Heart To Heart

Im Yoona; My Roommate

Ne-Yo ft. Cassandra Steen - Never Knew I Needed ; Lyrics - YouTube

and 

EXO-M - Baby Don't Cry (Eng Sub) - YouTube

~~~

 

 

Yoona lit up the candle and placed it on the coffee table. While Luhan was doing the same thing only to the other side of the table.

“Yoon, I guess we just have to stay here since we only have two candle sticks.”

Yoona nodded. She invited Luhan to the seat next to her. Luhan wondered why Yoona chose to sit on the floor when they could comfortably on the soft couch.

“Did Taemin ever tell you that I usually do this when it rained outside?” Yoona asked him as she lied down on the hard floor and pressed her ear onto the surface of the floor.

“No. why would you do that? Won’t your cheeks feel cold?” Luhan questioned with a small smile.

“Why don’t you try it out and check it yourself.” Yoona smiled back before closing her eyes.

Luhan was getting curious that he copied her every moved. He lied down next to her and pressed his ear to the floor while facing her. Right before he closed his eyes, he took a second to admire her face.

He heard it. Water dropped onto the roof above them. “What do you hear?” Yoona asked.

“Water dropping.”Luhan answered quietly.

“This has always calms me down since I was a baby. I guess something’s never changed. Taemin’s mom said that I would immediately stop crying. No matter how heavy the rain maybe outside, once you pressed your ear to the floor or the wall even, it seemed to cool down a bit. And I’ve always find it relaxing.” Yoona explained.

*Taemin’s mom?*

“My mom, she left me when I was a baby. I didn’t even get to hear her voice or feel her presence. I only learned her name from my older sister when I was only five years old. I never knew her whereabouts. Once I caught my father crying while cleaning up his office when we were about to move in with Taemin’s family, as soon as he was out of that room, I went in and found a picture of my mother. I asked Taemin’s mom, that’s how I know.”Yoona stopped for a while to prevent her tears from falling. “All those years, I’ve always thought that Taemin’s mom was my mom because I was too young. The first time I called her, Omma. That was also the first time my sister slapped me across my face.”

Luhan opened his eyes, only to see Yoona to wrinkle her eyebrows together, obviously in pain.

“Yoon- I’m sorry.” Luhan wasn’t sure what to say.

“It’s hard to regret something you never have.” Yoona said as she got herself up and hugged her knees together. “Have?” Luhan raised up as well sitting beside her, letting their shoulders touch “Her love. Real motherly love from my real mother. All these years, I was left wondering to why she abandoned her family. I don’t get it.” Yoona mumbled softly.

Luhan listened to her as he gently pulled her closer with his left arm wrapped around her shoulder so that her head would lie between his neck and shoulder.

“I found out why my father goes to Paris every year. My mother. She must be there. I know. I’m very sure of that. That was why I was strict about money. That was why I wanted a roommate in the first place, that was why I pushed myself into working a lot of times. I want to save money to go to Paris and see her, Lu. I’ve been saving money to meet her. I want to see her, the real her. Not some picture Taemin’s mom kept as a reminder of her sister-in-law slash best friend. I want to hear her voice for the first time. I just want to see my mom, Lu”

Yoona started to cry and that made Luhan to be very concern now. Yoona was crying on his shoulder and all he could to was to hold her and cradled her.

Luhan hushed her, “Yoon, don’t cry. Please, don’t cry. Your tears are my worst enemies. If you want to see her, I’ll support you. Meet her, go ahead. I’ll be right behind you, beside you even. As long as you are happy.”

Luhan started to hum to a soft balled song and that humming ended with Luhan singing.

 

Baby don’t cry, tonight
when the dark night lit up
Baby don’t cry, tonight
just treat it as if nothing happened

You will never be like foam
don’t you know that
so baby don’t cry, cry
my love will protect you and never let go

Luhan ended the song by giving Yoona a soft peck on the crown on her head and hugged her tightly.

“Don’t you ever forget that there will always be a place in me for you to call home. Yoon. Never ever feel that you don’t belong.”

Luhan continued to rock her gently and hummed to the soft tune.

 

“Luhan?” Yoona said, shakily.

 “Hmm?

“Why are you so nice to me?” Yoona asked, snuggling more to his broad shoulder.

“Didn’t I explain the same thing to your dad this morning?” Luhan answered vaguely.

Yoona didn’t reply him which made Luhan thought that she somehow like him back but when he took a good look of Yoona, he soften.

“You tired, aren’t you?” Luhan stretched his arm to get the small cushion on the couch and put behind her head as he placed her down.  He grabbed his phone and rushed to his room to fetch two blankets and a couple of pillows, using the light from his phone to make sure not to bump into something and wake Yoona up.

He came back and carried Yoona onto the couch, put a pillow under her head and cover her body with the blanket, which was something new to Luhan. He didn’t like it when people use his blanket. But Yoona was the only acceptation.

Yoona stirred in her sleep and mumbled, “Luhan…”

Luhan, who was on the floor next to her, setting a place for him to sleep at, looked up to Yoona.

“I love you.” Yoona muttered.

Luhan smiled widely as he leaned over her head and kissed her forehead. *I know, Yoon.* 

He then lie down on the soft carpet and snuggle to his pillow, he knew he would have the happiest dream ever tonight. 

 

~~~  

Enjoy! :D

Comment and subscribe! :D