Fear of Heights?

The English Teacher

 

 

I thanked the Ahjussi that opened the Ferris wheel's car door for us and I stepped down from the carriage. Daehyun hand was on my back, guiding me.

"Where to now?" I asked me as soon as we were free from the queue that were waiting for their chance on the magical ride.

"Hmm, molla. You tell me." Daehyun told me, and took my hand. He entwinned our fingers, and lifted them up. I watched as he kissed the back of my hand.

"You sap." I teased.

"Ay, I'm romantic, not sappy." Daehyun protested and started walking, swinging our amrs as we went.

I ducked my head, as our hands nearly hit various strangers.

"Oh! Isn't that Zelo and Nana?" I asked and pointed a couple at a game stand a few feet to the left of us with my free hand.

Daehyun confirmed my thoughts, so I suggested that we sneak up on them and perhaps frighten them a little bit. However before we got the chance, the Ahjumma who was running the game stand, gave Zelo a stuffed brown teddy bear.

Zelo, promptly handed the bear over to Nana. Even from far away, I could see Nana's cheeks go slightly pink and she leaned up to peck Zelo's cheek.

Zelo looked rather unsurprised, as if this wasn't the first time somethng like this had happened, however, he did look rather happy. He took Nana's hand and dragged her off in another direction.

"That was . . ."

"Unexpected?" I supplied for Daehyun.

"To say the least . . . Did you know?" Daehyun asked me.

"I had my suspiscions, but I didn't think . . ."

"Me either."

We stood there for a few moments, unsure of what to say or do after this unexpected revelation.

"I am so going to tease Zelo." Daehyun smiled evily and I hit his shoulder.

"Don't." I told him firmly, making plans in the back of my mind to tease Nana about it. "I think she was going to tell me tonight."

"This was a plan to get us back together, this was an excuse for them to go on a date." Daehyun chortled and I smiled a little.

"Shh," I told him and held my index finger to my lips.

 

*               *             *

 

"Ah, this is such a long queue!" I complained and shot a glare at Daehyun. This was his fault. He was the one who insisted on going on this ride.

"We're nearly at the front, stop complaining." Daehyun grinned.

"You're annoying." I told him.

"Love you, too." Daehyun joked and I froze. Did I hear correctly? Did he mean it? Were my ears deceiving me? Did he just say that he loved me?

Before I got a chance to even reply or say anything at all in response, the queue moved forwards and we shuffled forwards. We got to the front of the queue and had to wait for another couple who had finished the ride.

The couple got off the cart and left down the exit path, not looking at us. I cocked my head to the side as I contemplated the backs of the couple's head. Wasn't that Zelo and Nana?

"Damn kid, stealing all my tricks." Daehyun muttered under his breath.

"Stealing your what?" I asked innocently and gave him doe eyes.

"You heard that?" Daehyun asked nervously and I nodded. "Never mind, come on."

I climbed into the cart. It was a large circular car and there was no bar to hold us in, it was a slow ride, obviously. I don't think that the car's exceeded ten miles an hour.

Daehyun sat beside me, and our hands were still locked together.

The car set of jerkily and we went underneath large plastic black flaps into a large corridor. We were completely immersed in darkness and I have to admit that I was terrified. I'm glad that Daehyun was beside me.

There was total silence, apart from a few eerie sounds that were ominating from nowhere. There was a burst of light, but it quickly disappeared and we were once more in total silence and darkness.

"Daehyun." I murmered and scooched closer to him.

I heard his deep chuckle. "Scared?" He whispered, his lips close to my ear, tickling the nape of my neck. I nodded mutely.

Daehyun silently wrapped an arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer to him.

A strangled cry rose in my throat as a headless figure popped out of nowhere, right beside me. I flinched at their pale, waxy skin and their tattered, bloody clothes.

I turned into Daehyun and hid my face in his chest. "Oh. My. Gosh." I panted slowly. "Why?"

I flinched as I heard another scream, oh, please let this ride be over soon.

 

I earned a few sympathetic glance from strangers when I got off the ride. I could guess why. I was probably so white that I couldn't be mistaken as dead if I lay still and shut my eyes.

"Never again." I said quietly.

"We'll see about that." Daehyun grinned, earning him a smack from me.

"Yah! Jung Daehyun! You will never take me on a ghost ride again!" I warned him.

"Or what?" Daehyun challenged.

"Or . . ." I fumbled with my words. "Or else I'll tell Ahjussi that you were the one who ate his cheesecake when I first came to Seoul. You know, the one you blamed on Zelo?"

I smiled in satisfaction at Daehyun's annoyed face. "Fine, fine. But you never said anything about rollercoasters."

"No." I whined. "Can't we just go on something nice?"

"Like?" Daehyun prompted, and I pointed to the large monorail overhead, where couples were all cruising in their individual cars twenty feet above the ground.

"Oppa, can we go on that?" I asked in a sweet voice. "Please?"

 

*                 *                *

 

The car began to move slowly forward at a leaiurely pace. Everything looked minaturised from this high up, and it was like all the people and the buildings belonged in a Barbie doll set.

I smiled at the serene scene below me. This was a good idea. There was four to cart and we had managed to nab one to ourselves.

"We should do this more often." I commented absentmindely.

"That's good." Daehyun grinned.

