The Move

The English Teacher

 

 

The months slipped by, and I barely noticed them. B.A.P promoted more songs, such as No Mercy and Crash. I was a little impartial to Crash. It was a lovely song, and it had a unique music video.

I wasn't surprised that Zelo's English was perfect at the beginning of the song. He was spending enough time with Nana, that I wouldn't be surprised if he was fluent in English by now.

Their relationship still had a question mark over it. They refused to tell us and constantly kept us in the dark, but only a fool couldn't see the obvious and tell that they were a couple.

I don't know what happened to the English in No Mercy, though. The English in that was just a train wreck, but when Nana and I mentally corrected it in out heads, it didn't really flow, so we kept quiet about it.

Appa had to find a house that was up to his expectations. He had a very small criteria - but apparently, it was all crucial for him. It had to be the right size - not too big, not too small. I had no idea there was so many oddly proportioned apartments out there.

It also had to be near my new school, far away from the "dangerous" part of Seoul, and, last but not least, close enough to Ahjussi so that he could keep an eye on me.

After searching for donkey's years, Appa found one that he liked. It wasn't as close to B.A.P as I would have liked, but I think that was Appa's ulterior motive, even if he wouldn't admit it. He couldn't change his ways of being an overly catious father, but to be perfectly honest, I wouldn't have him any other way.

When he finally found the place he was looking for, the Crash promotions had ended, and B.A.P were resting up. However, none of them were available to help me move. Appa had to go back to England, unfortunately, and Nana was at grinds, or something, for Maths, since she was struggling with the course.

Therefore, I had to move all of my stuff by myself, and let me tell you, moving everything you ever owned into a new place by yourself is extremely tiring - and idiotic.

The moving van had dumped all my things outside the apartment complex, and I had successfully lugged it up the five flights of stairs to the three bedroomed apartment. It was a nice place, considering. It was big enough for Nana and I, as well as Appa when he decided to visit.

 

After unpacking three of the scores of boxes, I became fed up. I was bored out of my mind, yet I couldn't relax until I had everything unpacked. I was still on the living room and kitchen area.

I rooted through the box marked for my bedroom, and I found my earphones, as well as my iPod. I put the ear phones in my ears, and turned the music up full blast, blocking out any other noise. I was sure that if I had it on loudspeaker, I would be kicked out of here before I could count to ten, because of the ruckus.

I got a small thrill when Mr. Simple by Super Junior came on. I don't mean to brag, but I could do this dance . . . in my head. When I actually danced it, it wouldn't turn out so well. I would occasionally knock something important over - a vase, a picture, a mirror, et cetera, et cetera.

Therefore, I just hummed along to the music, occasionally doing something simple, keeping with the songs name, and brush imaginary dust off my shoulder, or something in stupid in a similar vein to that.

At one point I thought that I heard a door open - I barely heard it because of my earphones, but when I looked around, there was no one at the door. I quickly forgot my train of thought, though, as "Hello Hello" by FT Island came on.

FT Island were my favourite band by miles, and they haven't failed to make me do the air guitar yet. The hook part of the song came on, and I sang "lalala", "hahaha" and "tatata" along with the amazing Hongki - I practically whispered it, though. I may be alone in the house, but you never know how thin the walls are. The neighbours might hear me!

"Hello hello, oh non, goodbye," I muttered under my breath, my voice could barely be heard over the sound of my footfalls on the wooden floor and the shuffling of objects.

I shuddered all of a sudden, I had that peculiar sensation where it feels like someone is breathing down your neck. I dismissed the thought that there was ghosts and supernatural beings living here. That would just be too clichéd, right? Two girls move into a new place, and then after a series of unnatural events, they go missing . . .

No. That would never happen. Besides, I'm sure that Daehyun would come looking for me, right? Unless they somehow incapcitated him, and he wasn't able to come and help me . . .

No, I didn't want to think about this right now; not while I was home alone. I turned my music up on my phone, listening to the last minute of the song.

