Easedropping

The English Teacher

 

 

I tossed and turned for a while, unable to sleep. Eventually I decided to get up and clean up, or something, anything at all. I tip-toed out of my room and creeped to the front room, not wanting to wake up B.A.P, whom I'm sure were sound asleep. I was just about to open the  door, when I heard the boys voice emanating from the front room door. I wasn't going to listen to them, but I heard my name being said, and I gently put my ear to the door, so I could better hear what they were saying.

"Hyung, why didn't you make Joyce tell us what happened?" Jongup asked, confused.

"Didn't you see her face? She was terrified. She'll probably tell us when she's ready," Daehyun replied.

"But what if she never tells us?" Zelo whined.

"Hey, hyung, who do think did that to her anyways?" Youngjae asked. Aish! I'd wish they'd speak up, I can barely hear them. I pressed my hear closer to the door.

"I'm not sure. But, I'm guessing that she got attacked because of us," Yongguk replied.

"Us?" Youngjae squeaked. "What did we do?"

"Well think about it. She's been in Korea a month, she hasn't had any time to make enemies. And she's living with us, famous idols. People are bound to get jealous."

"Hyung, you don't think that it could be connected to the phones and - " Jongup sounded terrified, but unfortunately I couldn't hear the rest of what he was saying because his voice dropped.

"It's possible. More than likely I'd say. We just need to keep an eye out for her from now on. Zelo you'll have to make sure everything is O.K at school, O.K?" Yongguks deep voice was back to its sombre tone.

"Of course, hyung. But won't it be a bit awkward now that we're going to shoot 'Power' soon?"

"Ani - don't worry. Manager and I are trying to arrange it so that it won't interfere with your schedule that much," Yongguk promised him.

 

"O.K. So now that's out of the way, can I ask; JUNG DAEHYUN, WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING TO JOYCIE?" Himchan exploded at the end of the sentence, and I flinched at his powerful voice.

"Yah! Shhh! She'll hear us!" Five voice chorused in unison.

"Mian. But, seriously Daehyun, what do you think you're playing at?" Himchan pressed.

"Mwoh? What's wrong?" Daehyun sounded so innocent and sweet. I smiled.

"Daehyun, I told you already. None of you are allowed to get involved with her. That means no liking her. Nothing." Yongguk told his donsaeng, seriously.

"Ahh, hyung! Wae? What's wrong?" Daehyun was arguing aganst Yongguk. I felt so giddy and excited at that thought. Did he like me? He did kiss me afterall. And he has been so sweet to me.

"I honest to God don't know, Daehyun-ah. The manager just told me, the day we all watched the movie. I went back and asked him about it, I felt bad about it, you know, after seeing the pair of you -" I blushed. Was I that obvious that I liked Daehyun? And did Daehyun really like me? "- And he told me, that her Omma didn't want her to get mixed up with idols or something." Yongguk explained. And I gasped. Loudly. Omma?

I opened the door, and they were all really shocked to see me. I grabbed Yongguk by the hand and dragged him down the hallway, shutting the front room door behind me. I pulled him down towards my room. He didn't try and stop me. I knew that he knew that I needed an explantion. I heard the other members open the door and follow us, so I quickened my pace. We got to my room, and I locked us in, so that the other members couldn't get in. I looked at directly at Yongguk with fierce eyes. "How much do you know about my Omma? And explain." I commaned him.

 

Yongguk sighed and sat on the bed and patted the spot beside him, indicating that I should sit beside him. I complied.I was still looking at him, waiting for my answer. He looked at me and sighed again.

"Manager told me all about your Omma's health problems and her wish for you to go to Korea," he confessed to me. "He told me that your Omma had cancer, and she applied for you to go to Korean schools. She died a while later, and you got an acceptance letter into JungSang. He told me that you wanted to go to fulfill your Omma's dying wish."

"Mwoh?" I asked him in a state of disbelief. "He told you all that? Jinjja?" He nodded his head at me.

"Wae? Did you not want anyone to know?"

"Ha," I spat. "That's not what happened Oppa. Appa probably told him that so that'd he'd give me a job. Omma died when I was fourteen. She died in a drunk driving accident. It was true that she wanted me to go to Korea, but she never applied me for a scholarship. Appa did that. Anything to get me away from England," I muttered the last part, Yongguk still heard it anyways.