"What is?" I asked in confusion.

"That you want to spend more time together - that's alwatys a good thing." Daehyun explained.

"Aigoo, Daehyunnie." I teased and reached up to pinch his cheek. His hand grabbed my wrist before I could pinch him.

"Aha - what do you think you're doing?" He reprimanded me.

"Pinching you." I replied and reached foreward with my other hand and squeezed his cheek between my thumb and forefinger. I smiled in triumph as he pouted.

"Aish." Daehyun frowned and shook his head as if he were disappointed in me.

"Wae, wae, wae?" I asked, each word following after the other in quick succession, so that it sounded like one long word instead of the three individual ones it really was.

"You're so annoying." Daehyun scolded, echoing my words from earlier.

"Love you, too." I mimicked him and he beamed, his eyes almost completely disappearing.

"That's what I wanted to hear." Daehyun said, and before I had a chance to respond, he once again captured my lips in his.

I was beginning to think that he was bluffing the macho side of himself, and that kissing me while we were up high was just his way of distracting himself. But, hey, I'm not complaining.

 

*                      *                      *

 

"Do you want to play a joke on the new couple?" Daehyun asked me as we neared the point we were supposed to be meeting Zelo and Nana.

"Like what?" I asked, his words peaking my interest.

"Just follow my lead." Daehyun winked at me.

Luckily, Nana and Zelo weren't at the entrance yet. Daehyun and I walked over to where the pair had left us, and Daehyun looked me in the eye.

"Ready?" He asked and I nodded. "Don't be too mean okay?"

I frowned, but I never got the chnce to ask him what he meant. I could see Nana and Zelo walking towards us, and Daehyun gave me one last wink before turning into actor mode.

"Yah! I seen you! Don't lie!" Daehyun said, his voice had none of the warmth that was there only moments ago.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked and bit my lip, I was a hopeless actor.

"You know what? This is pointless, we've been at this for hours. Let's just call it quits, okay?" Daehyun asked, and he widened his eyes ever so slightly and I got the hint.

"Fine! Let's!" I told him defiantely, trying my best to act. I looked around and saw a very thunderstruck Nana and Zelo; serves them right for doing this to us, even though I was slightly grateful towards them. "Nana, let's go home."

"Hyung, what are you doing? You were supposed to fix everything, not make it worse!" Zelo groaned.

"Yah, Nana, let's go." I commanded, trying to keep the smile off my face, but the corner of my mouth twitched up.

"Joy, what happened? Did you not sort it all out?" Nana asked, not noticing my slip up.

I shook my head, not trusting my voice to speak.

"Zelo, let's go." Daehyun said, and I could hear his voice break. He was trying to hold in laughter as well.

Finally, unable to hold it in anymore, we both snorted in laughter at the same time. I held a hand up to my face, covering my face as I had a fit of giggles.

Daehyun, on the other hand, was squatting down, hitting his knees and guffawing - really loudly. People were actually stop to look at him and they were pointing at him.

"Yah! Stop." I told him, once and I stopped laughing, and pushed his shoulder lightly. Daehyun stumbled but managed to regain his balance. He cleared his throat, but the smile never left his face.

 

"Nana, let's go home now." I told her more cheerfully.

Nana and Zelo were just staring at us with blank expressions.

"Well, I'll see you tomorrow." I told Daehyun with a smile and he nodded.

"Mmhm," He hummed and pointed a finger at me. "Make sure to show up." 

"I will. You too." I added and with both grinned in unision. We walked up to our respective roommates and dragged them away by the arm.

"Wha- What just happened?" Nana asked me, bewildered.

 

*                      *                      *

 

I explained what happened with Daehyun and I on the way home. Nana seemed really happy that we made up, and she seemed genuinely glad for me.

When we got home, the first thing we did was put our feet up on the coffee table, when we seating on the couch.

"But . . . " I said slowly, catching Nana's attention. "What's with you and Zelo?"

I smiled cheekily, and Nana's cheeks flamed red. "You promised to tell me." I reminded her.

When Nana finished her story, I couldn't help but squeal in delight. Apparently, she had seen Zelo in school while I wasn't there. She hadn't been able to get away, and they had a proper conversation.

Nana admitted to me that she had previous for Zelo before. She had stayed in contact with him, texting him and messaging him. It was just trivial things that they talked about, but that all began to change.

When we were in Englang, Nana would occasionally call Zelo. They friendship began to grow. When we had arrived in Seoul, she never told Zelo that she was here with me. She had hoped to surprise him - and that she did.

After an awkward few moments with B.A.P, where she didn't know how to announce that she was back, Zelo had offered to go to a café with her.

Then, Daehyun had gotten sick, interrupting their date, but they made plans to go somewhere, when I was supposed to be with Daehyun.

Today had a dual purpose, they wanted to go somewhere and they wanted to get Daehyun and I back together. I guess they succeeded in both tasks.

"So, have you kissed yet?" I asked, shifting myself so that I was kneeling on the sofa.

"Maybe . . . " Nana told me ambigously.

"Omo! You have!" I shrieked. "Tell me! Tell me!"

"Shut up, Joy." Nana told me, trying to hid her smirk.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: I felt kind of fluffy today, so this happened ^_^

The nest chapter will be longer, promise ^_^

~* Fighting *~