Embarassed

The English Teacher

 

 

I could hear B.A.P fighting all night. Didn't they ever give it a rest? Since I've been here, all they ever seem to do is fight. Was I the cause of this friction between the group? I was worried incase the fight got physical, but they wouldn't do that, would they? Let's face it. I had barely known B.A.P for two weeks. Sure, they were easy to talk to, and I felt like I've known them for half my life, but that didn't mean I had. I knew nothing personal about the boys I was living with. I didn't know where they grew up, who their parents were and how  many siblings they had. Maybe, I needed to become closer with them in order to have a peaceful household.

Eventually, I got tired of them fighting, and marched out to give them a piece of my mind. I walked out into the kitchen. They were all huddled around Daehyun, who was pressed up against the wall. Jongup was at the edge of the group and Yongguk was in the middle. The latter had his hands on his head, in frustration.

"Yah! It's one in the morning! Go to bed!" I said, from behind them. I got extreme satisfaction seeing them all jump in fright. Zelo actually hid behind Youngjae. I put my hand in front of my mouth determined not to laugh. I had to remain strong and be angry at them! "Why are you fighting so late? Can't you just sort it out and go to bed?" I asked them, giving them all a glare. "What's so important that it can't wait till morning?" I was exhausted, and I had to work tomorrow as well. If they kept this up, I would never get any sleep. 

"Ergh, Joyce did you just get up?" asked Himchan looking me up and down. He usually called me Joycie, so I was wondering why he wasn't using his pet name for me when I realised why he asked me that. I screeched and ran back to my room. Slamming the door with all my might. Of all the nights, it had to be this one. Not the night I wore my proper pajamas. Tonight, after my shower, I was just so hot, that I put on a pair of my short shorts, and a small vest top. And when I say short, I mean short.

I guess they were trying to hold their laughter in, but failed, because I heard someone splutter laughter, and the rest followed suit.

"Ahh!" someone cried. "Why'd you hit me hyung?"

Sometimes, my life was just so embarrassing! But on the bright side, they all went to bed within the next few minutes, still laughing. Yep, I was definitley going to die of embarassment before the year was over.

 

 

                                                                             *           *            *

 

I woke up in the morning, and made sure I was dressed nicely, with my hair and make up done perfectly before I came out of my bedroom.

"Oh, look Joyce has proper clothes on!" Youngjae teased.

"Yah! That's not funny!" I went over to where he was sitting at the table eating cereal, and slapped him on the arm. "If it wasn't for ye fighting, I wouldn't have come out like that!"

"Ah, Joycie it wasn't that bad," Himchan consoled me, slinging his arm around my shoulders.

"Easy for you to say," I muttered, removing his arm and making myself cereal. I was bright red again. I finished my food, and started washing up all the dishes that the members had left. Does no one know how to clean up in this house?

Since I was already ready, I had ages kill. Daehyun was watching T.V, so I decided to join him. I sat beside him. But then I became a little awkward, remembering the two kisses yesterday. I don't know why I gave him one before I went in. I guess I was . . . I honestly don't know. I think I like this smiling guy. I was going to get up and do something, anything, to get away from the uncomfortable silence that was piercing the atmosphere. But, Daehyun grabbed my hand discreetly. I smiled shyly. My heart took off again. I peeked at Daehyun, he was smiling too. The awkwardness dissolved. I couldn't focus on the programme, it was something about Sasaeng fans, whatever they were. I was too focused on the hand holding mine, and the person behind it. All too soon though, Zelo was calling me to go to school.

I whined and got up, severing our link. Daehyun got up as well.

"What are you doing?" I eyed him skeptically.

"I'm driving you to school," he shrugged, as if it were the most natural thing in the world. "Two batches of cakes," he cheered, raising his hands up in the air. I started convulsing in laughter, grabbing my stomach. It was a good minute before I could stop, and one look at Daehyun's face set me off again. Still laughing, Zelo pulled me towards the door.

"If we don't leave now, we're going to be late, even if hyung is driving us," Zelo told me sternly

 

 

                                                             *             *            *

 

"Zelo, I'll be back a little late today," I told him, gathering up al my books as the bell rang. he looked at me suspicously.

"Where are you going?"

"Just to the library, to do some stuff," I lied. I couldn't find Taerin today, so I had to go to my job, which I was really dreading. "Well, see you later," I said quickly, dashing out the door, and to the bus stop. I had to admit, I was feeling guilty. Both Daehyun and Zelo had askedme to quit my job, but I needed the money. Besides, the more I worked, the quicker I could get an apartment. It was a win-win situation for all of us. The bus came, and I boarded it. I sat down, and looked around, Taerin wasn't here. I sighed as the bus started moving, and got out my homework to do some of it. When I got to work, I changed, and started the worst job in the world.

 

                                                *            *            *

"And this is the last stop for tonight," a voice boomed out of the loudspeaker, jolting me awake. I got up groggily and climbed out of the bus, thanking the driver. I still had to walk about a mile in the pitch dark to the dorms. It was so much easier when I lived in my apartment, because there was a busstop that was only a minute away. I started the hike back to the dorms.

Just when it was in sight, I felt someone grab my wrist and push me into an alleyway. They shoved me roughly against the brick wall. I slammed my head off the stone. "Ahh," I groaned, the impact disorientating me. I heard a low chuckle. I looked at my attacker. There seemed to be around five of them, all girls. Their leader, the one who had grabbed me, was wearing a mask, covering her lower face, but there was something familiar about her eyes. Suddenly, I felt something hit my side, winding me. It took me a while to get my breath back. It was so late at night. What did they want? I managed to choke the question out, and one of the five came forwards. She was wearing a mask too.

"I thought we warned you. But it's too late now. Stay the hell away from B.A.P!" she spat. One of them behind her, took out a small pocket knife. I eyed it warily. She gave it to the leader, who held it against my throat.

"This is your last warning," she told me, in a low voice. I had the feeling she was altering her voice. "Grab her arm," she commanded to her croonies. One of the girls pulled my arm up, so it was parallel to the ground, She pushed my sleeve up my arm. Another girl rushed forward to hold me, taking the leaders place. The leader took my arm and inspected it. She was still holding the knife. I screamed as she used the knife to write on my forearm. I closed my watering eyes, and I felt someone put their hand over my mouth, muffling my screams. Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, she stopped. I opened my eyes, hardly believing the torture was over. She looked me directly in the eye, and slashed a cut on my cheek.

They left, and I gripped my face. A warm liquid was trickling down my arm. I stumbled home, fighting the urge to faint. I made it home, and up the stairs. No one was there to see me. No fans, no guards. I was completely alone. I opened the dorm door and couldn't be bothered switching on the light. B.A.P were still in the front room, all asleep. I knew I couldn't collapse there, and made it to my room. I just got to my bed, as I out.

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________