"What are you doing?" A deep voice asked me, their breath tickling the back of my neck.

I screamed and whirled around, almost falling over. Two strong arms whipped out and caught my arms, preventing me from falling down. They had just managed to catch me, so I was only being supported by their arms. I glared up at the intruder.

Jung Daehyun smiled back at me, his eyes had been reduced to shining crescents, almost completely disappearing.

"Need a hand?" Daehyun asked me, pulling the earphones out of my ears so that I could hear him better.

 

"Holy hell, Daehyun! Did no one ever tell you that you shouldn't creep up on people?" I asked, righting myself. "How did you even get in here? Did I leave the door open?"

"Nana told me where you kept the key." Daehyun said, plopping down on the sofa and putting his feet up on the coffee table. "I just simply took advantage of the key on top of the door."

I gave a dry chuckle, as Daehyun glared at me.

"You need to hide it better." Daehyun told me sternly, like I was a little child who had just failed a test. I pouted. "Aww, what's wrong?" Daehyun asked as he got up and came closer to me.

"Aish, are you going to help me or not?" I asked, annoyed as Daehyun poked my cheek. I slapped his hand away, causing him to laugh. Truthfully, I was frightened out of my wits when he scared me. I could still feel my heart racing.

"All in good time, love." Daehyun said, teasingly. He took the earphones from around my neck, and popped them into his ears. "What are you listening to, anyway? Oh! This is my jam!"

I raised a single eyebrow at the word "jam" but I didn't comment on it. It was probably one of his new favourite words. Last week it was "crayon". Thanks G-Dragon.

I got a shock when Daehyun started to sing SHINee's Hello, and he danced along, as well. It wasn't exactly like SHINee's. It was more like an impromptu dance, I think I saw a few of B.A.P's dance moves in there. It was a good thing that there was nothing breakable in the near vicinty, because it would be long gone by now, judging by Daehyun's sporadic dance moves.

He finished the dance, by pointing his index finger up in the air, his right toes pointing away from him, trying to revive some long forgotten 80's dance move, I guess.

I clapped, unable to keep the smile off my face. Daehyun swung an arm in the air, and crossed it against his midriff. He overexaggerated his bow, laughing.

"Sometimes I wonder why Jongup and Zelo are the dancers of the group instead of you." I told him.

"I often wonder that myself. I think that it's just because they have to distribute the talents evenly. I mean, if I can rap, sing and dance, what's the point of me being in a group? They might have just have made me a solo act." Daehyun retorted, not missing a beat.

"Rap, huh?" I asked, thinking back to the performance he had just put on there. I wouldn't have called that a rap, more like a slur of words. He sounded a little like a drunk person.

 

"Oh? What's this?" Daehyun asked. Obviously a new song came on. "I didn't know that you liked this song."

I frowned when Daehyun's voice became quiet at the end. What song was it? Did he disapprove of my taste in music? Maybe it was Fool by B1A4, and he was just surprised by my love of a song that had such horrendous English.

"What song is it?" I asked him curiously. Daehyun didn't bother to reply, though.

Instead, he gave me his answer in a different way. He sung it. I may not be great at guessing songs, but I knew this song. Who wouldn't know this song?

"What are you doing? I'm thinking of you now," Daehyun sang, his honey vocals betraying the reason that he is B.A.P's main vocal.

Daehyun sang all of What Are You Doing? by 4Men, not missing a single note. I couldn't hear the music and the vocals that Daehyun could hear. I could just hear his raw voice, and I have to admit that I prefered his version of it, but, then again, I may just be biased.

"Because you're by my side." He sang, and came closer to me. I blushed as Daehyun placed a hand on my back, pulling me closer to him.

Daehyun twirled me around. He continued to sing the song, turning me around slowly on the spot as he did so. It felt like something out of a movie. I never thought that this kind of thing actually happened to girls like me. But, hey, maybe I would wake up tomorrow, and it would turn out that the past year of my life was just one big, long dream - a beautiful dream, yes, but a dream nonetheless.