"To get away? What happened to you in England?" Yongguk's voice was filled with worry. I knew that I could I trust him.

"I was bullied pretty bad in England. I was bullied for being 'the only fat ugly Asian girl' that they'd ever seen. There was another Korean boy at my school. Even he bullied me in school. Sometimes he would whisper things in Korean at me in school, or he'd shout them at me. No one could understand, so of course nothing was odne about it. Laura come along eventually, and that helped. But they still did it, just under the radar. It was horrible. Everyday, I was tormented. Appa decided to get me away from it all." I said bitterly, but I couldn't control my sadness anymore and the tears any more. They overspilled and Yongguk hugged me. I cried until I couldn't cry anymore. Which took more time than one would think.

"But, I still don't understand. Why aren't you allowed to like Daehyun?" Yongguk whispered when I had stopped crying. I froze. He specifically said Daehyun. He didn't say anyone else. I looked up at him, through my watery eyes.

"Oh, c'mon Joyce. I've known Daehyun long enough to know when he likes someone, and you can't deny you that you like him," Yongguk teased me, ruffling up my hair. "I've seen the way you both act around each other. I know these things. That's why I'm the leader," he told me proudly, puffing out his chest.

"Y-y-yah! Yongguk Oppa!" I tried to protest, but he silenced me with a look. "Fine, Oppa. I like him, but it doesn't matter. He probably doesn't like me back, anymore. He decided he can and will do better. I mean, look at me," I gestured to myself with one hand. "I'm not much."

"Yah! Joycie," he said, stealing Himchan's nickname for me. "Don't believe that. Any boy would be lucky to have you. Daehyun knows that."

"Gamsahbnida Oppa."

"Now, why aren't you allowed to date him?" Yongguk inquired.

"I don't know Oppa. Maybe it's Ahjussi's idea? Doesn't want me to tarnish your image?" I shrugged and yawned. I was feeling very sleepy all of a sudden.

"I'll try and sort it out, I swear," Yongguk promised me. He lowered me down to the bed, tucked me up and went to the door, he unlocked it and I heard him talking to B.A.P who were just outside.

"Did you hear?"

"Ye, hyung," they all answered together. I cringed into my pillow, and metally facepalmed myself.

"Daehyun-ah. Go." Yongguk whispered. And shut the door. I sighed. Finally I was alone and could think.

"Yah, slide over." someone said and I nearly jumped out of my skin.

"Daehyunie?" I whispered into the dark.

"Ne, now slide over." I hesitated, but I decided I might as well slide over. Daehyun wouldn't do anything. He probably just wanted to just sit down. I scooted over, making eough room. He slid under the covers beside me.

"Bambi, come here."

I moved closer to Daehyun, and he wrapped his hands around me, cuddling me. My heart started thumping.

"Did that really happen? In England?" Daehyun asked me.

"Ne," I told him. He hugged me tighter.

"Are they mad? Or blind? You're an ulzzang!" He said angrily.

"Daehyun, you must the blind one. I'm the complete opposite," I laughed at him.

"Yah, don't laugh at your Oppa," he scolded me.

"Joyce. . ." he said carefully, "I really like you. I don't care what the Manager says. I really want to be your boyfriend."

Omo, did Daehyun just confess to me? i felt like my heart skipped a thousand beats.

"Bambi, snap out of it. What do you say? The suspense is killing me!"

"Daehyun, I-I really like you too. I would love to be your girlfriend," I told him, grinning from ear to ear.

"Jinjja? Ah, Bambi, you're the best! I love you!" Daehyun blurted out before he couls stop himself, and tried to kiss me on the lips, but ended my kissing the corner of my mouth.

"Now go to sleep, jagiya." he commanded me in a no-nonsense tone.

"You're barely my boyfriend for two seconds. Ay, so pushy!" I giggled.

"Shh, jagiya. Sleep now," Daehyun saterted singing me a lullaby, and I fell asleep with him beside me. A while later he fell asleep too. We slept in each others arms, and I can safely say, that that is the best night sleep I have ever gotten.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________