Arranged Marriage . . . . . ?

The English Teacher

 

 

"Mwoh?" Daehyun asked in complete disbelief. "Jinyoung? Yah! Who is he? Why does she have to marry someone?" He couldn't hold in his anger. The other B.A.P members were staring at him in uttter apprehension. Nana wasn't able to hold in her laughter anymore. She erupted in a fit of giggles, and clutched her stomach.

"You babo," I scolded her, whacking her arm. "The only Jinyoung you know is from B1A4, and even then you don't know him personally!"

"Yeah, but it worked didn't it?" She said after she finished laughing for long enough to speak. She looked at me, and then Daehyun and burst out laughing again.

"Eh? I don't understand." Zelo's brow was furrowed in concentration.

"She was lying Zelo," I explained. "She just, ergh . . . wanted to see how you'd all react." I finished lamely.

"React?" Yongguk was bewildered as well. "I'm confused."

"Me too," Jongup added his voice to the party.

"Aish! Jinjja? Are your brains addled? She just wanted to test how certain people would react!" I snapped, angry at Nana for her joke.

"Woah! No need to shout Joycie." Himchan raised his two hands, as if he was surrending.

"Mian," I apologised. "I'm just on edge, because of some people." I nudged Nana in the ribs.

"Ah, it's not my fault, you wouldn't tell me, so . . ." She shrugged her shoulders, as if it wasn't her fault.

"I was going to tell you later. I was going to stay with you tonight and tell you some important ergh . . . events that has happened here," I told her in English so that B.A.P wouldn't understand.

"Events? Oh, so you're going to tell her about your job and the stuff you wouldn't tell us?" Jongup blurted out. Nana's eyes widened. I guess he's gotten better at English. I'm a better teacher than I thought.

"Job? Jinjja, Joy? I leave you alone for two seconds and you get an interesting life and don't tell me anything," Nana pouted. I rolled my eys at her, and went to pack my bag.

 

                                                                    *                     *                      *

 

Me and Nana were in our pajamas on her hotel bed. It was the last night she was staying here, so I thought I might as well give her hand packing, and we could talk properly without B.A.P hovering over our shoulders.

"So, you going to tell me why you told them I had an arranged marriage?" I asked her.

"So I could figure out who you liked, and who liked you," she winked. I blushed bright red. Nana misinterpreted my redness. "Even though, I haven't been here long, I can tell he likes you."

"I know," I said shyly. "I like him too. He knows."

"MWOH? Tell me everything now!"

"Erm . . . let's see where do I start . . .?" I started telling Nana everything. From when I first arrived in Seoul, sitting beside Zelo, the lessons, Daehyun's odd behaviour, Taerin, the extra job, and when I told her about the attacks, her eyes became saucers, and she nearly had a paniac attack. I showed her my wounds, and she started crying. I knew that she blamed herself for my bruises, which was stupid. I gave her a hug, and calmed her down.

"You babo! Do B.A.P know?" she asked me, wiping away her tears with the back of her hand.

"Ani, you're the first person I've told. I'm too afraid to tell them," I confessed.

"Well, tomorrow, you're telling them. You never know, they could be in danger too. So, you think it's this Taerin then?"

"Ne. I'm not too sure about her."

"Well, I better confront her, and each her a lesson not to mess with my Joy-ah," she said menacingly, punching her fist into the palm of one hand.

"At least let me tell Daehyun and B.A.P first, please?" I asked her.

"Fine. Omo! What's with you and lover boy?" When I told her about the confession, she squealed in delight, and started jumping up and down like a demented bunny.

"Calm down crazy, tokki!"

Around half eleven we finally fell asleep. Exhausted. Unaware that someone was outside the hotel building.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------