If this were a drama or a movie, I would sing the supporting girls parts, revealing my amazing singing abilities, which I always kept hidden. Afterwards, the hero would convince me, the shy heroine, to audation for their label and I would become a massive star.

Sadly, though, this was not a drama. I didn't even try and sing Mi's part. I would just ruin the performance, since I had zero singing skills. Besides, I was enjoying Daehyun's rendition too much, anyways.

I leaned my head against his chest; I could hear the steady thump of his heartbeat. Daehyun spun on the spot, and I never wanted the moment to end. Would there ever be a moment as perfect as this again?

However, all good things must come to end, and Daehyun got to the final lines all too soon for my taste.

"Love you . . . Us . . ." Daehyun finished, his voice as soft and gentle as ever.

 

"That was . . ." I struggled to find the right adjective to describe the song. "Wonderful."

Daehyun didn't say anything for a while. I wrapped my hands around him, and he reciprocated, hugging me back.

"Are you okay?" Daehyun asked me, and I may have been mistaken, but I thought that I heard a hint of worry in his voice.

"Of course. You're just a really good singer. It amazes me everytime." I praised him, and broke away from him. Daehyun gave me a genuine smile, reducing his eyes to little slits, curving up at the edges.

"What's with all the compliments today?" Daehyun asked me, and I shrugged.

"Why? Am I not allowed to compliment my boyfriend?"

"No, you are. Keep them coming, I don't mind them." Daehyun chuckled, and his eyes got even smaller - which I was surprised was even possible. I wonder if he could still see out of them . . .

"You know, I could get use to this." I told him, sighing in content, as Daehyun grabbed me and began to turn me around on the spot again.

"Really? I should do it more often, then." Daehyun said, and I agreed with him.

"As often as you like." I informed him. "Just, please, no more dance covers. They're too painful to watch."

"Painful?" Daehyun asked.

"Well, they're a little odd and . . . quirky." I nodded my head, satisfied with my description.

Daehyun didn't take any offense to anything I said, instead he laughed lightheartedly. This was one of the reasons that I loved him, he never took any offense to anything.

"You just wait until you see my dance for Gee. You'll never be able to listen to it the same way again." Daehyun threatened, and I groaned.

"Please, no! Don't ruin it for me." I begged him.

"I don't know," Daehyun said, hesitating. "I suppose I could always cover SPY, would that be any better?"

"Why do you want to cover a song? Just leave the dancing to Zelo and Jongup." I told him.

"I can dance, too!" Daehyun protested.

I poked his cheek, copying him from earlier. "I know, I know. You think I haven't seen any of your dances?"

"Tell that to that damned reporter then," Daehyun muttered bitterly, doing an one hundred and eighty degree turn from earlier.

"What are you talking about? Explain." I instructed.

 

"Some reporter wrote about our final stage on Crash, and she said that I performed the dance badly inthe majority of the live performances. She's calling me the weak link, because apparently, this is a regualr occurence." Daehyun told me, a sting on the edge of his voice.

"Daehyun, calm down. You know that you should never believe things that you see in articles. They said that you were dating some girl-" My voice got a little sour towards the end, and I hastened to correct my tone, "- and you weren't. Relax. The fans both know and think that you did a fantastic job on stage, so does it really matter what some reporter that you'll never meet thinks of you?"

"I guess not, but it just . . . stings, you know?" Daehyun said, and I could tell that this really affected him.

"Hey, Busan Wobin?" Daehyun looked up in confusion, as I called him by his nickname, which he really loathed. "You know that most of the fans look at your face, right? Not your dancing."

Daehyun's brow furrowed in confusion. "I have no idea whether that is supposed to be a compliment or an insult."

"Take it as both. Aigoo, so cute." I said, as I squished his cheeks in my hands.

