Ice Cream

The English Teacher

 

 

Zelo's POV:

Finally we had arrived at the ice cream shop. I had to endure ten minutes stuck in the back with Youngjae, while Jongup and Himchan teased Joyce.

"Yah, hyungs what do you want?" I called from the counter. "Aish! Slow down," I said as they all started to talk at once.

"Two chocolate mint, one raspberry surprise, and two vanilla's with sprinkles." said Yongguk, in charge as always.

"What about?" I asked, looking down at Joyce who had volunteered to help me with all the ice creams.

"I'm not sure," she said biting her lip, "What's good here?"

I nodded and approached the counter. "Two chocolate mint, one raspberry surprise, two vanilla's with sprinkles and . . . two triple chocolate sundaes, please Ahjumma," I asked the woman at the counter, bowing.

"Here, hold this," I told Joyce giving her the two mint ice creams and the raspberry surprise. "Go bring them over there," I nodded in the direction of my hyungs. "Gamsahabnida, Ahjussi." I bowed paying her.

"Sundaes?" said Jongup, eyeing up my ice cream. "Hey, Joyce, wanna switch?" he asked her, offering her his already half demolished one.

"Of course she doesn't, hyung," I snapped. "Now budge up and give me room," I told him sitting down. I was sitting on one side of the table with Jongup, Himchan and Youngjae. I was sitting across from Joyce, of course. She was sitting beside Himchan, who was in turn sitting beside Daehyun, who was staring out the window, ignoring his ice cream.

"Aish!" I complained gripping my head.

"Brain freeze?" Joyce noticed. I just nodded my head. "You babo, you shouldn't eat so fast!" she laughed.

"Aish!" she complained, gripping her head as well.

"Brain freeze?"I asked sarcastically. She nodded her head. "You babo, you shouldn't eat so fast!" I mimicked her.

 

Oh my beautiful target, you zoom zoom heart like a rocket
Oh my beautiful target, you zoom zoom heart like a rocket
I like it like it like it

 

All of a sudden B1A4's 'Beautiful Target' started playing. I looked around for the source of the noise until I noticed it was right in front of me . . . Joyce. She blushed and answered her phone.

"Annyeonghaseo," she said, embarassed we were all looking at her. Himchan seemed particularly offended.

"Oppa!" she exclaimed all of a sudden. Wait . . . did she say Oppa? Did that mean she had a boyfriend? When she was talking about it earlier, during the English lesson, she was talking too fast for me to understand.

"You what?" she scoffed down the phone, "When? Hold on, I'll ask. . . um . . . Yongguk Oppa," she asked tentatively. "Is there an airport near here?"

He looked at her for a while. "Here, hand over the phone and I'll talk to him if you want?"he offered.

Joyce nodded, "Oppa, I'm handing the phone over to Yongguk-ssi. He'll expain it to you, okay?". She handed the phone over to Yongguk. He started explaining the airports in Seoul to him, said goodbye and handed the phone back to Joyce. She said goodbye and hung up, looking a lot happier.

"Yah!" bursted Himchan, breaking he silence that had settleed over the group, since the phone call had interrupted us. "Do you wanna tell us why another band is your ringtone and not us?"

"Mwol?" Joyce looked shocked. "Oh, that's my favourite song." she beamed at him. She really didn't seem to undersatnd she offended him.

"Aish, have you no loyalty?" he seemed to be getting angrier by the minute. "Yah, give me your phone.". He took her phone, I smiled, I knew what he was doing.

"Yah, what are you doing, give it back!" she pleaded. He took out his own phone and started sending her B.A.P's first album.

"There, now you can have B.A.P as your ringtone," he grinned.

"Aish," she shook her head, grinning back at him.

 

Joyce's POV:

"Gamsahabnida Oppa's" I thanked them bowing. "I'll see you tomorrow Zelo," I waved to them and left the dorm. It was only three o'clock in the evening, so I would be perfectly safe, walking home.

I was so excited. My oppa had rung at lunch to tell me that he was arranging a flight for Laura to come over to visit me in the next month or so. I was just passing the pub and the alley way where the . . . incident happened. I started shivering and crossed the road, trying to avoid it.

I got home safely and decided that maybe I should do some school work, or else I'd fall behind.

I'd spent too long with B.A.P these past few days. I'd barely known them three days, but they were just so easy to talk to, and I quickly lost track of time. I wonder why Daehyun didn't want me to tell them about the incident though? He was probably embarassed about it, i concluded. And what was with his reaction to the question? What had happened there? Erghh, this boy sure was frustrating.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________