Flawless

The English Teacher

 

 

The wind whipped my hair into my face and I spat it out in distaste. I didn't want to taste my strawberry scented hair right now - or ever for that matter.

I pushed my hair back and secured it back with a bobby pin that I had put on the cuff of my jumper for safe keeping. I tried to fix my outfit - a plain navy blazer and jeans. Hopefully, I looked smart, but not old.

I gulped and looked up at the large, grey, multi-storey building that loomed in front of me. This was it - Dongyul either got his trainee position back today, or else he would have to search for other companies to enter into.

Nana and I had to accompany him, and if necessary, vouch for him and say that he was a changed person. There was only reason that we were doing this. If we didn't cause any trouble, we were allowed to stay in Seoul permanetly.

If saying that Dongyul had changed to a CEO was the price of it, we were more than wiling to pay it. Really, we had more to gain than we had to lose.

I'm not sure if Nana told Zelo that we were back in Korea. She was still being cryptic about her relationship with him. I was dying of curiosity. Unfortunately though, there wasn't many chances to bring it up because I didn't want Dongyul to overhear. I have a feeling that if he and B.A.P saw each other again, things wouldn't go down so well.

That was another problem - Daehyun and B.A.P. I wanted to see them again, but I was unsure of how to go about it. Did I simply turn up at their doorstep and say "hi"? That wouldn't be right.

But, I wasn't sure of how else I could get through the obstacle. I had thought about asking Nana for help, but I already knew what her response would be, "just go and see them".

It couldn't be that simple though. If it were that simple, wouldn't there be couples everywhere you go?

It takes courage to admit that you're wrong, and I'm not sure that if I am that courageous. Then again, I was determined. If I had to admit that I was wrong and a fool in order to gain Daehyun's forgiveness, then I would gladly do it, no matter how hard it was.

I just had to figure out what to say. I had agonised over it on the plane over. I had come up with a rough guideline, but nothing solid. Despite what he had said to me over the phone, I was dreading meeting him in case he had changed his mind.

What if I poured my head and said sorry, and then Daehyun cleanly rejected me? I don't know if I could take that. I'd probably return back to England as a rejectee.

 

"Joy, you coming?" Nana asked, and I snapped out of my revere.

"What?" I asked, startled.

Nana gestured to the building, and I got the picture. I scurried after her and Dongyul.

The interior of the building was even more intimidating than the outside. The floor of the foyer was marble tiles, polished to perfection. With every step we took, a squeak would be emitted, and as a result, we had to walk across the empty floor space with a trail of squeaks following us.

We got to the reception, and we had to wait for the pretty, young receptionist to finish her phone call. I stole a quick galnce around the room, and I noticed that everyone in the vicinity was skinny or muscular and of course, beautiful.

I tugged at the hem of my blazer in self-consciousness. I felt so out of place.

The modelesque receptionist finished her phone call, and held up a perfectly manicured finger when Dongyul was about to speak. She place the receiver down and touched her hand to her ear, where a bluetooth device was attached.

"Hello? TS Entertainment, how may I help you?" The woman, who was called Jang Chaemi according to her name badge, asked down the phone.

I exchanged a look with Nana. Did I hear right? TS Entertainment? Wasn't that the label that B.A.P were signed at?

"I thought that Dongyul was signed at JYP." I whispered to Nana.

"Me too. Maybe she's answering a call from them?" Nana suggested.

I cast a fertive glance at Dongyul. He seemed perfectly composed and unsurprised. Perhaps Nana was right and she was just answering a call from them.

I tried to listen to the receptionist, but I felt a little strange. I wasn't the type of person to easedrop. Overhearing something was entirely different to deliberately trying to hear.

"Yes, I understand. Yes, I will inform Mr. Kim. Thank you." The receptionist said clearly, in the most professional voice she could manage.

Standing in the building next to the people, who seemed to belong in a glossy magazine, made me feel very insignificant. Would B.A.P feel like that to me now? Would they feel like real people, or would they be the exact same as the people here?

Jang Chaemi touched her ear piece again, hanging up the phone, and she looked at us expectantly.

"Hello, I have an appointment with Kim Taesung-sshi. My name is Choi Dongyul." Dongyul told her, and Chaemi rifled through her notebook. She ran a white tipped nail down the page, and it settled on 'Choi Dongyul - 4pm'.

"Yes, you can go up. Mr. Kim is expecting you." Chaemi said, and flashed us a smile, revealing her flawless, bright teeth.

"Thank you." Dongyul bowed to the lady and lead us to the elevator.

 

I scrunched my nose while we were in the elevator. Something wasn't right. I thought that Park Jinyoung was the founder and CEO of JYP, hence the initials, not Kim Taesung.

Something wasn't right. But, I dismissed my foolish thoughts, I was thinking too much into it. I shouldn't be so suspicious of Dongyul. Maybe it was just someone else that he had to auditon for?

I don't know. Something was up, something that Dongyul wasn't telling Nana or I.