"Ay, stop it." Daehyun scolded, and took my hands away. He looked stern for a moment, and I thought he was really mad at me, until he adopted a mischevious smile and squished my cheeks together. "Aigoo, so cute."

"Pabo." I said, and pulled his hands away from me.

Daehyun suprised me by kicking my heel, making me fall back. At the last possible moment, he caught me. I cursed him silently in my head, until I realised how close his face was to mine. It's been so long, yet he still has the ability to make me stop breathing. His nose was literally inches away from mine.

"You want to know something?" Daehyun asked me softly, his gaze flickering.

"What?" I asked, my breath caught in my throat, and it wasn't really audible. Daehyun smiled, but he answered my question, I guess he can lip read. Or else my answer was moot anyways.

"I always wanted to kiss someone like they do in the movies and dramas." Daehyun confessed, not even the slightest bit embarrassed by his revealation.

"The movies?" I whispered, trying to think. That's when it hit me. In nearly every single drama and movie I've ever seen, the hero always leans down and kisses the heroine, while he is holding her up after she has nearly fallen over.

Daehyun closed the inches between us, giving me a tender, but by no means chaste, kiss. It was a good thing that he was holding me up, or else I would have fallen over. My legs felt like jelly at the moment.

 

When Daehyun finally broke away, after what felt like an eternity and a nanosecond, he gave me a cherubic smile.

"That's one thing that I can cross of my bucket list." Daehyun told me.

I frowned, bucket list? Wasn't that a list of things that you wanted to do before you die? Why was he making one so early?

"What are the other things?" I asked.

"Well, there is getting married for one, having kids, winning a rookie award, meeting Junsu from JYJ . . ." Daehyun struggled to think of anymore.

I was still in his arms, and I realised how uncomfortable he must be, having to hold me up. However, he wasn't making any move to help me up.

"That all?" I asked, a tad sarcastic.

"For now, yeah. Who knows? I might add a hundred and one more things tomorrow." Daehyun smiled cheekily. "Oh, I just thought of another - learn English."

"That's what I'm here for, I am an English tutor after all." I smiled.

"That's not the only reason you're here." Daehyun beamed. "Besides, I can speak enough English for now."

"Go on, then." I encouraged him, wanting to see his English abilities.

"Joyce, I love you," Daehyun said, proud of himself.

"Daehyun, it's 'l' not 'r'." I shook my head in mock disappointment.

Daehyun retorted by pretending to let me fall. I gripped tighter onto his forearms, not wanting to fall.

"Okay, sorry, sorry." I apologised profusely, hoping that he wouldn't scare me like that again. Daehyun stopped my endless streams of "sorry's" by kissing me again.

I guess that he could cross it out twice.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N:

Wow, over at last. Do you realise that I spent the last six months at this? Wow, I wasn't expecting to even finish this, to be honest with you. And even if I finished it, I thought that I would only get to the 20th chapter mark, not 71!

This is a proud moment for me, I know that parts of this were sub-standard and boring, and I apologise for that. However, if you made it through to the end with me, I want to thank you.

Thank you for coming on this experience with me. I will never forget it, you and all the comments that you left me. This is truly a personal experience that I can only share with you, my readers, as no one - not my friends or family - knows that I write fanfiction.

So, it was with you that I shared this experience, so thank you.

I hope that I didn't disappoint any of you with this. I more than likely did, and I apologise.

I hope that you will support my future endeavours, and watch over me as I continue to progress with my writing ability. Looking back over this story alone, I think that I grew a lot. Just even look at the length of the first chapter and this one, I think there is a large difference.

A message from Daehyun to you, from me and him :) He has nice writing, btw ^^

 

And, this is the song that I am currently obsessed with :)

 

Do you want to know something trivial, yet fascinating to me? I'm going to have a little '(C)' beside my foreword and a red [Completed] as well :)

Amazing :)

As always, 

~* Fighting *~