Confession

Im Yoona; My Roommate

~~~

 

“Did you hear what the manager said, ‘You knocked down my beans!’” Yoona threw her head back out of laughter, “I mean, what is that?!”

Luhan just silently laughed, his thoughts were partly occupied by something else. But of course, he would make an exception for Yoona. 

“Wah, it’s amazing how the night sky is so pretty tonight.” Yoona exclaimed after a moment of silent.

“Yea, it looks like it has been ripped out of a movie scene,” Luhan said, “the typical cheesy romance movies, I don’t know why you girls like to watch them, you all cry at the end anyways. I see no point.”

“Heartless Luhan,” Yoona joked.

“I am not heartless, take that back,” Luhan tickled her side.

“Okay, okay. I take it back.” Yoona gasped in between her laughter after a minute being tickled.

Trapped in Luhan’s embrace, they ended up being so close. Hot blush began to rise up to their cheeks as their heart raced to their close contact. Luhan still held her by the waist but soon straighten up and make sure that Yoona was standing right before letting her go. Things had gotten a lot more awkward after Luhan fake-coughed.

A moment later, the realized that they had been standing for quite some time that Luhan gestured them to continue walking.

Yoona just looped her arm with Luhan’s and leaned her head on his shoulder. Luhan took it as a sign.

*Here goes nothing.*

Walking back home, Luhan looked over to his right; Yoona was resting her head on his shoulder, “Tell me something. But promise me that you’ll be 100 percent honest and answer from your heart.” Luhan said, softly.

Yoona mumbled a yes, she knew where this was going and she felt sort of relief just to discuss things out. No more vague messages. No more confusing signals, just plain and straightforward words that were clear and understandable.

“How do you feel about… me?” Luhan started, still walking and holding her in his arm but he couldn’t control the nervousness rushing through his body, the answer that Yoona was about to tell would be a beginning or an end to something.

“At first, I didn’t know how to react, I mean, you came unexpectedly and it was a lot to take; you moving in with me, I didn’t even know you but seeing Taemin, the person I trust, looked at you like you were his brother ,despite the fact that he didn’t have many friends in the past. I figured that there must be a reason why you seemed so reliable minus the whole first meeting we had,” she paused and smiled, “But lately, I don’t know what to think of you,”

Luhan frowned, what was that supposed to mean?

“You were something to me, Luhan. You suddenly meant the whole world to me. It’s scary but I like it, a lot.” She turned to face Luhan, “What about you? How do you feel about me?”

Luhan hesitated with his words, he carefully tried to find the right thing to say without going too far, “I don’t wanna start with how I feel about you when we first met, I think it’s quite clear to you and there’s no need for me to answer that. But recently, you had successfully dominating my mind effortlessly. And when I said dominating, I really mean it. I couldn’t stop thinking about you, no matter how cheesy that sounds and downright cliché,” Luhan chuckled, “But truthfully speaking, Yoona; I don’t think I can only be your friend or just roommate. It hurts me when you introduced me like that. I want to be more than that.  But I don’t want to rush things between us, too. I like you, Yoona, I really like you. So I’m asking you right now, I need a clear answer here; Im Yoona, do you like me too?”

Luhan stopped Yoona, holding firmly to her shoulders and stared deeply into her shiny, brown orbs lovingly, with pure gentleness written all over his face.

Yoona was stunned, but Luhan’s gentle expression made her feel a lot calmer than she thought. 

Yoona shyly nodded, “But truthfully, I’m new to this, all of this.” She hung her head.

Luhan raised her chin to meet his eyes, “Then, we’ll take it slow. The last thing that I want to do is to force you to do something you are not comfortable with,” Luhan got closer and peck her forehead.

The peck was simple and quick but enough to make the both of their heart beat rapidly, “So, we’re dating now?” Luhan asked, looking into Yoona eyes.

Yoona nodded again, smiling widely.

Luhan couldn’t contained his happiness, ran with his arms spread out, “Yoona is mine, you hear that world, she said yes!” he cheered, pumping his fist to the air.

The rush and excitement he felt was like he was competing in a race, but to Yoona he had already won first place. She giggled and began to jog to him, “people are staring, Lu,” Yoona said.

“So?” he pecked her cheek and pulled her close, “I don’t mind.” Luhan added with a smile. “Do you? Nah, I don’t think so,”

He took her hand and spun her around, “It feels a lot better after saying that,” Luhan said with a sigh, “I’ve waited so long to let that out.”

“Yea, I’ve been waiting too. What took you so long?” Yoona looked to him.

Luhan just scratched his head in embarrassment, “Delay…” He answered carefully, looking away from her but still smiling.

“There better not be any more delays in the future,” she poked his cheeks in every word she spoke.

“Neh,” Luhan nodded.

They had no idea how did they get to this sort of conversation, but falling for this particular topic wasn’t a bother to them at all.

“Just for the record, this does not count as our official first date.” Luhan said, playing with Yoona’s fingers. Yoona gave him a questioning look.

Not their first date?

They had gone to a lot of places together; lately Luhan had been sending her to campus, no matter how late he could be for his own class, in another university. “Do you really want our first date to end up being in a supermarket’s blacklist, I wouldn’t allow that.”

Yoona stared out and smiled, “  I don’t mind, actually. It’s spontaneous and fun. I liked it. It’s the kind of memory that we will laugh out when we look back to it. Don’t you think?”

Luhan thought for a minute.

“Yea, I think so. But that won’t stop me from making our next date special.” Luhan clarified with a sincere smile. To guarantee a spectacular date, just for her.

“Is that so, why are you so confident that I’ll say yes?” Yoona tested.

“But- we are-” Luhan stuttered. Yoona gave Luhan’s forearm a light squeeze, “I’m only joking, Lulu.”

“Don’t do that,” Luhan mumbled, looking down as they walked their way home.

~~~