Suddenly, a hand reached outand smoothed the wrinkles on my forehead and noise. I flinched back in shock and glared at the offemsive hand.

"What are you doing?" I demanded of Dongyul.

"You'll get wrinkles early if you scrunch your face up." Dongyul told me softly.

I said nothing, but gave him a funny look. What was wrong with him?

Ugh . . . I had so many questions, but not enough answers. When did my life get like this? When did everything become so complicated?

The bell sounded with a light 'ding', signalling our arrival on the highest floor. We got out of the metal box, and found myself in a long hallway.

The carpeted floor muffled my footsteps, unlike the reception area. Framed papers covered the beige walls, they seemed to be awards and certifcates, but unfortunately the lighting was low so I couldn't read them. The whole place seemed more like a theatre than a serious business place where the CEO of one of the "Big Three" worked.

We followed the winding walls for a short while. I thought that I seen a familar face on a poster, Secret's Jieun, but I shook the thought off. Why would she be here? It was probably one of the Wonder Girls or something.

"You guys can wait out here. If I need you, I'll ask." Dongyul instructed us, once we were outside oak double doors, with the words "Kim Taesung, TS Ent. CEO" etched in gold on it. He rapidly knocked on the door and was inside the room before we had the chance to count to three.

"What just happened?" Nana asked in confusion. "I thought the whole point of us being here was so that we could tell the CEO that Dongyul was a new person? But is he seriously telling us to wait outside?"

Nana scoffed and shook her head in disbelief. She sat down on one of the plush, black leather armchairs outside the office, and I followed suit.

"This is beyond ridiculous." I sighed. What were we supposed to do now? Just wait?

 

After ten minutes, we began to quickly tire of playing the waiting game. After twenty minutes, we were fed up.

"I'm going to go and find a drinks machine or something." Nana announced and gently eased herself out of the armchair.

"Do you want me to come?" I asked her.

"No, I'll be fine. I'm sure that I'll find one . . . eventually, and besides, one of us have to stay here in case that fool needs us." Nana said bitterly.

I couldn't help but laugh. Nana can hold grudges for ages against everybody but me. I remember one guy once gave her chocolates for Valentines day. I was actually very impressed by his courage to approach Nana. Nana, however, was not.

She had been deeply offended that he had bought her a plain Cadbury chocolate bar instead of the Carmello. Nana had got really annoyed and told him that if he wanted to confess to her, he might as well do it properly.

No guy really approached her after that. Thomas had spread the word around school that Nana was a Carmello lover, and her locker was full of Carmello's the next day.

Instead of being embarassed like a normal person would be, Nana was delighted with her presents, and had spent the day happily munching them. She never gave me one though.

Therefore, I was sure that when Dongyul came out of the room, he would have to face the wrath of an angry Nana, and I wasn't sure that he would fare well.

Being by myself was beyond boring. I tried to play a few games on my phone, but that didn't really keep me occupied. I had no earphones to listen to music either, so passerbys gave me weird looks.

After a few minutes, I had passed the realm of boredom. I began to pace up and down in agitation. I looked at the door again and stopped dead in my tracks.

Kim Taesung, TS Ent. CEO.

Kim Taesung, TS Ent. CEO?

This was the TS building. I swallowed the lump in my throat. That meant that Daehyun could be coming around the corner any second. I flattened the front of my jumper, and I cursed myself for not wearing something prettier.

Why were we here instead of JYP?

 

The door opened all of a sudden, scaring me out of my wits. A very shaky Dongyul emerged. Even though I wanted to shout at him, the kinder side of me overpowered it's evil twin.

"How did it go?" I asked softly as Dongyul came closer to me.

Dongyul looked up at me, and I could tell that he was trying to pull off the puppy dog look, but much to his unknown dismay, he just couldn't.

All of a sudden, his expression changed and his grin quite literally split his face in two, and his eyes were reduced to shining crescents.

"It went really well! I was accepted!" Dongyul divulged gleefully.

I held up my hand for a high five, but Dongyul must have gotten the wrong impression. He tapped his hand against my palm softly, before entwinning our fingers. He tugged on my hand, and I fell forwards.

As I fell, I let out a small yell. Luckily, Dongyul caught me as I slammed against his chest. He pulled me to my feet, and I tried to remove my hand out of his grip, but I was unsucessful.

"What are you doing?" I asked, and tried to get his hand off of mine.

Dongyul said nothing and let go of my hand. I smiled in triumph, but when I looked up, his face was far to close too mine for comfort. He started to advance on me and I stumbled backwards.

Dongyul kept coming ever closer, like a shark circling its prey, and I kept skittering backwards. Finally, there was nowhere left for me to go to. My back was pressed against the wall and I couldn't get away from him.

Dongyul placed his hands which were balled in fists on either side of my head. He was too close to me. I couldn't breath. I didn't like this at all.

He inched his face closer to me and closed his eyes. His lips were puckered out and they were only centimetres away.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N:

It's a double update today. The following chapter will be up shortly, just as soon as it has been proof read and checked ^^