Aigoo! Too cute!

The English Teacher

 

 

"Noway! You don't fight fair!" Yongguk shook his head furiously. I smirked. I wasn't going to cave, but I was certain they would. A little something I should mention about my cakes, they're delicous. Our school once had a bake sale, and I single handedly rose over a hundred pounds. And that was selling the cakes cheap.

The five other boys seemed to have a battle going on in their heads. Daehyun's hand was still frozen on my sleeve. I felt a little tapping on left shoulder, and I turned to look at Zelo, standing behind me. He raised his fingers in little 'V's and puffed up his cheeks.

"Aigoo! So cute!" I cooed. The boys looked at him in disgust, all except for Himchan. He did the exact same as Zelo, except he added noise effects. Slowly they all started to do it. Jongup smiled and pretended to drive a car, but managing to pull the aegyo off. Youngjae, decided to do a cute little smile and touched his index finger to his face. He almost had me in fits of laughter. Next was Daehyun, he struck a cute gaze and said "ppuing ppuing" in an adorable voice.

The dongsangs all looked at Yongguk.

"Hyung!"

"Please hyung!"

"Think of the cakes!"

"Chocolate chip . . . hot from the oven!"

"I did it hyung, please don't make it for nothing!"

Eventually, Yongguk brought his hands up in little 'V's and pouted.

"Aigoo! This is so cute!" I crooned. "Who knew you could all do aegyo?"

I got out my phone. Strike a pose, I commanded, taking a group photo of them in their aegyo glory.

"Now gives us the cakes woman!" screamed Yongguk dramatically.

"Aish . . . someone shut the drama queen up!"

 

"How close is the nearest supermarket?" I looked at each of the members, but they all looked down, avoiding my eye contact. "Jinjja? You've been here how long? I thought all you guys did all day was eat!"

"Yah!" Zelo looked up offended. "We eat, but we don't go to the supermarket, or else we'll be mauled alive by fans!"

"Well, lucky for you, you're going today!" I beamed at them all, as they all groaned.

 

Shopping was a disaster. The two maknaes ran around like crazy. They put the most random things into the cart. I only had to turn my back for two seconds, and there would be things like chocolate milk, cheetos, ice cream and cherry tomatoes. It wasn't that hard to find the culprits.

"Yah! At least ask!" I shouted after them, as they scurried down another aisle, looking for more goodies.

Yongguk had decided that since he had done the aegyo, he didn't have to go. I decided that there was no put fighting with him, because, like he said, he had done the aegyo. That was a big task for him. Youngjae and Himchan were quick to stay as well, and Daehyun was forced to come, to help me watch over the maknaes, but we were both failing miserably. We gave up after a while, and just monitored what they put in the cart.

I rested my two forearms on the trolley, exhausted. I walked around, hunched over the trolley. Without any warning, Daehyun grabbed my injured arm. He pulled the mask he was wearing down in surprise.

"What's this?" he asked pointedly. "What happened?"

"Oh, that. I was at work and I tripped. Unfortunatley I had a glass in my hand, and I smashed it and cut up all along my wrist. But thankfully I don't have work until Friday. My job is Fridays to Monday." I explained, for the umpteenth time.

"You work?" he seemed shocked. "Where?"

"Yeah, of course I work, how else would I be able to afford and live here! You babo!" I grinned at him.

"You didn't answer the question. Where do you work?"

My eyes widened slightly. I wasn't dumb. I knew the area where I worked was rough. I didn't want to tell Daehyun. He would probably worry.

"Oh just as a waitress with my friend Taerin."

"I reiterate; you didn't answer the question. Where do you work?"

"seoul rose nightclub" I muttered, my voice was barely above a whisper.

"What?"

"Seoul rose nightclub" I said louder this time. He seemed shocked.

"Yah! Don't go there any more. It's dangerous."

How odd. Was it me, or did Daehyun seem scared? His breathing had become more shallow, as if he was panting after a hard run.

"You O.K?" I asked him genuinely worried about him. He just nodded at me. Luckily, Zelo and Jongup chose that time to come back, their arms full of delicous treats.

"Yah! Choi Junhong and Moon Jongup!" I slapped each of them on the back of the head.

"Yah! What was that for?". They were both rubbing the backs of their heads, where I hit them, messing up their golden locks.

"Thats for running off!"

 

Despite my previous doubts, baking cakes with B.A.P was fun. I nattered away to them in English, about anything I could think of. Sometimes Zelo, Yongguk or even Youngjae would contribute something to the conversation. Daehyun shocked us all when he asked me - in flawless English I should add - whether I was going to go back to work on Friday. The others looked at him in confusion, thinking he had just spoken the wrong words. I nodded discretely at him, while the others weren't looking and told him to drop the subject. 

Zelo ended up burning his bunch. In fact, the only cakes that came out remotely edible were Yongguks. Daehyuns and Youngjaes were undercooked. Himchans were deflated, and Jongup had some how manaaged to both simultaneously burn and undercook his muffins at the same time.

"Hyung, first you like 'The Help' and now you make nice cakes," commmented Zelo munching on one of the muffin's from Yongguks, more or less perfect batch. "Are you sure you're not a girl?" he added as an afterthought, earning him a slap on the head.

I was relaxing on the couch with the members. The t.v was on, but none of us were really watching it. Just at that instant, Zelo's phone rang, causing all of us to jump. Zelo picked it up off the coffee table, looked at the number and groaned. He turned it on silent and relaxed again.

"Why aren't you asking you're phone?" I wondered.

Daehyun was sitting beside me, and he answered first.

"For a few days we've all been getting weird calls. We don't know who they're from, but when we answer, they don't say anything. We expect fans."

"Oh!"

While I was absorbing this information my phone rang. Himchan smiled at my ringtone: Warrior Huh!

"Annyeonghaseo?" I picked it up.

"Joyce?" a small voice came from the other end. "Where are you right now?"

"Taerin? I'm at a tutoring lesson. Wae?"

"No reason," she responded and hung up.

I frowned at my phone. That was weird. Oh well. I looked at the time. It was ten in the night! Wow! Time really does fly when you're having fun! I got up and stretched. I sighed as all my bones popped. I grabbed my coat and put on my shoes.

"I best be off, it's getting late! See you tomorrow!" I waved goodbye and bowed to the members, who were all watching me. Abruptly, Daehyun got up.

"I'll go with you. I'll get my coat." he went down the hall to his bedroom. He came back two seconds later, with his jacket and a mask in his hand. "All right, let's go," he said, herding me out the door, but not before I caught glimpses of B.A.P looking after us with weird and curious expressions. 

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________