Am I seeing things?

The English Teacher

 

 

Riiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg

I sat down in my seat just as the bell went off. Zelo's head was down on the table again. I quicky shook him awake.

"Hyung, just five more minutes," he complained. I had to cover my mouth to stop from giggling. I shook him again, only this time a little harder. "Please hyung, just five more minutes,"

"Yah! If you don't get up now, you're going to be hit across the head with a cane," I said finally, shaking him even harder.

His head bolted up. "Joyce?". I nodded slowly at him. His hair was all messed up, and he wore a cute, little confused expression.

"Yah, don't you know you shouldn't sleep in class?" I asked him. I reached up and tried to fix his hair. He moved back and looked at me with wary eyes.

"What are you doing?" he asked dubiously.

"Fixing your hair, now stay still," I replied. I leaned over and fixed his mop af curly hair. "There," I announced, "all done. That wasn't so bad, was it?" I asked him.

"Whatever," he smirked, sticking his tongue out at me

"Babo," I muttered under my breath as the teacher came in the class.

 

Thirty minutes later, we were study physics class. Zelo was lying down on the desk again. Slowly, he put his head up. Finally! He was paying attention! Zelo never paid attention in class. He spent most of his time sleeping. The only time he paid attention was during Music class. The one I feel asleep during. Suddenly I felt something poke me sharply under the ribs.

"Ahhh!" I yelped, causing everyone to look at me.

"Is there something wrong, Joyce?" asked the teacher, surprised I was causing a disruption during class.

"No," I shook my head fiercely back and forth. The teacher went back to explaining what happened when two waves met. I gave Zelo a death stare. "What was that for?" I asked annoyed at all the attention I had attracted.

"Are you teaching us today?" he asked. "You know, English?"

"Ermm . . . I'm not sure. I don't think so. Ahjussi said he will call me if he wants me to come, but it's doubtful he will." I explained. Zelo nodded his head like he was confirming something. "Wae?" I asked, curious.

"No reason," he replied absent mindly and went back to sleep.

"Aish . . . so annoying," I murmured, and then tried to pay attention to the teacher. 

 

I spent lunch with Zelo again. We did the exact same thing as before. Zelo got lunch for the two of us and we sat outside, eating and watching the clouds, occasionly mentioning something interesting. This time, however, I noticed some girls staring at Zelo with infatuated eyes, when they caught my eyes they gave me a look of pure venom.

"Um . . . Zelo, who are they?" I asked him.

"Who?" he asked looking around.

"Over ther-- Oh! That's funny, they were there a while ago," I said. I was looking over where I saw the group of girls awhile ago, but they weren't there.

"You must be seeing things," he chuckled, but I could tell there was something bothering him.

"Zelo oppa? Are you okay?" I asked him shyly.

"Ne, of course. Why wouldn't I be?"he turned to me, giving me the brighest smile I've ever seen.

"Aish!" I said, shielding my eyes with my hand. "put your teeth away, they're so bright" I teased. He laughed and went to tickle me.

"Yah! Don't come near me!" I warned. But Zelo didn't heed my warning and started tickling me. I was rolling around the grass, trying to get away from him. "Y-y-y-yah! Stop it" I finally managed to choke out, between the laughter.

 

Finally, last class, I had P.E. It was one of the only classes I didn't have with Zelo.

"Pair up," ordered the twenty-something year old teacher. Everyone grabbed their bestfriends and I was left on my own.

"Hey, do you want to pair up?"

I turned around, a girl I had never seen before, was standing behind me. I nodded gratefully at her.

"You're new here, aren't you?" she asked me. I nodded at her. She seemed strangely familiar. "You're the kingka Zelo's girlfriend, right? That was quick! Some girls have been trying to nab him for ages, and you do it in less than a week!" she laughed.

"M-mwol?" I stuttered. "I'm not his girlfriend! We're just good friends."

"Oh!" she looked surprised. "I'm sorry, I just assumed. . ."

"Ani, it's okay." I reassured her. She smiled at me.

"Right, everyone fifty sit-ups each!" the teacher ordered.

We both looked at each other and groaned.

"By the way, I'm Joyce," I introduced myself as I got myself ready to do the sit-ups first.

"Taerin" she bowed.

 

"See ya, Joyce!" Taeri waved to me at the gate.

"Bye, Taerin" I called back, waving too.

"Who are you waving at?" asked a voice in my ear, causing me to jump.

"Zelo Oppa," I turned around. "No one. I'll see you tomorrow, yeah? I have to get home now." I said. I looked at him for a second. Then impulsively decided to give him a hug. "I'll see you tomorrow, Oppa," I called over my shoulder, as I ran off, leaving Zelo stock still in the same position.

Wait . . . I stopped running, and looked around. I was sure I saw those girls again! Was I going crazy? I shrugged. It was probably nothing.

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________