! Note to self; do not spill anymore embarrassing secrets*

Luhan turned, to see Yoona playing around with a necklace around her neck, *I didn’t remember her wearing that before,*

“Yoon, where did you get that from?” Luhan asked carefully, pointing to the silver necklace, with a small shiny diamond pendant.

“This, I took the call I had back at umma’s place in my old room, while talking to Taeyeon unnie, I was checking around my old shoe box, filled with junks I stuffed inside, and I found this. How lucky was I?” Yoona smiled.

“You seemed to share some kind of fundamental value to it?” Luhan trailed

“I think it belonged to my umma, my birthmother. I don’t know about her much, never met her before so this was my only source of connection to her.” Yoona answered, looking down to her shoes.

Luhan couldn’t stand seeing her sad like this, so he held her small, soft hand into his, at the same time, the train was finally ready to go. He nodded to the train, “Let’s go home, our home.” Luhan said softly.

A smile spread upon Yoona’s lips as she nodded her head and went inside the train, to their home.

 

Luhan knew the more he asked about her sensitive topic, the higher the chance of Yoona’s tears to fall, and Luhan didn’t want that, he wanted to see her smile and laugh, to give her a goodtime in her old neighborhood, certainly not to cry. 

 

~~~

 

Sorry, I haven't been updating in like, four days... :/

I hope you guys are ready for what's coming up next! 

Heheh... :P

Comment, subscribe and upvote! ;)

I'm gonna miss this poster, i like it so much! T^T